PDA

View Full Version : And The Suns-Spurs Winner Is …

duncan228
04-18-2008, 12:29 AM
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/114097

Bordow: And the Suns-Spurs winner is …
Scott Bordow

I can come up with several good reasons why the Suns will finally slay their dragon and beat the San Antonio Spurs in a playoff series.

1. In Shaquille O’Neal, Phoenix finally has a big man who can somewhat neutralize Tim Duncan. O’Neal’s presence also should help Amare Stoudemire stay out of foul trouble.

2. Manu Ginobili has been bothered by a groin injury. If he isn’t his usual explosive self, he won’t kill the Suns as he has in the past.

3. Grant Hill has done a terrific job on Tony Parker in the fourth quarter during the regular season, allowing Steve Nash to move to Bruce Bowen and get some rest on the defensive end.

4. San Antonio doesn’t have as many capable 3-point shooters as it has in the past. That will allow Phoenix to double-team and trap Duncan more aggressively when O’Neal is out of the game.

5. The basketball gods have to be on Phoenix’s side, given what happened in last year’s series.

So I’m picking the Suns, right?

Nope. Don’t ask me why, but I have a hunch San Antonio will rise to the occasion and give Suns’ fans another summer of heartbreak.

Spurs in seven.:smokin

honestfool84
04-18-2008, 12:38 AM
ha.
i loved that.
that last part was awesome!

BruceBowenFan
04-18-2008, 12:38 AM
talk about getting hopes high then crushing them

pawe
04-18-2008, 12:39 AM
make that six.

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2008, 12:39 AM
the fans

WildcardManu
04-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Someone send that man a basket of cheese and some wine from Pop's personal cellar.

T Park
04-18-2008, 12:43 AM
I have a good feeling about this series. Don't ask me why, but I liked what I saw out of the Spurs in that first half, and that was with a semi healthy Manu.

I just feel a playoff level Tim Duncan, a playoff level Manu Ginobili, and a playoff level Tony Parker, with guys like Finley, Thomas, Oberto, Bowen, Udoka, and Barry is just a great tandem of guys.

No question the Suns are WAY better than they were last year, but I think the Spurs have added enough to make it by.

Come on Spurs, you can take these guys!! :tu

101A
04-18-2008, 08:00 AM
No question the Suns are WAY better than they were last year, :tu

Last year's Suns had Kurt Thomas to guard Duncan, Marion to guard Parker and won, what 62 or 63 games?

Way Better?

Not sure I agree with that.

m33p0
04-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Someone send that man a basket of cheese and some wine from Pop's personal cellar.

duncan228 is a woman. check the spurs under her username. shhh... you didn't hear this from me.

phyzik
04-18-2008, 08:30 AM
duncan228 is a woman. check the spurs under her username. shhh... you didn't hear this from me.

I think he was implying to send it to the beat writer.

BlackSwordsMan
04-18-2008, 08:50 AM
tomorrow is gonna be fun

QuietDynasty
04-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Playoffs are another story, and I don't think the suns are better than last year, they got older with shaq, not to mention slower, the diesel's tank is running out of gas, don't know if he can live in a 7 game series, much less against a proven playoff team like the spurs have been the past 10 years. Spurs in 6

td4mvp21
04-18-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't think this Suns team is better than last years; however, I think they are better against the Spurs.