PDA

View Full Version : An early finalist for this year's Darwin awards.

exstatic
01-18-2005, 01:44 PM
NORTH FORT MYERS, Florida (AP) -- A woman fell to her death while trying to do a handstand on the railing of a second-floor hotel balcony, sheriff's officials said.

Molly Jerman, 23, of Cape Coral died Sunday. While attempting a handstand, she toppled over and dropped to the hotel patio, according to the Lee County sheriff's department.

Just before she fell, she had called out to a friend, "Watch to see what I can still do," a police report said. Foul play is not believed to be involved, officials said.
dumb beech (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/18/balcony.death.ap/index.html)

SpursWoman
01-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh, damn ... it's disturbing that people can be that stupid. More oxygen for us, I guess. :fro

exstatic
01-18-2005, 02:13 PM
More oxygen for us, I guess.

...and food and water.

Jimcs50
01-18-2005, 02:14 PM
That is sad. What a waste.

bigzak25
01-18-2005, 02:22 PM
that's sad.

NameDropper
01-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I gave her a 0.0 on the landing.

CosmicCowboy
01-18-2005, 03:18 PM
I used to do shit like that all the time except it usually started with..."here...hold my beer and watch THIS!..."...:lol

travis2
01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
I used to do shit like that all the time except it usually started with..."here...hold my beer and watch THIS!..."...:lol

And that explains quite a bit...:lol

maxpower
01-18-2005, 03:40 PM
http://www.charliegoose.homestead.com/files/darwin.jpg

Shelly
01-18-2005, 03:45 PM
What a Maroon!

First 'Survivor' Winner Dodged Taxes: Prosecutors

1 hour, 25 minutes ago

Add to My Yahoo! Oddly Enough - Reuters

BOSTON (Reuters) - He survived one of the toughest tests of reality television but now Richard Hatch, the first winner of the U.S. TV series "Survivor," is facing his toughest challenge yet.

Hatch failed to report the $1 million he won on "Survivor," federal prosecutors said on Tuesday as they charged him with filing false tax returns.

The 43-year-old Hatch, whose brash strategizing propelled him to victory in 2000's "Survivor" series on CBS, is charged on two counts in a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Providence, Rhode Island.

Prosecutors said Hatch not only failed to report his $1 million winnings in federal tax returns but also left off more than $300,000 that a Boston radio station paid him to co-host a program in 2001.

Hatch, who lives in Newport, Rhode Island, could face up to 10 years in prison and a $500,000 fine if convicted on both counts, prosecutors said in a statement. He was due to be arraigned on Monday in Providence, they said.

Hatch was not immediately available for comment.

The first "Survivor" became a ratings sensation and helped spark a boom in reality-based TV shows.

Spurminator
01-18-2005, 03:49 PM
So Hatch still gets half a million and gets to spend a few months getting pounded in the ass. Seems like the perfect deal for him.

Jimcs50
01-18-2005, 03:49 PM
What a Maroon!

The color?

:)

desflood
01-18-2005, 06:23 PM
What was it Bob Goldthwait said on MadTV? "Natural selection... it's the natural thing!"

exstatic
01-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Hatch never struck me as stupid, so I was trying to figure out why he wouldn't declare the money. Maybe he's trying for an "I earned this out of the country" angle? I know that $$$ earned in Saudi are tax free. Doesn't account for the Boston Radio gig money, though. He may just be stupid.

violentkitten
01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
if only we all could be as smart as exlaxtic then we'd be able to live at home with our mother when we're in our forties

exstatic
01-18-2005, 08:59 PM
I had the wrong poster, but since you are so unimaginative in your insults, kitty, I did a simple search. The only one that calls me by that name is you, whottt. I just had the wrong conservative asshole when I called you MB. It's understandable that you feel the need to have another handle, though. You get punked so often in the Spurs forum that even your NeoCon buds have at it.

A few simple clicks, and...whottt's alias vanishes

This message is hidden because violentkitten is on your ignore list.

violentkitten
01-18-2005, 09:38 PM
what a blowhard