PDA

View Full Version : Champions Fear No One

gasolina
04-15-2008, 03:09 AM
As a Laker fan, I could not care less as to who we meet in the 1st Round. The 8 play-off bound teams in the West are soo evenly matched that upsets are not applicable unlike in the East where Boston has like a 30-game lead on the last-placed Hawks and if the Celts lose, that would be classified as an upset.

I prefer that my Lakers be the team to kick the Suns out of the play-offs. They were the ones who sent us fishing the past couple of years and I would love to post D'Antoni's pouting face on youtube after they get the boot. I'm hoping the Suns will land as the 4th or 5th seed so we could meet in the 2nd round (assuming we land the top spot)

Now about the Spurs, I sense that Pop doesn't really care who your Round 1 opponent will be. I sense he has a different playbook for the play-offs. And even in embarrasing losses, there is still a silent swagger in him.

The kind of swagger that reminds ringless hopefuls like the Suns,Hornets,Jazz and Mavs that Champions fear no one.

And beating the Spurs 4 times out of seven is a gargantuan task indeed.

Doctor J
04-15-2008, 04:17 AM
Ditto. I appreciate that.

I like your attitude as a Lakers fan, too.

Thanks for posting this thread.

urunobili
04-15-2008, 04:31 AM
your wish is Sterns command! you'll get the suns in the second round.. we'll play the Jazz in the first...

timvp
04-15-2008, 04:38 AM
Champions don't fear any team but matchups matter in the NBA. Even great teams had trouble with certain matchups. The mid-90's Rockets couldn't beat the Sonics to save their lives. Even last season, the Warriors would have been rolled by anyone in the playoffs ... other than the 67-win Mavs.

Just because a team wins a championship doesn't mean that they would have beaten every team who made it to the playoffs. Getting the right draw is pivotal unless you are a team like the '96 Bulls, '99 Spurs or the '01 Lakers.

DespЏrado
04-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Champions don't fear any team but matchups matter in the NBA. Even great teams had trouble with certain matchups. The mid-90's Rockets couldn't beat the Sonics to save their lives. Even last season, the Warriors would have been rolled by anyone in the playoffs ... other than the 67-win Mavs.

Just because a team wins a championship doesn't mean that they would have beaten every team who made it to the playoffs. Getting the right draw is pivotal unless you are a team like the '96 Bulls, '99 Spurs or the '01 Lakers.

This

And the spurs have been playing like crap (and injured) so they are going to need a while to gear up into playoff mode...

But I'm kind of resigning myself to the fact that this year may not be the year we beat the even year curse. We have a decent shot at the title and we will be the toughest out for anyone, but the Spurs haven't been showing they have what it takes the last month to win it all. I hope I am wrong.

Obstructed_View
04-15-2008, 06:21 AM
I agree. The Spurs have had trouble with the Suns since the Shaq trade. I want them in the first round. If the Spurs can't beat them they might as well start their vacation early.

tlongII
04-15-2008, 06:36 AM
gasolina is destined to become one of the most popular posters from another team on this board.

Demo Dick Marcinko
04-15-2008, 07:31 AM
That was easily one of the classiest post I've seen from a fan of another or any team for that matter. This board will be a little better if gasolina posts more often. Welcome.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!

(until the Spurs & Lakers match up) :toast

romsho
04-15-2008, 07:43 AM

Agreed...the problem is, it really isn't just one team that is a dangerous matchup. You cannot coast for a series or two before it gets tough- not this year.

romsho
04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Furthermore...this whole unsettled playoff situation has led to the "pussification" of the average Spurs fan. The overall quality of the competition is better this year than it's ever been, but there is not any one powerhouse team in the West. Too much worry about trying to avoid certain teams and matchups- fuck that shit. The only thing that will stop this team from winning the championship is themselves...their best beats any other team that's out there's best. How do I know? Because they've actually done it. All these other teams think they can get it done, but making it happen when the bell rings is another story. This team has another gear, and the rest of the league is about to find that out. Spurs are still the team to beat. Recognize.

timaios
04-15-2008, 08:34 PM
"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion."

:ihit

04-15-2008, 10:20 PM
"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion."

:ihit
Hey that what rudy t say when the rockets win the nba championships in 1994.

Budkin
04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey that what rudy t say when the rockets win the nba championships in 1994.

Yep that's his quote after sweeping the Magic for a back to back in 1995.

WildcardManu
04-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Yep that's his quote after sweeping the Magic for a back to back in 1995.

ah yes Snaq Food got swept

SequSpur
04-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Exactly, great take.

Tony Parker doesn't fear shit. Paul, Snash, Kidd..... fuck em... bring it the fuck on...

dude.. i am so ready for this shit.... i am going to go break something....

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPURS TAKING THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!

Louie Vega
04-15-2008, 11:26 PM
As a Laker fan, I could not care less as to who we meet in the 1st Round. The 8 play-off bound teams in the West are soo evenly matched that upsets are not applicable unlike in the East where Boston has like a 30-game lead on the last-placed Hawks and if the Celts lose, that would be classified as an upset.

I prefer that my Lakers be the team to kick the Suns out of the play-offs. They were the ones who sent us fishing the past couple of years and I would love to post D'Antoni's pouting face on youtube after they get the boot. I'm hoping the Suns will land as the 4th or 5th seed so we could meet in the 2nd round (assuming we land the top spot)

Now about the Spurs, I sense that Pop doesn't really care who your Round 1 opponent will be. I sense he has a different playbook for the play-offs. And even in embarrasing losses, there is still a silent swagger in him.

The kind of swagger that reminds ringless hopefuls like the Suns,Hornets,Jazz and Mavs that Champions fear no one.

Spoken like a fan of a team that has actually won a championship! Unlike these Phoenix bitches!

bigfan
04-15-2008, 11:33 PM
100% agree with Gasolina. The west is so even right now it doesnt much matter who plays who. I think what will count most will be 1. team health, 2. coaching 3. bench strength. I would like to see us win tommorrow though to head into the playoffs on a win.

Indazone
04-15-2008, 11:49 PM
your wish is Sterns command! you'll get the suns in the second round.. we'll play the Jazz in the first...

Yeah you guys are champions, go do your duty and beat the Jazz and then draw the Suns in the first round so the Rockets can play the Jazz.

Typhoon
04-16-2008, 12:56 AM

Well said, you must be ready for anyone if you want to win it all.

Killakobe81
04-16-2008, 01:44 AM
I agree with the original poster and have said that all over this site as a Laker fan (even after Sunday's game ) the Spurs are the ones i fear well I wont say I "fear: the Spurs but they are the team I repect most and will be toughest out

Killakobe81
04-16-2008, 01:45 AM
Not all Laker fans are foolish & blind some of us respect and enjoy good basketball period and the Spurs have played that for the past decade ...much respect due ...and given.

been there seen that
04-16-2008, 01:47 AM
:rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2008, 01:55 AM
apparently the spurs players fear snaq oatmean like the last game, no one couldnt buy a basket cause they were scared oatmeal was going to eat them