PDA

View Full Version : From a Suns Fan to the Spurs Fans

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
After quite a bit of time spent debating with myself, I decided to join the Spurs Forum. Now why would a Suns fan do that? Well, a few reasons:

1. I feel like there should be some sort of olive branch between the fans. Now, don't get me wrong, half of the fun of sports is smack talking and having a rowdy good time with the opposing teams fans! However, after seeing the way the Spurs fans (and Lakers fans, Mavs fans, etc, etc.) who were either flamed, banned or otherwise punished for perfectly acceptable behavior, I feel like a Suns fan who knows that the smack talk is all in good fun should apologize. So, Spurs fans, I'm sorry if you were ever treated rudely on a Suns forum or by a Suns troll trying to raise hell here.

2. Oddly enough, you guys seem like more fun than the Suns fans! I can honestly say I've never really felt that welcome on any Suns forum I've been on. And, after attending some games and being around less than polite Suns fans, I can say that there are fans from other teams that are nicer than our own!

3. I love Manu Ginobili. What can I say? He's a nice guy, a great player and easy on a girl's eyes! Even a diehard Suns fan is allowed to like a Spurs player, right? :lol

So, with all due respect, I hope you guys don't mind having another Suns fan on your boards. I won't troll, I won't be an idiotic jerk and I'll engage in the occasional all-in-good-fun smack talk that everyone enjoys! :tongue

Lastly, best of luck in the playoffs! I, naturally, want the Suns to win; but, hey, if they don't... I won't mind saying that the better team won. :)

Have a great day! :D

SAtown
04-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Welcome. Good post

QuietDynasty
Welcome aboard.

BonnerDynasty
All fans are welcome. This isn't a lame Nazi Suns board.

PHXSpursFan
I hate your team, but you seem like a good guy. Welcome aboard, and for some reason I think you'll be rooting for the Spurs in a couple of weeks.
:flag:

spursfan09
04-18-2008, 12:24 PM
After quite a bit of time spent debating with myself, I decided to join the Spurs Forum. Now why would a Suns fan do that? Well, a few reasons:

1. I feel like there should be some sort of olive branch between the fans. Now, don't get me wrong, half of the fun of sports is smack talking and having a rowdy good time with the opposing teams fans! However, after seeing the way the Spurs fans (and Lakers fans, Mavs fans, etc, etc.) who were either flamed, banned or otherwise punished for perfectly acceptable behavior, I feel like a Suns fan who knows that the smack talk is all in good fun should apologize. So, Spurs fans, I'm sorry if you were ever treated rudely on a Suns forum or by a Suns troll trying to raise hell here.

2. Oddly enough, you guys seem like more fun than the Suns fans! I can honestly say I've never really felt that welcome on any Suns forum I've been on. And, after attending some games and being around less than polite Suns fans, I can say that there are fans from other teams that are nicer than our own!

3. I love Manu Ginobili. What can I say? He's a nice guy, a great player and easy on a girl's eyes! Even a diehard Suns fan is allowed to like a Spurs player, right? :lol

So, with all due respect, I hope you guys don't mind having another Suns fan on your boards. I won't troll, I won't be an idiotic jerk and I'll engage in the occasional all-in-good-fun smack talk that everyone enjoys! :tongue

Lastly, best of luck in the playoffs! I, naturally, want the Suns to win; but, hey, if they don't... I won't mind saying that the better team won. :)

wow a suns fans openly admitting that she likes ginobili. :lol

Thats cool. He's a great looking guy indeed

Welcome!

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 12:25 PM
I hate your team, but you seem like a good guy. Welcome aboard, and for some reason I think you'll be rooting for the Spurs in a couple of weeks.

For the sake of the part of the post about Manu, I hope the OP is a girl.

Don Quixote
04-18-2008, 12:25 PM

Wouldn't go that far! And would we want such a traitor rooting for the silver & Black anyway?

But yes, it is refreshing to see a non-Suns "Truther."

PHXSpursFan
04-18-2008, 12:26 PM

I should probably quit skimming posts. :wow

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Might be time for a gender icon under someone's name.

Mark in Austin
04-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Welcome.

You'll find most Spurs fans are actually big fans of a Suns player too - Sean Marks has a pretty respectable following on this board...

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Sean Marks!

Dex
04-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Welcome.

You're definitely not the first Suns fan on the board. But you certainly seem to be the nicest.

Maybe that's just because all the others are always smartassin' it around here. :lol

Either way, this is definitely the place to be. Looking forward to another great Spurs / Suns series!

QuietDynasty
04-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Welcome.

You'll find most Spurs fans are actually big fans of a Suns player too - a lot of us have a soft spot for Sean Marks.

:lol

SpursWoman

Not that there'd be anything wrong if the OP were a guy, of course. :nerd

Dex

I think your he's a she, man!

Hemotivo
04-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Welcome.

You'll find most Spurs fans are actually big fans of a Suns player too - Sean Marks has a pretty respectable following on this board...

!

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Holy cow, you guys respond fast! I can't thank you guys enough for the warm welcome! :) You all have a terrible and very undeserved reputation! I don't think anyone has ever been this polite on a Suns board!

And, lol! No worries! I'm a girl! x)

I'll be the first to admit that if the Suns loose to the Spurs in round one, I'll root for you guys. You can take out those Mavs and Lakers for me!

After seeing Sean Marks play the other night, I've got to tell you all, the man doesn't get the time he deserves! What a talented player! You guys must miss him like we miss Kurt Thomas :'(

Dex
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
You guys must miss him like we miss Kurt Thomas :'(

Probably not quite as much. Sean was a great guy in the locker-room, but could never seem to crack the rotation. Great shooter for a big man though, and the guy is hilarious.

You guys will really be missing Kurt Thomas in this first round. :eyebrows

But at least he'll still be in the building. :smokin

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
It makes it easier to make sweeping generalizations about Suns fans when there aren't two or three of them here to make me have to say "most of" instead of "every single one of" in my posts.

And I'd rather have Kurt than Kiwi, particulary considering the matchup. Kiwi might as well be on the Spurs' bench for all the PT he's going to see in this series.

samikeyp
04-18-2008, 12:42 PM

:toast

ThomasGranger
04-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Holy cow, you guys respond fast! (

This board has LOTS of traffic. It rarely takes long to generates responses around here (pretty much at all hours, too).

P.S. Welcome aboard.

PHXSpursFan
04-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Holy cow, you guys respond fast! I can't thank you guys enough for the warm welcome! :) You all have a terrible and very undeserved reputation! I don't think anyone has ever been this polite on a Suns board!

And, lol! No worries! I'm a girl! x)

I'll be the first to admit that if the Suns loose to the Spurs in round one, I'll root for you guys. You can take out those Mavs and Lakers for me!

After seeing Sean Marks play the other night, I've got to tell you all, the man doesn't get the time he deserves! What a talented player! You guys must miss him like we miss Kurt Thomas :'(

Then my prophecy is correct. You'll be rooting for us after 5 games. :p:

MaNuMaNiAc
04-18-2008, 12:47 PM
It makes it easier to make sweeping generalizations about Suns fans when there aren't two or three of them here to make me have to say "most of" instead of "every single one of" in my posts.

And I'd rather have Kurt than Kiwi, particulary considering the matchup. Kiwi might as well be on the Spurs' bench for all the PT he's going to see in this series.

rAm
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM
somehow I feel like the OP is a spurs fan trying to make us feel better

Cry Havoc
04-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Welcome. Hope you enjoy Spurstalk. We certainly do, even with all the trolls and stuff. This forum tends to conduct itself pretty decently.

jag
04-18-2008, 12:51 PM

I call this a work...

pics or didn't happen.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Welcome sasysmith! :tu I think you'll find that this board has a bit of everything really. Knowledgeable posters, polite and intelligent, and dumb as a doorknob trolls from varios teams including the Spurs. I would venture to say that all this board requires is thicker skin than usual and lots, LOTS of time to waste :eyebrows

anyway, by the looks of your first post I gather we may have found Angel's Phoenix' counterpart :lol

Dario
04-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Welcome :)

duncan228
04-18-2008, 12:55 PM

:lmao Does my spur count?

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Am I really so rare a find that people don't believe I'm actually a Suns fan? x) Wow, that speaks volumes for the quality of Suns fans...

Well I can't offer a picture of myself (I mean, I could, but I'm not that photogenic) but I am a member of PlanetOrange and have been for awhile now. Though I don't post often; like my OP said, most Suns fans can be jerks to their fellow fans too. Here's the link to my profile if you really want to look:
http://suns.planetorange.net/kickapps/service/displayKickPlace.kickAction?u=1813874&as=9952

And, hmm, well... I hate Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry! :P I can't deny that they're good players, but I still can't stand them! :cuss

And what else? I do think the calls from last years playoffs were ridiculous and very one-sided! But, in the end, we lost when we had our team back at full strength. So you can't always cry 'wolf' when a bad call is made. It happens to every team anyway.

As for KT: he has to take on Shaq and Amare! :nope Shaq just clogging up the lane makes it easier for Amare to make some keys block and show his old teammate how it's done! I'd love to see some more D from Amare though. Foul trouble makes him a little on the skiddish side, I think.

Sorry for my slow responses, btw, I'm at work and trying to look busy... :reading

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 01:23 PM
:lmao Does my spur count?

You were specifically who I was thinking of. You shouldn't have to put something girly in your username in order for people to stop referring to you as "dude".

Which I've probably done, myself.

twincam
04-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Yes, welcome aboard. I guess the reason you don't feel too comfortable with the Suns forums is because majority of them are actually "kids" who don't understand the game of basketball. I think they only care for the "hype" that is expressed throughout. It's very common for the trash talking with all teams, but people need to know when to draw the line and not get all ridiculous by taking things out of text. Just my two cents. Again, welcome aboard.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-18-2008, 01:27 PM
You were specifically who I was thinking of. You shouldn't have to put something girly in your username in order for people to stop referring to you as "dude".

Which I've probably done, myself.

Hey Obstructed... you're a dude... right? :oops

Budkin
04-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Welcome to SpursTalk! You'll find all sorts of characters here, and we always appreciate non troll fans from other teams, especially rivals.

Strike
04-18-2008, 01:30 PM

Admitting to it? Don't they throw you out of Arizona for that?

CubanMustGo
04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Am I really so rare a find that people don't believe I'm actually a Suns fan? x) Wow, that speaks volumes for the quality of Suns fans...

Well I can't offer a picture of myself (I mean, I could, but I'm not that photogenic) but I am a member of PlanetOrange and have been for awhile now. Though I don't post often; like my OP said, most Suns fans can be jerks to their fellow fans too. Here's the link to my profile if you really want to look:
http://suns.planetorange.net/kickapps/service/displayKickPlace.kickAction?u=1813874&as=9952

And, hmm, well... I hate Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry! :P I can't deny that they're good players, but I still can't stand them! :cuss

And what else? I do think the calls from last years playoffs were ridiculous and very one-sided! But, in the end, we lost when we had our team back at full strength. So you can't always cry 'wolf' when a bad call is made. It happens to every team anyway.

As for KT: he has to take on Shaq and Amare! :nope Shaq just clogging up the lane makes it easier for Amare to make some keys block and show his old teammate how it's done! I'd love to see some more D from Amare though. Foul trouble makes him a little on the skiddish side, I think.

Sorry for my slow responses, btw, I'm at work and trying to look busy... :reading

The part of your quote in bold is why some have a problem believing you're a Suns fan. Most (not all) of your compatriots who post here refuse to admit that even as a possibility. They call the Spurs the "Sterns" (even though the NBA has utterly no interest in seeing SA in the finals due to poor ratings), refuse to admit the Suns ever are complicit in the factors that caused them to lose the series, etc ..

Now we have at least three respectable Suns posters: you, Xylus, JMarkJohns (and apologies to others I may have missed). Welcome!

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Hey Obstructed... you're a dude... right? :oops

:lol Yeah, what I meant was that I've probably referred to Duncan228 as a dude at some point.

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Admitting to it? Don't they throw you out of Arizona for that?

My mother threatened to disown me. Does that count? :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
04-18-2008, 01:38 PM
:lol Yeah, what I meant was that I've probably referred to Duncan228 as a dude at some point.

aaah gotcha! :lol

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 01:41 PM
"The part of your quote in bold is why some have a problem believing you're a Suns fan. Most (not all) of your compatriots who post here refuse to admit that even as a possibility. They call the Spurs the "Sterns" (even though the NBA has utterly no interest in seeing SA in the finals due to poor ratings), refuse to admit the Suns ever are complicit in the factors that caused them to lose the series, etc ... "

Ahh, I see. Well, that does make sense as to why no one would believe me. I was really angry about how everything went down with the '06-'07 series right after it ended, but I've gotten over it. I'm not just a Suns fan, I'm a basketball fan. I know bad calls are made on all sides and I know that when it comes right down to the wire and your teams looses, you really have no one to blame but yourself. Best thing to do is take your defeat with dignity!

duncan228
04-18-2008, 01:47 PM

Most everyone has, I don't remember if you ever have.

The spur covers it for me, there will be nothing "girly" added. :lol

As long as it just happens here and not in real life it doesn't bother me. I kind of take it as a compliment. Women on sports boards sometimes don't get the same treatment as men.

JustSpurs
04-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Welcome aboard.

midgetonadonkey
04-18-2008, 01:50 PM
I hate you.

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I hate you.

Awh, really? I don't hate you!

And your avatar made me giggle x)

bus driver
04-18-2008, 01:56 PM

3. I love Manu Ginobili. What can I say? He's a nice guy, a great player and easy on a girl's eyes! Even a diehard Suns fan is allowed to like a Spurs player, right?

So, with all due respect, I hope you guys don't mind having another Suns fan on your boards. I won't troll, I won't be an idiotic jerk and I'll engage in the occasional all-in-good-fun smack talk that everyone enjoys!

Lastly, best of luck in the playoffs! I, naturally, want the Suns to win; but, hey, if they don't... I won't mind saying that the better team won.

Have a great day!

sounds to me you might want on the SPURS bus. sorry, but the SPURS bus isnt making anymore stops!

your stuck with your team.........

:flag::lobt2::flag:

SpursFanFirst
04-18-2008, 02:11 PM
2. Oddly enough, you guys seem like more fun than the Suns fans!

Very true :tongue

3. I love Manu Ginobili.

:tu Any fan of Manu is always welcome on this board!

:toast Welcome, Sasysmith!
Warning: It's good to know this up front ~ there's ALOT of sarcasm on this board...try to take most comments with a grain of salt. I've already seen some of those in this thread.
Good luck to your team, and let's hope for an injury-free series!

DarrinS
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Welcome.

Do you have any naked pictures of yourself?

Summers
04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Most everyone has, I don't remember if you ever have.

The spur covers it for me, there will be nothing "girly" added. :lol

Come on, 228, you know you want to put hearts and flowers wingdings in your user name.

Summers
04-18-2008, 02:18 PM
sounds to me you might want on the SPURS bus. sorry, but the SPURS bus isnt making anymore stops!

Welcome Sasysmith, and beware the smartasses.

duncan228
04-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Come on, 228, you know you want to put hearts and flowers wingdings in your user name.

:lmao

I'd rather be called dude.

Summers
04-18-2008, 02:21 PM

I'd rather be called dude.

Okay, dude, suit yourself.

:)

BiZNicK
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Welcome!

Anyone who respects the Spurs gets respect from me

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 03:02 PM
I was away for a bit because it's lunch time here in AZ, but I'm back now and again I've got to say thank you so much for such a nice welcome! You guys rock! :)

Not a chance! Rain or shine, I love my short bus team, thank you very much! :tongue

SpursFanFirst: Warning: It's good to know this up front ~ there's ALOT of sarcasm on this board...try to take most comments with a grain of salt. I've already seen some of those in this thread.

lol! Thank you! I'll happily take sarcasm over tight-ass fans any day!

Sadly no. The judge said I'm prohibited from that sort of conduct for at least five years... :rollin

nfg3
04-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Welcome aboard. Great place to talk Sprs and the NBA and you'll find most here very well informed.

This series between our teams is going ot rock! May the best team win - which is and always will be the Spurs!

midgetonadonkey
04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Awh, really? I don't hate you!

And your avatar made me giggle x)

Send me $5 via paypal and I will not hate you any more.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-18-2008, 03:44 PM
She looks hot. That is all.

JMarkJohns
04-18-2008, 03:54 PM
So... How do you fellas like my sock puppet? :)

J/k... welcome sasysmith. Can't have enough quality Suns fans around here.

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 04:14 PM
You guys are a riot x)

How about some free porn instead?

TampaDude
04-18-2008, 04:22 PM
I know bad calls are made on all sides and I know that when it comes right down to the wire and your teams looses, you really have no one to blame but yourself. Best thing to do is take your defeat with dignity!

Are you SURE you're a Suns fan??? :lol

JMarkJohns
04-18-2008, 04:24 PM

She seems like one, only that I doubt she's ever posted at either PHXsuns.net or AzSportsFan.com. If she had, she'd had been systematically brokendown until every post could be summed up with, "SUNS RULE!"

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 04:34 PM

I'm fairly certain! That or I have the wrong posters on my bedroom wall. :tongue

She seems like one, only that I doubt she's ever posted at either PHXsuns.net or AzSportsFan.com. If she had, she'd had been systematically brokendown until every post could be summed up with, "SUNS RULE!"

You hit the nail on the head. Never posted at either one of those, but I've lurked around quite a bit and didn't like what I read. I am at PlanetOrange.net though. There's a link to my profile on page one or two of this thread.

But just for you: SUNS RULE!

T Park
04-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Sassy welcome.

BTW

How you doin? :eyebrows

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 04:46 PM

Hehe! It's Friday, so I'm doing well! How you doin? :tongue

rAm
04-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I am almost starting to think that Suns fans are worse than Laker fans.

Atleast the Laker Fans handled being knocked out of the playoffs by the same team a bunch of times better.

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I am almost starting to think that Suns fans are worse than Laker fans.

Atleast the Laker Fans handled being knocked out of the playoffs by the same team a bunch of times better.

Er, unfortunately, yeah. It seems like most people can't get over last year.

But hey! The past is the past and if you want to be the champs you have to beat them first, right? That's my motto on the whole deal!

T Park
04-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Hehe! It's Friday, so I'm doing well! How you doin? :tongue

No no

How YOU doin :eyebrows

:lol just messin

Im well

welcome aboard, nothing better than other team's fans? Than hot other team's fans.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!

Just watch this place after a loss, we all get testy and quick tempered, don't take any offense no one means it.

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Just watch this place after a loss, we all get testy and quick tempered, don't take any offense no one means it.

That's alright, I like it a little rough now and then :eyebrows

SpursFanFirst
04-18-2008, 05:26 PM

:lol Sounds like a scam...DON'T DO IT!

SpursFanFirst
04-18-2008, 05:27 PM
How about some free porn instead?

:wow You're gonna fit in just fine with the guys around here!

SpursFanFirst
04-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Sassy welcome.

BTW

:nope Settle down, Tpark...don't you have a woman?
We're still waiting for the proof though.

midgetonadonkey
04-18-2008, 05:30 PM

Nope. I do not negotiate.

WildcardManu
04-18-2008, 05:36 PM

yes, i've been confused for a girl already just cus of my avatar

T Park
04-18-2008, 05:41 PM
:nope Settle down, Tpark...don't you have a woman?
We're still waiting for the proof though.

Hey don't playa hate.

No i don't have a woman.

T Park
04-18-2008, 05:41 PM
That's alright, I like it a little rough now and then :eyebrows

Niiicee I like you :lol :eyebrows

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
:lol Sounds like a scam...DON'T DO IT!

I've fallen for that one before! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me seventeen times, shame on me. :lol

Nope. I do not negotiate.

Ah man, looks like you're going to have to hate me then. If nothing else you could have sold the porn for $5... How much does Japanese tentacle porn go for these days anyway?

Niiicee I like you

Right back at you, playa :P

lefty
04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Welcome :toast

Borosai
04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Leghumpers unite!

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Leghumpers unite!

I'm too short for the legs... Ankle, maybe?

T Park
04-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Right back at you, playa

if you knew me, i'm far from it :lol

T Park
04-18-2008, 06:04 PM

Wow You fit in great :lol

sasysmith
04-18-2008, 06:36 PM

Wow You fit in great :lol

I've had more fun here in one day than I have my entire time on my Suns board x) That's just...just wrong!

Thanks again to everyone for such a nice welcome! You guys are awesome!

It's quit'n time here and I'm headed home! Goodnight all!

Best of luck tomorrow! It'll be a sweet game! You guys won't mind another home court loss, right? :tongue

Don Quixote
04-18-2008, 06:49 PM

I have some of me. Do you mind a little hair?

Don Quixote
04-18-2008, 06:52 PM
yes, i've been confused for a girl already just cus of my avatar

WildCardManu is hot. Look at her!

Dex
04-18-2008, 06:56 PM
This is how it starts. First one nice fan shows up. Then a whole bunch of others follow. The next thing you know, we're sporting our own Suns Forum. :pctoss

It's like Pistons<Spurs all over again.

Seriously though, this cat's got moxie.

T Park
04-18-2008, 06:57 PM
:lol @ Dex

ShoogarBear
04-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Another instance of the bravatar being ahead of its time.

Summers
04-18-2008, 07:03 PM
WildCardManu is hot. Look at her!

Yes, and I'm incredibly articulate for a 4-year-old.

Dex
04-18-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm Brent Barry.

ShoogarBear
04-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Ah man, looks like you're going to have to hate me then. If nothing else you could have sold the porn for $5... How much does Japanese tentacle porn go for these days anyway?

You realize that you were replying to one of the world's leading experts in that field?

T Park
04-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Im torn on the Spurs, one hand im beno udrih and already on vacation, the other, im sitting on the bench and have no chance of leaving it.

SpursWoman
04-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm Brent Barry.

Yeah? And I'm Einstein. :spin

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-18-2008, 07:18 PM

the avatars do affect perception of posters though

Summers
04-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah? And I'm Einstein. :spin

But we knew that. :)

SpurOutofTownFan
04-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Sassy welcome.

BTW

You are going to piss Kori off with your signature

dav4463
04-18-2008, 09:12 PM
I hate the Suns. I hate the Mavericks. I hope both exit in Round 1.

When it is all over though, I will still have friends who support the Suns and Mavs.

It's all in good fun! Trash-talking is fun, but it shouldn't get too nasty.

We are all human beings first and foremost.

That being said, I hope the Suns get pounded by the Spurs and it will shut up those crying, whining fans for another year.

GO SPURS GO !!!!

also, GO HORNETS !