PDA

View Full Version : We have to lose tomorrow and play against Houston

Josepatches
04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
IMO it's the best option.I find a semifinal against Denver or Lakers easy too .
I don't want Phoenix in the first round and Dallas in the semifinals.If we win we could be very tired to play against Utah or Lakers in the final of the west.

timvp
04-15-2008, 05:05 PM
If the Spurs lose they'll play the Jazz without HCA.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't understand what's all the fear about the Suns.. Spurs have owned forever.

Besides if you want to win it all and judging by how packed everything is, you need to play against the best teams and win. None of these teams will be a cakewalk.

People ask to play the Rockets and you don't know what's going to happen there either.

You need to win it all against all teams.

Budkin
04-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Bring on the Suns... we'll easily beat them in a 7 game series.... give me a break. We lost last week because we couldn't shoot. That's it.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-15-2008, 05:23 PM
If the Spurs lose they'll play the Jazz without HCA.

Spurs need to win tomorrow to secure HCA. That's the best they can do, regardless of 1st round oponent. They are all good teams.

Indazone
04-15-2008, 05:24 PM
There is no way you guys can get to us in round 1 :p

ThriveForFive
04-15-2008, 05:26 PM
There are two ways we could still get the Rockets correct?
We lose/Suns lose/ Rockets win
We win/Suns win/ Rockets lose

am I right?

Lakers_55
04-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Beat the Suns in any round. Then Shaq will beg to finish his career in his hometown of San Antonio. If you advance to the finals this year, beat the Celtics and finally get your back-to-back. With Shaq next year, you get a 3Peat and go down in history as one of the greatest dynasties in NBA history. Don't know if it can happen but that would be the best possible scenario among those that I have seen offered. If Lakers can't win the west, I am pulling for you guys! Best of luck. :)

ancestron
04-15-2008, 05:32 PM
fuck that

duncan228
04-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Thought I'd put this here and not start another seedings thread.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/04/15/playoff.picture.ap/index.html

West playoff picture still unclear
The eight playoff seeds are set in the East
The Lakers are close to earning the West's top seed
The middle seeds in the West remain unsettled

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Los Angeles Lakers and New Orleans Hornets tried to clear up the top of the Western Conference playoff picture Tuesday night, but the middle was still a mess heading into the final two days of the season.

If the Lakers and Hornets both won, they clinched the top two seeds in the West. Los Angeles hosted Sacramento, while New Orleans was home to face the Clippers, hoping to lock up the Southwest Division title.

There would then remain a chance for a four-way tie for third place, depending on the results of games Wednesday, the last night of the regular season.

San Antonio, Utah, Phoenix and Houston would all be battling for that spot, which would go to the Northwest Division champion Jazz if they beat the Spurs on Wednesday. Utah would then own the tiebreaker advantage against all three teams.

The Spurs would be guaranteed third by beating Utah, and still could be No. 2 if the Hornets lost their last two games. New Orleans visits Dallas in the season finale.

Dallas will earn the No. 7 seed by winning that game. If the Mavericks lose, Denver would finish seventh if it beats visiting Memphis on Wednesday.

The East playoff bracket is set. Top-seed Boston faces No. 8 Atlanta; No. 2 Detroit opens against No. 7 Philadelphia; Southeast Division champion Orlando is the third seed and meets No. 6 Toronto; and defending East champ Cleveland and No. 5 Washington hook up for the third straight year in the first round.

Jack Sommersset
04-15-2008, 05:36 PM
"You play to win the game, Hello!You play to win the game,you don't play it just to play it, thats the great thing about sports, you play to win the game" Herman Edwards.

I understand with Spur fans, thats the tank job in 96 0r 97 to lose as many games as you can to obtain Duncan is hard to understand but you play to WIN the game. You want to play the best and healthy teams. You don't want opposing teams players suspended for stupid rules or injuried durning the playoffs. If you are a Spew fan cheer them on every game to win.

Please someone tell me Mangoo pet llamas name

Go Spurs Go

td4mvp21
04-15-2008, 05:57 PM
If Houston would have won yesterday, that could have been an option. Because they lost, Utah owns the tiebreaker and would be the 3rd seed while we would be the 6th seed.

nfg3
04-15-2008, 06:19 PM
You don't want to lose the game and have other teams decide your seeding. As Timvp stated the Jazz get HCA and that isn't a good thing. Do any of you guys really want to play the Jazz 4 times in Utah?

MajicMan
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
This thread is gay. No series will be easy in the West. Sack up and play whatever team comes your way.

LEN BIAS 4EVER
04-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Yes I'll gladly play Utah and we won't need to play 4 games their, just 3.

No team is going to beat the Suns, Lakers, and Celtics this postseason. It isn't going to happen.

I like my chances a lot more to escape the first round having Utah's lack of an interior defensive post presence up against Duncan than any other alternative.

BiZNicK
04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
If the Spurs deserve to be the champs then they will defeat any team in a 7 game series. Doesn't matter who plays who, the BEST team will come out on top in the end.

hater
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
The sun fans would be all over this. FUCK THAT. Let's beat the shit out of them like we do every year.

I want Amare crying like a pussy, I want Stoudemire crying like a pussy, I wanna see Nash bleeding and on the floor. I wanna see sun fans crying again.

balli
04-15-2008, 06:39 PM
For the record a bunch of our players came out and said we want to beat you guys tomorrow. Even if that means we miss Houston. SEE WE'RE NOT TANKING COWARDS!!! WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!! THROW US THE BEST AND WE'LL STILL FUCK EM' UP. UTAH MOTHERFUCKERS. UTAH. :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

And props to the Spurs fans who think the same way about their team. That's how it should be.

LEN BIAS 4EVER
04-15-2008, 06:41 PM
This isn't every year and I heard this same bullshit in 2006 about Dallas.

WAKE UP !!!

The Spurs aren't the best team in the west and we sure as hell ain't better than Phoenix. Kerr gave them an opportunity to advance past us by adding Shaq and moving Amare out of having to guard Duncan. Now Phoenix is just going to man up instead of having to double and leave shooter's open on the perimeter. And they even can throw Hill on Tony if/when Tony abuses Nash.

Facing Phoenix in the first round is not a recipe to win back to back titles.

honestfool84
04-15-2008, 06:51 PM
The Spurs would be guaranteed third by beating Utah, and still could be No. 2 if the Hornets lost their last two games. New Orleans visits Dallas in the season finale.

Dallas will earn the No. 7 seed by winning that game. If the Mavericks lose, Denver would finish seventh if it beats visiting Memphis on Wednesday.

this could potentially be awesome:
lakers win tonight, grab 1st seed in the west.

hornets beat clippers AND MAVERICKS.

spurs beat jazz, grab 3rd seed.

four, five, and six play out so the spurs end up with rockets.

dallas loses to the hornets and fall to 8th, and the nuggets beat memphis and grab that 7th spot.

dallas knocks out la in the first round. :D

cash459
04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes I'll gladly play Utah and we won't need to play 4 games their, just 3.

No team is going to beat the Suns, Lakers, and Celtics this postseason. It isn't going to happen.

I like my chances a lot more to escape the first round having Utah's lack of an interior defensive post presence up against Duncan than any other alternative.
:dizzy :wtf :dizzy :wtf

so are they going to have a three way finals this year or something? eventually, ALL but one team will lose....

The suns can be a tough matchup for the spurs, but we can match up well and play well. if the spurs are on their game, they can run ANYONE out of the building. its just a matter of "doing" now.

BIG z
04-15-2008, 06:53 PM
if we lose tommorow, we will play Utah in the Playoffs, not Houston....

Indazone
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry Duncan 228 but the Hornets have not clinched the 2 seed.

Indazone
04-15-2008, 08:40 PM
if we lose tommorow, we will play Utah in the Playoffs, not Houston....

If the Spurs lose I think that means the Rockets have to play the Suns. Utah would play the Spurs. Unless for some miraculous reason the Hornets dropped 2 games in a row and the Spurs beat the Jazz, then that would mean the Spurs would be number 2 and play the 7th seed which would be the Mavericks. Otherwise, the Hornets clinch the 2 seed and all goes back to the normal formula.

m33p0
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
at this point of this freakish season, you can't tell who the spurs are gonna face. just win the games, dammit.

duncan228
04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Sorry Duncan 228 but the Hornets have not clinched the 2 seed.

I didn't write it, SI did. :lol
And it says if the Lakers and the Hornets both win tonight they can lock in the top 2.

"If the Lakers and Hornets both won, they clinched the top two seeds in the West. Los Angeles hosted Sacramento, while New Orleans was home to face the Clippers, hoping to lock up the Southwest Division title."

I stopped trying to keep up with it, I'm waiting until it's all said and done.

braeden0613
04-15-2008, 08:53 PM
this thread is retarded...

Indazone
04-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Well it's settled, with the Clippers loss tonight, the Hornets lock in second. Now it's up to figure out 3-8

Princess Pimp
04-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Bring on the Suns... we'll easily beat them in a 7 game series.... give me a break. We lost last week because we couldn't shoot. That's it. And you still can't

Princess Pimp
04-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't understand what's all the fear about the Suns.. Spurs have owned forever.

Besides if you want to win it all and judging by how packed everything is, you need to play against the best teams and win. None of these teams will be a cakewalk.

People ask to play the Rockets and you don't know what's going to happen there either.

You need to win it all against all teams.

Quit living in the past...

Your spursies won't survive the first round don't matter who you play.

101A
04-15-2008, 11:15 PM
By simply losing tomorrow the Spurs move up THREE spots in the draft.

Seriously.

ChuckD
04-15-2008, 11:21 PM
By simply losing tomorrow the Spurs move up THREE spots in the draft.

Seriously.
It's a weak draft. After the top 10, everyone is a second round talent.

Louie Vega
04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
The team that scares me the least is Phoenix. It pisses me off that there are some people on here that act like the Spurs have never walked into Phoenix and ended their playoff lives. People are scared to play Phoenix? Bunch of bitches! I guarantee you the Spurs are scared of noone! 4 titles back that up!

Spurs rock
04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
The only way the Spurs play the Rockets in the first round is if:

Spurs beat the Jazz
Clippers beat the Rockets
AND Suns beat Portland

anakha
04-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Quit living in the past...

Says the Rocket fan... :lmao

Indazone
04-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I believe that was a Suns fan you dork

Princess Pimp
04-15-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm a Suns fan but these idiots think I'm a Rockets fan...

Syracuselaxman44
04-16-2008, 12:29 AM
you best be scared spurs fans.

spursrule32
04-16-2008, 12:30 AM
you best be scared spurs fans.

why?

Princess Pimp
04-16-2008, 12:47 AM
why?

http://www.zvuki.ru/photo/b/9678/picture.jpg

Killakobe81
04-16-2008, 01:57 AM
LOL Spurs should be afraid really?! Why?
Spurs biggest mistake is not using Tim's mobility vs. Shaq ...If Tim tries to jump hook or postup Shaq yes shaq can defend him but parker timmy pnr and Duncan with the ball on the wing when he has not yet used his dribble will dominate Shaq...Tim can take him to the bank, drive around him or open the drive for Manu & Parker
You should still BEAT the suns

Dre_7
04-16-2008, 03:01 AM
This thread is gay. No series will be easy in the West. Sack up and play whatever team comes your way.

I totally aggree. I hope the Spurs go out tonight and give 100%, have no injuries, and win.

Go into the playoffs with confidence.

Let the other pieces fall as they may.

Whoever they play in the 1st round, they play. I BELIEVE they can, and will, beat every team they have to play.

anakha
04-16-2008, 03:19 AM

You don't know Louis like we know Louis. :lol

cly2tw
04-16-2008, 03:57 AM
The team that scares me the least is Phoenix. It pisses me off that there are some people on here that act like the Spurs have never walked into Phoenix and ended their playoff lives. People are scared to play Phoenix? Bunch of bitches! I guarantee you the Spurs are scared of noone! 4 titles back that up!

They have never walked into Shaq's territory and eliminated a Shaq-led team, maybe?

cly2tw
04-16-2008, 04:01 AM
Spurs biggest mistake is not using Tim's mobility vs. Shaq ...If Tim tries to jump hook or postup Shaq yes shaq can defend him but parker timmy pnr and Duncan with the ball on the wing when he has not yet used his dribble will dominate Shaq...Tim can take him to the bank, drive around him or open the drive for Manu & Parker

Tim had mobility advantage over Shaq? Well, I guess you were trying to say Pop intentionally instructed that Tim not use it to beat the Suns in the regular season. But I doubt it.

101A
04-16-2008, 09:00 AM
They have never walked into Shaq's territory and eliminated a Shaq-led team, maybe?Actually they have.

Twice. (and Kobe was there, too)

And, yes, btw, Pop would certainly not give too much of a look in the regular season to what he might do in the playoffs.

Learned a lesson in '06.

Indazone
04-16-2008, 09:08 AM

Yeah but cept then, the Suns will put Stoudamire on Duncan for help defense.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Manu played like dog shit against the Suns last time, hopefully things change

Manu_Ginobili
04-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I don't want Phoenix in the first round and Dallas in the semifinals.If we win we could be very tired to play against Utah or Lakers in the final of the west.

The Division leader rule: Jazz CANNOT finish lower than 4th(!), then what happens is, if the Suns and HOU win tonight, and the Spurs LOSE, there will be a 4-way tiebreaker where the Spurs will end up 6th, the Jazz will be 3rd with the WIN having Home Court advantage against the Spurs.

See this - Jazz wins, Houston wins, Phoenix wins, Records: Jazz 55-27, Phoenix 55-27, Houston 55-27, San Antonio 55-27. Tiebreakers: This is the much-discussed four-team tie. According to the NBA office, the tie is broken first by removing the Jazz, who are guaranteed a top four seed as the Northwest Division champions. Then you do a three-way head-to-head tiebreaker with the games the Rockets, Suns and Spurs have played against each other. Phoenix is 5-3, Houston is 4-4 and San Antonio is 3-5. The Suns and Jazz then are part of a tiebreaker to determine the Nos. 3 and 4 seeds. The Jazz own the season series with Phoenix so they are third, the Suns fourth, the Rockets fifth and the Spurs sixth. NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed this Monday.

...if the Spurs win, they will automatically lock the number 3 seat, and should HOU and the Suns win, there will be a 2-way tie, the Jazz will end up 4th* (but, actually *being 5th by losing home court to either Houston or the Suns with 1 more loss than both teams), and the Spurs WILL HOST THE SUNS at Home...I don't see ANY other scenarios since I am predicting HOU and the SUNS to win their games...
THAT'S IT!!!

I don't want to discuss any other scenarios should HOU or the Suns LOSE (might be) purposely, WHO KNOWS???

The other interesting fact is IF THE HORNETS BEAT DALLAS TONITE AT DALLAS, THEY WILL AVOID THEM IN THE 1ST ROUND, should Denver beats Memphis...LA Lakers will play Dallas, however, Denver MIGHT ALSO "PLAY GAMES" as resting ALL the starters to SECURE a First Round Playoff matchup with LA Lakers...HOWEVER, if we think logically, DENVER WOULDN'T WANT TO PLAY LA LAKERS because LA LAKERS killed them 3-0 in the regular season, so I believe Denver will be STUPID to rest starters against Memphis...

GO MANU!!! PLAY AGAINST UTAH!!! PLEASE!!!

Indazone
04-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Everyone is going to play hard in these last games. Nobody is gonna let up. Hornets have a lot to play for. They will want the Nuggets. Mavs want to avoid the Lakers so they will be playing hard too.

timmy21_4rings
04-16-2008, 11:46 AM
If SA and Suns lose, we get Houston.
If SA & Suns win and Houston loses, we get Houston.

With Houstoin, HCA does not matter to SA. I can not think of any other way we can avoid both Utah and Phonix.

rascal
04-16-2008, 11:51 AM

I agree that Houston would not be a tough matchup in the first round but the Lakers have too much size and depth for the spurs and would be a difficult matchup.

carrecaminos
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
This isn't every year and I heard this same bullshit in 2006 about Dallas.

WAKE UP !!!

The Spurs aren't the best team in the west and we sure as hell ain't better than Phoenix. Kerr gave them an opportunity to advance past us by adding Shaq and moving Amare out of having to guard Duncan. Now Phoenix is just going to man up instead of having to double and leave shooter's open on the perimeter. And they even can throw Hill on Tony if/when Tony abuses Nash.

Facing Phoenix in the first round is not a recipe to win back to back titles.

pussy