PDA

View Full Version : Kornheiser

CubanSucks
04-17-2008, 04:55 PM
"last year's series was stolen from the Suns". The first topic on PTI and we are back to this bullshit. Whoever believes this can suck my cock after they're done sucking the sun's.

BonnerDynasty
04-17-2008, 04:57 PM
That's all we will hear unless the Spurs can silence the bitches once and for all.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I think you might be better off using a site like Craig's List to solicit for oral sex. Besides, would you really want Mike D'Antoni's sloppy seconds?

Even more than usual I'm psyched about the great playoff basketball to come and dreading what passes for "professional" media coverage. TNT remains my only hope.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Wow -- great take kornholer. Did you make that one up or read it somewhere?

CubanSucks
04-17-2008, 05:46 PM
And I usually liked Kornheiser.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-17-2008, 05:50 PM
That's all we will hear unless the Spurs can silence the bitches once and for all.

if the Spurs lose this series, we will never hear the end of it

CubanSucks
04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
if the Spurs lose this series, we will never hear the end of it

Very true. If the Spurs lose, than from now till the end of the NBA we will always hear of how the Suns should of really had 2 in a row cause of the "unfair" suspensions. To me, Horry tested the Suns discipline, and the Suns failed; no robbery, just Robert Horry.:rollinI know, I'm clever.

timaios
04-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Very true. If the Spurs lose, than from now till the end of the NBA we will always hear of how the Suns should of really had 2 in a row cause of the "unfair" suspensions. To me, Horry tested the Suns discipline, and the Suns failed; no robbery, just Robert Horry.:rollinI know, I'm clever.

2 different Suns teams.
No Shak last year.
You can't compare !

Obstructed_View
04-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Kornheiser's been saying that all along. He and Bob Ryan have always said that. They even like to say that the Suns were leading in the series before Horry hit Nash, which is also untrue. Whatever happens this year isn't going to change what those people say. Hell, Tony Kornheiser didn't watch the series; he admitted as much because the games were on too late. Why would he know anything about it?

Fortunately the Spurs are all about taking care of their own business while everyone else wastes time with ridiculous opinions based on incorrect information.

Shaolin-Style
04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I thought you had to have something that was yours stolen to have a victim considered robbed.

I'm pretty sure that series was the Spurs all along, rain or shine for phoenix.

Thompson
04-17-2008, 07:14 PM
If you want to talk theft Kornheiser, go back and watch game 4 in S.A., when the Suns supposedly "got over the hump." Tim Duncan was on the bench for a large part of the 4th due to 5 fouls- 3 of which were bad calls (even the announcers said after each of the 3 that they were dead wrong). During that time period, the Suns magically "get over the hump" by overcoming a somewhat sizeable Spurs lead.

They couldn't even force 7 games when they had all of their players and we were short 1 (Horry). The Spurs were blowing them out in game 6 until they took their collective foot off the gas and coasted to victory. The series ended 4-2.

There will be some excuse this season, no matter how badly the Spurs beat the Suns. D'Antoni and Amare can't fathom a world in which they are at fault.

Louie Vega
04-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Kornheiser is nothing but a bald bitch! Besides, he gets paid to stir shit up and get fans all pissy!

smahmood26
04-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Later on in the show he and Wilbon said that Oberto flopped (last night after getting smashed by Okur) and was looking for the stretcher like in soccer.

manu2020
04-17-2008, 07:45 PM
That is tooo funny

Mister Sinister
04-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Later on in the show he and Wilbon said that Oberto flopped (last night after getting smashed by Okur) and was looking for the stretcher like in soccer.
<Headdesk>

mojorizen7
04-17-2008, 08:17 PM
For whats its worth, i do believe that Stern fucked up and shouldn't have ruled on suspending Stoudemire/Diaw, but...........the SUNS had every chance to win game 5 and couldn't get it done(choked). I believe that a game 5 win would've spelled doom for the SPURS in the series but it didn't work out that way.
B.T.W., while SUNS fans(myself included) were crying over the injustice over the suspensions, the rest of the NBA world expressed a sense of "Huh? Suspended? Really? Thats not right. Too bad." .........so in reality,and understandably so, SPURS nation was generally the only circle that was like....."Hey....he(Stoudemire) shouldn't of stood up...
tough shit....period."
You guys deserved to win the series but to act as though it was won without any questionable controversy is just plain ignorant homerism.

PacerFan
04-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Jalen Rose got suspended in 98 for leaving the bench to check in while an altercation was taking place against the Bulls. Precedent was set then, and the Suns should not have been so foolish in the given situation. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
konheiser is a bitch and has picked has hated the Spurs on EVERYTHING and is happy whenever they talked about them slumping this season

O-Factor
04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
For whats its worth, i do believe that Stern fucked up and shouldn't have ruled on suspending Stoudemire/Diaw, but...........the SUNS had every chance to win game 5 and couldn't get it done(choked). .

Its not a choke when the better team won.

B.T.W., while SUNS fans(myself included) were crying over the injustice over the suspensions, the rest of the NBA world expressed a sense of "Huh? Suspended? Really? Thats not right. Too bad.".

No, no, no, no. Bullshit. The only ones crying were your little circle of suns fans.

.........so in reality,and understandably so, SPURS nation was generally the only circle that was like....."Hey....he(Stoudemire) shouldn't of stood up...
tough shit....period."
You guys deserved to win the series but to act as though it was won without any questionable controversy is just plain ignorant homerism.

Thats it. You should of ended your sentence there. So now you don't want the rules to apply to the Suns? Its a controversy that the NBA enforced rules! Come on man, THAT is classic homerism right there. When you don't want the rules to apply to your team but everyone else.

And furthermore, had Amare not gotten suspended we still would of won that series. We won 3 other times with him on the court during the series and in the regular season aswell.

hitmanyr2k
04-17-2008, 09:03 PM
For whats its worth, i do believe that Stern fucked up and shouldn't have ruled on suspending Stoudemire/Diaw, but...........the SUNS had every chance to win game 5 and couldn't get it done(choked). I believe that a game 5 win would've spelled doom for the SPURS in the series but it didn't work out that way.
B.T.W., while SUNS fans(myself included) were crying over the injustice over the suspensions, the rest of the NBA world expressed a sense of "Huh? Suspended? Really? Thats not right. Too bad." .........so in reality,and understandably so, SPURS nation was generally the only circle that was like....."Hey....he(Stoudemire) shouldn't of stood up...
tough shit....period."

Amare didn't just "stand up" though lol. He started walking towards the court taking his towel off like he was going to get into it with someone. And it's not like Diaw was some big loss lol. He wasn't doing much anyway.The guy gets suspended and after days of rest and anger he avenges the "injustice" by scoring ONE point in Game 6? :lol Barbosa folded as well. The Suns just showed no mental toughness at all. They should have taken out a sleepwalking Spurs team in Game 5 and at least had a chance to come back home for a Game 7.

stepmonkey
04-17-2008, 09:17 PM

I don't act like it was won without any questionable controversy. What I object to is Suns fans who think that the Spurs wouldn't have won the series without Stern suspending those dumbasses; which is complete horseshit.

GrandeDavid
04-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Ttttooooooooooooooooownaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Koohhhhhhhhhhhhnhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!

GaryJohnston
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Kornhole is shit. Just pure shit.

diego
04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
tough shit....period."

there was questionable controversy, but it was all about the rule, yet legions of suns fans and spurs haters pin it on the spurs.

the spurs didnt do anything out of the ordinary when horry gave a hard foul in the waning minutes of a playoff game. and in the end, the suspensions were a joke, if anything 1 game for horry and thats it. but because of that rule and the fact that the suns clearly broke it, the suns had game 6 full team vs spurs without horry, and the spurs won easy. the spurs had beaten phoenix so regularly prior to that point so how is it such a surprise or travesty for the spurs to have beat phoenix again? how is it a surprise amare was in foul trouble when he is almost always in foul trouble?

anyways i'm looking forward to a good series and hope there wont be anymore nonsense, but i'm willing to bet amare is going to be talking "dirty" to the media after game 1. as a spurs fan, i can envision shaq mauling the big 3 and getting away with only a foul called.

spurs need to win this one to pull the plug on all this BS.

SAtown
04-17-2008, 10:11 PM
SPURS nation was generally the only circle that was like....."Hey....he(Stoudemire) shouldn't of stood up...
tough shit....period."

Ok, it's obvious you weren't here during that time last year, or else you would have seen multiple threads about how Spurfan didn't want "Stat" suspended just for the fact that we didn't want the ensuing bitching to occur.

Shred
04-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Don't forget, the refs were betting on the games, too. (And I'LL bet it was on the under. :p:) 2007 WC Semis = No Integrity. See Olympic Men's Basketball, 1972. Nothing will overcome that.

Mister Sinister
04-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Don't forget, the refs were betting on the games, too. (And I'LL bet it was on the under. :p:) 2007 WC Semis = No Integrity. See Olympic Men's Basketball, 1972. Nothing will overcome that.
Moldy cheese, outdated whine, etc.

td4mvp21
04-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I'll never understand why Suns fans think their team deserved to forgo the rulebook. I didn't want the suspensions to take place, but a rule was broken and if Stern DIDN'T suspend Diaw and Amare, how would that have looked to the rest of the league? It was a damn tough choice but it was the right one unfortunately.

Anyway, Suns fans (and biased ESPN analysists) will always spew their bullshit about how the Suns were robbed in 2007. If they win in the first round, it's the Suns should have beaten the Spurs two in a row. If they lose, it's the Suns should have beaten the Spurs in 2007 (because that's all they'll have). It's not going away, but thankfully for us, biased bitter Suns fans don't determine the outcome of that, or any, series.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Nobody even talks about that anymore. 10 months later nobody is saying "The Spurs title is tainted" other than bitter jackass Suns fans. If the Suns win this year they can't get back that 2007 title so i really don't give a fuck what Kornheiser or any other Suns fans thinks about it at this point. Alot of people forget Spurs were in total control of game 4 before they let it slip away and the whole incident occured. I believe we had a 10 pt lead with about 3 min to play. Suns fans want the title than shut the fuck up beat the Spurs and go and get it. My money is on you coming up short one more time.

Trainwreck2100
04-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Please, they still credit Motta as originating "the fat lady sings" line over there

Findog
04-17-2008, 11:09 PM
"last year's series was stolen from the Suns". The first topic on PTI and we are back to this bullshit. Whoever believes this can suck my cock after they're done sucking the sun's.

Question: Why do you pay any attention at all to Baldie McComboverFuck?

Findog
04-17-2008, 11:10 PM
If the Suns were a title team, they would've won Game Six when facing elimination and having their full complement of players. End of story.

Findog
04-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Huh, that's weird, are sigs displaying for every post for anybody else?

SAtown
04-17-2008, 11:13 PM

Yessir

Findog

You are a clueless fuck. If the Suns were better than the Spurs, why couldn't they pull out G6? If you go back and watch G3, Donaghy was the most competent ref on the floor.

duncan228

Yes. Kori and LJ know, it's one of the things that will get fixed. (It's in the ST Under Construction thread.)

Findog
04-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Yes. Kori and LJ know, it's one of the things that will get fixed.

Hey, I don't mind, I'm waiting for somebody to comment on my Bob Ortegal anal sex sig.

http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/7392/t/Can-Bob-Ortegal-please-stay-on-the-TV-cast.html

HE CAN DO THAT FO LIFE!

Fillmoe
04-17-2008, 11:19 PM
the series was stolen... the only way you dont notice that is if you are a spurs fan....

duncan228
04-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey, I don't mind, I'm waiting for somebody to comment on my Bob Ortegal anal sex sig.

So the extra exposure is a good thing. :lol

GinobiliLooms
04-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Tony Kornholer makes a living being a pretentious douchebag. I have no respect for him.

Findog
04-17-2008, 11:21 PM
the series was stolen... the only way you dont notice that is if you are a spurs fan....

or if you have your head up your ass. Nobody hates the Spurs more than me. Suns lost, they deserved to lose, moving on...

Findog
04-17-2008, 11:22 PM
So the extra exposure is a good thing. :lol

I'm so mad Cuban banished him to the radio broadcasts.

td4mvp21
04-17-2008, 11:23 PM
or if you have your head up your ass. Nobody hates the Spurs more than me. Suns lost, they deserved to lose, moving on...

Finally a voice of reason that isn't a Spurs/Suns/bitterandangry Kingsfan.

Findog
04-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Steve Kerr doesn't agree with Fillmoe, because if he did he would've never traded Marion for Shaq.

Findog
04-17-2008, 11:27 PM
That rule...

There's no excuse for not being aware or having the presence of mind to remember the leave the bench rule. It's as basic as knowing that you can't travel or double dribble. If Donuts and Duhmare didn't have the poise and presence of mind to keep their asses on the bench, they damn sure weren't going to have more poise and handle the pressure of a Game 7 better than the Spurs.

Trainwreck2100
04-17-2008, 11:40 PM
That rule...

There's no excuse for not being aware or having the presence of mind to remember the leave the bench rule. It's as basic as knowing that you can't travel or double dribble. If Donuts and Duhmare didn't have the poise and presence of mind to keep their asses on the bench, they damn sure weren't going to have more poise and handle the pressure of a Game 7 better than the Spurs.

Not just Amare but the training and coaching staff

Shred
04-18-2008, 06:14 AM
You are a clueless fuck. If the Suns were better than the Spurs, why couldn't they pull out G6? If you go back and watch G3, Donaghy was the most competent ref on the floor.

My comment wasn't limited to just Donaghy. I'm pretty sure the phrase I used was "the refs." But I'm the "clueless fuck."

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Internet_tough_guy

Stay classy, San Antonio.

WildcardManu
04-18-2008, 06:28 AM

Don't forget, the Sons window to win a championship is closing. All time Sons = No respect.

See http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk156/Wildcardmanu/TrophyCase.jpg

Nothing can overcome that.

WildcardManu
04-18-2008, 06:30 AM

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk156/Wildcardmanu/10horry1600.jpg

Harry Callahan
04-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Kornholio is an F'in moron. A tool from the Washington Post who is neither informed nor remotely interesting (just watch Sunday Night Football for two minutes and you'll see that),

This is typical ABC/BSPN garbage we have been hearing for five years - ever since that crappy network got the NBA.

I drive in my car this week and listened to the ESPN radio turd (and Chicago Bulls apologist) Mike Greenberg. This is the guy who bitched and moaned like a yenta all 2007 playoffs about how the Spurs beating Phoenix was wrong and how awful the rating were for the finals. He was practially in ectasy about the prospect of a Lakers-Celtics finals this year. He talked about the wonderful resurgence in the NBA this year versus the last few years. That same crap has been spewed by other brainless BSPN talking heads.

These BSPN comments all translate to this:
- ABC/BSPN does NOT want another NBA finals with the Spurs in it. I still don't understand why fans of other teams seem to think David Stern actually would WANT the Spurs to win championships and be the best team in the league over the last decade. How does SAS championship success benefit the suits in New York from a business or marketing perspective. I have not seen a rational explanation for that mindset EVER on this board. I don't think I ever will.

- ABC does NOT want the Pistons in the finals either (unless the Lakers are the opponent).

- This banging on the drum by ABC/ESPN is a message to the NBA that "We don't want that small market team from SA in the finals again anytime soon. Make it happen so we can make some extra money this year."

- In a game seven of the conference finals, does anyone seriously think that the Lakers and Celtics won't get a little "help" on a few borderline calls. Get real. There's too much at stake with the "ABC/ESPN" partnership. Those assclowns at the Disney network cannot hide their contempt of the Spurs and their success.

Wouldn't a Spurs - Magic or Spurs - Pistons finals be great.

C'mon Spurs, piss on all of 'em.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Hey....he(Stoudemire) shouldn't of stood up...
and run past the coaches and past one of the officials almost all the way to half court. Period.

Dumbass.

DarrinS
04-18-2008, 09:22 AM
I think you might be better off using a site like Craig's List to solicit for oral sex. Besides, would you really want Mike D'Antoni's sloppy seconds?

Even more than usual I'm psyched about the great playoff basketball to come and dreading what passes for "professional" media coverage. TNT remains my only hope.

:lol

jag
04-18-2008, 10:06 AM
My comment wasn't limited to just Donaghy. I'm pretty sure the phrase I used was "the refs." But I'm the "clueless fuck."

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Internet_tough_guy

Stay classy, San Antonio.

He isn't even a spurs fan.

You fail on so many levels.