PDA

View Full Version : When you really look at it...

duncan2k5
01-18-2005, 10:15 AM
noone can beat us in a seven game series. the most a team will win is 2 games. :smokin

ducks
01-18-2005, 10:17 AM
right now I am not sure

spurs only played suns once
they play them on friday

and they have not beaten the sonics yet

houston I know would be lucky to win 2 games in a series

bowen would figure out mcgrady

duncan2k5
01-18-2005, 10:26 AM
right now I am not sure

spurs only played suns once
they play them on friday

and they have not beaten the sonics yet

houston I know would be lucky to win 2 games in a series

bowen would figure out mcgrady
so you honestly believe Sonics could beat us is seven games? i doubt it.

LuvBones
01-18-2005, 10:37 AM
You never know what can happen between now and the playoffs, but with the way they're playing now I can't see the Spurs losing 3-4 games to any team.

boutons
01-18-2005, 10:47 AM
"noone can beat us in a seven game series"

I "really looked at it" like that when we were sitting on 17-game season+playoff winning streak last May, were up 2-0 in 7-game series, then traumatically (for me) lost the next 4 games by playing really crappy basketball, incapable of adjusting, over 4 freaking games, to the adjustments the Lakers made after their first 2 losses. Spurs were outcoached and outplayed for 4 straight games.

Seeing the yet-another Spurs loss @HOU only a few days ago (which gave me flashbacks to May03), seeing the 8 of the 9 Spurs losses being on the road (softness), seeing the Spurs give-away 7 or 8 losses to inferiror teams shows me these Spurs are soft, soft, soft, seeing the Spurs losing games on (crunch) FTs, and just as incapable of pulling their heads out of their asses now as they were incapable last May.

Sure it's fun to look at a win vs WAS or vs PHX or other wins, or to look at the record, and feel really good about the Spurs. But the Spurs have failed nearly every test that has been thrown at them (mostly by themselves, not thrown by the other team), and some of the Spurs wins have been really, really ugly and lucky wins (second @DAL game).

The Spurs inconsistency is horrble. I'm not talking about about a little inconistency, I'm talking about looking absolutely unbeatable, eg vs PHX, then looking like pissy middle-school girls team @SAC, @HOU, @TOR, etc.

As in Jan 03, I bought $50 of fireworks on 1 Jan 05 in anticipatation of next June. But I have no confidence that I'll be able to set them off in June. These Spurs are soft and untested. The seeds of any Spurs elimination in the playoffs are visible in the "it's only one loss" in the season's games.

btw, the coach + key players from last May are exactly the same coach + key players right now.

ducks
01-18-2005, 10:55 AM
get back to me in april and may

whoever is playing hot then well win

boutons
01-18-2005, 10:59 AM
The Spurs couldn't have been hotter, undefeated and romping, last April and May, then...

CosmicCowboy
01-18-2005, 11:01 AM
get back to me in april and may

whoever is playing hot then well win

Spurs were the hottest team in the league in April and May last year...and we all know what happened...

bigzak25
01-18-2005, 11:02 AM
detroit will be tough.

they will close the interior off just like LA did last year, to keep TP out of the paint and keep TD looking for the open man on the perimeter.

Even then, TP will have to keep attacking and trying to at least draw the fouls to put the detroit bigmen in trouble and on the bench. But they are deep. Wallace Bros, and McDyess and Elden Campbell too.....

if the paint is shutoff, we'll have Manu, Barry, Devin, Bruce and even TP (in spots) to knockdown outside shots.

our Spurs need to start winning any and all close games from here on out. that's what championship teams do. when the heat is on, game on the line in the playoffs, we'll need some people to step up and hit the open jumpers...our best shooter, barry is untested in these situations. as we all know, freethrows could still bite us in the ass as well....

to put it simply, i don't expect a cakewalk. but i do expect our Spurs to come out on top.