PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Fan Here...

Hassdabballman
04-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Hey, I don’t know if some of you old timers remember me but I used to post here back when the Pistons played the Spurs in the 05 finals. It's been a while since I have posted here but since the playoffs are here I’m back. Obviously I’m cheering for my team to come out of the east. From the west I’m rooting for you guys all the way. I hope you guys beat any team that comes your way. I have a lot of respect for the spurs from top to bottom and I would love to watch a rematch of the 05 finals. I think we match up pretty good and if we did meet up again I think I would go 7 games again. With that said…good the whole way, and I hope for no injuries for the Spurs and the Pistons.

jn77
04-17-2008, 02:53 AM
I think (for the most part) Piston Fans have to be some of the classiest in the NBA. I have alot of respect for the Pistons and their fans. Best of luck to those of you in Detroit!! Hope for a Spurs/Pistons Final!!

m33p0
04-17-2008, 03:05 AM
somewhere out there, david stern just felt a queasiness inside him and promptly threw up. :lol

Hassdabballman
04-17-2008, 03:07 AM
somewhere out there, david stern just felt a queasiness inside him and promptly threw up. :lol

lol screw him, i dont care how boring of a finals it would be.

jn77
04-17-2008, 03:10 AM
lol screw him, i dont care how boring of a finals it would be.

Boring!!! the 05 final was the best battle in the last ten years!! I pray for another final to end like 05!!

travis2
04-17-2008, 07:04 AM
yeah, I remember you...and yeah, the '05 Finals was not for the faint of heart or those prone to high blood pressure.

Hassdabballman
04-17-2008, 09:25 PM
lol, i remember needing an ambulance after the Robert Horry shot.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-17-2008, 09:37 PM
lol, i remember needing an ambulance after the Robert Horry shot.

Me too, except I was smiling the whole time :toast

himat
04-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Tied going into the final quarter of the final game of the final series. How is that boring? Better than the foul shot contest in 06 and the Cavs getting owned last year.

Brutalis
04-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Tied going into the final quarter of the final game of the final series. How is that boring? Better than the foul shot contest in 06 and the Cavs getting owned last year.

Yep.

ducks
04-17-2008, 10:36 PM
this place even has a piston forum because piston fans needed one here

SAtown
04-17-2008, 10:40 PM

Nothing will ever compare to the feeling going around the AT&T a couple of hours before tipoff. The fact that Detroit were the defending Champions and kicked our asses the 3 games that they won, I was almost certain Game 7 was going to be a disaster for Spurs fans. Two evenly matched, championship caliber caliber teams with some of the best players that will ever play, battling in a game 7... WTF more did the NBA want? Anyways, it was nothing but respect between the coaches and players on the floor, and the opposing fans in the stadium. It'd be nice to say the same thing about SA's other rivals.

Hassdabballman
04-17-2008, 11:44 PM
im not saying its boring. Im saying the nba would rather see a lebron/kob match up, or a celtics/lakers match up.

SAtown
04-18-2008, 12:28 AM
im not saying its boring. Im saying the nba would rather see a lebron/kob match up, or a celtics/lakers match up.

People in this thread are just taking shots at media and other idiots that claimed the 05 Finals was a joke.

Hassdabballman
04-18-2008, 01:16 AM
thats what im saying, screw david stern and the media who say that the 05 finals were boring. It was a great series to watch as a pistons fan and as an nba fan.

Louie Vega
04-18-2008, 01:27 AM
Ah finally! An old friend! Good Luck Pistons!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Welcome back! :)

I can't believe that so many people diss the 2005 Finals - that was an epic series! The first four games were almost perfect ball played by one team or the other, game 5 was one of the great games in NBA history, game 6 was a tough fightback, and game 7 went down to the 4th quarter. What more do people want?

Also, so many players excelled in that series - Manu and Tim, Tony, Horry, Barry all had moments, as did Chauncy and Rip, Sheed and Ben Wallace - that was the best offense he ever played. Remember some of the ridiculous shots he hit in games 3 and 4?

Anyway, your average NBA fan is a loser, so fuck 'em. 05 rocked the house.

alamo50
04-18-2008, 07:57 AM
See you in June Hassdabballman.

:lobt:

Kriz-Maxima
04-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Good Luck Spurs fan, hope we see each other at the end.

TampaDude
04-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Hey, I don’t know if some of you old timers remember me but I used to post here back when the Pistons played the Spurs in the 05 finals. It's been a while since I have posted here but since the playoffs are here I’m back. Obviously I’m cheering for my team to come out of the east. From the west I’m rooting for you guys all the way. I hope you guys beat any team that comes your way. I have a lot of respect for the spurs from top to bottom and I would love to watch a rematch of the 05 finals. I think we match up pretty good and if we did meet up again I think I would go 7 games again. With that said…good the whole way, and I hope for no injuries for the Spurs and the Pistons.

The feeling is mutual, bro...Spurs and Pistons for the :lobt:.

LET'S DO IT!!! :toast

TampaDude
04-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Nothing will ever compare to the feeling going around the AT&T a couple of hours before tipoff. The fact that Detroit were the defending Champions and kicked our asses the 3 games that they won, I was almost certain Game 7 was going to be a disaster for Spurs fans. Two evenly matched, championship caliber caliber teams with some of the best players that will ever play, battling in a game 7... WTF more did the NBA want? Anyways, it was nothing but respect between the coaches and players on the floor, and the opposing fans in the stadium. It'd be nice to say the same thing about SA's other rivals.

Wow...I wish I could've been there...it was awesome enough watching it on TV, but man, the atmosphere must've been electric there at the T. :fro

TampaDude
04-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Welcome back! :)

I can't believe that so many people diss the 2005 Finals - that was an epic series! The first four games were almost perfect ball played by one team or the other, game 5 was one of the great games in NBA history, game 6 was a tough fightback, and game 7 went down to the 4th quarter. What more do people want?

Also, so many players excelled in that series - Manu and Tim, Tony, Horry, Barry all had moments, as did Chauncy and Rip, Sheed and Ben Wallace - that was the best offense he ever played. Remember some of the ridiculous shots he hit in games 3 and 4?

Anyway, your average NBA fan is a loser, so fuck 'em. 05 rocked the house.

WERD...for true fans of good basketball, 2005 was one of the best Finals of all time! Let's do it again in 2008!!! :toast

ancestron
04-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Spurs vs. Pistons is like Superman vs. Lex Luthor, Batman vs. Joker, Spiderman vs. Doc Ock, Optimus Prime vs. Megatron, GI Joe vs. Cobra, Professor X vs. Magneto, etc.
not saying the Pistons are evil or anything, just that they are the most formidable foe for the Spurs, even more so than this years Celtics imo.

It would be the ultimate showdown. To hell wih the casual fans and the media.

WildcardManu
04-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Spurs vs. Pistons is like Superman vs. Lex Luthor, Batman vs. Joker, Spiderman vs. Doc Ock, Optimus Prime vs. Megatron, GI Joe vs. Cobra, Professor X vs. Magneto, etc.
not saying the Pisotns are evil or anything, just that they are the mot formidable foe for the Spurs, even more so than this years Celtics imo.

The Celtics are just a fluke, a anomaly that will correct itself in the coming season.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-18-2008, 10:27 AM
I like the Pistons fans around here because I think they at least know what its like to have your team looked at by the national media as The Bad Guys. The stuff that Bowen does that gets so many panties in a bunch would barely register on the Lambeer-o-meter back in the 80's. And don't get me wrong, I loved the Pistons for it. They know what its like when whiners want to hate on winners.

CubanMustGo
04-18-2008, 10:29 AM
not saying the Pistons are evil or anything, just that they are the most formidable foe for the Spurs, even more so than this years Celtics imo.

More like Batman vs. Superman in DKR. You know Superman should win, but Batman always has tricks up his sleeve.

DarrinS
04-18-2008, 11:06 AM
A basketball purist would love to see a Pistons-Spurs finals.

Unfortunately, most of the country likes watching teams trade jump shots.

Good luck in the East.