PDA

View Full Version : WOW, witness this!

trueD
04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
90-89 Philly, Cavs bringing the ball in. Lebron drives the lane but loses the ball, Devin Brown finds it and goes to the rack when he's tackled by Dalembert, game over. Or is it?

Turns out, over the noise of the Philly crowd, a whistle was blown and, long after the Sixers had gone into the lockerroom, all players were called BACK out onto the court for Devin Brown to shoot two from the stripe.

This is for 4th seed for Cleveland.

Brown SINKS BOTH OF THEM!

.2 left, Nothing.

Game over!

To tell the truth, I tuned in RIGHT at the moment they were bringing in the ball with 5 seconds left and know nothing about the game as it unfolded.

That was fun!

trueD
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
damn how to delete a thread, someone else got on ahead of me.

I'll never get a scoop on spurstalk.com, NEVER! :lol

ploto
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Thank you Devin-- Raptors at the sixth seed- avoiding Detroit.

balli
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM

I'll never get a scoop on spurstalk.com, NEVER! :lol

I saw the game, so I got my own scoop, but for what it's worth yours was the first thread I saw about it.

trueD
04-14-2008, 08:57 PM
What was cool is the camera angle during the FT's. Lebron was hunched down on the first shot in the backcourt and the camera was over his shoulder. He rose up for the second shot (camera still over his shoulder) and celebrated before the ball hit the net.

That's gotta be the top play on SC tonight.

Pistons < Spurs
04-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Thank you Devin-- Raptors at the sixth seed- avoiding Detroit.
:ihit :ihit :ihit

I was looking forward to easy first round against Toronto.

bdubya
04-14-2008, 09:01 PM

Yeah, but you had the answer. :toast I thought LeBron hooked Iggy to get around him, but Iggy did block him first.

ploto
04-14-2008, 09:09 PM
http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img175/1050/hahawb6.png

ploto
04-14-2008, 09:10 PM
:ihit :ihit :ihit

I was looking forward to easy first round against Toronto.
I think Philly is the most dangerous of the lower seeds.

TampaDude
04-14-2008, 09:11 PM
http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img175/1050/hahawb6.png

:lol

AI-square
04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Dare I say it, but damn thank God it's just a regular season game.

I just hope no team gets screwed in the playoffs.

TampaDude
04-14-2008, 09:15 PM
90-89 Philly, Cavs bringing the ball in. Lebron drives the lane but loses the ball, Devin Brown finds it and goes to the rack when he's tackled by Dalembert, game over. Or is it?

Turns out, over the noise of the Philly crowd, a whistle was blown and, long after the Sixers had gone into the lockerroom, all players were called BACK out onto the court for Devin Brown to shoot two from the stripe.

This is for 4th seed for Cleveland.

Brown SINKS BOTH OF THEM!

.2 left, Nothing.

Game over!

To tell the truth, I tuned in RIGHT at the moment they were bringing in the ball with 5 seconds left and know nothing about the game as it unfolded.

That was fun!

:lol Just saw that on NBA TV...hilarious!!! :lol

ploto
04-14-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't think Philly got screwed. The whistle blew- Dalembert knew he fouled him. They checked the replay to see if the foul came before the buzzer and it did.

AI-square
04-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't think Philly got screwed. The whistle blew- Dalembert knew he fouled him. They checked the replay to see if the foul came before the buzzer and it did.

We will never agree on this.

But if it were the other way around with Cleveland leading I am quite sure they would not have called it.

Kriz-Maxima
04-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Well its funny how even there Lebron couldnt let his teammate have the spotlight.

trueD
04-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Well its funny how even there Lebron couldnt let his teammate have the spotlight.

In his defense, Lebron had nothing to do with the producers decision to film the FT's from over his shoulder. Is that what you mean? I thought it pretty genius and quite daring to film the shots there, never seen that before. It was classic.

Fillmoe
04-15-2008, 12:15 AM
watch the replay..... lebron travels before the foul.... its a CLEAR travel too....

balli
04-15-2008, 12:21 AM
watch the replay..... lebron travels before the foul.... its a CLEAR travel too....

What's traveling?

Fillmoe
04-15-2008, 12:26 AM
What's traveling?

In basketball, traveling is a violation of the rules that occurs when a player holding the ball illegally moves one or both of his feet. Most commonly, a player travels by illegally moving his pivot foot or taking too many steps without dribbling the ball.

Traveling is sometimes also called "walking" or "steps."

The basic rules regarding traveling are fairly similar across the major leagues of basketball, but slight differences exist.

trueD
04-15-2008, 12:31 AM
What's traveling?

110 down Hwy 5 from Sacramento to L.A.

Dre_7
04-15-2008, 04:09 AM
Brown was fouled before time ran out, BUT, Lebron took 3 obvious steps! It was obvious in real time speed, and even more obvious in slow-mo. So since the travel happened before the foul it should have been Philly's ball.

Obstructed_View
04-15-2008, 05:58 AM
The NBA should really allow the officials to start checking the video to see if someone travels, especially in the last two minutes of a game. I don't know why that rule hasn't been made by now.

SpursFanFirst
04-15-2008, 06:28 AM
The NBA should really allow the officials to start checking the video to see if someone travels, especially in the last two minutes of a game. I don't know why that rule hasn't been made by now.

Well, if they'd done that, then Cleveland wouldn't have had the chance to come back and win the game, would they? :lol

I'm kidding...I didn't even see the game - only stories on it. But I'm not the least bit surprised by it.

Obstructed_View
04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I was kidding. The last thing you want is the officials to be able to go back and try to check things like that. Since Lebron didn't travel anyway, it's moot. You are allowed to take one step when you jump.

TampaDude
04-15-2008, 10:41 AM
I was kidding. The last thing you want is the officials to be able to go back and try to check things like that. Since Lebron didn't travel anyway, it's moot. You are allowed to take one step when you jump.

Yup...players driving to the basket technically "travel" all the time, but the refs always give them that extra step in the lane if they are going into their shooting motion. Happens in every game. Nothing new.

Hemotivo
04-15-2008, 01:43 PM
3 steps james

g-zN4moI3Wc

:dizzy :lol :madrun :wtf :blah :lol