PDA

View Full Version : Which will be the best first-round series?

ShoogarBear
04-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Poll coming, hold on . . .

Tippecanoe
04-17-2008, 07:50 PM
i think spurs/suns is gonna be the most intense 1st rd matchup

i also have a feeling raptors/magic is going down to the wire as well

Tippecanoe
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
so pretty much both 3v6 matchups

ShoogarBear
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Spurs-Suns is an easy call, but the more I think about it, the more I think the Hornets-Mavs series is going to be titanic. Dallas has to be the best 7 seed in history.

ShoogarBear
04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Oh, and don't count out Wiz-Cavs. This will be the third straight year they meet in the postseason, and they don't particularly like each other.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-17-2008, 07:54 PM
I'd say Mavs/Hornets.

DespЏrado
04-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Most likely to get bloody - Spurs > Suns
Most likely to have an upset - Mavs > Hornets
Most "fun" to watch because no one plays D - Lakers > Nuggets

Best rematch from last year - Spurs > Suns
Most evenly matched - Cleveland = Washington
The best dark horse contenders - Orlando > Toronto
The two best coached teams, no one will watch - Utah > Houston

And the matches with the best fishing gear:
Boston > Atlanta
Detroit > Philadelphia

SAtown
04-17-2008, 08:00 PM
In my order:

Spurs v PHX

Dallas v NO

Utah v Houston

Cleveland v Washington

Lakers v Denver

Toronto v Orlando

Detroit v Philly

Boston v Atlanta

1Parker1
04-17-2008, 08:10 PM
I think the Nuggets vs Lakers series is going to be a lot closer than people think. Lakers aren't exactly a great peremeter defensive team. JR Smith has been shooting lights out. Combined with the fact that they have 2 capable scorers to counter Kobe and Camby and Kenyon Martin can potentially be good defensively against Gasol, this is going to be a good series I think.

easjer
04-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Spurs-Suns is an easy call, but the more I think about it, the more I think the Hornets-Mavs series is going to be titanic. Dallas has to be the best 7 seed in history.

Totally agree - but the history is what made me vote for Spurs/Suns.

I'm rooting for Dallas in that series.

SouthernFried
04-17-2008, 08:17 PM
For all the talk about the Suns taking the series and the Spurs being old, boring, blah, blah, blah...

...everyone's gonna be watching 'em.

Ironic justice?

DespЏrado
04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
I think the Nuggets vs Lakers series is going to be a lot closer than people think. Lakers aren't exactly a great peremeter defensive team. JR Smith has been shooting lights out. Combined with the fact that they have 2 capable scorers to counter Kobe and Camby and Kenyon Martin can potentially be good defensively against Gasol, this is going to be a good series I think.

I agree, the nuggets are in good position to pull off an upset. And it will remain interesting as long as Denver keeps it competitive.

Kobayagi
04-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh, and don't count out Wiz-Cavs. This will be the third straight year they meet in the postseason, and they don't particularly like each other.

In my opinion this one is going to be almost as interesting as Spurs - Suns. I'd really like to see if Lebron is going to respond to Deshawn Stevenson calling him out...AGAIN!
(http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/03/deshawn_calls_out_lebron_again.html)

:lol

I pick the Wiz in 7 but not because of Deshawn. :toast

himat
04-17-2008, 08:33 PM
It's insane to think that either Shaq or TD will have to go home in the first round.

ShoogarBear
04-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Especially since they've won 8 out of the last 9 between them.

duncan228
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
It's insane to think that Shaq will have to go home in the first round.

I like that better. :)

manufor3
04-18-2008, 04:12 PM
both 3 vs. 6 but spurs vs suns

Spurminator
04-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I'd like to pick something besides the obvious Spurs series, but this series is going to be epic. Bad blood, Duncan vs. Shaq, Nash vs. Parker, Manu, Amare... can't ask for much more.

I'd love to sweep them in a very boring, one sided series, though.

Dallas vs New Orleans is also must-see TV... I think it will go 7.

ancestron
04-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Spurs vs. Suns is easily the best, but Mavs vs. Hornets is kind of a close second. I am interested in all the playoff series. Some really intriguing matchups this year. I am hoping the Hawks pull a Golden State on the Celtics, who btw didn't win as many games as the Mavs did last year, but thats a long shot I know.

Findog
04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Celtics-Hawks FTW!

Of course, because of the regular season, everybody expects this to be the most epic playoffs ever. Watch the Spurs and Suns disappoint and the winner emerges in 5 or something.

timvp
04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Best as in best basketball played, most fun to watch or most hotly contested? Depending on which definition, my answers in order are Spurs/Suns, Lakers/Denver and Hornets/Mavs.

The only series in the East that interests me is Cavs/Wiz. The Celtics and Pistons both have byes and the Magic/Raptors series is just a series to see who will lose to the Pistons in the second round. In the West, Jazz/Rockets will likely be lame. Jazz should romp.

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Suns and Spurs will be the best, no doubt about it. I think that match-up is as close as you're going to get to an ancient Roman gladiarorial fight these days.

Denver and LA will be good too. It will a fan-freak'n-tastic series if Denver manages to take out LA.

Dirk41MVP
04-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Suns and Spurs
Mavs and Hornets

the 2 best, hands down... LA/Den will be good too, but I want to watch those 2 first

ShoogarBear
04-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Y'know, I knew I should have made it "outside of Spurs/Suns".

To answer your question, timvp, I mean "most hotly contested". You can have great basketball being played and the series end in 5 or 6 games. I could easily see the Spurs/Suns go only six no matter who wins. I can't envision the Hornets/Mavs going less than seven, unless the Hornets just completely choke.

nfg3
04-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Suns vs. Spurs - this will be all out war. Very physical and the Suns out for revenge with the Spurs looking for the B2B.

Mavs vs. Hornets - Could the Hornets youth and lack of playoff experience be their downfall? I'm hoping to see the Hornets grow up in thisone.

Those two absolutely. The other ones that intrigue me are:

Wizs vs. Cavs - they're so evenly matched and I don't think there will be as much witnessing this year as last.

Jazz vs. Rockets - when will the Jazz win on the road? The have a hellva team but haven't gotten over that hump yet. Maybe this year they can but until then they are suspect.

angel_luv
04-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Had to show some love to my other boys. :D

I am looking forward to the Raps/ Magic series because it will help me destress from the Spurs/ Sun series.

With the Raps/ Magic I am guaranteed one of my faves ( Sho or Hedo) will make it to the second round. :)

Allanon
04-18-2008, 07:30 PM
With the Raps/ Magic I am guaranteed one of my faves ( Sho or Hedo) will make it to the second round. :)

I can't believe Sho has fans. :D

But I can see how as he's been tearing it up lately.

angel_luv
04-18-2008, 07:32 PM
I can't believe Sho has fans. :D

But I can see how as he's been tearing it up lately.

Sho's been a favorite of mine since he came to the Spurs.
Same with Hedo.