PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch fans?

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 08:06 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gJB4Dmc3L._SS500_.jpg

Season 4 started last night.

:clap

mexicanjunior
04-16-2008, 08:10 AM
I watched the first 2 episodes of the new season last night. It was entertaining although my GF is more of a fan of the show than I am...

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
The wife and I both like to watch that show.

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 08:16 AM
I don't see how Time Bandit's pickup gag can be topped.

04-16-2008, 08:41 AM
I don't see how Time Bandit's pickup gag can be topped.

Yea, that took balls to pull off.

Can't remember what season it was, but what ever happened to that young captain who got his balls busted for shopping coordinates?

MoSpur
04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
I watched the first season and loved that show. I couldn't get back into it after the first season. Its a good show though.

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeh i watch the first season, very entertaining what they get up to out there and the demands on the body when working non-stop....

how come its only crabs only?

Dex
04-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Yea, that took balls to pull off.

Can't remember what season it was, but what ever happened to that young captain who got his balls busted for shopping coordinates?

I think that was season 3. That greenhorn captain of the Maverick. He even made a good trip of it, but I don't think he's been on since.

That show is too freaking addicting, and I'm not even sure why.

And they really shouldn't put marathons on at like midnight. I blame my draggy ass today on Discovery, dammit.

Fillmoe
04-16-2008, 11:32 AM
I dont even care for fishing, but the show is dope.

Evan
04-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Kind of a "seen one seen them all" type show but I catch it when I see it on the listings.

samikeyp
04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I am not saying that my wife and I are fans of the show, but our cat's name is Sig. :)

Taco
04-16-2008, 01:30 PM
i watch it i like it!!

been there seen that
04-16-2008, 02:08 PM
I thought this topic was about STDs

Soul_Patch
04-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Absolutely Love the show....I cant believe the ammount of money these guys make, but then again i cant believe a human being is capable of working that many straight hours of hard labor, and still survive.

dawn
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
I think that was season 3. That greenhorn captain of the Maverick. He even made a good trip of it, but I don't think he's been on since.

That show is too freaking addicting, and I'm not even sure why.

And they really shouldn't put marathons on at like midnight. I blame my draggy ass today on Discovery, dammit.

Could not agree more. That and damn A&E's The First 48. I am up till 2 AM every frealing night just about watching one or the other now!!! :lol

Soul_Patch
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
The first 48 is awesome! I kind of burnt myself out on it one night, but i still try and catch the new ones.

atxrocker
04-16-2008, 02:57 PM
yeah, this show doesn't do it for me. meh.

degenerate_gambler
04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Absolutely Love the show....I cant believe the ammount of money these guys make, but then again i cant believe a human being is capable of working that many straight hours of hard labor, and still survive.

I've watched several of the episodes and I like the show.

Two things for those that do watch it regularly...

a. how long does the crab fishing season last?

b. how much do these guys make?

Soul_Patch
04-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Well it all depends on the type of crab that is in season.

Soemtimes the entire season is only about 4 days...and the deck hands on average would make about 20 to 30 thousand dollars. The Fish and Game offices set a quota on how many crab can be caught, and end the season when they feel the quota is going to be met...

In the episode yesterday, these guys were fishing for red king crab, which was something different than i had normally seen. They didnt say how logn they had been at it, but that they were done and on their way in to deliver the catch.

they had caught enough crab to make the boat 1.9 million dollars, and each deck hand made 90 grand. They were immediately turning around to fish brown king crab, so id assume their trips were a coupel of weeks at most...as i dont think they would make that turn aorund after months...and i dont think the boat would have enough fuel to sustain that.

So a couple of months of grueling work, for 90g's ....ill take it!

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeh i watch the first season, very entertaining what they get up to out there and the demands on the body when working non-stop....

how come its only crabs only?

They sometimes switch over and fish for some kind of fish (cod I think...can't remember off the top of my head), but the guys hate doing it because crab pays so much more. If I remember correctly, the Northwestern went fish fishing on one episode and the deck hands were all bummed out that their share was only like 24K for the load.

04-16-2008, 05:04 PM
You're right ASF, it was cod that the Northwestern.

I don't remember where I read it, but I thought that Sig had fallen out of favor with the rest of the fleet because he started endorsing some seafood bunch that got all their fish from Russian ships.

And get this, you can now buy a Cornelia Marie hoodie. (http://www.corneliamarie.com/)

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Dude, that rocks! I just ordered a CM Crew t-shirt.

I'm such an addict.

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 05:26 PM
And I know Sig's all over the place. Last week I saw him and Edgar on Jay Leno, then he was on Tony Stewart Live on Monday night. And they have the XBox game coming out that he is very proud of. Be nice if they release a PS3 version...

RuffnReadyOzStyle.
04-16-2008, 05:27 PM
There is something fishy about this show.

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I want one of those F/V Time Bandit caps. Dang it!

PM5K
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
One of the things I really like about this show is that it's one that really delivers, it's not all talk like some shows.

If you've ever seen Ice Road Truckers or Americas Port they often talk about things that could happen, or things that have happened, but nothing ever really happens.

Deadliest Catch on the other hand, I've seen dozens of people get injured, and a handfull of people killed.

The episode where one of the ships EPIRB is going off and nobody can contact them, that's got to be the most intense and gut wrenching hours of television I've ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see people die, but I also don't want to watch a show where all they talk about is how people can get hurt or die and the worst thing that happens is a guy stubs his toe.

Marklar MM
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't remember where I read it, but I thought that Sig had fallen out of favor with the rest of the fleet because he started endorsing some seafood bunch that got all their fish from Russian ships.

I believe they endorsed Russian king crab for sale at wal-mart or something like that. He and his brothers believed endorsing it would raise crab prices. Crab went up something like 8-60 cents a pound afterward.

Marklar MM
04-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Many of the fisherman you see work through out the year work normal jobs such as accounting or landscaping or similar. They fish for one month out of the year...because it usually doubles their yearly income.

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 05:50 PM
You can even add Sig as a friend!

http://www.myspace.com/fvnorthwestern

tlongII
04-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Excellent show. The pay is good, but I would never do that job!