PDA

View Full Version : Were the Spurs F***'N with us?

Whisky Dog
04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
http://www.africanamericans.com/images2/MuhammadAli_GeorgeForeman.jpg

Rope a Dope?

ducks
04-16-2008, 09:58 PM
they saved themselves for the playoffs

Phil Hellmuth
04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
always under the radar!!!!!

Cry Havoc
04-16-2008, 10:08 PM
real Spurs fans were never doubting. Concerned? Sure. Condemning this team? No way in hell.

DazedAndConfused
04-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Hate to rain on your parade but the Jazz are tanking to play the Rockets in the 1st round. Can't blame them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-16-2008, 10:13 PM
The Jazz didn't want to play us or Phoenix, they came out planning on losing tonight.

DazedAndConfused
04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm not saying the Spurs don't look sharp out there, but the Jazz just aren't playing with any sort of intensity or fire out there.

ShoogarBear
04-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Yes, it's pretty clear the Jazz know they can just flip the switch for the playoffs.

Whisky Dog
04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
It's absolutely crazy to think that the Jazz, the team with the biggest home court advantage of any team in the playoffs, would tank this game and go from having HCA to playing the 1st round without it. A Jerry Sloan coached team doesn't tank anyway, but definitely with how the Spurs have been playing of late. He pulled Williams in the 3rd because Williams had a prior injury that he wants to rest for the playoffs, but no way they wanted to lose this game and lose HCA.

ClingingMars
04-16-2008, 10:50 PM
SPAM.

- Mars

DazedAndConfused
04-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Trust me the Jazz tanked this game bigtime. How can you blame them? I would take the Rockets without HCA ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. They just got done blowing out the Rockets by 20+ the other night and Rafer Alston is out with a hamstring injury for a week. The Rockets are ripe for the picking.

Anyone with half a brain can see that.

703 Spurz
04-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Trust me the Jazz tanked this game bigtime. How can you blame them? I would take the Rockets without HCA ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. They just got done blowing out the Rockets by 20+ the other night and Rafer Alston is out with a hamstring injury for a week. The Rockets are ripe for the picking.

Of course if the Jazz were down 30 to the Lakers, or whoever the fuck you act like you root for, it's b/c your team is kicking their ass and not b/c the Jazz are tanking.

As always, major weak shit from you

DazedAndConfused
04-16-2008, 10:53 PM
The Spurs would have won this game regardless of if the Jazz were tanking or not. Happy now?

jag
04-16-2008, 11:00 PM
The Suns got their wish...they got us ASAP.

TampaDude
04-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Hate to rain on your parade but the Jazz are tanking to play the Rockets in the 1st round. Can't blame them.

Dude...you're on crack...NFW the Jazz wanted to be on the road in the first round...the Spurs bitchslapped the Jazz tonight, plain and simple...BRING ON SNAQ AND THE SUNS!!! :hungry:

TampaDude
04-16-2008, 11:14 PM

You better just worry about the Nuggets...we'll get to you guys eventually... :lol

DazedAndConfused
04-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Rather be facing the Nuggets than the Suns. They've straight owned the Spurs this year.

balli
04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
We did not tank. We got scared like little girls, played like little bitches and pretty much got our asses handed to us on a night where we intended to win the game. All our players did before this game was talk shit about how good they were feeling, how they were on the same page and what have you. I knew we were done three minutes in too. Not because we were tanking, but because we were scared. Fuck. I cannot believe we go into the playoffs with this taste in our mouths. Fuck.

DazedAndConfused
04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Dude...you're on crack...NFW the Jazz wanted to be on the road in the first round...the Spurs bitchslapped the Jazz tonight, plain and simple...BRING ON SNAQ AND THE SUNS!!! :hungry:

UTA has owned the Rockets this season and in the prior playoff series. Trust me that was the matchup they wanted in the 1st round, especially with Rafer Alston being out with injury. They would be stupid to want to take on the championship Spurs who will be in playoff form over a limping and weak Rocket team. Take it as a complement man, the Jazz wanted no part of the Spurs in the 1st round.

phyzik
04-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I hate to sound cocky and shit, but I honestly thought this 3 games ago.

1. Spurs played really good the first half against several good teams and lost.... And Pop was all smiles during that shit.

2. Pop came out with that totally fucked up lineup the other night that not even a bitter lakers fan could pick for the Spurs.... And he still was all smiles.

3. Manu played pretty good tonight for a supposed "major" groin injury.

Banzai
04-16-2008, 11:20 PM
The first round should be an exciting one! I'll be following the Spurs for sure when the Lakers aren't playing. Hopefully the Spurs/Suns match-up is entertaining (which I'm sure it will be) good luck Spurs!

Manudona
04-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Rather be facing the Nuggets than the Suns. They've straight owned the Spurs this year.

They owned the Spurs this year, but not as good as the Cavaliers owned them the previous one, good for them, I wonder if they got a ring for that. Ah, no wait, the Spurs had a broom

TampaDude
04-16-2008, 11:22 PM
We did not tank. We got scared like little girls, played like little bitches and pretty much got our asses handed to us on a night where we intended to win the game. All our players did before this game was talk shit about how good they were feeling, how they were on the same page and what have you. I knew we were done three minutes in too. Not because we were tanking, but because we were scared. Fuck. I cannot believe we go into the playoffs with this taste in our mouths. Fuck.

...and on the road, too...ouch...

TampaDude
04-16-2008, 11:23 PM

1. Spurs played really good the first half against several good teams and lost.... And Pop was all smiles during that shit.

2. Pop came out with that totally fucked up lineup the other night that not even a bitter lakers fan could pick for the Spurs.... And he still was all smiles.

CIA Pop in full effect! :toast

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Time to play!

balli
04-16-2008, 11:29 PM
...and on the road, too...ouch...

I don't even care about homecourt right now. I just thought that tonight we really were trying to win the fucking game and make a fucking statement that we weren't scared of who we faced and that we weren't going to tank in order to get a favorable matchup. To come out scared and flat and flagrant fouling like little girls was straight shameful & embarrasing. I love my team, I think we're very, very good and dangerous, but I'm so fucking sad right now I can't even describe it.

TampaDude
04-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't even care about homecourt right now. I just thought that tonight we really were trying to win the fucking game and make a fucking statement that we weren't scared of who we faced and that we weren't going to tank in order to get a favorable matchup. To come out scared and flat and flagrant fouling like little girls was straight shameful & embarrasing. I love my team, I think we're very, very good and dangerous, but I'm so fucking sad right now I can't even describe it.

Trust me, I know how you feel...the game in Utah wasn't that long ago...

ancestron
04-16-2008, 11:32 PM

you sound just like that other jackass that posts here...

lrrr
04-17-2008, 12:23 AM
yeah, I dunno if the Jazz tanked or not. You gotta figure, if you wanna win it all you have to beat the Spurs eventually. better do it with HCA than on the road in the WCF... Imagine how good the jazz would have felt going into round one beating SA twice and with HCA?

T Park
04-17-2008, 12:29 AM

Yeah, the lack of concern, and the way Pop managed, seemed like he was using the games as in game testing.

The second halves were all played the same way.

It was too similar to be just a coincidence.

Medvedenko
04-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah, the lack of concern, and the way Pop managed, seemed like he was using the games as in game testing.

The second halves were all played the same way.

It was too similar to be just a coincidence.

Yeah I forgot "CIA" Pop just told the guys in the second half of the games lately to start missing on purpose...testing them on missing shots and playing soft. What if the trend was that they were playing shitty....imagine that.

T Park
04-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah I forgot "CIA" Pop just told the guys in the second half of the games lately to start missing on purpose...testing them on missing shots and playing soft. What if the trend was that they were playing shitty....imagine that.

I forgot the day you turned into a dickhead.

TampaDude
04-17-2008, 12:47 AM
The Spurs were just shooting some shots...just beating a team they were supposed to beat...no surprises here... :lol

Medvedenko
04-17-2008, 12:47 AM
I forgot the day you turned into a dickhead.

I'm a dickhead....that's a stretch...

I'm just tired of all of the tanking bs and CIA Pop crap. Please.

Herschel Walker
04-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Nobody tanked, but the Spurs big 3 were playing about 25 to 30 min in the last several games and there was no urgency. Tonight with HCA on the line we saw urgency. Their big problem lately was sloppy play and low energy, if they bring anywhere near the energy and execution of tonight into the playoffs they will win those games. That's the question.

DazedAndConfused
04-17-2008, 12:58 AM
The Spurs looked very sharp tonight, but since when did one home win against the worst WC playoff road team erode 40+ games of shitty play? This mentality that because you have won championships you can take the regular season off is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs. I think this is precisely the reason why the Spurs have never repeated.

spursrule32
04-17-2008, 01:16 AM
The Spurs looked very sharp tonight, but since when did one home win against the worst WC playoff road team erode 40+ games of shitty play? This mentality that because you have won championships you can take the regular season off is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs. I think this is precisely the reason why the Spurs have never repeated.

No way the Spurs were taking the season off just to wake up in the playoffs -I could be wrong, but it very much looks like the Spurs were doing the best they could to compensate for injuries and new players getting used to the scheme that we run. One game doesn't justify our shortcomings this season, but being at the game I saw the Spurs running a very efficient offense. Utah was playing hard the first half and our offense was flowing so well they could not stop it. Utah's a very good team and should spank the rockettes, but they were no match tonight and that bodes well for the Spurs. They seemed to come out with something that they haven't showed yet this season (well maybe the first of the season.) It's one win, but they looked very formidable tonight.

T Park
04-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Nobody tanked, but the Spurs big 3 were playing about 25 to 30 min in the last several games and there was no urgency. Tonight with HCA on the line we saw urgency. Their big problem lately was sloppy play and low energy, if they bring anywhere near the energy and execution of tonight into the playoffs they will win those games. That's the question.

If true, i see no reason for there to be no energy and urgency in the damn playoffs. Theres no more resting or building up to. Its fucking time.

Radiosparks
04-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Let the season begin! Good luck to all, including the trolls.

honestfool84
04-17-2008, 01:48 AM
yes, they were.

spursrule32
04-17-2008, 01:57 AM
yes, they were.

yes they were what?

SAtown
04-17-2008, 02:01 AM
yes they were what?

"F***'N with us."

spursrule32
04-17-2008, 02:18 AM
"F***'N with us."

that's a novel thought, but they weren't (and yes I know we're being sarcastic.) We're we hiding gameplans for future use - yes. Were we trying to deal with unfortunate lineups - yes. We're we sandbagging - no freaking way. You can't do that and then try to turn up intesity when it counts. The great thing about the regular season is that it's truly practice for the playoffs - especially at the end of the year. Pop's used every regular season to practice playoff scenarios, but he's never tanked a game and he's never allowed his players to slack off.

SAtown
04-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Pop's used every regular season to practice playoff scenarios, but he's never tanked a game and he's never allowed his players to slack off.

Of course, but you also have to realize that most of the top-tier teams had a pretty bad stretch towards the end of the season. SA's just happened to come against the better teams in the league, and at the wrong time. This team is full of winners, so I don't doubt them at all