PDA

View Full Version : B-Diddy Benched versus Suns - Trouble in Golden State

Allanon
04-15-2008, 02:40 AM
I thought it was odd that Baron Davis didn't play in the 2nd half in a do or die game versus the Suns. I thought he was injured.

Turns out Nellie just kept him out. I can see this turning out REAL ugly.

Golden State played the entire second half without Davis, who was benched by coach Don Nelson after going 2-for-13 in just under 17 minutes.

"I gave Baron a much-needed rest in the second half," Warriors head coach Don Nelson said. "I gave him a half off."

Davis, the Warriors' leading scorer at 22 points a game, left without talking to reporters.

sabar
04-15-2008, 02:51 AM
I don't see that team keeping all it's pieces this off-season after that. Guess it depends on what Baron says next.

DNP - Coach's Decision on next game means Oakland can say bye to their brief playoff run and go back to lottery years.

KidCongo
04-15-2008, 03:01 AM
Baron to Cleveland in off-season

1Parker1
04-15-2008, 08:41 AM
He was 2-13. Hasn't played well the last couple of big games they've had. Props to Nelly for having the guts to do that.

sribb43
04-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Nellie was playing Belinelli and Perovic in the first half....WTF is that about. Seems as if Nellie wanted to make sure he has plenty of time to spend at his house in Maui starting this weekend

mystargtr34
04-15-2008, 09:26 AM
That was bull shit.... Nellie can get fucked.... i dont care if Baron Davis is 0-25 you play that dude the entire game... i hope he tells Nellie to get fucked and gets out of there.

Dex
04-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I don't think Nellie benched him because of his shooting percentage.

Manu has had plenty of 1/11 first halfs and still gone on to finish the game with 20+ points.

Findog
04-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Baron is going to opt-out now for sure.

How do you like that Golden State?

:lmao

Shank
04-15-2008, 09:47 AM
He'll be getting 18 million if he stays. Hard to pass that up.

I'd read where Davis was sick and didn't look 100% to Nelly. That, or he was still hungover from his birthday party the night before.

Indazone
04-15-2008, 09:50 AM
hmmm how bout we trade T-Mac for B-Diddy??

JamStone
04-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Well it almost worked. Didn't Golden State come back in the third quarter?

Orlando should trade anyone and everyone except Dwight Howard for Baron Davis.

N4th4n
04-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Word is Baron had a big birthday party in the valley the night before. I would guess a hangover had something to do with this.

MrChug
04-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Baron is going to opt-out now for sure.

How do you like that Golden State?

:lmao

Ya know...I consider myself amongst one of the biggest Nellie fans out there but D@MN dude, how many players does your fat @$$ need to alienate to prove you're not always right? Jeez...see post #10, it's not the worst idea. "Scolarules" is a moron, but at least I'd take the Rockettes seriously. :hat

Killakobe81
04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
I agree this does seem strange ...curious 2 see if this blows up in Nellie's face

The Nba Is Rigged
04-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Wow this is could get serious, but what does nellie expect anyway? His team lives and dies by the jumpshot, when they are hot everything's good and when they are cold they lose. Simple as that. Nellie should have developed and played his bench more btw

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Word is Baron had a big birthday party in the valley the night before. I would guess a hangover had something to do with this.
That puts it into perspective. Definitely hope it was a hangover.

Maybe Nellie was aware of something we didn't know by half-time, and Baron Davis walking back without talking to reporters wasn't because of coach-player drama.
I hope it turns out to be nothing.
If BD leaves the GS Warriors are over, since SJax seems to be tight with him, the chemistry of the team would change too much.

Findog
04-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Well, that's on Boom Fizzle for not getting himself ready to play for the biggest game of the year. Some leader he is.

Findog
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
If Nellie leaves, then the dominoes begin to fall. B-Diddy will opt out for sure, SJax is not going to want to stick around on a team going nowhere. They can match any offer for Monta and I'm sure they will, but will they be able to afford Biedrins too?

The Nba Is Rigged
04-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey isn't it funny that in a must win game vs the warriors Baron Davis shot 2-13? I haven't heard anyone call Baron "soft" or a "choker". Well Im guessing Baron gets a free pass on that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, that's on Boom Fizzle for not getting himself ready to play for the biggest game of the year. Some leader he is.
I agree. Your team's on the verge of making the playoffs, and you're out getting smashed the night before. Not the best of priorities.

He basically screwed over the GS fans.
Guess he's not really interested in the 'ship.

ludda
04-15-2008, 05:29 PM
This wasn't the "biggest game of the year"...unless Denver was going to lose to the Grizz. The biggest game was against the Nuggets in GS. Everyone pretty much knew their chances of getting into the POs was shot after that.

Allanon
04-17-2008, 03:44 AM
More from ESPN

"I'm getting up to the point where it's not an easy job. It's nice to be wanted and I think the organization would like to have me come back. I think most of the players in the other room would like me to come back, probably some wouldn't. I've had a really good time here in two years and that's a big factor in whether I return or not."

-- Warriors coach Don Nelson, who turns 68 in May.

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2008, 05:05 AM
imo baron should stay and get that 18m imo

then whatever happens after that, he can still sign for MLE/years...since his still that good and injury prone...some time will give him a bogus MLE contract over a period of years imo....