PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine O'neal

sickdsm
01-17-2005, 07:02 PM
I felt sorry for the pacers after the fight but now i'm so sick of JON. Every day he bitches about the "black athlete" and how racist everyone is. I refuse to sympathize with him whatsoever. Stern should just suspend him for being an idiot.

JON = Rasheed of years past

FilSpursFan
01-17-2005, 07:04 PM
But he's still better than KandiMan...

Dex
01-17-2005, 07:07 PM
O'Neal kind of reminds me of a schoolyard bully.

ALVAREZ6
NBA Forum :)

SpursWoman
I felt sorry for the pacers after the fight but now i'm so sick of JON. Every day he bitches about the "black athlete" and how racist everyone is. I refuse to sympathize with him whatsoever. Stern should just suspend him for being an idiot.

JON = Rasheed of years past

On a different note....I hate that I'm a short, white female and can't make millions of dollars a year for working only about 6 months out of it.

Discriminating bastards. :fro

myhc
01-17-2005, 07:12 PM
what has he said that makes you say he's whining about racism?

ZStomp
01-17-2005, 07:17 PM
On a different note....I hate that I'm a short, white female and can't make millions of dollars a year for working only about 6 months out of it.

6 months?

It's a little more than that. I think a lot of professional atheletes play/practice/lift weights...etc.... all year long.

:spin

SpursWoman
01-17-2005, 07:18 PM
:)

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2005, 07:19 PM
6 months?

It's a little more than that. I think a lot of professional atheletes play/practice/lift weights...etc.... all year long.

:spin
I do the same thing, i dont get paid...

Experiment2100
01-17-2005, 07:22 PM

On a different different note......I despise that slightly overweight gentlemen like myself can't make millions of dollars just because I used to be a really fat kid and gave up sports for awhile.

exstatic
01-17-2005, 07:44 PM
I wonder if he's trying to get Bird to trade him. I never heard any of this kind of stuff before Larry Legend canned his boy Isaiah.

T Park
01-17-2005, 09:27 PM
wonder if he's trying to get Bird to trade him.

If so, Id have Rasho, Malik, and Scola on a boat to them ASAP.

Id do whatever it TOOK, to get Jermaine O'Neal.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-17-2005, 09:31 PM

You do realize Pooh might slit his wrists...

Brodels
01-17-2005, 09:33 PM

If you're going to get O'Neal, you better be starting with Manu and Parker and then adding either Rasho, Malik, or Scola to the trade. The Pacers aren't going to trade their franchise player for a player that Spurs wish they never would have signed, an overpaid bench player with a contract nobody wants, and an unproven NBA talent.

I'm not a Jermaine fan by any means, but he's been a lot better than Duncan over the last several games. He's been the better player lately.

boutons
01-17-2005, 09:40 PM
"I'm not a Jermaine fan by any means, but he's been a lot better than Duncan over the last several games. He's been the better player lately."

ditto. He's been a stud, carrying his team, since coming back from suspension.

T Park
01-17-2005, 09:44 PM
ou better be starting with Manu and Parker and then adding either Rasho, Malik, or Scola to the trade.

Ginobili, Nesterovic, Rose

Do it today.

Start Brent Barry, Devin Brown is groomed for the position in a couple years, put LJ 3 as your third in line.

O'Neal
Duncan
Bowen
Barry
Parker

would win the ring for the next 4 years straight.

Guru of Nothing
01-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm not a Jermaine fan by any means, but he's been a lot better than Duncan over the last several games. He's been the better player lately.

[GoN scratches head][/GoN scratches head]

Brodels
01-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Ginobili, Nesterovic, Rose

Do it today.

Start Brent Barry, Devin Brown is groomed for the position in a couple years, put LJ 3 as your third in line.

O'Neal
Duncan
Bowen
Barry
Parker

would win the ring for the next 4 years straight.

I agree. The Spurs would dominate. But the point is that Indiana isn't going to trade their franchise player for two underachieving players with contracts nobody wants and an unproven talent.

Brodels
01-17-2005, 09:53 PM
[GoN scratches head][/GoN scratches head]

Eh?

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2005, 09:55 PM
That would never happen, this thread is complete BS.

1. Pacer's would not trade their dynasty for Radosoft, Manu the hot dog, and malik.

2. If Manu was traded from the Spurs, i would no longer be a Spurs fan

T Park
01-17-2005, 10:01 PM
2. If Manu was traded from the Spurs, i would no longer be a Spurs fan

Sorry to say this, but if it meant getting Jermaine O'Neal, sorry but there is the door.

The Pacers would make any trade if O"Neal demanded it, and wouldn't play for them.

And BTW, thats the best they would get offered, a serviceable center, an all star shooting guard, and a decent backup4.

They could get rid of Pollard and Fatass David Harrison.

It makes sense to a point.

Guru of Nothing
01-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Eh?

Just puzzled why you are drawing comparisons between JO and TD. Seemed kind of unnecessary.

Brodels
01-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Sorry to say this, but if it meant getting Jermaine O'Neal, sorry but there is the door.

The Pacers would make any trade if O"Neal demanded it, and wouldn't play for them.

And BTW, thats the best they would get offered, a serviceable center, an all star shooting guard, and a decent backup4.

They could get rid of Pollard and Fatass David Harrison.

It makes sense to a point.

The Spurs don't have an all star shooting guard to trade. Ginobili is exciting, but he's a support player. The Pacers could get more than a support player and an average NBA center for one of the better big men in the game.

They simply could get more. I'd love to see him on the Spurs if Duncan and him could stay out of each other's way, but he isn't going anywhere for anything less than another franchise player. There is just no way.

Brodels
01-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Just puzzled why you are drawing comparisons between JO and TD. Seemed kind of unnecessary.

I guess the point was to show that he's pretty darn valuable. If he's playing at TDs level or greater, Indy isn't going to trade him for a sack of crap plus Manu.

Brodels
01-17-2005, 10:08 PM
It seems logical, for instance, that the Sonics would deal Ray Allen (a better player than Ginobili) for O'Neal. I think they would do that in a heartbeat.

It seems logical that the Celtics would trade Pierce, a borderline franchise player, for Jermaine.

It seems logical that Portland would trade Randolph, an offensive stud and go-to player, for O'Neal.

It seems logical that the Sixers would at least consider trading AI for O'Neal just because Jermaine is so much younger.

It's almost certain that the Nets would trade Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson, or Vince Carter of O'Neal. The Pacers could almost certainly have their pick.

And it goes on and on. If Jermaine ever became available on the trade market, other teams would be interested in giving up a lot because O'Neal is a very good big man and he's still pretty young.

T Park
01-17-2005, 10:09 PM
ndy isn't going to trade him for a sack of crap plus Manu.

What did you think the Lakers would get for Shaquille O'Neal?

A decent forward a mediocre guard, and a crap forward.

Seems oddly familiar.

Just because YOU wouldn't make the trade Brodels, doesnt mean Indiana wouldn't.

I do like how you try to convince even yourself,

"THey just WOULDN't!!!"

All this is said, its just wishing on a star.

T Park
01-17-2005, 10:12 PM
It's almost certain that the Nets would trade Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson,

Why would they want THAT crap, Jefferson sucks, and Kidd is on one leg.

Zach Randolph, pfft, right right, hes a really really good go to guy alright, why is Portland under 500 if he is so great?

76ers arent gonna trade Allen Iverson.

Paul Pierce and what else???

your comebacks are kinda weak.

Guru of Nothing
01-17-2005, 10:16 PM
I guess the point was to show that he's pretty darn valuable. If he's playing at TDs level or greater, Indy isn't going to trade him for a sack of crap plus Manu.

Hokay.

Without question, I assume that JO is not a trade option for the Spurs - cause even if he has outplayed TD for a week or two, I'd still rather the Spurs kept Tim.

[/SillyInternetForumFodder]

Brodels
01-17-2005, 10:17 PM

A decent forward a mediocre guard, and a crap forward.

Seems oddly familiar.

Just because YOU wouldn't make the trade Brodels, doesnt mean Indiana wouldn't.

I do like how you try to convince even yourself,

"THey just WOULDN't!!!"

All this is said, its just wishing on a star.

Of course, you could at least attempt to try to look at the situation with some intelligence.

With Shaq, we're talking about a thirty-something player making way over the NBA max with an expiring contract. And he was demanding an extension that would pay him in the neighborhood of twice the NBA maximum salary per year. All this, and he's not a spring chicken.

There were a ton of difficulties with trading Shaq because of his salary, age, contract status, and future salary demands.

Jermaine is under contract for the long-term at much less than Shaq is making. He's young and hasn't shown signs of breaking down like Shaq has. He'll be on your team for a while because he'll be under contract.

Odom isn't wonderful, but he's an all-star. The Lakers didn't get equal value back, but everyone knew that they wouldn't.

With Jermaime, you can get equal value because his salary is manageable, teams don't have to worry about signing him to an unrealistic contract in the future, and he's young and isn't likely to break down anytime soon.

Those two scenerios aren't even similar at all. You know as well as I do that Indiana could get much more than a role player shooting guard and a bunch of contracts that no other NBA team wants for O'Neal. Nobody wants Rasho and Rose. And Manu is a very good role player. Use your head.

Question: why would Indiana take Manu and Rasho over Pierce, Iverson, Randolph, Carter (he'd fill seats), or another legit NBA star?

Brodels
01-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Why would they want THAT crap, Jefferson sucks, and Kidd is on one leg.

Because Kidd is looking pretty good and can still run a team. He's still a talented player. And Jefferson is a legit scoring threat. Some may disagree, but if you ask people outside of SA, at least half of them will tell you that Jefferson > Manu.

Zach Randolph, pfft, right right, hes a really really good go to guy alright, why is Portland under 500 if he is so great?

Because he's young and still improving and because he's playing with a bunch of crap. Lebron didn't lead his team to the playoffs last season. Neither did Iverson. Do Lebron and Iverson suck? If your theory is correct, than Kobe must suck too. His team wasn't doing so well. They are in danger of not making the playoffs.

One player doesn't make a team go. Especially when he's still and up and coming player. He's got more offensive talent that 90% of the league's big men.

76ers arent gonna trade Allen Iverson.

Well, their management admitted that they considered trading him in the past, so why would that change? Iverson has been awesome, but he's tended to get injured and he's getting a little bit long in the tooth. I personally think that the Sixers would do that deal in an instant just because it keeps them competitive for many years.

Paul Pierce and what else???

Paul Pierce and Al Jefferson is a much more impressive package than Manu, Rasho, and Scola.

your comebacks are kinda weak.

At least I back them up with numbers and analysis. Everyone on the forum knows that you're unwilling or unable to do that, and that's why nobody really takes you seriously.

Brodels
01-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Hokay.

Without question, I assume that JO is not a trade option for the Spurs - cause even if he has outplayed TD for a week or two, I'd still rather the Spurs kept Tim.

[/SillyInternetForumFodder]

Well, and let's be clear here - I'm not suggesting that the Spurs trade Duncan for O'Neal. I wouldn't do that trade.

ducks
01-17-2005, 10:35 PM
I would have taken oneal even if it might not resigning manu

Guru of Nothing
01-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Well, and let's be clear here - I'm not suggesting that the Spurs trade Duncan for O'Neal. I wouldn't do that trade.

I assumed as much.

T Park
01-17-2005, 11:01 PM
And Jefferson is a legit scoring threat, and outside of SA, some consider Jefferson > Manu

What people would those be, because the should be hit over the heads witha ballpean hammer.

Ginobili is twice the player Air Gay is.

Jefferson is a legit scoring threat? Maybe if he can dunk, other than that, what can he do? He sure as hell cant shoot jump shots.

AI and what else?? Marc Jackson??

Paul Pierce and Al Jefferson first off wouldnt match salaries, second, wouldn't be enough as well.

So Brodels, you can talk down to me, and say "thats why people dont respect you"

Its a flippin message board, whoopty doo, Ill be loosin sleep now no question :rolleyes

MosesGuthrie
01-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Some may disagree, but if you ask people outside of SA, at least half of them will tell you that Jefferson > Manu.

yeah those 12 or 13 that regularly show up at the Continental Airlines Swamp Hut...er..Arena.

exstatic
01-18-2005, 03:15 AM
Richard Jefferson is the second coming of Montey Williams, only in a large media market. Dude couldn't make 5-5 unguarded 15 foot jumpers alone in a closed gym to save his mother's life. He has one talent, and one talent only: finishing on the break. He can't create his own shot, and he can't create for others, mainly because no one honors his ball fake.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Richard Jefferson is out for the season. He probably won't be traded with that big contract and not being able to play til next year.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2005, 04:39 AM
Why is this thread talking about trading for Jermaine anyway? Why would Indy trade their franchise?

Brodels
01-18-2005, 07:18 AM
What people would those be, because the should be hit over the heads witha ballpean hammer.

I'm telling you that because it's true. Manu is a great all-around player, but Jefferson is the superior offensive player.

Ginobili is twice the player Air Gay is.

So you really think that Manu is twice as good at Richard Jefferson? If that's true, than Manu should be making Kevin Garnett money and be a franchise player.

Jefferson is a legit scoring threat? Maybe if he can dunk, other than that, what can he do? He sure as hell cant shoot jump shots.

You know, Manu isn't one of the league's better jump shooters either. Jefferson and Manu have similar capabilities from the perimeter. It's just that Jefferson is a litte more comfortable with finishing close to the basket. You may argue that he's overhyped, but players only half as good as Manu don't get olympic invites and huge contracts.

AI and what else?? Marc Jackson??

The package could involve Sam Dalembert. Or it could include picks. If you think that it's going to take something else, than you should certainly realize that the Spurs couldn't trade a bunch of crap for O'Neal.

Paul Pierce and Al Jefferson first off wouldnt match salaries, second, wouldn't be enough as well.

At least do some research before making yourself look like an idiot. A trade including Pierce and Jefferson for O'Neal is within 115% and 100,000, so the salaries actually do match. RealGM trade ID #=2176439

Paul Pierce is better than Ginobili. He's a franchise player. Al Jefferson is a budding star and many in and outside of New England think he's got the tools to become a franchise player. You obviously don't see him play much. He's struggled a little defensively in his first year, but no young big man has better offensive tools than Al. It could take some time, but he's got the ability to become the next Jermaine O'Neal.

If you seriously think that Indy would take a franchise player who is still young and a budding star for Jermaine, why would you think that they would take an inferior player (Manu) and contracts nobody wants? I really want to hear you rationalize this, because it really doesn't make any sense.

So Brodels, you can talk down to me, and say "thats why people dont respect you"

I didn't say a single thing about respect.

Its a flippin message board, whoopty doo, Ill be loosin sleep now no question :rolleyes

And generally, on message boards, people bring arguments to the table and discuss topics. Most people here are willing to do that. You just wait for someone to say something that goes against what you wish to be the case and come up with some sarcastic response to try and make them look like an idiot.

All I'm saying is that everyone else seems to talk intelligently about basketball and bring quality arguments to the table. You have shown time and time again that you can't do that.

So instead of thinking that the Pacers would like Manu instead of a franchise player and a budding franchise player simply because you're a Spurs fan, why don't you actually do some analysis? Why don't you form a real argument?

I'll be waiting. And if you can, then somebody will actually try to talk basketball with you seriously.

Look, I'd love to sit down and have a beer with you sometime. I think it would be fun, and I hope we can do it when I'm in San Antonio. But when it comes to talking about basketball, at least check your facts.

CosmicCowboy
01-18-2005, 10:03 AM

uhhh...Shaqs 32 million a year contract took ALL of the other players off the table. Lakers didn't really have a choice.

Thats just not the case with Indiana and O'Neal...you guys are dreaming...

Brodels
01-18-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm still waiting for TPark to explain why the salaries don't match in the above trade and why the Shaq trade proves that Indy will take a bunch of crap for Jermaine.