PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Tinsley/O'neal on the way out?

SpursFanFirst
04-18-2008, 08:30 AM
http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/47096
Will Bird trade O'Neal, Tinsley?
Posted: Thursday April 17, 2008 07:17AM ET

Larry Bird must get rid of Jamaal Tinsley. Trade, buyout, set him adrift on an Arctic ice floe. Whatever. He must trade Jermaine O'Neal. If those two players are still here when we meet again in October, the Pacers will have made no progress toward rebuilding this team, and the leash on Bird will become dramatically shorter. How about sending O'Neal to the Knicks for Stephon Marbury. Yes, Marbury is a waste, but he has only one year left on his deal. If the Pacers are willing to bite the bullet for one season, more than $20 million will come off the books in 2009-10.

SpursFanFirst
04-18-2008, 08:31 AM
See ya!
What a waste of space and money.

On another Pacer-related note...good move by the Simons to have Herb Simon replace Walsh instead of Bird. Now hopefully, things will be done the right way.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Scary that there was some debate during the draft between Parker and Tinsley.

Indazone
04-18-2008, 10:44 AM
no way would the Pacers take a cancer like Marbury. I'd rather take my chances with the draft and maybe getting a guard like Augustine. O'Neil I trade for another big man but first to raise his trade value, I let him play for 3 months next year with the Pacers to show the league what he's worth. Then I trade him out for someone like Elton Brand. Yeah I would give up extra players for Brand in a heartbeat.

SpursFanFirst
04-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I think that, once they get rid of O'Neal and Tinsley, they have a nice group to work with.
I like several of the other players...Foster, Granger, Dunleavey, Diener. I don't know much about Murray, but I'm hearing good things.
Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It sure would be nice!

By the way, am I the only one having problems with this thread loading?
The info under our avatars is blending with the next person's post. I'll let Kori know, but I was curious to know if it was just me.

Edit: I just reloaded the page, and it looks OK now.

JamStone
04-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I think Tinsley is actually a very solid point guard. Does have attitude problems but I think they're overblown. His problems have really been conditioning and staying injury free. When he's healthy and focused, he could be a really good point guard in this league.

Indazone
04-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Tinsley is alright...just gotta get him away from guns and strip clubs.

SpursFanFirst
04-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Tinsley is alright...just gotta get him away from guns and strip clubs.

Yes...that's my problem with him and a few other players on this team - all the problems that they've caused off the court.
I'm sure for most people, it's not that big of a deal, but for this city, they've been a major embarrassment. You add that to the crappy seasons they've had since Miller left, and it's time for a clean start - That includes getting rid of Tinsley and O'Neal...I'd add Bird to that, but the Simons have already taken care of him.

xbocker
04-19-2008, 07:29 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the bulls acquire jermaine

Obstructed_View
04-19-2008, 11:05 AM
When he's healthy and focused...
And when you find the solution for that, put it in a bottle. There are hundreds of professional athletes and aspiring professional athletes that could use it.

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 01:21 PM
no way would the Pacers take a cancer like Marbury. I'd rather take my chances with the draft and maybe getting a guard like Augustine. O'Neil I trade for another big man but first to raise his trade value, I let him play for 3 months next year with the Pacers to show the league what he's worth. Then I trade him out for someone like Elton Brand. Yeah I would give up extra players for Brand in a heartbeat.

21 million dollar expiring contract is a gold mine in the NBA. The Knicks will get a lot of takers for Marbury.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-20-2008, 10:13 AM
If Mark cuban has any brains he would trade Josh Howard and filler for JO. At least Josh can be reunited with the man in my avatar...