PDA

View Full Version : So, whoever wins Spurs/Jazz get Suns?

DarrinS
04-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Is it true that the winner of Wednesday's game gets Suns 1st round and the loser gets the Rockets?

xtremesteven33
04-15-2008, 08:02 AM
no it also depends on who wins in the rockets and suns games.....dude im just gonna wait till thursday morning....its way too much to put my head around....

DarrinS
04-15-2008, 08:09 AM
no it also depends on who wins in the rockets and suns games.....dude im just gonna wait till thursday morning....its way too much to put my head around....

Oh shit, you're right. Didn't realize that there is a 3-way tie between Jazz/Suns/Rockets. I'm sure there are all kinds of tie breaker scenarios, I just don't know what they are.

xtremesteven33
04-15-2008, 08:25 AM
yea man...people on this forum are seriously trying to figure out this seeding on thier own and trying to find out the best scenario for the Spurs while also trying to avoid the Suns. And its just way too much.....win here, lose there.....no team controls thier own destiny this year.....

cly2tw
04-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Spurs get Suns for sure if they win vs Jazz. If Jazz win, it most likely results in Jazz-Spurs and Rox-Suns matchups.

xtremesteven33
04-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Spurs get Suns for sure if they win vs Jazz. If Jazz win, it most likely results in Jazz-Spurs and Rox-Suns matchups.

this is not true....

sa_butta
04-15-2008, 09:35 AM
It doesnt even matter who we get.

Just win.

cash459
04-15-2008, 10:13 AM
It doesnt even matter who we get.

Just win.

:toast

tmtcsc
04-15-2008, 10:14 AM
yea man...people on this forum are seriously trying to figure out this seeding on thier own and trying to find out the best scenario for the Spurs while also trying to avoid the Suns. And its just way too much.....win here, lose there.....no team controls thier own destiny this year.....

We do, and the Lakers do. Beat Utah and we are the 3 seed. I WANT PHOENIX !!!! If the Lakers win, they get the number 1 seed.

2Cleva
04-15-2008, 10:16 AM

ahem.

The top dog always is in control.

Gino
04-15-2008, 10:28 AM
this is not true....

Actually it is. If the Spurs lose, they would drop into a four way tie with Jazz, Phx and Houston.

Utah would be three, Phx four, Houston five and Spurs six.

If Spurs win, they would be three, Utah four, Houston five and Phoenix six.

Indazone
04-15-2008, 12:17 PM
My prediction for tonights Jazz Spurs game. The most sloppy worst substituted game you'll ever see as both teams try to tank to avoid the Suns.

DazedAndConfused
04-15-2008, 12:27 PM
The lesser of two evils for the Spurs is PHX w/ HCA. I highly doubt they want to go into UTA w/o HCA with Barry and Ginobli returning from injury and not in peak form.

doldrums
04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
If Houston loses and Suns and spurs win, it's spurs -rockets, Jazz- suns.

sa_butta
04-15-2008, 12:40 PM
My prediction for tonights Jazz Spurs game. The most sloppy worst substituted game you'll ever see as both teams try to tank to avoid the Suns.
Im gonna go out on a limb and say that you will not see the Spurs or Jazz tonight.

Indazone
04-15-2008, 01:44 PM
If the Hornets lose it would screw up the seedings completely. The Hornets have a lot to play for. If the Hornets lose, then there could be a tie like this

Spurs/Hornets with identical records and tied for second.

I am not sure how the tie breaker works in this case because the Spurs and Hornets have split their games 2-2

NASHville
04-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Either way, The Suns are ready.

easjer
04-15-2008, 01:50 PM
NO has to lose both it's last two to matter. They hold the tiebreaker over us.

Killakobe81
04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Dont see why people scared of Suns they look beatable Gstate just is too dumb ...if your Manu is healthy and Parker plays like last night you beat those guys in 6

Killakobe81
04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Dont see why people scared of Suns they look beatable Gstate just is too dumb ...if your team is healthy especially Manu, and Parker plays like last night you beat those guys in 6

Xylus
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Dont see why people scared of Suns they look beatable Gstate just is too dumb ...if your team is healthy especially Manu, and Parker plays like last night you beat those guys in 6
The Suns were playing against a desperate Warriors team whose playoff lives were on the line, and you could tell. Golden State came out in the 2nd half like it was a Game 7.

As for the seeding situation, I can't begin to wrap my head around it.

ludda
04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
It's basically the Jazz or Suns. Both tough, both beatable if Spurs play Spurs postseason basketball.

LEN BIAS 4EVER
04-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Would much rather face Phoenix in round 2 than round one as to let the wear and tear begin to build on Shaq, Nash, and Hill.

I don't see Houston losing nor New Orleans blowing both of their games.

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that facing Dallas in the first round would be a positive thing ??? (although if I'm New Orleans I'm nervous...)

Coach Sloan doesn't seem to me to be the kind of coach who would approach any game with less than an all out mentality. Our best hope for a title is to lose and face Utah in the first round ( last year we met in the WFC's !!) home court be damned. That would also set up a second round matchup of Phoenix vs LA and the winner of Spurs- Jazz playing a New Orleans team short on playoff experience and shorter on bench help.

Spurs vs Suns in the first round would be tougher series than we had the whole playoffs last season.

timvp
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Playing the Jazz without HCA would be tougher than Phoenix with HCA. Both series would be damn tough but having HCA will at least allow the Spurs to be at home for the first two games while they try to regain their chemistry.

Budkin
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Playing the Jazz without HCA would be tougher than Phoenix with HCA. Both series would be damn tough but having HCA will at least allow the Spurs to be at home for the first two games while they try to regain their chemistry.

I can't believe we even won one game there last year. Playing at the Delta Center (or whatever it's called ) has always been an absolute nightmare for the Spurs.

LEN BIAS 4EVER
04-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Would rather be down 0-2 to Utah and coming home than be 1-1 and going out to Phoenix. Utah doesn't match up with Duncan at all and he can carry them to a win in that series. This isn't last year's Phoenix Suns. The paint isn't open anymore with Shaq and Amare in there and Grant Hill won't wilt under pressure. I would want to avoid Phoenix until I alsolutely had too. And the team that ends up facing and having to beat both the Suns and the Lakers may not have enough left to beat the celtics in the end.

timaios
04-15-2008, 04:19 PM

If Utah beat Spurs wednesday, then there is 2 games at Utah.
Can Utah win 3 in a row against Spurs ?

I can't believe that !