PDA

View Full Version : Shaq

coachmac87
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
is a big difference maker in playoffs. period. the man is still big as fuck and plays like it. SHAQ has got the best of tim in the playoffs. and people dont realize about SHAQ swagger on the court and the respect he gets in the league. you best believe people are scared of going to the whole hard with him in there...trust me i have seen it aka tony parker when SHAQ was with LA...and thats the key to the series...suns have to stop spur penetration...suns were honestly jacked mentally after last year playoffs..and it was showing at times in the season so they made the trade to get diesel........teams kno they gotta go through the spurs so they prepare for em...with shaq and boston and la....moves that counter spurs........so dont be surprised if you see the suns in the finals....all because of SHAQ...may not have it on the offensive end...but he is SHAQ he did it with miami and LA wouldnt have won the title without him...people say he had kobe..but that kobe isnt the kobe now and SHAQ won the mvp look at the numbers if you have too...SHAQ is dominant....

but all said spurs in 5

spurs aint fuckin around people:lobt:

ancestron
04-18-2008, 11:35 AM
fuq shaq

degenerate_gambler
04-18-2008, 11:37 AM
thankyou Mr. Walking Dichotomy

ancestron
04-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I would also like to add that the Heat with Shaq got swept out of the playoffs last year by the Bulls.

coachmac87
04-18-2008, 11:40 AM
thankyou Mr. Walking Dichotomy

its my pleasure :toast

coachmac87
04-18-2008, 11:41 AM
I would also like to add that the Heat with Shaq got swept out of the playoffs last year by the Bulls.

ya but that team was not healthy.

hater
04-18-2008, 11:41 AM
wont ever get a ring again

ancestron
04-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Was Shaq or Dwyane Wade hurt? I dont remember.

coachmac87
04-18-2008, 11:45 AM
i didnt make a thread about wade

coachmac87
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
wont ever get a ring again

true...very true..but all im sayin is that he has a swagger about him that makes his teams better.

ancestron
04-18-2008, 11:48 AM
No. You made yet another Shaq thread.

I am just trying to learn why, if Shaq is so dominant, did the Heat get swept out of the playoffs last year. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm simply asking a question.

FromWayDowntown
04-18-2008, 11:52 AM
It would be ridiculous to think that Shaq doesn't make a difference, or to think that the difference isn't every bit as significant from a mental standpoint as it is from a physical standpoint.

The question, however, is whether Shaq will make enough of a difference to save the Suns from doubling Duncan. I suspect that he can, but only if he stays out of foul trouble -- and he's been in foul trouble in both games against SA since the trade. He can, but only if he can actually slow down Duncan -- he has of late, but not always in the past).

Frankly, if D'Antoni wants to play Shaq against Duncan 1-on-1, I expect two strong counters by Pop: (1) run Duncan at every opportunity to run Shaq and hope to get some good looks in transition or to force a switch with Amare forced to defend Tim; and (2) when in the half-court, play a lot (a LOT) of 2-man games with Parker and Duncan or Ginobili and Duncan and force Shaq to defend in screen/roll or pick-and-pop situations.

I'm also going to be interested to see how the absence of Marion truly affects the way in which the Suns will deal with Parker. I don't expect to see a lot of Nash on Parker scenarios; I would expect to see a lot more of Grant Hill on Parker or Raja Bell on Parker in half-court situations. And if the Spurs do run a lot of 2-man games involving Parker and Duncan, I'll be interested to see how the Suns defend Parker in those situations -- I can't imagine they'll be switching a lot, but if they go under the screen, Parker's improving jumper can be deadly; if they go over the screen, getting around both Duncan and Shaq could prove to be a daunting task.

Indazone
04-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Dwade was hurt and the Heat sucked because they traded away all their key pieces or lost them to free agency. Not having Antoine Walker and Jason Kapono didn't help them at all.

101A
04-18-2008, 12:18 PM
is a big difference maker in playoffs. period. the man is still big as fuck and plays like it. SHAQ has got the best of tim in the playoffs. and people dont realize about SHAQ swagger on the court and the respect he gets in the league. you best believe people are scared of going to the whole hard with him in there...trust me i have seen it aka tony parker when SHAQ was with LA...and thats the key to the series...suns have to stop spur penetration...suns were honestly jacked mentally after last year playoffs..and it was showing at times in the season so they made the trade to get diesel........teams kno they gotta go through the spurs so they prepare for em...with shaq and boston and la....moves that counter spurs........so dont be surprised if you see the suns in the finals....all because of SHAQ...may not have it on the offensive end...but he is SHAQ he did it with miami and LA wouldnt have won the title without him...people say he had kobe..but that kobe isnt the kobe now and SHAQ won the mvp look at the numbers if you have too...SHAQ is dominant....

but all said spurs in 5

spurs aint fuckin around people:lobt:

Tim puts up great numbers historically in the playoffs against Shaq.

FromWayDowntown
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Tim puts up great numbers historically in the playoffs against Shaq.

Tim puts up great numbers historically in the playoffs against Shaq's teams.

spursfan09
04-18-2008, 01:12 PM
I guarantee Tony and Manu aren't intimidated by Shaq.

ancestron
04-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I guarantee Tony and Manu aren't intimidated by anything

fixed it for ya

Budkin
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Shaq is not what he once was - period.

jag
04-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Shaq's presence alone down in the post makes a huge difference in the half-court game. He changes a lot of shots...and really clogs up the lane for Tony's penetration.

Sure... Shaq may not be what he was, but the Sun's aren't asking as much as other teams in the past have. All he has to do is park his huge ass in the lane, change a few shots on D, grab a few rebounds and put up 10 on offense and mission accomplished.

If the Spurs play like they did against the Jazz...Spurs in 7

boutons_
04-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Suns hired Shaq as the anti-Duncan.

We will see.

It required Malone front line + Shaq second line in 04 to neutralize Tim. No Malone this time.