PDA

View Full Version : Can't fool us!

BonnerDynasty
04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Suns are up 71 to 50 something against GS at the half. Then they get waxed after halftime.

What else happened during halftime? The Rockets lost to Utah.

What happened after Suns started losing?

The Spurs all of a sudden blow the lead and fall behind the Kings. Why? Because with the Suns losing, the Spurs can afford to lose and let Utah move ahead of us.

3. Utah
4. Spurs
5. Rockets
6. Suns

Portland will not play like shit on their last game! Meaning Suns could lose again and ensure that the Spurs do not fall to their record. We have tiebreaker with rockets so all we gotta do is tie them.

Could this be the case?

LAST GAME is utah and Spurs. Both teams will be trying to tank it to avoid the Suns.

Princess Pimp
04-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Yes!!

lrrr
04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Whoever plays the suns in the 1st round will win.

Princess Pimp
04-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Whoever plays the suns in the 1st round will win.

Not the Spurs that's for sure!

BonnerDynasty
04-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Suns see that the Spurs were losing and kick it back in gear to take the lead.

There were WAY too many coincidences that worked like clockwork tonight for me not to believe in this.

Gros Membres!
04-14-2008, 11:46 PM

There were WAY too many coincidences that worked like clockwork tonight for me not to believe in this.
Elaborate.

DazedAndConfused
04-14-2008, 11:49 PM
This hilarious. The Spurs absolutely screwed themselves tonight by locking into that #3 position. They cannot avoid playing the Suns unless the following two things happen

1.) Rockets lose to the Clippers
2.) Suns beat the Blazers

If the Rockets win out against the Clippers, which they will be motivated to do since it means they escape playing the Spurs in the 1st round, there is nothing the Spurs can do to avoid the Suns in the 1st round. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Should be an interesting game against Utah. I'm all for self-preservation.

Allanon
04-14-2008, 11:50 PM
For once, I think the CIA Pop theory is right. Spurs wanted to let one slip tonight since it looked like Phoenix was about to lose.

A loss by the Suns and Spurs would be perfect for the Spurs since Jazz would move up to #3 and play the Suns in the first round. Meanwhile, Spurs would draw Houston.

Turns out both saw what the other was doing and decided to turn it on. Maybe I'm all wrong but on the surface it looks that way without going through all the tiebreakers.

TampaDude
04-14-2008, 11:50 PM

Then the Spurs see the Suns winning and TP goes nuts...

TampaDude
04-14-2008, 11:53 PM
This hilarious. The Spurs absolutely screwed themselves tonight by locking into that #3 position. They cannot avoid playing the Suns unless the following two things happen

1.) Rockets lose to the Clippers
2.) Suns beat the Blazers

If the Rockets win out against the Clippers, which they will be motivated to do since it means they escape playing the Spurs in the 1st round, there is nothing the Spurs can do to avoid the Suns in the 1st round. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Yes, they can...if the Spurs lose to the Jazz on Wednesday, the Jazz move to #3 and face the Suns and the Spurs move to #4 and face the Rockets.

td4mvp21
04-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Yes, they can...if the Spurs lose to the Jazz on Wednesday, the Jazz move to #3 and face the Suns and the Spurs move to #4 and face the Rockets.

I thought that at first too, but actually that would mean the Spurs would have the same record as the Rockets, Jazz, and Suns. The Jazz/Suns would move up to the 3 spot, the Jazz/Suns to the 4 spot, the Spurs to the 5 spot, and the Rockets to the 6 spot.

BonnerDynasty
04-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Both teams (SA and PHX) played tonight at the same time.

Close game between Spurs and Kings the whole game, but Spurs owned them the entire game pretty much. We held the leash so to speak.

At halftime of the PHX GS game, the score was 71 to 57 I think.
DURING HALFTIME of the PHX GS game, it was FINAL that Utah beat the Rockets.

Coming out of halftime for the PHX GS game, the Suns get their ass completely whipped by GS and GS has a decent lead going into the middle of the 4th.

Why would the Suns all of a sudden start getting owned like that coming out of halftime? Because the Suns want the Spurs and not Utah.

The Spurs SEE that the Suns might actually lose and figure why not TANK the game. Why? Because Utah was only 1/2 behind the Spurs once they beat the Rockets tonight. Why not try and drop below the Jazz since we play them in the last game. Have them move up to 3rd to take the PHX who are 6th. Then we could get Rockets (us 4th, them 5th...because we own the tiebreaker over the Rockets).

So move into late 3rd, early 4th quarter (I can't remember when) and the Spurs all of a sudden start to play like absolute shit and give up their lead (while PHX was still down). Literally, turnover after turnover after turnover.

PHX sees this and probably figures out that the Spurs would lose too since they would not have to worry about tying/losing record to Suns as much. The Suns loss would create a buffer for the Spurs to allow them to try and dip to 4th.

As SOON as the Spurs lose the momentum and lead to the Kings, the Suns get the lead back.

Suns end up winning the game, and the Spurs almost fucked themselves over at the end.

It all happened so fast but it was too ridiculously tied together for them not to be doing it. At least I think haha. It's too damn confusing.

Allanon
04-14-2008, 11:59 PM
No the Spurs didn't have to lose against Utah if both Spurs and Suns lost tonight..

If Suns lost, they would be 28
Spurs 27

Utah 27 and SPurs 27 but the Jazz would still have the tiebreaker if the Spurs won on Wednesday because they have a better conference record by 1 ... if they beat the Rockets tomorrow which they probably will at home..

So Spurs would drop to 4, Utah #3, Rockets #5, Spurs #6

Oops, nevermind....my logic ain't right here. Spurs would have to lose to Utah.

BonnerDynasty
04-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Now we cannot lose to Utah and let the Suns win right?

That sucks.

DazedAndConfused
04-15-2008, 12:04 AM
OK can someone definitively break down all the possible scenarios and seedings that could occur from here on out?

BonnerDynasty
04-15-2008, 12:06 AM
OK can someone definitively break down all the possible scenarios and seedings that could occur from here on out?

That's what I'm saying. lol

This is really hard because you have to take into account that Utah also does not want the Suns. Why would you when you have the Rockets (the 2nd weakest team in the playoffs?)

From what I read on Suns boards, they do not want the Jazz and would love to have the Spurs.

I don't even know who the Rockets would rather have.

The Spurs cannot tie the Suns because Suns have tiebreaker. We have tiebreaker over Rockets. Utah-Spurs tiebreaker is still up for grabs I think. Spurs cannot afford to lose HCA to the Suns. After game 5 of last year though, maybe HCA isn't shit. I don't know.

:dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

Allanon
04-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Well whatever could have happened tonight, DIDN'T :D

I guess we can move on but it certainly looked like the Spurs went into tank mode for a bit and then came out of it the same time the Suns rallied. TIm Duncan got sent into the game even with five fouls and no matter what he was going in.

Clean slate... 3 teams with 27 losses with Spurs holding the deciding card with only 26 losses. It really comes down to Utah/Houston tomorrow and what the Suns decide to do on Wedenesday.

Suns would probably like to see the Rockets, Spurs and finally the Jazz.

Spurs would rather see Jazz or Rockets.

The bad thing is the final Spurs game is decided before the final Phoenix game so they ultimately have the final say.

BonnerDynasty
04-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Well whatever could have happened tonight, DIDN'T :D

I guess we can move on but it certainly looked like the Spurs went into tank mode for a bit and then came out of it the same time the Suns rallied. TIm Duncan got sent into the game even with five fouls and no matter what he was going in.

Clean slate... 3 teams with 27 losses with Spurs holding the deciding card with only 26 losses. It really comes down to Utah/Houston tomorrow and what the Suns decide to do on Wedenesday.

Suns would probably like to see the Rockets, Spurs and finally the Jazz.

Spurs would rather see Jazz or Rockets.

The bad thing is the final Spurs game is decided before the final Phoenix game so they ultimately have the final say.

Not if there is a 30 minute power failure!

Whisky Dog
04-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Who fucking cares? You're gonna beat three damn good teams if you make it to the finals anyway. Oberto looks like he's flipped the switch, TP looks like he's flipped the switch, Finley is shooting well, Udoka is playing and shooting well, so if TD and Manu perform in playoffs as their past several years would indicate then this team will have a good shot at beating whoever they play, especially with home court in round 1.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-15-2008, 02:31 AM
Who fucking cares? You're gonna beat three damn good teams if you make it to the finals anyway. Oberto looks like he's flipped the switch, TP looks like he's flipped the switch, Finley is shooting well, Udoka is playing and shooting well, so if TD and Manu perform in playoffs as their past several years would indicate then this team will have a good shot at beating whoever they play, especially with home court in round 1.

and despite all the "switch flipping" SA barely won by 3 and was THIS close to being locked into the 6th seed without HCA against anyone.

That's what scares.

With or without Manu.

mexicanjunior
04-15-2008, 08:39 AM
and despite all the "switch flipping" SA barely won by 3 and was THIS close to being locked into the 6th seed without HCA against anyone.
That's what scares.
With or without Manu.

Barely won by 3 against a sub .500 team without Artest, Martin and Miller at that. There is no way this game should have even been close. The Spurs need to just win the games in front of them and not worry about seeding because, if they lose HCA, they will most likely not beat anyone...