PDA

View Full Version : SI: Spurs/Suns Playoff Preview

duncan228
04-17-2008, 08:19 PM
The article breaks down all 8 series, I just posted the Spurs/Suns.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/wires/04/17/2030.ap.bkn.playoff.preview.capsules.2057/

No. 3 SAN ANTONIO SPURS (56-26) vs. No. 6 PHOENIX SUNS (55-27)

Season series: Suns 3-1. Phoenix won both games after acquiring Shaquille O'Neal. Tim Duncan was a combined 15-for-40 in those two games, while O'Neal averaged 15 points and 12.5 rebounds. The Suns won twice in San Antonio.

Storyline: Second straight year these teams meet in the postseason. Spurs won last year's tense Western Conference semifinal in six games, aided by suspensions to the Suns' Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw in Game 5.

Key matchup I: Duncan vs. O'Neal and Stoudemire. Stoudemire was frequently in foul trouble trying to defend Duncan, but now is free of that responsibility with O'Neal there to do it. Duncan, one of the league's top low-post defenders, probably has to take turns defending both.

Key matchup II: Manu Ginobili vs. Leandro Barbosa. Ginobili is the best sixth man in the league, and Barbosa, who won last year's award, isn't too far behind. But the Suns can afford an off night from Barbosa, the Spurs have no chance if Ginobili doesn't play well.

X-factor: Grant Hill. Sat out the season finale with a groin injury but is expected to be fine by the series opener. Considered signing with the Spurs before opting for the Suns, and now tries to show San Antonio what it missed out on.

Prediction: Spurs in 7.

Shaolin-Style
04-17-2008, 08:29 PM
the Spurs have no chance if Ginobili doesn't play well.

How underestimated are TP and TD these days

ShoogarBear
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Duncan, one of the league's taller guys.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-17-2008, 08:40 PM
:lol

SouthernFried
04-17-2008, 08:44 PM
"Suns are great, Shaq is great, Amare is now free to be greater, Duncan's gotta guard both of them, barbosa is gonna show the Spurs why they should've kept him"

"Spurs in 7"

:lmao

GrandeDavid
04-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Finally someone who makes sense! Although I say the Spurs will finish this series victorious in six.

dougp
04-17-2008, 09:55 PM
X-factor: Grant Hill. Sat out the season finale with a groin injury but is expected to be fine by the series opener. Considered signing with the Spurs before opting for the Suns, and now tries to show San Antonio what it missed out on.

Uhm, excuse me? Sorry, but Udoka is a much better pickup for us, not someone who is a big liability physically. We already have Barry and Horry to cover that for us.

honestfool84
04-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Storyline: Second straight year these teams meet in the postseason. Spurs won last year's tense Western Conference semifinal in six games, aided by suspensions to the Suns' Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw in Game 5.

it STILL bothers me every time i see something like that, about how the spurs got helped when the suns' players were suspended.

i mean, seriously!

the suns DID lose game six WITH amare..

geez.

sabar
04-17-2008, 11:09 PM
It's not like the suspensions didn't aid us. No reason to deny that it helped.

td4mvp21
04-17-2008, 11:09 PM
:lol I thought he would predict the Suns to win by the way he was writing.