PDA

View Full Version : Question

Jimcs50
01-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Why has SA played more games than every team in the league?

They have played 5 more games than Dallas, which is preposterous.

League Conspiracy?

Was this planned since SA is a notorious slow starter and the NBA wanted SA to play a heavy game schedule before they start to gel, giving them less games to catch the leaders?

Hmmm

CosmicCowboy
01-18-2005, 09:34 AM
actually Jim...I think the league intentionally cuts the Spurs a little slack during the rodeo road trip...only one back to back in February and thats in the East...so they front loaded the schedule a little...

Jimcs50
01-18-2005, 09:39 AM
actually Jim...I think the league intentionally cuts the Spurs a little slack during the rodeo road trip...only one back to back in February and thats in the East...so they front loaded the schedule a little...

Yes CC, but having so many back to backs early on, on a team that is a notoriously slow starting team, and one that needs time to get in shape is usually detrimental, IMO.

CosmicCowboy
01-18-2005, 09:42 AM
well...thats just the way its always gonna be so get used to it...and I don't wanna hear any shit from y'all about "the damn rodeo" either...Spurs wouldn't even be in SA now if the rodeo hadn't teamed with the Spurs to get the SBC Center done...

maxpower
01-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Or is the league doing them a service by limiting the amount of games played leading into the playoffs? Less games less opportunities to get hurt when it counts, less fatigue going into the real season.

Jimcs50
01-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Or is the league doing them a service by limiting the amount of games played leading into the playoffs? Less games less opportunities to get hurt when it counts, less fatigue going into the real season.

Max, that is one way to look at the bright side....but it matters not, because the Spurs have the best start in their history, so the NBA's evil plan is foiled.....SUCK ON THAT, STERN!!!!
:flipoff

boutons
01-18-2005, 09:59 AM
About the RRT angle, I think if you look around each teams' individual "scheduel/scores" page, you will see that several teams have their own pretty nasty road-trips that are about 5 to 7 games long, meaning that the Spurs RRT, esp this year, doesn't really give the Spurs and Spurs fans bragging/bitching rights.

When I noticed the quite large difference in total games per team a few weeks ago, I came up with this:

1. having a front-loaded schedule means you play more games earlier when the team is fresher, but perhaps not yet firing on all cylinders.

2. having a back-loaded schedule means you play more games later when the team is less fresh/more tired/injured, but perhaps with better team coordination.

So I really don't think front/back-loaded schedule makes any significant difference across all teams, although it might hit/help one or two teams this or that season.