PDA

View Full Version : Help Save the Sonics

thesouthfloridafan
04-16-2008, 12:42 AM
As citizens of the NBA, it falls on the rest of us to help Save the Sonics! I beg you to please post your team/owner's information with the following. Thanks!

We Miami Heat fans have put together a proposed plan of action here: http://thesouthfloridafan.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-help-seattle-keep-their-sonics.html

It involves this:

IMPLORE EVERY NBA TEAM BLOG TO POST THE ADDRESS OF THEIR OWNERS. IN ADDITION, LETTERS SHOULD INCLUDE SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

"As a form of protest, we vow to boycott any game next season in which the Oklahoma City Sonics play, whether it be in our arena or watching it on television."

Spread this around as much as you can. It's going to take the other teams to prevent this from happening. Let's save the Sonics!

Typhoon
04-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Keyloggar!

SAtown
04-16-2008, 12:44 AM
I'd be cool with the Sonics staying put in Seattle, and just getting rid of the Heat. They have no business in the NBA anyways

thesouthfloridafan
04-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Honestly, I don't care if you trash the Heat today. Just please help spread the word to any NBA Blogs.

As citizens of the NBA, it falls on the rest of us to help Save the Sonics! I beg you to please post your team/owner's information with the following. Thanks!

We Miami Heat fans have put together a proposed plan of action here: http://thesouthfloridafan.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-help-seattle-keep-their-sonics.html

It involves this:

IMPLORE EVERY NBA TEAM BLOG TO POST THE ADDRESS OF THEIR OWNERS. IN ADDITION, LETTERS SHOULD INCLUDE SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

"As a form of protest, we vow to boycott any game next season in which the Oklahoma City Sonics play, whether it be in our arena or watching it on television."

Spread this around as much as you can. It's going to take the other teams to prevent this from happening. Let's save the Sonics!

Obstructed_View
04-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Fuck Seattle. They knew who the ownership group represented, had tons of chances to save their team by just building an arena and decided that David Stern would save them. Now they act surprised that this his happening to them. Stupid.

ChuckD
04-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Fuck the Sonics fans. I'm glad they're likely to lose their team. They fucking cheered when Duncan went down in the '05 playoff series. What goes around comes around.

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 07:20 AM
The horses are loose! Close the barn door! CLOSE THE BARN DOOR!!!!

remingtonbo2001
04-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Fuck the Sonics fans. I'm glad they're likely to lose their team. They fucking cheered when Duncan went down in the '05 playoff series. What goes around comes around.

Can't speak for those at the Key in 05, however, I lived in Washington and the people I met were incredibily nice. I think the Sonics deserve to stay in Seattle and if this was happening to the Spurs, I can't imagine how pissed I would be. Have a little compassion for those who respect the game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-16-2008, 07:36 AM
It's terrible that the Sonics are moving, but there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it because it's quite clear Stern has the move stitched up.

A sad day for the NBA. :depressed

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Fuck the seatle sonics team and the past owners fuck them who cares

where were they when SAS was going to be move, where was the support? YEH THATS RIGHT boo hoo cry me a fuckn river, what goes around comes around.

And fuck that previous owner for crying out loud.

If i was the owner of a business i would reallocate also if i was makn losses, im in a view for profit. IF the customers wanna boycott the team? then fuck them, theres always a new market to target at, and someone who would appreciate what you bring to the community.

greenroom
04-16-2008, 07:46 AM
I am so sick of how everyone is upset with Clay. Everyone knew when he purchased the team they would be moved. He "attempted" to keep the team in Seattle, but if Seattle does not want to stepup to keep the team like they did the Mariners and Seahawks then I do not feel sorry for them.

Does it suck that fans have to pay for their team to stay with what the 1-2 cent tax or so that usually goes on these stadium deals. Sure, but sports are a business and just like any other business they have the right to move its headquarters to a city that will pay for them.

Taco
04-16-2008, 07:59 AM

How to Help Seattle Keep THEIR Sonics
Earlier today, I touched on the travesty taking place in Seattle. The Sonics are leaving, and nobody outside of Seattle is raising a peep. Just look at the outpouring of heartfelt emotion on message boards. We have to stop this.

One insightful commenter suggested that we post Micky Arison's information, because the owners will be voting on the relocation decision. I want to take this a step further.

I CALL ON EVERY NBA TEAM BLOG TO POST THE ADDRESS OF THEIR OWNERS. IN ADDITION, LETTERS SHOULD INCLUDE SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

There's no way everyone will boycott the games, but even a strong showing would make the statement loud and clear. Post this EVERYWHERE!!! Unfortunately, the ability to save the Sonics rests not with the heartbroken fans of Seattle, but with the rest of us. WE NEED TO CONVINCE THE NBA THAT THE OKLAHOMA CITY MOVE WILL CAUSE MAJOR ECONOMIC HARDSHIPS IN OTHER NBA ARENAS!!!

Again, I call on everybody to post some version of the above on NBA blogs all over the country. Maybe we can get Bill Simmons in on this!

Send all Miami Heat letters to:
The HEAT Group
AmericanAirlines Arena
601 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33132

Or Call: (786)777-1000

Obstructed_View
04-16-2008, 09:29 AM
The horses are loose! Close the barn door! CLOSE THE BARN DOOR!!!!
That's exactly right. Where was all this action when Seattle had a chance to approve an arena? Where was the outrage then? Oh yeah, it was being spent complaining about a pass interference call at the Super Bowl.

The nice thing about this protest is that the Seattle fans can continue to sit on their lazy asses and not have to spend any time, effort or money on keeping their team.

Los Spurs
04-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Help Save the Sonics

Too late...

degenerate_gambler
04-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I think the Sonics deserve to stay in Seattle

deserve to stay??

Capt Bringdown
04-16-2008, 09:44 AM
I lived in Seattle and I found it to be a miserable sports town.
You gotta take out another mortgage to attend a Sonics game. Boring corporate crowd that doesn't really support their team.

duncan228
04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
I lived in Seattle and I found it to be a miserable sports town.
You gotta take out another mortgage to attend a Sonics game. Boring corporate crowd that doesn't really support their team.

I was there 7 years, I found the crowd great. I saw a lot of games and it never mattered who they were playing, the crowd brought it. I was gone by the time they booed Duncan, it surprised me. I'd never seen anything like that in my experience there.

It could be expensive, but aren't most arenas? When Schultz owned them he put out nice deals on fairly decent seats. He made a family section so the kids could be away from people drinking.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-16-2008, 09:55 AM
i hope they move

ancestron
04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I lived in Seattle from 96-2000. Cant speak for everyone, but a lot of the fans I met were incredibly homerish and ignorant about anything going on in the rest of the NBA. That really showed when they cheered Duncan's injury.
Sad to see the Sonics leave but it was a long time coming, and there are other cities that would probably appreciate a pro basketball team a lot more.