PDA

View Full Version : Coby Karl trash talks the Nuggets

Allanon
04-18-2008, 04:15 PM
From the LATimes, I thought this was hilarious:

The Karl family might be divided for a couple of weeks after the Nuggets' coach heard from his son, Lakers rookie Coby Karl.

"He called me at 7:15 [Thursday] morning, his time. I'm going, 'What are you doing up?' He threw some trash at me. I don't think we're going to talk much during the series," George Karl told reporters in Denver.

Won't it be hard not speaking to your son?

"Why would it be hard talking to a guy who's basically trash-talking you with insults?" Karl said jokingly. "He's earned the right to do that a little bit, they've earned the right to do that a little bit. It doesn't mean I have to put up with it."

Coby Karl is on loan to the Lakers' Development League team, but will return to the Lakers after the D-Fenders' playoff run is over.

The rest of the article pretty much says Denver and the Lakers actually like each other unlike previous years with Kobe Clothesline, chop to the ribs, "3 more Phil" says D'Antoni.

"If you're afraid, go get a dog", Allen Iverson

MrChug
04-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Yah, Karl mentioned that in his interview on 1250 today. He said that Coby basically said "Isn't gonna suck Dad that I'm probably gonna get a championship before you do?!" :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-18-2008, 04:34 PM
If it were my kid I'd of told him, "Make sure the trainer checks out your shoulders before leaving for the road games. I'd hate to see you strain something carrying Phil's luggage."

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Nice to see the Coby inherited the "I'm kind of a dick" gene from his old man.

dirk4mvp
04-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Comin from a guy who might get 3 minutes in a blowout.

MrChug
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Comin from a guy who might get 3 minutes in a blowout.

True, but it's still funny...fuck his Dad. He's a dickless dick if there IS such a thing.