PDA

View Full Version : It's time to trade Tim Duncan

Diego3
04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Its time to end the era. while his value is eye lets get something for him and build around Manu/Parker/good young piece from Duncan trade.

Duncan is going down-hill he looks like a stiff.

Spurminator
04-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Can't. We're past the trade deadline. Oh well.

manufor3
04-14-2008, 05:15 PM
wow... you suck at trolling. horrible first post.

Diego3
04-14-2008, 05:25 PM
I suck at putting things up my butt

WalterBenitez
04-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Its time to end the era. while his value is eye lets get something for him and build around Manu/Parker/good young piece from Duncan trade.

Please allow me to call you stupid
:lol

Sigz
04-14-2008, 05:49 PM

Fuck you fag.

We'll never trade Duncan and that's the end of it.

gmanrulz
04-14-2008, 05:52 PM
every time people say that he turns it up again no worries

urunobili
04-14-2008, 06:36 PM
:ban:

jag
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM

No need to lie.

dbreiden83080
04-14-2008, 06:53 PM
More like it is time to get the man some more help. TD took 11 mil less on his contract extension because the Spurs laid out for him what they could do with that over the next few years. They fucking A better do it. :ihit

bigfundamental21
04-14-2008, 06:56 PM
:idiot

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 06:57 PM

Kobayagi
04-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Spurs could get some decent scrubs and 2nd round picks for him.

Sigz
04-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Fuck that bullshit.

clubalien
04-14-2008, 07:21 PM
The future of this team is ian. Everyone knows it We can do the twin tower thing again.. tim & david not Ian and tim. or we can trade duncan while he is worth alot for lebron james and have a team built around ian with a nice complement in James. While the twin tower approach has worked for us in the past I must say I am intrigued with have two young guns to dominate the league.

Sigz
04-14-2008, 07:53 PM
The future of this team is ian. Everyone knows it We can do the twin tower thing again.. tim & david not Ian and tim. or we can trade duncan while he is worth alot for lebron james and have a team built around ian with a nice complement in James. While the twin tower approach has worked for us in the past I must say I am intrigued with have two young guns to dominate the league.
No, this isn't NBA LIVE.

You think the Cavs are going to trade their all-star/all-pro/all-god 23 year old Lebron James for a Tim Duncan clearly on the downside of his career, who is about to turn 32 in a couple of weeks?

No.. this is the real NBA.

O-Factor
04-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Why even feed this bullshit trolling guys?

Mister Sinister
04-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Did someone say "I'm a colossal dumbass?" Because I'm pretty sure I heard OP say "I'm a colossal dumbass."

milkyway21
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM

You mean you signed just to tell us that? Get out of here already, you-> :devil

as if you're the one paying his salary.

unbelievers, grrrrrrrr!

SpursPreacher
04-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Those who defy the word of duncan,and his great deeds shall burn in the fire bandwagon and pity idiotcy I say ban my brothers,ban !!!!

Tradition
04-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Odom/Walton/picks/cash/ for Duncan.

:fro :fro

Brutalis
04-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Buying price for your head is a small number making threads like so.

SAtown
04-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Should we trade Duncan for Scola?

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
We should trade Duncan for the best PF in the league. Oh shit, we already have the best PF in the game. :(

cnyc3
04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
hmm..

Supreme_Being
04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
We should trade Duncan for the best PF in the league. Oh shit, we already have the best PF in the game. :(

Couldn't have said it better myself.

pawe
04-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Or, we could send him to the D league. Stupid motherf....

Gros Membres!
04-14-2008, 11:43 PM
I'd trade Duncan for Dwight Howard, maybe Kobe + Odom/Gasol. That's about it. I really think the Spurs are locked into riding the Duncan era out and as well they should, he's an EXCELLENT basketball player and a truly unique PF/C.

I look forward to seeing what Ian can do with Duncan.

SpurCapita
04-15-2008, 12:05 AM

How can you say Duncan's value is "eye" when we have Kurt Thomas?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
More like it is time to get the man some more help. TD took 11 mil less on his contract extension because the Spurs laid out for him what they could do with that over the next few years. They fucking A better do it. :ihit

Exactly. The Big 3 is not the problem, the role players are.

We need a few young, athletic guys who can create for themselves and make open shots. Our aging role players are letting the side down. This will be a different team next year with Splitter/Mahinmi/James Jones/Delfino/etc.

TD will never be traded, nor should he be. And the Big 3 will have us in contention until 2010.

OP, kindly remove your head from your arse.

PS Tim has to modify his game to adjust to the way it's now being called and stop whining about the reffing though.

mavsfan1000
04-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Duncan for Garnett. Make it happen.

Texas_Ranger
04-15-2008, 12:44 AM
I think that we should try to get Elson back in the lineup. Elson for Duncan/1 round pick/money. I just hope they would accept this offer.

:rollin

Dingle Barry
04-15-2008, 12:48 AM
we can trade duncan while he is worth alot for lebron james and have a team built around ian with a nice complement in James.

It's amazing that you manage to wipe your own ass.

Assuming that you do.

Budkin
04-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Ban this fuck.

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2008, 12:54 AM
6 fouls in kings game with limited pt?

trade him...NOW

ECZ
04-15-2008, 11:41 AM

BiZNicK
04-15-2008, 12:19 PM
lol............................................... ........no

There should be a board specifically for stupid threads like this.

Los Spurs
04-15-2008, 01:48 PM

It will never happen. Duncan will end up retiring from the Spurs just like Robinson. :spin

Xylus
04-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Shaq, Diaw, and this year's Atlanta pick for Duncan. Get it done, Kerr!

Killakobe81
04-15-2008, 02:06 PM
If this was pop offering Timmy i would give you Gasol straight up and throw in Luke Walton if necessary ...Look Tim has struggled and that is the reality you guys face not because he is old he is STILL in his early 30's but there is a TON of mileage on the odometer but that happens when you are in the FINALS every other year .... he not only is the best PF but he is an ALL-Time great this is even more rdiculous then the trade Dirk posts ...Only way you can trade Tim is if you get Dwight Howard or Lebron back in return (because of age/potential not because they are better) otherwise you will NOT get fair value in return...even for Kobe would be foolish because he has quite a few miles on him as well. As for PF Amare is great on offense and he would help there but you would lose on the defensive end BIG time ..you should be adding to Tim not takng away Tim

Xylus
04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Gasol and Walton for Tim Duncan. LOL

SlovenianGuy
04-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Duncan for Rasho straight up seems fair.
:smokin

Kobayagi
04-15-2008, 02:59 PM
I see someone offering Rashard max deal sometime in the near future...so, no thanks.

ancestron
04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
the Spurs should trade Parker, Duncan, and Ginobili for an SS18 SATAN 10 series 20 mega-ton intercontinental ballistic nuclear missile.

hsxvvd
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM

So I take it from this that you have tried. Then you've obviously compared this to someone else so as to make a judgement about your abilities to do so. Concerning...

Killakobe81
04-15-2008, 05:04 PM
It was a joke the (Gasol/Walton deal) just saying if they RELLy wanted to trade Duncan for younger PF Gasol fits the bill ... :p:

Lakers_55
04-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't want to incur any wrath from a Spurs fan here, but trading TD is something to consider. Considering is far different than doing! Let me explain. I did ask in my very first post the other day about the neccessity in a few years for your Spurs to rebuild. Age of key players is an issue that faces every team eventually. One of the reasons the Lakers are considered the greatest franchise in NBA history is their ability to rebuild. I have seen this quality in the Spurs as well, excellent! You had some great teams in the early 80's with the Ice-Man. You got Robinson and built around hiim, then added TD. Later, along come TP and MG.

I made an argument in 1988 that it was time for Boston to trade off Larry Bird. The Pistons were proving to be the beast of the east and had the Celtics' number. My suggestion was to trade him for John Stockton. Never happened and Bird was done in 4 years. Stockton would have thrived forever in Boston. The Celtics have been an also-ran since then, and this year's retooling was for the present, not for the future.

I was happy we got rid of Shaq in 2004 when he was still worth something. Since he is a native to SA and if Phoenix fails this year, he would be a good catch for you guys. (Not for TD though, lol). I feel the big guy still has a run or two left in him. Don't know what he would cost you in personell though....

Trading TD probably won't solve for the future. Best way to do it would be to send him to a team like Portland that would become an instant contender. Not certain if you can get what you want there, unless it's Oden.

Nothing wrong with riding TD, TP, and MG for as long as it's worth, then look to the future. These guys deserve to finish as Spurs. I am sure your team will find the right path.

Oh, by the way, your team has just as good as a shot in the west this postseason as any team. No knowledgable fan is counting you out. Best of luck!

Indazone
04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Scola with extended minutes for the first time this season outscored and outrebounded Carlos Boozer.

BIG z
04-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Should trade him for Scola, that would make Spurs Dynasty 21, happy, by the way did that dude get banned....

clubalien
04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
It will never happen. Duncan will end up retiring from the Spurs just like Robinson. :spin
but the spurs WERE looking to replace him with cwebb

m33p0
04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't want to incur any wrath from a Spurs fan here, but trading TD is something to consider. Considering is far different than doing! Let me explain. I did ask in my very first post the other day about the neccessity in a few years for your Spurs to rebuild. Age of key players is an issue that faces every team eventually. One of the reasons the Lakers are considered the greatest franchise in NBA history is their ability to rebuild. I have seen this quality in the Spurs as well, excellent! You had some great teams in the early 80's with the Ice-Man. You got Robinson and built around hiim, then added TD. Later, along come TP and MG.

good for business... bad for the morale of the team and the city. see the knicks when they traded away patrick ewing for effects. you don't trade away the guy that pretty much built your (basketball) city. its like prostituting yourself.

WalterBenitez
04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
whottt should explain this guy what a real spurs fan think.

milkyway21
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
:smokinRasho improved a lot this yr but needs to learn how to block shots first :spin

BTW, is your
vBookie Cash: $18446744073709551591 ... for real?

Josepatches
04-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Was the trade of Shaq good for the Lakers? I don't think that.How many rings won the Lakers without him? I'm pretty sure that they had had chance with Shaq and kobe to win one or two more.He was old but Miami didn't have better team than Lakers and Kobe>Wade.

Rydia
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah!

Fire Pops too!!

:shootme

:pctoss

Rydia
04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
:smokin

Angel Luv would totally love this!!!!

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Lakers_55
04-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Was the trade of Shaq good for the Lakers? I don't think that.How many rings won the Lakers without him? I'm pretty sure that they had had chance with Shaq and kobe to win one or two more.He was old but Miami didn't have better team than Lakers and Kobe>Wade.
Well, the trade of Shaq helped us for the future. Maybe we win a title or two more if we keep him, maybe not. However, we still have Odom, (who has come into his own this year) and our poor finish a few years back let us draft Bynum. Plus, Bynum going down led to the Gasol deal. We look to be in the hunt for as long as Kobe can play like Kobe. Also, having Shaq would kill our salary cap. Who knows if Shaq and Kobe would have killed one or the other in the meantime. We got them in effect in 1996 for Vlade Divac and a whole lot of cash. Look at it this way, your Spurs do have the knack for rebuilding. When your stars are gone and the wins are few, season tickets will become available. If you can't afford them on your own, partner up and enjoy your unknown new great team.

703 Spurz
04-16-2008, 02:42 PM

So that's what a waste of space jackoff sounds like! :clap

jn77
04-16-2008, 05:07 PM
I put things up my butt

Fixed.