PDA

View Full Version : Come on Spurs, Officially Slam the Window SHUT!

Whisky Dog
04-18-2008, 11:55 AM
That creaking sound you hear is the Phoenix Suns' window of title contention inching ever so close to being closed. This is their last chance, they have one last shot with this team before Shaq is completely useless and the Suns are mediocre. The San Antonio Spurs have abused this franchise for the last 10 years, all starting with Tim Duncan's inaugural annhiliation of the Suns in 1998. Since then it has been Spurs 4, Suns ZERO.

2003 - Domination. 2005 - Domination. 2007 - Domination.

Now it stands as the final charge of the Suns. The last stand. And it's completely fitting that the team that gets to end it all and SLAM the window shut on that pack of pretenders is the one team who has dominated them like no other.

Let's go Spurs, complete the decade long domination.

:flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::flag:

T Park
04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
in 99, it was the great western forum
in 03 it was the Laker Dynasty
in 05 they shut down the piston's burgeoning dynasty
in 07 it was the youngins teaching lesson

in 08

Time to close the window on the competitive Suns :smokin

BillsCarnage
04-18-2008, 12:06 PM
The San Antonio Spurs have abused this franchise for the last 10 years, all starting with Tim Duncan's inaugural annhiliation of the Suns in 1998. Since then it has been Spurs 4, Suns ZERO.

2003 - Domination. 2005 - Domination. 2007 - Domination.

Just remember that for the spurs to win a title they have to go through the Suns. The one common team they've played in the last 3 title runs?? That's right, the Suns. And, in odd #'d years.

In 05/07 the Suns had HCA. I really think all the pressure is on the Spurs this time. Trying to repeat, HCA, odd #'d year, etc. If the Spurs want a shot at another title they have to go through the Suns.
:p:

T Park
04-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Just remember that for the spurs to win a title they have to go through the Suns. The one common team they've played in the last 3 title runs?? That's right, the Suns. And, in odd #'d years.

In 05/07 the Suns had HCA. I really think all the pressure is on the Spurs this time. Trying to repeat, HCA, odd #'d year, etc. If the Spurs want a shot at another title they have to go through the Suns.

The Spurs are the underdogs, and Shaq is on his last legs.

Spurs big 3 is in their prime and have a great crop of young bigs and some draft picks coming in this offseason with the MLE.

They will be back here next year no problem and with a higher seed.

Can the Suns say the same?

101A
04-18-2008, 12:15 PM

AND on Wednesday night; when the Spurs had the option of playing Phoenix OR NOT, they chose, in unequivocal language, in a 72% first half barrage, that they WANTED to play the Suns. They wanted Nash, they wanted Amare, and, yes, they WANT Shaq! The Spurs, in fact, had a choice, and they have CHOSEN to play the Phoenix Suns. If I were a Sun's fan, I would be nervous about that.

They aren't going "through" the Suns; they are gonna roll right over them.

Whisky Dog
04-18-2008, 12:15 PM

Suns and Nuggets... What champions eat for breakfast.

Actually, I think the pressure rests more on the Suns. They realize they've mortgaged their near future for one last, and they hope best, shot this year. For the Spurs it's an even year so they aren't expected to win it all again until next year.

BonnerDynasty
04-18-2008, 12:24 PM
AND on Wednesday night; when the Spurs had the option of playing Phoenix OR NOT, they chose, in unequivocal language, in a 72% first half barrage, that they WANTED to play the Suns. They wanted Nash, they wanted Amare, and, yes, they WANT Shaq! The Spurs, in fact, had a choice, and they have CHOSEN to play the Phoenix Suns. If I were a Sun's fan, I would be nervous about that.

As soon as I heard that Manu was coming back, it was obvious the Spurs had chosen their fate and WANTED the Suns. Good post.

Whisky Dog
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Window Officially Shut by the Champions.

1st mission accomplished.

RIP Phoenix Suns