PDA

View Full Version : Who was tougher? McNair or Favre?

stretch
04-18-2008, 11:07 AM
I'd say McNair. The dude would go for an entire week without being able to practice, much less walk, and then come out, start, and make plays left and right. and despite having already been beat to shit, he still was not afraid to make a play by tucking that ball and running. Favre was tough, but didn't deal with the injuries in the way that McNair did. Too bad McNair didn't finish with a ring... its a shame...

midgetonadonkey
04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I also agree that McNair is tougher. Farve played half of his career on pain killers so he obviously isn't that tough.

JMarkJohns
04-18-2008, 11:28 AM
McNair by default, because he was far more fragile than was Favre, and was therefore playing in constant pain, many times in several places all over his body.

Favre was tough, but I think he was far more mentally tough throughout his career than physically. Favre had the good fortune of rarely being injured. Maybe a little banged up, but seldom did he have an injury that required surgery or rehab that he played through. I can remember a thumb a few years back, but, as far as recently, that may be it.

Favre was ironman, practically indestructible. McNair had an iron will, and played through all kinds of destruction.

florige
04-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Thats a tough one right there. I have to go with Favre. I mean how many games has Favre actually ever missed. Way less than McNair. Both are warriors no doubt, AND are not by any means afraid to stand in that pocket and take a hit. But I always remember that play when Farve got hammered and was coughing up blood and still played. Thats freakin tough as it gets right there!

Here is his speech by the way....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AY5wabmPQE

Don Quixote
04-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I hear that the Titans used to keep McNair in a hole in the ground. Fed him nothing but mice.

DBryant88
04-18-2008, 11:51 AM
McNair was tough but farve never missed a game and played through a loit of issues, like when his dad died and when he was on painkillers. and dont forget that he also had that surgey in college when he got in that accident

stretch
04-18-2008, 11:57 AM
when he was on painkillers.

that would actually help you play, not make it tougher.

peewee's lovechild
04-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Farve was tougher.

He never missed a game.