lefty
04-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I think everybody agrees :lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SixthMan-0708

But that's a fucking joke :wtf

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=DPOY-0708

timvp
04-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Manu should have won 6MOY last year. But nobody agreed with me. Still haven't figured out why.

xtremesteven33
HAHA funny thead.....

NASpurs
Looks like Chris Palmer didn't link correctly to Manu's picture.

1Parker1
:lol No, how can Spurs fans actually still believe Bowen had a chance to win DPOY, when the past 4 or 5 years when he's deserved it the most, he hasn't gotten it? I don't even bother expecting or looking at it. This award has lost it's meaning ever since they gave it to Ben Wallace, TWICE, and Camby who's team ranks 29th in defensive efficiency.

spursrocksocks
04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
lol some jackass hit the wrong button and picked barbosa

NASpurs
Manu should have won 6MOY last year. But nobody agreed with me. Still haven't figured out why.Because you're a racist? :lol

peacemaker885
Dood..is this for real? Man Manu deserves this award like he deserves these last few games off ;-)

1Parker1
Manu should have won 6MOY last year. But nobody agreed with me. Still haven't figured out why.

I thought it was because he didn't play enough games off the bench he didn't qualify? Or that Barbosa played off the bench year round, while Ginobili alternated too much and that's why they didn't give it to him...

carina_gino20
04-15-2008, 01:00 PM
I thought it was because he didn't play enough games off the bench he didn't qualify? Or that Barbosa played off the bench year round, while Ginobili alternated too much and that's why they didn't give it to him...

He qualified. They just hid under the lame argument that he's a fake sixth man since he would be a starter on most teams.

ambchang
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
The only reason Manu is even a 6th man is because of Parker. :devil

But seriously, Garnett for DPOY this year is expected, he isn't winning the MVP, so they have to give him something for that turnaround.

remingtonbo2001
04-15-2008, 01:02 PM

B/C you are racist. :lol

Chris Palmer too.

xtremesteven33
04-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Garnett for DPOY is a joke....

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-15-2008, 01:14 PM
i dont get it. How can KG as DPOY be a joke? The Celtics were a joke and look at their defense now. You trying to tell me it was Ray Allen who made it alot better? :lol

They are the best defensive team in the league.

People complain that Camby got it on one of the worst defensive teams and now they complain coz a guy on the best defensive team will probably get it.

Sometime the homer glasses need to be replaced with realism glasses. Bowen is great defensively and deserves it at some point, but not the same year that KG has turned Boston into a defensive powerhouse.

Manu is a shoe in for 6th man of the year.

Cherry
04-15-2008, 01:22 PM

Because he's not a Six man and hates the 6MOY prize?

The only reason Manu is a 6th man is because of Pop and a scoreless bench.

leo_d
04-15-2008, 02:03 PM
they only consider his numbers when he was comming from the bench or when he was starting too?

thekingrobert
04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
all this damn garnett love is past disgusting

timvp
04-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Because he's not a Six man and hates the 6MOY prize?He is technically the sixth man and he doesn't hate the 6MOY, he just doesn't care about it. Then again, Manu wouldn't care about winning MVP either. He's all about winning.

That doesn't mean you don't give him awards he rightfully earned. Manu should have won 6MOY last year and I still haven't met a Spurs fan who is as outraged as I am that he didn't. Leandro Barbosa over Manu when Manu was eligible for the award? Lunacy. Whether a player cares about the award shouldn't enter into the equation.

Spurs Brazil
04-15-2008, 03:39 PM
He is technically the sixth man and he doesn't hate the 6MOY, he just doesn't care about it. Then again, Manu wouldn't care about winning MVP either. He's all about winning.

That doesn't mean you don't give him awards he rightfully earned. Manu should have won 6MOY last year and I still haven't met a Spurs fan who is as outraged as I am that he didn't. Leandro Barbosa over Manu when Manu was eligible for the award? Lunacy. Whether a player cares about the award shouldn't enter into the equation.

Agree. Manu should have won it last season.

In the playoffs last year he destroyed Barbosa

TMTTRIO
04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
The 6MOY award is a stupid award anyways and I think they just need to get rid of it. It's not like it's an MVP award or one of those important awards. I hope Manu doesn't get it and he really doesn't deserve it because he's an all star caliber player and not just some bench player. Even he said he'd rather be known as an energy player off the bench and not a 6th man and that your either the best or not and that there should be no in between. I wish they would just not count him and just give it to someone else. Unfortunately it looks like he's going to win it :(.

Cherry
04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
:tu :(

Manudona
04-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Manu should have won 6MOY last year and I still haven't met a Spurs fan who is as outraged as I am that he didn't.

You should apply to the job of CoM Seneschal :)

By the way, shouldn't you be writing some thoughts?
:p:

Obstructed_View
04-15-2008, 06:54 PM
If you are more outraged than anyone else is, it's only because you were, no real disrespect intended, foolish to think the same people that wouldn't give Bowen DPOY would give Manu 6MOY if there was an excuse not to. The fact that there's still one dumbass that's trying to make a case for Barbosa should tell you all you need to know.

Frankly, being outraged at the disrespect shown to my team is too draining, simply because we could spend all our time discussing it. The only individual award I'm rooting for a Spur to win is finals MVP, and I don't give a shit which one of them wins it.

m33p0
04-15-2008, 08:31 PM
err... no comment.

*runs off to another thread*

ploto
04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I believe that voters did not choose Manu last year because they felt that it violated the spirit- if not the letter- of the existence of the award. Last year Manu started 36 games and came off the bench 39 games. While he technically qualified, he really was a Sixth Man less than half the season.

This year, he only started 23 games and is more in line with the intent of the award.

carina_gino20
04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I believe that voters did not choose Manu last year because they felt that it violated the spirit- if not the letter- of the existence of the award. Last year Manu started 36 games and came off the bench 39 games. While he technically qualified, he really was a Sixth Man less than half the season.

This year, he only started 23 games and is more in line with the intent of the award.

What is the intent of the award? If he wasn't voted in because he was a sixth man for less than half the season, then they should have made that a criterion. If anything, Manu deserves this for willingly accepting a sixth man role when he could easily be a starter.

Sec24Row7
04-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Is that what a fly sees when he looks at Manu?

Typhoon
04-16-2008, 12:59 AM
They should give it to someone else, Manu doesn't give a shit about 6th man award.

timvp
04-16-2008, 01:08 AM
If you are more outraged than anyone else is, it's only because you were, no real disrespect intended, foolish to think the same people that wouldn't give Bowen DPOY would give Manu 6MOY if there was an excuse not to. The fact that there's still one dumbass that's trying to make a case for Barbosa should tell you all you need to know.

Frankly, being outraged at the disrespect shown to my team is too draining, simply because we could spend all our time discussing it. The only individual award I'm rooting for a Spur to win is finals MVP, and I don't give a shit which one of them wins it.Yeah, outrage was too strong of a word. "Annoyed" probably was the better word. In the big picture I don't care one way or another, but it's just lame that an award he should have won based on the rules of the award was given to someone else. Especially because the reasoning for not giving it to him has never made sense to me.

Whether Manu wanted or didn't want the award, that doesn't change the fact that he earned it. Unless they change the rules for voting, the player who deserves it should get it.

tlongII
04-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah, outrage was too strong of a word. "Annoyed" probably was the better word. In the big picture I don't care one way or another, but it's just lame that an award he should have won based on the rules of the award was given to someone else. Especially because the reasoning for not giving it to him has never made sense to me.

Whether Manu wanted or didn't want the award, that doesn't change the fact that he earned it. Unless they change the rules for voting, the player who deserves it should get it.

Would you be as annoyed if Tony Parker was in the same situation?

TMTTRIO
04-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Well like Charles said if Manu continues to come off the bench we might as well retire the award.

timvp
04-16-2008, 01:28 AM
Well like Charles said if Manu continues to come off the bench we might as well retire the award.Well, there's already the David Robinson award. Might as well make it the Manu Ginobili award.

:smokin

timvp
04-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Would you be as annoyed if Tony Parker was in the same situation?No. I'm racist against Belgians.

Doctor J
04-16-2008, 01:54 AM

Timvp, as far as I know, to be eligible for the sixth man award, a player must play at least 41 games coming from the bench.

Last season, Manu started 36 games and came off the bench 39 games.

I don't know. He might have been qualified for the award. But my feeling was that he started too many games. That's why Leandro became a sentimetal choice over him, I guess......

carina_gino20
04-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Timvp, as far as I know, to be eligible for the sixth man award, a player must play at least 41 games coming from the bench.

Last season, Manu started 36 games and came off the bench 39 games.

To be eligible for the award, a player must come in off of the bench in more games than he starts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Sixth_Man_of_the_Year_Award

Obstructed_View
04-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Yeah, outrage was too strong of a word. "Annoyed" probably was the better word. In the big picture I don't care one way or another, but it's just lame that an award he should have won based on the rules of the award was given to someone else. Especially because the reasoning for not giving it to him has never made sense to me.

Trust me, those things are bitter pills; you aren't alone in not enjoying them.

On a brighter note, it's a good thing the Spurs didn't win three more games because Manu would be watching someone else win his MVP trophy.

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2008, 05:58 AM
i dont get it. How can KG as DPOY be a joke? The Celtics were a joke and look at their defense now. You trying to tell me it was Ray Allen who made it alot better? :lol

They are the best defensive team in the league.

People complain that Camby got it on one of the worst defensive teams and now they complain coz a guy on the best defensive team will probably get it.

Sometime the homer glasses need to be replaced with realism glasses. Bowen is great defensively and deserves it at some point, but not the same year that KG has turned Boston into a defensive powerhouse.

Manu is a shoe in for 6th man of the year.

CAMBY is a fukn joke, you know it, i know it, spursfans know it, last season he didnt deserve it, where was he in the spurs/nuggets playoff series last season? how come TD wasnt shut down?

Sometimes voters better look outside the square besides stats

Emeyin
04-16-2008, 06:53 AM
It's a shame Tim Duncan hasn't won the DPoY award after all this time either. Not to mention Bruce Bowen.

DAF86
04-16-2008, 03:18 PM
No. I'm racist against Belgians.

Now you pissed off the french guys, are you happy?

DAF86
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Trust me, those things are bitter pills; you aren't alone in not enjoying them.

On a brighter note, it's a good thing the Spurs didn't win three more games because Manu would be watching someone else win his MVP trophy.

Yeah, Tim Duncan :lol

Obstructed_View
04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah, Tim Duncan :lol
Yeah, that was going to happen. :rolleyes