PDA

View Full Version : Isn't the NBA's website supposed to be impartial???

SouthernFried
04-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Just went to the nba website. Checked out the Suns vs Spurs "preview."

I'm not gonna post a link...

15 minutes of Suns, about 30 seconds of Spurs (they talked a little about TP...while the whole time showing Nash making layups.)

They had interviews with all the big Suns players, a beginning piece with Nash speaking in "hushed" tones. In depth analysis of the Suns season and moves.

Nothing on the Spurs. Nothing. 15 minutes of pure Suns.

This was a SUNS vs SPURS "preview?" By the official site of the NBA? Is there another "preview" somewhere that I'm missing...that mentions the Spurs?

If not, this is an absolute disgrace by the league.

A league that should be impartial.

bs

GRANFAN
04-18-2008, 07:56 PM
wondering same thing last night on nba tv.. suns spurs preview,, absolutely nothing but suns , mostly nash highlights,,

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Funny that those are the same folks who complain when the ratings are down when the Spurs advance. One would think they'd cover their bases simply as a prudent business decision.

GRANFAN
04-18-2008, 08:00 PM
steven a,, "hope spurs don't win,, doesn't want to go down to san antonio,, hates san antonio

callo1
04-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Don't care. Means nothing to me.

Give me the hardware anyday over the hype.

duncan228
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
One would think they'd cover their bases simply as a prudent business decision.

One would think that. It makes no sense to me. And I agree, the league is far from impartial. I guess it's the business sense they employ, push what sells the most beer. The glamour of Hollywood and the Lakers, the sound bites Shaq provides, the comeback story of the Celtics.

Whatever. The only money they get from me is all Spurs related. League Pass so I can watch them and Championship T-Shirts. :)

Cry Havoc
04-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Hopefully the officiating doesn't follow the hype this year.

Budkin
04-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I can't wait to piss off the nation again.

Russ
04-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Just went to the nba website. Checked out the Suns vs Spurs "preview."

I'm not gonna post a link...

15 minutes of Suns, about 30 seconds of Spurs (they talked a little about TP...while the whole time showing Nash making layups.)

They had interviews with all the big Suns players, a beginning piece with Nash speaking in "hushed" tones. In depth analysis of the Suns season and moves.

Nothing on the Spurs. Nothing. 15 minutes of pure Suns.
They're saving their Spurs material for the next round. :)

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 08:16 PM

All the Spurs have to do is take care of their business and play well. Then the game won't be left to the officials to have to decide.

bdictjames
04-18-2008, 08:18 PM
GO SPURS GO!!!

The army limit commander should post another thread to gear up for the playoffs.

Shaolin-Style
04-18-2008, 08:19 PM
the best part is they're going to have to talk through their teeth about the spurs as much as they hate it when we keep rolling along.

SouthernFried
04-18-2008, 08:20 PM

I was wondering if anyone else would make this connection.

After all, this is the "official" NBA website doing this. They didn't do it unknowingly. This is what they are "officially" promoting.

Their attitude is obvious by their actions. They are making a well thought out statement here. This wasn't just a couple announcers making predictions.

If you take it to it's logical conclusion...

Can officials actually decide games?

Well, the officials themeselves thought so...enough to bet on it.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2008, 08:24 PM
David Stern made some guarantee that the ratings were going to be better this year than last year, which was a little ominous sounding to me. That said, I've seen zero indication, ever, that there's any kind of effort by the officials to determine the outcome of a game. I've seen badly officiated games, but those are usually just due to a crew having a bad night.

manufor3
04-18-2008, 08:29 PM
I can't wait to piss off the nation again.

:lol so true

Shred
04-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Why worry about it? If the refs are betting on the under again, the Spurs should have no problems....