PDA

View Full Version : Xylus.....where art thou?

jrod1986
04-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Just wanted to give you props for standing up for SpursTalk. I tried to get your back over there but *almost* everyone on the .net has their panties in a wad right now.

Consider me a refugee.

SpursTalk forever!!

sam wheat
04-18-2008, 03:38 PM
there is a PM feature you should learn to use.

jrod1986
04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
...says the guy with Patrick Swayze in his sig.

JMarkJohns
04-18-2008, 03:49 PM
So can we badmouth PHXsuns.net in this thread? I know they offer a ton, but they are so close-minded and unapologetic about such that I stopped even reading the site. Intolerance shouldn't be welcomed, let alone tolerated by a message board. It makes me sad that the two biggest Suns boards are, by and large, opinioned by homers.

SpursTalk Forever, indeed!

jrod1986
04-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Here, here, JMark.

I told Xylus on the .net that different (read: non-homer) are allowed there (phxsuns.net) no matter what one certain JMarkJohns might have said in the past. Looks like you were right, though.

JMarkJohns
04-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I've never posted at PHXsuns.net, but followed it from its infancy. I could never bring myself to join a message board where outside opinions are kept an arms-length away from the forums. To have to know a poster to register is absurd. I've seen them runoff some pretty damn good posters for simply being realistic. Not even pessimistic, just acknowledging that the Suns are the end-all, be-all of life, and that their celebration should be tempered with as much reality as optimism.

I know there are still a handful of quality posters, but I just don't have the patience any more to sift through the blatant homerism to find the quality posts.

Again, they don't have to be that way. How can copying and pasting post after post be good for a message board? With a few exceptions, and a few wording variations, every posts drips with the same sentiment: Suns rule, and if you can't sip from the sun-flavored Kool-Aid every day, then you're not a real Suns fan.

Please...