PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef 4

female sports fan
04-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Anyone else watching this season? Seems like there is a lot of drama among the contestants. Lots of lesbians in the house. Anyone have a favorite yet?

leemajors
04-17-2008, 07:44 PM
this season seems like the worst yet.

MannyIsGod
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
The pissed off asian looking dude is probably my favorite followed by the mohawk guy.

BigBeezie
04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Lots of lesbians = tons 'o drama.

easjer
04-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I like Andrew.

I am on the fence about Richard - he seems like he can cook, but he's also very cocky.

I didn't care for the lesbian couple - I didn't like how bitchy they were.

Don't like Spike or Dale. Don't care for Lisa. Stephanie and Antonia seem like they can cook. Spike seems like a jerk. Nikki seems like an idiot.

So yeah, rooting for Andrew right now, largely because he amuses me.

desflood
04-18-2008, 11:42 AM
I think in the end it's going to come down between Richard and Dale.

But I'm gonna cheer my little heart out for Andrew, even if he does seem a bit spazzy at times.

CuckingFunt
04-18-2008, 01:44 PM
I think Stephanie has the potential to go far if she can keep her nerves in check.

leemajors
04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
I was just glad that Richard's pipe, err portable smoker, broke.

pussyface
04-19-2008, 05:02 AM
...this is a great show.

my most hated are the lezzer who thinks its a tragedy that her carpet-munching girlfriend got sent home and the crazy-eyed cunty broad from new york who complains about eveything.

JoeChalupa
04-19-2008, 07:26 AM
The pissed off asian looking dude is probably my favorite followed by the mohawk guy.

I concur. Those are my picks to win.

atxrocker
04-23-2008, 09:55 PM
the only chef that i absolutely hate and cannot stand is lisa. what a fucking cunt bitch. i dislike richard and dale. not sure who i really like yet, for some reason i think antonia can cook better than she has.

katyon6th
04-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Dale and Richard are typical chefs; cocky assholes. I actually really like Spike and Andrew. Not sure if they're the best chefs, but they're definitely entertaining. I like hearing the Aussie talk about food or just talk in general, really - his accent gets me. The girls left on the show are kind of disappointing. Lisa has to go, I'm tired of looking at her.

I predict the winner to be...

Dale. Because he's got skills. And he's Filipino. Done deal.

leemajors
04-24-2008, 08:17 AM
disappointed with no bourdain blogs this season :/
Dale is my favorite so far, even though he's a jerk.

desflood
05-15-2008, 07:34 AM
It's official - Lisa has ticked me off. She's gotta go.

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2008, 08:02 AM
is this like Gordan ramseys kitchen nightmares show or the one he currently was filming in the usa hells kitchen?

leemajors
05-15-2008, 08:09 AM
It's official - Lisa has ticked me off. She's gotta go.

I can't stand spike, I was hoping he would go this week so all the people who wear retarded hats would go two weeks in a row.

easjer
05-15-2008, 09:07 AM
So what happens? My fave and my two least fave are in the bottom three. Naturally, they send home Andrew. Not either of the other two that I hate, hate, hate.

Richard is going to win it, because he's clearly a kick ass chef, if still a douche. I think Dale is very good, but Antonia nailed it last night - he only cooks Asian cuisine. That may yet hurt him. I think Stephanie or Antonia will be in the finals with Richard or Dale - probably Stephanie, if her nerves don't kill her. She seems to be more well rounded than Antonia.

RIP Andrew - you were the most entertaining one by far this season.

CuckingFunt
05-15-2008, 09:55 AM
I can't stand spike, I was hoping he would go this week so all the people who wear retarded hats would go two weeks in a row.

Spike's hats are the only thing I like about him.

Sp Ginobili 20
05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I hate Spike. Go Dale!

leemajors
05-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Spike's hats are the only thing I like about him.

I thought they should have kicked him off for his flippant attitude towards tom at judge's table. I really hope he goes next week.

CuckingFunt
05-15-2008, 10:49 AM
I thought they should have kicked him off for his flippant attitude towards tom at judge's table. I really hope he goes next week.

I thought all three of them acted like asses at judge's table last night. I thought Andrew was a promising chef, but his "sushi" looked gross, didn't live up to the goal of the challenge, and he had absolutely zero humility about the fact that he pretty blatantly violated the written rules of the challenge. Too many strikes, I think.

leemajors
05-15-2008, 10:51 AM
I thought all three of them acted like asses at judge's table last night. I thought Andrew was a promising chef, but his "sushi" looked gross, didn't live up to the goal of the challenge, and he had absolutely zero humility about the fact that he pretty blatantly violated the written rules of the challenge. Too many strikes, I think.

yeah, I think it was Antonia a couple weeks ago who said it was obvious Andrew had only been cooking for a few years.

leemajors
05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
So what happens? My fave and my two least fave are in the bottom three. Naturally, they send home Andrew. Not either of the other two that I hate, hate, hate.

Richard is going to win it, because he's clearly a kick ass chef, if still a douche. I think Dale is very good, but Antonia nailed it last night - he only cooks Asian cuisine. That may yet hurt him. I think Stephanie or Antonia will be in the finals with Richard or Dale - probably Stephanie, if her nerves don't kill her. She seems to be more well rounded than Antonia.

RIP Andrew - you were the most entertaining one by far this season.

I initially thought Richard was a big time douche, but after last week he seems like he actually has perspective and a bit of humility. He seems like a pretty nice guy overall.

CuckingFunt
05-15-2008, 10:54 AM
I initially thought Richard was a big time douche, but after last week he seems like he actually has perspective and a bit of humility. He seems like a pretty nice guy overall.

Richard seems like a decent guy, a good teammate, and a good chef. If he keeps with the corny jokes, though, I'd support a booting.

jcrod
05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Compared to the other shows, these guys suck.

It will probably be Dale, Richard and Antonia being the final three, with Dale and Richard in the final.

Richard is innovative and Dale works tirelessly. They both have won the most, all the others seem to just be getting by.

Dex
05-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Hell's Kitchen > Top Chef

easjer
05-15-2008, 11:32 AM
I think Richard probably is a nice guy - but he's arrogant and every goddamn thing he makes has to be soooo creative and amazing. It's always a play on this or that, and he tries so much to be funny and charming and it annoys.

I do think he is clearly the best chef there and his general level of conceit would not prevent me from eating (and probably really enjoying) his food.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-15-2008, 11:48 AM
I thought all three of them acted like asses at judge's table last night.

That kind of surprised me. I figured that it would play out with the two guys taking it like pros and Lisa showing still more attitude, and up until she tried to tattle on Andrew I think she was showing the most professionalism in the bunch pretty much by default.

And Dale's Asian fixation is starting to bug almost as much as the ass clown from a few seasons ago who was a cook at a Spanish restaurant and seemed incapable of doing a single dish without saffron. I can't remember the guy's name, but he looked like he was trying to be the front man for a Wheezer cover band.

angel_luv
05-15-2008, 12:01 PM
I haven't watched this season like I have seasons past- partially because I have been too occupied to watch much t.v. but also because I didn't connect with any of the contestants.

Melmart1
05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Richard seems like a decent guy, a good teammate, and a good chef. If he keeps with the corny jokes, though, I'd support a booting.

I dunno, that Seinfeld impression alone about the perplexed tofu was enough to want me to keep him around. Plus, giving Stephanie the win and prize in Wedding Wars was really cool of him.

What I hated this week was Lisa throwing Andrew under the bus for fudging the rules. Wasn't it her and Antonio a few weeks ago that were supposed to use Polish sausage in their challenge and made a seafood sausage instead? How can she take him to task for doing pretty much the same shit she did?!?

Am I wrong, or was it someone else? Cus I am pretty sure it was her.

MannyIsGod
05-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Dale is my favorite by far. I love how pumped up he gets. Richard comes in second for me, followed by Stephanie.

I fucking hate that cunt Lisa. I hate Andrew and Spike too for the most part.

desflood
05-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Andrew was always entertaining, but did anybody else notice that he actually looks a lot like some of Van Gogh's self portraits?

leemajors
05-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I think Richard probably is a nice guy - but he's arrogant and every goddamn thing he makes has to be soooo creative and amazing. It's always a play on this or that, and he tries so much to be funny and charming and it annoys.

I do think he is clearly the best chef there and his general level of conceit would not prevent me from eating (and probably really enjoying) his food.

I agree for the most part, it's just what Mel said - him giving his win to Stephanie last week gave me pause.

easjer
05-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree for the most part, it's just what Mel said - him giving his win to Stephanie last week gave me pause.

Oh yeah, that was really nice of him.

What I hated this week was Lisa throwing Andrew under the bus for fudging the rules. Wasn't it her and Antonio a few weeks ago that were supposed to use Polish sausage in their challenge and made a seafood sausage instead? How can she take him to task for doing pretty much the same shit she did?!?

Yes, that was Lisa and Antonia - but it wasn't quite the same. They were supposed to improve a dish based off the suggestions, so there was nothing against the rules of the challenge that they did. In fact, if they've done really well with different sausages instead of doing chorizzo and Chilean sea bass, they probably wouldn't have gotten dinged on it at all.

But what makes her a real bitch is that when it was Lisa on the block, she went on and on about 'technicalities' and how unfair it was they got dinged for 'improvising' which was the whole 'point and spirit' of the challenge, and how unfair it would be to send them home for a technicality.

But when it's Andrew - well, his food sucked anyway and he missed the point, but he did opt for the spirit of the challenge - she feels the need to point it out to the judges. It's just rude. Yeah, it's a competition, but being a tattle-tale bitch doesn't really get you far in life.

leemajors
05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah, that was really nice of him.

Yes, that was Lisa and Antonia - but it wasn't quite the same. They were supposed to improve a dish based off the suggestions, so there was nothing against the rules of the challenge that they did. In fact, if they've done really well with different sausages instead of doing chorizzo and Chilean sea bass, they probably wouldn't have gotten dinged on it at all.

But what makes her a real bitch is that when it was Lisa on the block, she went on and on about 'technicalities' and how unfair it was they got dinged for 'improvising' which was the whole 'point and spirit' of the challenge, and how unfair it would be to send them home for a technicality.

But when it's Andrew - well, his food sucked anyway and he missed the point, but he did opt for the spirit of the challenge - she feels the need to point it out to the judges. It's just rude. Yeah, it's a competition, but being a tattle-tale bitch doesn't really get you far in life.
my whole problem with her was she was pointing out the obvious - of course the judges knew that, she just had to insult their intelligence.

CuckingFunt
05-15-2008, 03:08 PM
And Dale's Asian fixation is starting to bug almost as much as the ass clown from a few seasons ago who was a cook at a Spanish restaurant and seemed incapable of doing a single dish without saffron. I can't remember the guy's name, but he looked like he was trying to be the front man for a Wheezer cover band.

Ilan.

And I adored him.

But, then again, I'm a horndog, so I thoroughly enjoyed the Ilan/Sam sexy-chef off.

atxrocker
05-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I fucking hate that cunt Lisa. .

what took you so long? :lol richard still get's on my nerves for some reason, if it's between him and dale in the end, i'll be rooting for dale.

CuckingFunt
05-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I dunno, that Seinfeld impression alone about the perplexed tofu was enough to want me to keep him around. Plus, giving Stephanie the win and prize in Wedding Wars was really cool of him.

It was her.

And I definitely don't like her; neither as a chef, nor as a personality. I think the problem with Andrew wasn't so much that he made a mistake, but the way he acted after being confronted with the error. In general, it's hard to be likable when you try to look smarter than the judges.

CuckingFunt
05-15-2008, 03:18 PM
It also wasn't the first time Andrew's had a problem following the rules/listening -- he had six ingredients in the quickfire challenge that limited them to five.

leemajors
05-22-2008, 07:25 AM
how are spike and lisa still on this show, jesus.

Melmart1
05-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Holy shit, I didn't see that one coming. Lisa soooo should have gone home before Dale last night. Yeah, he is a shitty leader but he did try to salvage her sticky rice and make it into something else instead of panicking over it like she would. She easily should have gone home last night. What a crock.

Now I am rooting for Richard, Stephanie and Antonia to make the finale.

But I did love how Anthony Bourdain was back, and how he was in chef coat and didn't just sit in for Tom, but he really took over for him, questioning them, giving his reactions to the camera, etc. I heart Anthony Bourdain.

spurschick
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Dale was a one trick pony - all he cooked was Asian food and he screwed that up a few times. If that's all you cook in the real world, shouldn't you be an expert at it by now? I'm not a fan of Lisa either, but I didn't see Dale holding his own in the finals if he'd made it. I think Spike is still around because he has been able to distance himself from the drama, but he's going to have to seriously step it up if he has even a prayer of winning. I wish Andrew was still around. I would've liked to see what he pulled out in the finals.

peewee's lovechild
05-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Hell's Kitchen > Top Chef

Hells yea!!

leemajors
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Dale was a one trick pony - all he cooked was Asian food and he screwed that up a few times. If that's all you cook in the real world, shouldn't you be an expert at it by now? I'm not a fan of Lisa either, but I didn't see Dale holding his own in the finals if he'd made it. I think Spike is still around because he has been able to distance himself from the drama, but he's going to have to seriously step it up if he has even a prayer of winning. I wish Andrew was still around. I would've liked to see what he pulled out in the finals.
Spike is still around because he's a chicken shit who shirks away from responsibility at every turn. Stephanie had no problems making several dishes as well as taking care of front of the house stuff. He even tried to take credit for the short ribs dale actually cooked.

Shelly
05-27-2008, 03:30 PM
I caught most of the marathon yesterday, and it amazes me that Lisa has made it this far. What's with her always standing at the judges' table with her arms crossed. I hope she doesn't make it.

MannyIsGod
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
OMG THEY KILLED DALE.

Motherfuckers. Dale was a fiesty motherfucker and had some serious competitive shit going on. I loved him.

Richard and Stephanie are about to blows these fuckers away.

DIE LISA DIE.

atxrocker
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
if they send spike home instead of lisa that's a bunchaa bullshit. and rolf @ spike shooting back at the guest judge. loved that shit.

atxrocker
05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
fuck that fucking bitch lisa. and fuck her for dyking it up in the next episode, like there hasn't been enough of that this goddamn season. i hope antonia or stephanie win it all. fuck richard too.

Pistons < Spurs
06-01-2008, 09:15 PM
for you Top Chef fans, you might want to go to the Food Network right now as the first episode of this seasons 'Who's the next Food Network Star' is on right now.....

spurschick
06-01-2008, 10:47 PM
I think the only thing keeping Lisa in the competition is her weird-ass flavor combinations that somehow end up tasting good. Dale was clearly talented, but I never saw him cook anything other than Asian food and I wished he's busted out something else.

Spurfect
06-01-2008, 11:19 PM
personally, I think Stephanie should win. she is consistently good.

leemajors
06-04-2008, 10:56 PM
fuck lisa. how does she get this far being on bottom every single time. and being an outright bitch on top of that.

atxrocker
06-04-2008, 11:02 PM
that is such fucking bullshit. as if i didn't hate her enough already that drama queen scene at the end where she cried because richard and stephanie didn't do fucking backflips when she made it was too fucking much. i hope she gets embarrassed in the finale.

CuckingFunt
06-04-2008, 11:31 PM
One of these days I'll remember that the majority of the posters here are in the Central Time Zone.

:pctoss

Kriz-Maxima
06-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Lisa is a fucking bitch. Choke!

Pistons < Spurs
06-04-2008, 11:47 PM
that is such fucking bullshit. as if i didn't hate her enough already that drama queen scene at the end where she cried because richard and stephanie didn't do fucking backflips when she made it was too fucking much. i hope she gets embarrassed in the finale.

That was ridiculous. I wanted to smash her head against the wall.

She better not end up being the overall winner.....

Spurfect
06-04-2008, 11:53 PM

she's not. no way in hell.

Kriz-Maxima
06-04-2008, 11:56 PM
She cant go one day without some drama. Always acting like a victim.

jcrod
06-05-2008, 12:06 AM
One of these days I'll remember that the majority of the posters here are in the Central Time Zone.

:lol You're in PT? Sucks.

It amazing how Lisa keeps getting by.

MannyIsGod
06-05-2008, 06:27 AM
I FUCKING HATE LISA

God I hate her. She's fucking HORRIBLE. I hope Dale comes back and just karate chops that bitch in the throat then runs off the show laughing while Richard and Stephanie do back flips and yell "Ding Dong the witch is dead".

Melmart1
06-05-2008, 08:29 AM

:lmao

CuckingFunt
06-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Having now watched the episode, I still can't stand Lisa.

But, at the same time, the idea of al dente beans is fucking retarded.

leemajors
those pigeon peas did look like deer poop.

http://www.ontariowildflower.com/images/scat_deer.jpg

Melmart1

Ugh ... I thought the same thing last night ... what if she ended up really hitting it out of the ballpark on the next challenge and won the whole thing? :vomit: It is possible ... and she will officially be the worst winner in "Top Chef" history by miles (right now Ilan holds that title, IMHO).

spurschick
06-05-2008, 08:50 AM

I couldn't believe that! What a bitch. I don't see how she can win when she keeps making mistakes.

easjer
06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Stephanie and Richard are just loads more talented. Right now, between those two, I don't care who wins. I like them both.

But I HATE Lisa. HATE HATE HATE HATE.

Whoever said she's always the victim was right on. I thought Hung got some lucky breaks last season where he should have been sent home, but I accepted that he was very talented.

Lisa has been on the bottom at all the recent challenges, right? She better not fucking win.

And her little drama queen display at the end? Fuck off and die, bitch. That immediately followed up with "I'm not here to make friends, it's not a popularity contest" made it so clear that once again she was a victim. UGH, I wanted her to be eliminated.

ericd2522
06-05-2008, 07:27 PM
OMG! I can't believe LISA, LISA of all people got through. At least that greasy freak finally groomed that nasty nest on her head. Does anyone know her address? I want to send her a rice cooker for Christmas.

MannyIsGod
06-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Wow, Lisa fucking sucks even more after that drama queen moment. Just fucking wow.

I HATE HER.

Pistons < Spurs
06-11-2008, 09:59 PM
anyone else watched it yet? or are all of you an hour or 2 behind me? I don't want to spoil it for the masses....

atxrocker
06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
yeah, i just saw it. let's just say i'm very happy with the results.

RashoFan
06-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I missed it ...someone can PM and tell me the winner.
DO NOT post who won in the thread or Funt will be pissed if she reads it here before watching the show.

CuckingFunt
06-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I missed it ...someone can PM and tell me the winner.
DO NOT post who won in the thread or Funt will be pissed if she reads it here before watching the show.

Post whatever you want. I know what I'm risking by opening this thread.

Don Quixote
06-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow ... we are getting agitated over a reality cooking show.

It's going to be a long off-season. :(

marini martini
06-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Just say if Lisa lost!

RashoFan
06-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Post whatever you want. I know what I'm risking by opening this thread.

I really never doubted your intelligence, it is rare occasion that you realize the time zones after you go into a thread.

RashoFan
06-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Just say if Lisa lost!

I would surely hope so or else I will declare that the NBA conspiracy theory has crossed over into cooking comp shows.

Spurfect
06-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm happy with the winner :)

Sp Ginobili 20
06-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Someone PM me with the winner please!

MannyIsGod
06-12-2008, 03:47 AM
Stephanie Bitches!

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Thank goodness Stephanie won it all!!!

I was worried for a minute there that Lisa was going to get it. The way they talked about her soup, and the fact that Stephanie's desert bombed had me thinking the improbable may just happen, and that bitch would win it all.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I know man, i was about to go nuts. I'm sad blais didn't win cause I think he's fucking amazing. The nitrogen was awesome and having riper learn shit from him was amazing. I hope he goes onto great things.

spurschick
06-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Based on how they were talking about Lisa's meal, I thought she was actually going to win, but based on how often she'd been the bottom three, I don't think they could've made her the winner. Fans would've cried "Donaghey!"

CuckingFunt
06-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I think Stephanie has the potential to go far if she can keep her nerves in check.

My predictions usually suck.

leemajors
06-13-2008, 09:09 AM
I was terrified Lisa would win. Richard choked hardcore.

leemajors
06-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I know man, i was about to go nuts. I'm sad blais didn't win cause I think he's fucking amazing. The nitrogen was awesome and having riper learn shit from him was amazing. I hope he goes onto great things.

I could see him getting opportunities like Sam does appearing on the show in later seasons and doing other stuff - he's very likeable and gregarious. i'm glad he talked shit about Lisa

Pistons < Spurs
06-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Just a reminder..... tonight is the reunion show.

Sp Ginobili 20
06-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm excited!

desflood
06-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I want a "I have a culinary boner" shirt :lol

Surprising that Andrew didn't win fan favorite.