PDA

View Full Version : Overheard conversation about Rasho

rr2418
01-18-2005, 09:14 AM
I overheard a conversation that two gentlemen were having. We'll call them Bob and Al. Bob is anti-Rasho, and Al is a "Spursfan".

Al: Hey, Rasho had a pretty good game, huh?

Bob: Rasho still sucks!

Al: What do you mean sucks?

Bob: Yeah, sucks! He can't shoot, he can't rebound, he can't block shots, he can't do anything right.

Al: Well Bob, take a look at his stats. 8pts, 12 rebs, 5 blks. He was 4-6 shooting. Seven of those 12 rebs were offensive!

Bob: He should've had about 15 pts! 12 rebs? I didn't see him get that many. More like 4 rebs if you ask me! Rasho had 5 blks? I saw Duncan get about 5 or 6! Maybe the stats are wrong!

Al: You know Bob, Rasho could've had 20 pts, 15 rebs, and 8 blks, and you, like so many other people, still wouldn't be satisfied!

Bob: I'll be satisfied when he's out of here!

As I sat there listening, I noticed several beer bottles around Bob. I figured he had had too much to drink and was a little buzzed. Because, how could any sober person think that Rasho did not have a good game? He'd have to be drunk to think that!! :lol

T Park
01-18-2005, 10:40 AM
that in a nutshell, is pretty much the anti Rasho crowd.

He can do no right.

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Look, when he plays good I give him credit. Let's see some more of that.

CHAMPS AGAIN
01-18-2005, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=T Park]that in a nutshell, is pretty much the anti Rasho crowd.

He can do no right.[/QUOTE

When the SPURS lose it's RASHO fault when they win it was the team sounds familar SPURS win team effort,when they lose POP fault fire POP,trade RASHO people need to realize it's a TEAM WIN and A TEAM LOST.

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=T Park]that in a nutshell, is pretty much the anti Rasho crowd.

He can do no right.[/QUOTE

When the SPURS lose it's RASHO fault when they win it was the team sounds familar SPURS win team effort,when they lose POP fault fire POP,trade RASHO people need to realize it's a TEAM WIN and A TEAM LOST.

I don't think Rasho has played well in any of our losses. I think blame is passed around pretty evenly.

Slo spurs fan
01-18-2005, 03:30 PM
He played good against Houston (Yao).

T Park
01-18-2005, 04:00 PM
I think blame is passed around pretty evenly.

Please User, he had a good game against Houston and I didnt see squat out of anyone.

This is Rasho's second straight week of good play, and its not be aknowledged.

Rasho has a tough matchup wednesday against Chris Kaman, but I feel strongly, if they run some plays EARLy for him, LIKE AGAINST WASHINGTON, he will have another good game.

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Please User, he had a good game against Houston and I didnt see squat out of anyone.

This is Rasho's second straight week of good play, and its not be aknowledged.

Rasho has a tough matchup wednesday against Chris Kaman, but I feel strongly, if they run some plays EARLy for him, LIKE AGAINST WASHINGTON, he will have another good game.

T Park, he didn't have a good game against Houston. 3 points and 5 rebounds is not a good game. He had a good game against Dallas with 8 points 12 boards and 4 blocks. The Wiz game was also good for Rasho. I acknowledged his good games after each of them so don't say it's not happening. I want to see this type of play out of him regularly and not just sporadically. I hope he can keep this up. 2 good games out of three is no reason to bash someone who was critical of him earlier.

T Park
01-18-2005, 04:40 PM
What about his defense on Yao Ming.

That doesnt mean anything?

violentkitten
01-18-2005, 04:41 PM
no matter how much lipstick you put on that pig carney no ones gonna pay to see it

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
What about his defense on Yao Ming.

That doesnt mean anything?

His defense of Yao Ming? He did hold him to 13 points which is 5 below his average. Rebounds were the same. Rasho did play better than average defense against Yao, I never questioned that. Rasho had ONLY 3 points and 5 rebounds! That is what I critisized and I think those numbers are strong grounds for that.

rr2418
01-18-2005, 04:58 PM
"I want to see this type of play out of him regularly and not just sporadically."
--- posted by Useruser666

I want see? I- want- to- see?

Hmmmm! Just wondering, how some of these anti-Rasho people would do out on the court! Come to think of it, how many of these people have even played the game? :lmao :lmao

SpursWoman
01-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Come to think of it, how many of these people have even played the game? :lmao :lmao

Hmmmm! Come to think of it! I could go out there and make just as much money and be just as effective as he has been! As in, not very! (last game or 2 not withstanding) :lmao

:shootme

and a lot of posters around here play, btw. :)

rr2418
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Hmmmm! Come to think of it! I could go out there and make just as much money and be just as effective as he has been! As in, not very! (last game or 2 not withstanding) :lmao

:shootme

and a lot of posters around here play, btw. :)

It sure is easy when you're sitting in that lazyboy, drinking a cold cerveza, claiming to do better than a pro. :lol

Oh by the way, pick up games don't count! :rollin

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 05:14 PM
"I want to see this type of play out of him regularly and not just sporadically."
--- posted by Useruser666

I want see? I- want- to- see?

Hmmmm! Just wondering, how some of these anti-Rasho people would do out on the court! Come to think of it, how many of these people have even played the game? :lmao :lmao

I could out rebound Rasho! Just as Sequ! :spin And I do play ball. But, no where in any of my posts did I say I could do better or play better than anyone else, especially not an NBA player.

What is wrong with wanting to see a Spurs player do better? I want to see more from him. Is that unreasonable? You act like he is the best player in the league and untouchable by criticism. I also stated that I hope he can keep this good playing streak up, but you edited that part out.

SpursWoman
01-18-2005, 05:15 PM
No one's claiming to do better, WTF?

It must be nice to have a job where you make millions, don't have to earn it, and no one can criticize you for not doing so.

You must be Yellow Shirt. :)

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 05:16 PM
No one's claiming to do better, WTF?

It must be nice to have a job where you make millions, don't have to earn it, and no one can criticize you for not doing so.

You must be Yellow Shirt. :)

:lmao

T Park
01-18-2005, 07:11 PM
He wouldve gotten more rebounds if he wouldnt have had to play the perimiter.

Ming is a perimiter player and his misses go the opposite way where he stands, so a low rebounding night is gonna happen.

Also, he only GOT 3 shots, so the scoring once again would have to be blamed on the offense.

Did you see yesterday how well he can do when GIVEN oppurtunities to score??

The dunk, nice jump shot from the free throw line. Things we saw last year.

What happened to Parker penetrating then kicking out to an open FT line jumper from Rasho??

Its still there, they dont run it for some reason.

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 09:14 PM
T Park, you are wrong on two counts.

Yao can be a perimeter player, but he is no Dirk. Here is his shot chart for the game.

http://img132.exs.cx/img132/8204/yaoshot5kn.jpg

There are other players on the Spurs who have no trouble scoring with out getting a number of plays run for them in the offense. Tha is not an excuse for someone who's job it is to get boards and get put backs. Rasho has played well two of the last three games. I hope he can keep that up. You have to be a little more realistic with your takes on his game.

T Park
01-18-2005, 09:52 PM
There are other players on the Spurs who have no trouble scoring with out getting a number of plays run for them in the offense

Brent Barry?

And looking at that shot chart,

those are not perimter shots?

Uh, ok, whatever.

Im sure Rasho can jump at him, and then Run back to get the rebound without jumping over that persons back either.

I am being realistic, and you cant get lots of rebounds off of a center who is shooting jump shots, get real.

And name me a guy who scores points on the Spurs who DOESNT get plays run for em??

Brent Barry?? some of his threes are off of 4 down, wich is either a Duncan play, or a perimter shot play.

Come on, your hatred for Rasho has you coming up with unrealistic possibilities.

SpursWoman
01-18-2005, 10:06 PM
http://img132.exs.cx/img132/8204/yaoshot5kn.jpg

Uh, ok, whatever.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Brent Barry?

Uh, ok, whatever.

Im sure Rasho can jump at him, and then Run back to get the rebound without jumping over that persons back either.

I am being realistic, and you cant get lots of rebounds off of a center who is shooting jump shots, get real.

And name me a guy who scores points on the Spurs who DOESNT get plays run for em??

Brent Barry?? some of his threes are off of 4 down, wich is either a Duncan play, or a perimter shot play.

Come on, your hatred for Rasho has you coming up with unrealistic possibilities.

Damnit T Park, I thought the picture would help you out. Boy, was I wrong! Those shots are either right at the low block or a step out from there. Do you actually believe I would go through the trouble of getting that pic just to prove myself wrong?!! All of Yao's shots were close to the basket. That pretty much shoots holes in your theory doesn't it? All Rasho has to do there is turn around to get the board.

I compliment Rasho every time he has a good game and yet you call me a hater? You're plain nuts. Just look at my posts and you'll see you are mistaken.

T Park
01-18-2005, 10:19 PM
yeah about 8 10 feet from the basket, is a jumper.

Plus, all of Ming's shots are falling away.

You cant use a shot chart and say that.

If a guy shoots a fall away jumper, wich way when Rasho jumps to contest the shot, is he gonna go?

Uh, away from the basket, right.

Useruser666
01-18-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah about 8 10 feet from the basket, is a jumper.

Plus, all of Ming's shots are falling away.

You cant use a shot chart and say that.

If a guy shoots a fall away jumper, wich way when Rasho jumps to contest the shot, is he gonna go?

Uh, away from the basket, right.

You have been PROVEN wrong!!!! Admit it!!! Jesus Christ man, give it up already. I support Rasho, I just want him to perform well. Remember that Rasho is between Yao and the basket. You SAID they were perimeter shots! They weren't, so stop going on and on already about it. Two of his misses were right on the low block. That means Rasho was standing in the three feet between hi and the back board.

None of this matters anyway. I come here with a simple criticism backed by facts. You dismiss those facts with your OPINIONS. Opinions that don't even make sense. Just admit you were wrong about the shots being outside.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2005, 11:12 PM
I see it as Rasho keeping a 310+ pounder off the blocks for most of the game. That's where most of his energy was expended. If you guys can grab all the boards you say you can defending a guy who has 60+ (non-fat) pounds and 6 inches on you, you can keep up the message board bragging.

MosesGuthrie
01-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Hmmmm! Come to think of it! I could go out there and make just as much money and be just as effective as he has been! As in, not very! (last game or 2 not withstanding)

And look better in the shorts too. :)

T Park
01-18-2005, 11:38 PM
I see it as Rasho keeping a 310+ pounder off the blocks for most of the game. That's where most of his energy was expended. If you guys can grab all the boards you say you can defending a guy who has 60+ (non-fat) pounds and 6 inches on you, you can keep up the message board bragging.

You pop sucking Radosoft loving idiot. (sarcasm)

Thats too sensible talk.

But Chump another thing,

just defense is NOT enough!!!

I mean, he HAS to score more than 3 points on 3 shots dont you know that?!?!?

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 09:10 AM

Chump, that wasn't the point to my arguement. T Park was saying that Yao only shot from the perimeter. You can see that was obviously wrong by looking at the shot chart I posted. My whole criticism on Rasho was that he put up poor numbers that game. T Park seems to think he had a good game. I don't see how you can say that with what production the team got from him. I watched the game, I looked at the numbers, it just wasn't there that day. He had a good/great game against Dallas and Washington.

What did he do so well in that game?(Houston)

1. Did he score a lot of points? No 3 points on 1/3 shooting 1/2 from the line.

2. Did he redbound well? No 5 boards when his average is 6.7 bpg

3. Did he play great defense? Yes Better than average against Yao.
Yao held to 5 points below his average of 18 ppg. Yao had 13 points
on 4/8 shooting 5/6 from the line.

4. Did he block a lot of shots? No 1 bs

So what else is there? Hustle is hard to prove in stats but I'll give it to you for the sake of the debate.

T Park, I think you fail to realise that not everybody who criticizes a player is a hater. I criticize Rasho when he plays poorly and give him credit when has a good game. I hope he can have some more good games in the near future.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2005, 12:42 PM
You can see that was obviously wrong by looking at the shot chart I posted. My whole criticism on Rasho was that he put up poor numbers that game. T Park seems to think he had a good game. I don't see how you can say that with what production the team got from him.Like I said, given his assignment for the game -- he only played when Yao did -- stats were not on the agenda. As Rasho is a role player I expect him to fulfill his role; defending Yao well straight up is pretty much an exclusive role for a guy like Rasho. Anything more would have been extraordinary for him.

angel_luv
01-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Rasho was just awesome against the Wizards. Trade, what?!?!! =)

Medvedenko
01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
The Spurs are the best team in the L. I can honestly say that...who cares about the record because no team right now will beat the Spurs in 7 games. Unless they choke or play to their opponents they could lose, but right now....no way. With that being said..Rasho is the worst starting centre in the L. He plays with Tpark, Manu, Barry and TD all unselfish players who push the ball....He's horrible, yes he's had some solid games, but please....I guarantee you put Horry in PF and let TD start at the C they would still win the same amount of games.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah, put Horry on Yao.

That'll be competitive.

ALVAREZ6
01-19-2005, 03:41 PM
When Scola comes, if he proves he can play, Scola PF, TD C.

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, put Horry on Yao.

That'll be competitive.

I think that would mean Duncan would play Yao. I rather keep the line up as is for now.

SLOVENIAN 8
01-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Rasho is the worst starting centre in the L. He plays with Tpark, Manu, Barry and TD all unselfish players who push the ball....He's horrible, yes he's had some solid games, but please....I guarantee you put Horry in PF and let TD start at the C they would still win the same amount of games.

:flipoff :lmao :lmao :lmao

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 03:51 PM
:flipoff :lmao :lmao :lmao

I agree with you Slo. I guess a team that just gave away the best center should know something though. Naahhhhh!

ChumpDumper
01-19-2005, 04:15 PM
I think that would mean Duncan would play Yao.So he could foul out before holding the ball too long in 4 down sets late? Maybe you're on to something there.

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 04:17 PM
So he could foul out before holding the ball too long in 4 down sets late? Maybe you're on to something there.

Rasho didn't have many fouls against Yao, so I doubt Duncan would. I was not an advocate of changing the line up though.

rr2418
01-19-2005, 04:19 PM

GOOD POST !!! :)

ChumpDumper
01-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Rasho didn't have many fouls against Yao, so I doubt Duncan would.It can be very different when you're working both sides of the ball. A Duncan gassed from the offense might not be able to body up Yao like Rasho did. That's why Duncan doesn't cover Yao in the first place.

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 04:25 PM
It can be very different when you're working both sides of the ball. A Duncan gassed from the offense might not be able to body up Yao like Rasho did. That's why Duncan doesn't cover Yao in the first place.

Well that may be a factor. Rasho would not be able to cover smaller quicker PFs, so it's not like it's Duncan's weakness that is necessarily dictating the defensive matchups. Duncan held Juwan Howard to some very low numbers. Then there are the sets where Rasho is out of the game and Duncan is playing center regardless. I think these circumstances are going to fluctuate a lot during the game.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2005, 04:28 PM
so it's not like it's Duncan's weakness that is necessarily dictating the defensive matchups.It's not a question of weakness.
Duncan held Juwan Howard to some very low numbers.An easier cover for him than Yao, no?
Then there are the sets where Rasho is out of the game and Duncan is playing center regardless. I think these circumstances are going to fluctuate a lot during the game.This was one case where it didn't fluctuate at all -- when Yao played, Rasho was on him. Of couse it can be different in other games, but if it's at all possible, Rasho covers the main post threat.

Medvedenko
01-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Mihm>Rasho

Slo spurs fan
01-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Mihm>Rasho

:rollin :rollin :rollin :nope

Slo spurs fan
01-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Vujacic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

ChumpDumper
01-19-2005, 04:35 PM
It'll be nice if Mihm stays healthy all year, that's the main thing that's been holding him back.

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Mihm>Rasho

Actually, you might just be right. Wanna trade?

Medvedenko
01-19-2005, 04:38 PM
He has been healthy...it's his minutes...he's only average around 26 a game.

SLOVENIAN 8
01-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Mihm>Rasho

I tell you something, if Mihm play for Spurs he would sux so much that you couldnt even imagine!!!

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 05:10 PM
I tell you something, if Mihm play for Spurs he would sux so much that you couldnt even imagine!!!

I think he would do even better. The Spurs are a better passing team and don't have Kobe so they are unselfish as well.

Dario
01-19-2005, 05:16 PM
You guys actually want tim to suffer even more or you just dont have any brain. You dont put your best offensive player and goto guy on best opponent to guard, its not necessery about foul trouble, think about his offence ffs. More work in defense = less points in offense.
And you sure tim even wants to play center, considering most of his points are jumpers looking at the basket. I guess some of you watch 2-3 games per month and like to act all smart afterwards :(

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 05:22 PM
You guys actually want tim to suffer even more or you just dont have any brain. You dont put your best offensive player and goto guy on best opponent to guard, its not necessery about foul trouble, think about his offence ffs. More work in defense = less points in offense.
And you sure tim even wants to play center, considering most of his points are jumpers looking at the basket. I guess some of you watch 2-3 games per month and like to act all smart afterwards :(

Dario, that suggestion was mostly speculative. Tim does play center at times when Rasho is not on the floor.

SlovenianGuy
01-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Did anyone else notice the difference in rebounding when rasho was on the bench?

Mutombo got 15 rebounds (6 offensive) in 20 minutes. His average this season is 4.5 RPG.

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Did anyone else notice the difference in rebounding when rasho was on the bench?

Mutombo got 15 rebounds (6 offensive) in 20 minutes. His average this season is 4.5 RPG.

I think Mutumbo played a lot more minutes than his average. How many of his minutes were when Rasho was on the floor? And who was guarding who?

SlovenianGuy
01-19-2005, 06:13 PM
I think Mutumbo played a lot more minutes than his average. How many of his minutes were when Rasho was on the floor? And who was guarding who?

His average is 13,7 MPG. So in 20 minutes he should get somewhere around 7 rebounds.

They were together in the game for only 3 minutes. And that's exactly my point.

If Yao couldn't get more than 8 (1 OFF) in 28 minutes, do you think that Mutombo would get 15 (6 OFF) in 20 minutes if Rasho was in the game?

Useruser666
01-19-2005, 06:15 PM
His average is 13,7 MPG. So in 20 minutes he should get somewhere around 7 rebounds.

They were together in the game for only 3 minutes. And that's exactly my point.

If Yao couldn't get more than 8 (1 OFF) in 28 minutes, do you think that Mutombo would get 15 (6 OFF) in 20 minutes if Rasho was in the game?

I think that stat ia an anomaly. When was the last time Mutombo even had that many boards? Who was guarding Mutombo?

SlovenianGuy
01-19-2005, 06:30 PM
That is an anomaly that happens when Horry is in the game. Wasn't this your idea to play horry instead of rasho?

I could out rebound Rasho!

Oh no it was even worse, you wanted to get some minutes on the floor.