PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do flooring?

2centsworth
04-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Need someone who's good and experienced at laying wood, laminate, carpet, and tile.

I have a couple of jobs for such a person. As much of a prick you may think I am on this site, I'm actually cool to work with in real life.

I'll need some of this work started next week, but have a good couple of weeks work for someone.

MoSpur
04-15-2008, 11:37 AM
I know someone who does good tile work.

Evan
04-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Need someone who's good and experienced at laying wood, laminate, carpet, and tile.

I have a couple of jobs for such a person. As much of a prick you may think I am on this site, I'm actually cool to work with in real life.

I'll need some of this work started next week, but have a good couple of weeks work for someone.

hah...awesome.

sa_butta
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I also know someone who does good custom tile work.

mrsmaalox
04-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Do it yourself. I've done tons of tile, vinyl, and laminate in the homes I've owned; definitely worth your effort.

balli
04-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I've never done much carpet or tile, but I worked for six years as a hardwood installer. I'd love to help you out, but unfortunately I live about 900 miles away. I will tell you to stay away from laminates though. Even if the floors are in homes or businesses you plan on selling. Nobody deserves the humiliation of Pergo. Go get yourself some strand woven bamboo.

2centsworth
04-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I've never done much carpet or tile, but I worked for six years as a hardwood installer. I'd love to help you out, but unfortunately I live about 900 miles away. I will tell you to stay away from laminates though. Even if the floors are in homes or businesses you plan on selling. Nobody deserves the humiliation of Pergo. Go get yourself some strand woven bamboo.
I agree with you on the laminate. I'm being influenced by a couple of associates, but I can get hardwood for cheap, bruce for about $1.5 sqft. How much is the bamboo?

2centsworth
04-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Do it yourself. I've done tons of tile, vinyl, and laminate in the homes I've owned; definitely worth your effort.
I did the same in my house, but I glued wood. Right now, because of time, i gotta pay someone.

balli
04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree with you on the laminate. I'm being influenced by a couple of associates, but I can get hardwood for cheap, bruce for about $1.5 sqft. How much is the bamboo?

Usually around $4-6 bucks a foot. Sounds like it might be a bit steep for what you're trying to do. Nevertheless, I love that wood. It's tough as nails.

remingtonbo2001
04-15-2008, 01:26 PM

It's more fun working with someone else.

Heath Ledger
04-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Im pretty good at laying wood...