PDA

View Full Version : My Props to Golden State

spurscenter
04-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Props to GS for another good season

Golden State 48 33 .593

if they were in the east, they be 4th seed and home court .

Always a big Don Nelson fan, great guy.

Anyhow, props to Golden State for a hell of a season

BTW, Portland and Sacramento would of been in the playoffs in the east.

What a season for the ages.

http://www.spurscenter.com/images/blog/webelieve.jpg

Fillmoe
04-15-2008, 12:18 AM
we know... the east sucks... stop reminding us.... seattle would have been a playoff team in the east....

mavsfan1000
04-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Bwahaha we took them out of the playoff race with our win on them. What a joke of a team they are.

lurker
04-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I was pulling for them to get the 8th seed. Too bad they couldn't make it happen.

Why wasn't Baron playing during the second half, anyway? Was he injured or just being an ass?

BonnerDynasty
04-15-2008, 12:35 AM
I loved the GS series last year, best I've probably ever seen.

But I give NO props to the the Warriors. NONE. They had so many chances to get into the playoffs. And they didn't.

I really like that team (entertainment) but damn.

resistanze
04-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Bwahaha we took them out of the playoff race with our win on them. What a joke of a team they are.
Uh no? Phoenix took them out of the playoff race.

Fillmoe
04-15-2008, 12:42 AM

lol... mavericks fans and their stupid logic......

SAtown
04-15-2008, 12:42 AM
But I gove NO props the the Warriors. NONE. They had so many chances to get into the playoffs. And they didn't.

Weren't they about to have the best record ever to not make the playoffs? I think that deserves props, especially in a Western Conference like this year.

mavsfan1000
04-15-2008, 12:44 AM
The pivotal game was against Dallas though. We could've missed the playoffs instead if we lost that game.

Fillmoe
04-15-2008, 12:47 AM
pivotal game was against denver... STFU... you know nothing about basketball

Jeremy
04-15-2008, 12:48 AM
They can still tie the Suns' 1971-72 record for best team to not make the playoffs (49 wins).

mavsfan1000
04-15-2008, 12:55 AM
pivotal game was against denver... STFU... you know nothing about basketball
Yeah they lost both games. If they won both games, they would've made the playoffs. The Mavs game put them in a hole and the Nuggets game finished the deal. Lol at a Kings fan getting pissed about the reason the Warriors didn't make the playoffs. :lol

milkyway21
04-15-2008, 01:02 AM
Props to GS for another good season

Golden State 48 33 .593

if they were in the east, they be 4th seed and home court .

Always a big Don Nelson fan, great guy.

Anyhow, props to Golden State for a hell of a season

BTW, Portland and Sacramento would of been in the playoffs in the east.

What a season for the ages.

http://www.spurscenter.com/images/blog/webelieve.jpg

yeah! I would have been more exciting seeing you play in the playoffs, Golden State.

:clap for beating Dallas and made history last season, once again!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img10779753.jpg
So sad. Good luck, SJax.

Fillmoe
04-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah they lost both games. If they won both games, they would've made the playoffs. The Mavs game put them in a hole and the Nuggets game finished the deal. Lol at a Kings fan getting pissed about the reason the Warriors didn't make the playoffs. :lol

NO... they could have afforded to lose the Dallas game... but the Denver game was the must win... if they lose to dallas and beat denver they are in the playoffs.... how retarded are you?

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-15-2008, 02:17 AM
serves them right for advertising playoff tickets on their website over a month ago

mojorizen7
04-15-2008, 03:57 AM
ATT NELLY: I give no props to a team that chooses to play smallball so they can squeak into the playoffs only to get bounced every year.

manufor3
04-15-2008, 07:10 AM
dont talk trash about a team that beat ya last year.

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 08:08 AM
lol... mavericks fans and their stupid logic......
he's a bulls fan.

DarrinS
04-15-2008, 08:12 AM
GS plays ZERO defense.

DarrinS
04-15-2008, 08:13 AM
And Matt Barnes is a punk.

CubanMustGo
04-15-2008, 08:33 AM
ATT NELLY: I give no props to a team that chooses to play smallball so they can squeak into the playoffs only to get bounced every year.

How about a team whose offensive mantra is "go, go, go" so they can get into the playoffs only to get bounced every year?

1Parker1
04-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Ehh, they had their chances. Plenty of them to make the playoffs. That 1-6 start they had, the games against Mavs and a hobbling Dirk, the home game against the Nuggets, etc. I do think Nelly's style of play took it's toll on guys like Baron Davis, unaccustomed to playing so many games and minutes.

They were a good team which I would have been excited to see in the playoffs though, esp after last season what they did. They'll be back next year. They need some interior presence.

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 08:35 AM
LOL three months of Shaq and suddenly Sun Fan thinks they're masters of grind it out playoff basketball.

mavsfan1000
04-15-2008, 09:34 AM
NO... they could have afforded to lose the Dallas game... but the Denver game was the must win... if they lose to dallas and beat denver they are in the playoffs.... how retarded are you?
They still could've gotten to the playoffs if they beat Dallas and lost to Denver. But they didn't. :lol

Findog
04-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Warriors would never have beaten a healthy Dallas team. We couldn't punish them with Big Ball because Dampier tore his rotator cuff, and Dirk had bone spurs. Spurs shut Tony Parker down earlier this year with that injury because he was so ineffective, but it was the playoffs so gamer that he is, Dirk played.

Fuck You Golden State. Enjoy the Lottery.

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

JamStone
04-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Ben Wallace played the entire 2004-05 playoffs with bone spurs, not missing any games.

Why is that an excuse?

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Ben Wallace played the entire 2004-05 playoffs with bone spurs, not missing any games.

Why is that an excuse?
Yeah because you were counting on 25+ points a game from Ben Wallace every night.

JamStone
04-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Because bone spurs don't affect the primary rebounder and shot blocker like a scorer?

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Because bone spurs don't affect the primary rebounder and shot blocker like a scorer?
Rebounding & shot blocking is great and all, but you can hide a guy to a certain extent on the defensive end. When your primary scorer is the one hurt, it's a lot tougher to pick up the slack.

Would you rather Ben Wallace be suffering from bone spurs or Chauncey Billups?

JamStone
04-15-2008, 10:02 AM
They weren't hiding him.

2004-05 playoff stats

Ben Wallace 11.30 rpg, 2.36 bpg, 1.72 spg

And, Billups' game isn't as dependent on athleticism and mobility. I wouldn't want either to have bone spurs but if the choice is between the two in terms of their effectiveness on the court, I'd rather Billups have the bone spurs. Billups already gets burned on defense by quick guards. And, it's not like his offense is predicated on attacking the rim. That's a no-brainer. Would rather have Ben healthy and Billups have the bone spurs. Ben Wallace's game is predicated on his athleticism and mobility. Bone spurs affect him much more.

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Good for Ben. It's still easier to pick up the slack on the defensive end than to pick it up for the league MVP and by far the most important offensive player on the team. The entire foundation of the Mavs offense is the Dirk iso in the high post.

And if you're comparing Ben Wallace to Dirk you're crazy.

JamStone
04-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I wasn't comparing Ben to Dirk. I was comparing bone spurs to bone spurs.

Findog
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Sidney Crosby missed 3 months with a high ankle sprain while Dirk missed 10 days. Ben Wallace played an entire year on bone spurs while Tony Parker was shut down for weeks. Dirk had the same injury and wasn't at 100%.

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 10:12 AM
I wasn't comparing Ben to Dirk. I was comparing bone spurs to bone spurs.
Because an injury is the same for every player. A separated shoulder is a separated shoulder, regardless of if the player is a QB or a Kicker.

JamStone
04-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Good point.

That was part of my point. Findog initially compared Dirk's bone spurs to Tony Parker's bone spurs when Parker sat out for weeks. Just saying. Don't know to what degree each was, but then you can't just say Dirk played with bone spurs when Tony Parker sat out a few weeks with bone spurs. Just as you implied, each injury is different for each different player.

I'm just saying don't use it as an excuse.

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm just saying don't use it as an excuse.
I definitely agree with that. Dirk's bone spurs may have bothered him but it's no excuse for the team getting their ass beat by GS.

DazedAndConfused
04-15-2008, 10:31 AM
I think we are seeing the end of the road for GSW. IMHO they have pretty much peaked. That style of basketball just isn't going to generate anything better than an #8-9 seed for that team. Their best bet is letting Nelly go and hiring a real coach.

I suspect either Baron or Nelly is gone by next season.

Findog
04-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Maybe they're both gone.

Hey, it's not like the Mavs are going to win a title, schadenfreude over Golden State's demise is pretty much all I got. Now the Suns just need to get eliminated by the Lakers and this will be a nice consolation prize.

Shank
04-15-2008, 11:01 AM
The Warriors can eat a wheelbarrow full of dicks.

A WHEELBARROW!

Findog
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
WE BELIEVE...in Derrick Rose.

hahahaha...suck it Fuckers.

ludda
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Mav fans should be pissed at their own team's performance losing to a run and gun team that not only was easily dismissed by the Jazz the next round, but also won't be making the playoffs this year.

Also, GS had ample opportunity to make the playoffs, they lost too many games b/c they finally ran out of gas and SJax played like crap the last few weeks.

ludda
04-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I think we are seeing the end of the road for GSW. IMHO they have pretty much peaked. That style of basketball just isn't going to generate anything better than an #8-9 seed for that team. Their best bet is letting Nelly go and hiring a real coach.

I suspect either Baron or Nelly is gone by next season.

I think Baron may go. Monta Ellis has shown great improvement this season. They will keep Monta and Biedrins.

Findog
04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Mav fans should be pissed at their own team's performance losing to a run and gun team that not only was easily dismissed by the Jazz the next round, but also won't be making the playoffs this year.

Also, GS had ample opportunity to make the playoffs, they lost too many games b/c they finally ran out of gas and SJax played like crap the last few weeks.

I blame Avery for that loss way more than I do Dirk.

Xylus
04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
On behalf of the Suns organization, I would just like to say to the rest of you... "You're welcome."

NBA Junkie
04-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Stephen Jackson's seven game suspension to start the season came back to haunt them.

ElNono
04-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Their shooters went cold in the last few weeks... and outside of Monta, everyone else was letting it fly and bricking it.
Remember the whole drama before the season started with Don Nelson, and the pay raise he wanted?

spurscenter
04-17-2008, 02:49 AM
This guy is going to be a superstar

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marco_belinelli/game_by_game_stats.html