PDA

View Full Version : ACL Lineup Announced............FOO FIGHTERS headlining

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 08:00 AM
http://www.aclfestival.com/lineup.aspx

Id like to see Foo Fighters, The Mars Volta, Beck, Black Keys, Against Me, Gnarls Barkley, and N.E.R.D.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Oh yeah and I forgot Vampire Weekend. I think the band I really want to see is The Black Keys. Thanks to Thunder Dan im really into this band right now.

Thunder Dan
04-15-2008, 08:31 AM
they are awesome stuff. From my hometown as well

peewee's lovechild
04-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Looks like you were wrong on every other band you said were rumored to come.

But, The Foo Fighters are cool.
So, I'm going.

Robert Plant & Allison Krauss are the ones I want to really see.

John Fogerty, Iron & Wine, G. Love & Special Sauce, Vampire Weekend, and David Byrne are of great interest to me. This sounds like a good line up.

I saw Jakob Dylan has a new group called the Gold Mountain Rebels.
What happened to The Wallflowers?

Thunder Dan
04-15-2008, 08:40 AM

I think they are doing separate shows in Texas aside from ACL, but the ACL rumors were false it appears. People that booked hotels and stuff are pissed as hell right now

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 08:45 AM

So, I'm going.

John Fogerty, Iron & Wine, G. Love & Special Sauce, Vampire Weekend, and David Byrne are of great interest to me. This sounds like a good line up.

Hey they were just rumors that I heard through various websites, message boards, etc...

KidCongo
04-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Mars Volta :tu

Soul_Patch
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
One of the weakest lineups so far. There are still some gems there, but not worth the 170 bucks it cost for the pass.

ill skip this one again...

Spuradicator
04-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Eh, last years line up was far better!

Kermit
04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
One of the weakest lineups so far. There are still some gems there, but not worth the 170 bucks it cost for the pass.

ill skip this one again...

The line-up is strong. It's the headliners that suck. $170 is still an assload, even if Wilco, Pearl Jam or Radiohead were performing in combination with the bands already confirmed.

katyon6th
04-15-2008, 09:15 AM
What a disappointing lineup. Completely, utterly and totally dis-ap-point-ing!

Maybe Creed will make a comeback and headline next year's ACL! Foo Fighters are cool but headline cool? No.

peewee's lovechild
04-15-2008, 09:28 AM

Maybe Creed will make a comeback and headline next year's ACL! Foo Fighters are cool but headline cool? No.

Creed?

Are you serious?

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Creed?

Are you serious?

Im sure she is joking..............I hope!!!

katyon6th
04-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I am joking, are you retarded????

Viva Las Espuelas
04-15-2008, 09:44 AM
i can't believe creed actually sold records. are people that deaf?!

Spuradicator
04-15-2008, 09:49 AM

Do the Foo fighters even have much of a fan base still?

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 09:49 AM
i can't believe creed actually sold records. are people that deaf?!

LOL my personal fav was the Stapp Jesus Pose. That guy was such a tool.

Thunder Dan
04-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I think I'd rather see Creed than Foo Fighters. I think I'm in the small minority that thinks Dave Grohl is ultra annoying during live shows. Atleast Scott Stapp would be wasted trying to sing

mrsmaalox
04-15-2008, 09:52 AM

So, I'm going.

I never knew they broke up; I still totally love them. I caught a free street concert in Manhattan one night with the Wallflowers, 10,000 Maniacs, and Los Lobos. It was great.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Do the Foo fighters even have much of a fan base still?

Info on their last cd. So to answer your question. Yes they do.

The album debuted at the top of the UK album chart, selling 135,685 albums in its first week. The album also went platinum in its first week in both Australia[1] and New Zealand. In the U.S., it entered the Billboard 200 album chart at #3, selling 168,668 copies in its first week,[2] and has since been certified gold.

CuckingFunt
04-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I have been completely bored to tears by everything that the Foo Fighters have put out since "The Colour and the Shape."

Spuradicator
04-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I think I'd rather see Creed than Foo Fighters. I think I'm in the small minority that thinks Dave Grohl is ultra annoying during live shows. Atleast Scott Stapp would be wasted trying to sing

LOL, it be more fun to watch Stapp on stage just to laughat him than it would be to watch the foo fighters

peewee's lovechild
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I like the Foo Fighters' old stuff.

I'd go to watch them play the old stuff.

Creed is just shit.
Pure shit.

mrsmaalox
04-15-2008, 10:10 AM
I'll certainly get my money's worth---maybe even go for VIP tix! I have no problem with Foo Fighters and even if Robert Plant looks like an old shoe, he and John Fogerty, David Byrne, Robert Earl Keen, Kevin Fowler and Shooter Jennings will be fun. As far as bands go, I am so Mars Volta'd out they can just go suck an egg; being from El Paso I have been aware of their every move and incarnation since grade school and it's just old. But Raconteurs, Jakob Dylan, Vampire W.E. and even Asleep At The Wheel are worth every penny.

Soul_Patch
04-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Yea there doesnt really seem to be anyone on that list that is like an OMFG Must See!!!

there are some good ones, ones that if i was free that night, id drop maybe 25 to 50 bucks to go see, depending on the venue, but nothing i would go out of my way to spend close to 200 bucks, and fight massive crowds to see.

Foo Fighters are fun and all, but ill stick to their old CD's.

peewee's lovechild
04-15-2008, 10:14 AM
No Bruce Springsteen?

peewee's lovechild
04-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm a little disappointed by this.

Soul_Patch
04-15-2008, 10:15 AM
oh...and LOL CREED...they remind me of Collective Soul, revisited.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 10:44 AM

I used to like Collective Soul, now creed on the other hand, talk about a band that was shoved in our faces.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Didn't Stapp get his ass kicked by his ex wife or something like that?

CuckingFunt
04-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Didn't Stapp get his ass kicked by his ex wife or something like that?I think she just slapped him and he filed charges, or something retarded like that.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 10:46 AM
I think she just slapped him and he filed charges, or something retarded like that.

hahahahah yeah he was a little bitch.

Thunder Dan
04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I like the Foo Fighters' old stuff.

The Color and the Shape is one of my favorite albums. I can listen to it all the way through, it's great. That said, when you see them live it doesn't sound anything like that. It's Dave Grohl trying way too hard to be a rockstar and he totally fucks up the songs. Just play the fucking songs and shut the hell up. You are not a comedian, people arn't here to hear your lame stories. Get your guitar and play it somewhat similar to what it sounds like on the CD's people buy.

mardigan
04-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Beck, Manu Chao, Band of Horses, Gogol Bordello, Vampire Weekend, Del would all be cool to see, but weak lineup overall this year.

remingtonbo2001
04-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Foo Fighters are decent, I'm just not sure I'd have them headline an event like ACL.

I'd prefer bands like Blues Travelers, Dave Matthews, Tom Petty or Keller Williams.

stress
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
blues traveler what !!!!!!!!! maybe a line up like deftones headline then ill nino ,glassjaw,chevelle,perfect circle if they were still together and dredge

Evan
04-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Band of Horses. Best Indie band of all time, I am going just for them.

ashbeeigh
04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
:tu on Duffy and Ingrid Michaelson. I like those girls. I listen to them in the morning when i get ready for work.

L.I.T
04-16-2008, 04:15 AM
Some decent lower tier bands though: Spiritualized, Drive-by Truckers, M Ward, The Kills and Mates of State have all put out quality albums, and Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley is worthy.

May be weak compared to last year, but I still wish I was in the US to watch.

pussyface
04-16-2008, 07:53 AM
...definitely the most underwhelming austin city limits lineup yet.

if you are over 15 and are excited to see the foo fighters, look into committing suicide

pussyface
04-16-2008, 07:56 AM
...they could definitely use a radiohead/wilco/bruce springsteen/neil young/tom petty sort to punch things up considerably

most of the bands I would care to see here could be seen at corner venues on the right night for a lot more worthwhile time.

...seeing the black keys for instance in a wide open field with 20,000 other people is a far cry from seeing them in their element in my experience

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Foo Fighters excels at putting out the album with 2 catchy radio songs and then 10 other pieces of shit nobody likes. I bet even the most hardcore Foo Fighters fan out there can only name the 15 or so songs that will be on their Greatest Hits album.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Collective Soul might actually suck worse than Creed.

leemajors
04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Foo Fighters excels at putting out the album with 2 catchy radio songs and then 10 other pieces of shit nobody likes. I bet even the most hardcore Foo Fighters fan out there can only name the 15 or so songs that will be on their Greatest Hits album.
you forgot about the catchy videos to accompany the songs.