PDA

View Full Version : Okur is a chump

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
That was some weak shit. Only bested by the refs only calling that a flagrant one.

:pctoss

gino>yourlife
04-16-2008, 10:16 PM
seriously, that faggot should've been ejected

atxrocker
04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
definitely uncalled for.

Spurs Brazil
04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Sob

BruceBowenFan
04-16-2008, 10:28 PM
video clip?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-16-2008, 10:42 PM
The sad thing is the refs didn't have the balls to call it a flagrant two. I'm betting the league upgrades it and he sits game 1 of the playoffs.

san antonio spurs
04-16-2008, 10:44 PM
quit bitching, the guy obviously was sorry and you saw tony and timmy talking to him as he was apologizing.
Quit acting like a child

SequSpur
04-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Okur is a chump.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-16-2008, 10:46 PM
It was a hard foul but nothing serious. Fabri should've made those free throws, that's the best way to punish a foul.

ClingingMars
04-16-2008, 10:47 PM
It was a hard foul but nothing serious. Fabri should've made those free throws, that's the best way to punish a foul.

making FTs after being hit in the face is no easy task.

I hope the league takes a look and upgrades it, totally uncalled for.

- Mars

Whisky Dog
04-16-2008, 10:50 PM
No way he should be suspended for the 1st game of the playoffs, just a fine if anything.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-16-2008, 10:50 PM
making FTs after being hit in the face is no easy task.

I hope the league takes a look and upgrades it, totally uncalled for.

- Mars

Meh, Oberto got soft in the NBA. That isn't even a foul in the Argentinian League. No blood, fractured bone or knock-out, no foul :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-16-2008, 10:51 PM
quit bitching, the guy obviously was sorry and you saw tony and timmy talking to him as he was apologizing.

He wasn't sorry until Tim Duncan asked him what the hell his problem was.

Quit acting like a child

Says the poster defending Okur for hitting Oberto in the face after he took a rebound away from him.

gino>yourlife
04-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Quit acting like a child

as if that makes the action itself okay, shut the fuck up

jag
04-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Unless you have a vagina you have no business slapping a grown man.

ChuckD
04-16-2008, 11:10 PM
This is what makes me angry when people call Bowen dirty. He grabs, shoves and pokes at you and is generally a pest, but you will NEVER see Bowen take an intentional full arm swing at someone's head.

balli
04-16-2008, 11:13 PM
That was some pretty weak sauce. If were a fan of any other team I'd like to see Okur suspended. As it is my team, I hope he is not. They might cut him some playoff slack. It was a pretty intentional and unfair cheapshot though. Probably deserves a suspension. Fuck.

jag
04-16-2008, 11:14 PM
This is what makes me angry when people call Bowen dirty. He grabs, shoves and pokes at you and is generally a pest, but you will NEVER see Bowen take an intentional full arm swing at someone's head.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1071/1478998638_666dbbfcaa_o.gif

diego
04-16-2008, 11:15 PM
exactly, like raja bell did to kobe. yet neither amare nor suns fans ever go on tirades lynching raja bell. i wonder why....

Findog
04-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Textbook definition of an F2.

diego
04-16-2008, 11:17 PM
bowen was closing out, it was wally's fault for driving into his foot! that's not the same as swinging at someone

:lol

san antonio spurs
04-16-2008, 11:17 PM
He wasn't sorry until Tim Duncan asked him what the hell his problem was.

Says the poster defending Okur for hitting Oberto in the face after he took a rebound away from him.
if you see teamates of the player hit in the face talking and smiling don't you thing they realise it was a bad play out of frustration but doesn't need much addo.

You say suns fans are bitches yet you act like them.
If tony and timmy who had better sense and vue of what happened and were on the court have no problem with okur why would you call for the guy's head?

TampaDude
04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the league ups it to a Flagrant 2 and suspends Okur for Game 1...hell, that would be doing the Jazz a fucking favor, actually... :lol

san antonio spurs
04-16-2008, 11:19 PM
as if that makes the action itself okay, shut the fuck up
kid you got some comprehension problems. I said quit bitching not that it was okay :fro

SAtown
04-16-2008, 11:20 PM
This was a lot worse than Kobe's suspension last year when he hit Manu. But I don't think Okur will be suspended, as flagrants don't carry over to the playoffs iirc.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-16-2008, 11:23 PM
if you see teamates of the player hit in the face talking and smiling don't you thing they realise it was a bad play out of frustration but doesn't need much addo.

You say suns fans are bitches yet you act like them.
If tony and timmy who had better sense and vue of what happened and were on the court have no problem with okur why would you call for the guy's head?

Try reading. I didn't expect Tim and Tony to do anything about it. Our next game is game 1 vs. the Suns. They weren't going to do anything to jeopardize that, not over a piece of shit like Okur.

Still, what the lack of action by those two has to with us as fans thinking Okur is a little bitch for his cheap shot is beyond me. This is a fan site, if you don't like fans calling out a bullshit move by a chump player, go find another site to post. That or just scroll.

And Suns fans are whiny bitches, they blame their team's immaturity on the Spurs. There's a difference.

san antonio spurs
04-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Try reading. I didn't expect Tim and Tony to do anything about it. Our next game is game 1 vs. the Suns. They weren't going to do anything to jeopardize that, not over a piece of shit like Okur.

Still, what the lack of action by those two has to with us as fans thinking Okur is a little bitch for his cheap shot is beyond me. This is a fan site, if you don't like fans calling out a bullshit move by a chump player, go find another site to post. That or just scroll.

And Suns fans are whiny bitches, they blame their team's immaturity on the Spurs. There's a difference.
you my friend have suns fans whining syndrome.
Tony and timmy were talking to him and SMILING. Being a fan doesn't mean you take out rationale and and let your emotions do the talking.
And because I tell you to quit bitching I should post elsewhere? :lol
You got issues.

vander
04-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Fabs flopped like a soccer player :lol

san antonio spurs
04-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Fabs flopped like a soccer player :lol
it's true he flopped a little bit but the foul was nasty and given by a huge guy.

peacemaker885
04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Was it intentional? Yes. Did he regret it? I think so. His facial expression, and his whole body language seems to indicate that he didn't know why it happened.

Carlos Boozer was standing around and was clearly concerned at what happened and clapped his hands when Fabs stood up.

What does Karl Malone and Mehmet Okur have in common? Jerry Sloan. I think Sloan just brain washes his players to the point that hard fouls are automatic to them.

I still think the Jazz is one of the dirtiest teams right now. But I believe that its really not the players. Its their freakin coach.

balli
04-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Was it intentional? Yes. Did he regret it? I think so. His facial expression, and his whole body language seems to indicate that he didn't know why it happened.

I hate that feeling of doing something really immature/stupid and the instant you do it you know you've fucked up. That's exactly what happened to Okur. And don't put this one on Sloan. He's a hardnosed old cuss, but he isn't a little bitch. What Okur did was a bitch move.

peacemaker885
04-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I hate that feeling of doing something really immature/stupid and the instant you do it you know you've fucked up. That's exactly what happened to Okur. And don't put this one on Sloan. He's a hardnosed old cuss, but he isn't a little bitch. What Okur did was a bitch move.

All good. Hey noticed you changed your sig. Hope the Hawks do good. Give KG some game.

JamStone
04-17-2008, 12:11 AM
I don't think it was that big of a deal. Looked like a lazy frustration foul more than anything. It definitely deserved a flagrant and it's still poor sportsmanship, but Memo did appear contrite. I think Memo was frustrated and was taking a lazy and careless swing at the ball initially, but didn't really have much concern that he was probably going to nail Fabricio dead on in the face. At least in real time it appeared that way. Still very deserving of the flagrant. Don't believe he should be suspended.

DAINTX
04-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Stop bitching about Okur! Best way for the Spurs to handle it is be real quiet, but have one of our bigs (someone "disposable" for a game) "look" for him when we meet the Jazz again.

balli
04-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Hey noticed you changed your sig. Hope the Hawks do good. Give KG some game.

Yeah, I caved. Thanks for the encouragement on ATL. They're going to need it. My goal for them is to avoid a sweep. They do that and I'll be happy.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Looked to me like a frustration hack that just happened to catch Oberto in the face. Frankly I thought Oberto flopped when I saw it in real time. He got the shit knocked out of him, but I think the flagrant call was sufficient. It was not a smart play on Okur's part considering it may cost him a playoff game. Kobe's shot to Manu was about as intentional, and probably wasn't deserving of a suspension, either.

bdictjames
04-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Okur was doing fine, he was just frustrated he slapped the ball. Good for Oberto too by being the man.

Taco
04-17-2008, 07:45 AM
I don't think Okur came back in the game after that, i think they were afraid Ime was gonna go Udoka on him!!

td4mvp21
04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't think he should get suspended or fined. But it was a bitch move. I hate Okur even more now.