PDA

View Full Version : Might Houston Tank to Land the Spurs?

tav1
04-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Just a thought, based on how poorly the Spurs are playing of late, Houston might rather face them in round 1 as opposed to the Suns and Jazz.

Corn on the Colb
04-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Man if someone tanked to FACE the Spurs in the Playoffs they would be completely retarded regardless of how the Spurs are playing.

That would be so ridiculous.

WildcardManu
04-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Doubt anyone wants to face the Spurs in the first round. Especially the Rockets who have been on a mission for the past few seasons to make it out of the first round.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I hope they tank

hater
04-16-2008, 11:47 AM
nobody wants to face the Spurs in the 1st round. Spurs might not win the back 2 back championship BUT THEY WILL NOT GO OUT IN THE 1ST ROUND.

Indazone
04-16-2008, 12:17 PM
We ain't stupid. Nobody wants to draw the defending Champions in the first round.

bdictjames
04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
LOL. If they had Yao Ming, sure why not, but without him, Im pretty sure the Rockets wouldn't want to face a team as tough and as experienced as San Antonio. IMO, they are the weakest team in the Western playoffs. Anybody who can face Houston is the luckiest.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2008, 01:10 PM
LOL. If they had Yao Ming, sure why not, but without him, Im pretty sure the Rockets wouldn't want to face a team as tough and as experienced as San Antonio. IMO, they are the weakest team in the Western playoffs. Anybody who can face Houston is the luckiest.

You sure this team even with Yao as injure player is not better team than Hornet and also Nugget? I believe Rockets is better team than them and he can win them if they will play each other in playoffs.

timaios
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
nobody wants to face the Spurs in the 1st round. Spurs might not win the back 2 back championship BUT THEY WILL NOT GO OUT IN THE 1ST ROUND.

The suns want.

Trainwreck2100
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
The suns want.

That's cause the suns are loaded with idiots

Jimcs50
04-16-2008, 01:31 PM
I think if I were Houston, I would rather face the Spurs w/o HCA than Utah w/o HCA, so this question has some validity, IMO.

Utah eliminated Houston last year in 7 games and I really do not think Houston thinks that they can win a game at Utah, whereas, the Spurs have shown that they really do not have that great of HCA this year, losing 6 home games against playoff teams this year.

Hemotivo
04-16-2008, 01:34 PM
no

balli
04-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I think if I were Houston, I would rather face the Spurs w/o HCA than Utah w/o HCA, so this question has some validity, IMO.

Enough validity anyway that Truehoop brought it up as the first thing on Wednesday Bullets.

The Spurs aren't invincible, just because they're the Spurs people. You've been playing like shit while Utah's been playing great. I'm not sure I'd rather have UT if I was Houston, but I'd sure as hell be thinking on it.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-16-2008, 03:46 PM

Utah eliminated Houston last year in 7 games and I really do not think Houston thinks that they can win a game at Utah, whereas, the Spurs have shown that they really do not have that great of HCA this year, losing 6 home games against playoff teams this year.

REspect your comments but I think losing only 6 games at home is pretty good to me.

Jimcs50
04-16-2008, 04:02 PM
REspect your comments but I think losing only 6 games at home is pretty good to me.

They lost 7 games at home, 6 to playoff teams.

td4mvp21
04-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I was wondering this. I don't think they would want to face the Jazz w/o homecourt. Then again, why would they want to face the defending champs? I guess we'll find out tonight.