PDA

View Full Version : Manu vs Phoenix(spanish)

oski1000
04-18-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=1005452&origen=acumulado&acumulado_id=131-2 :flag::flag::lobt2:

SAtown
04-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks. He's basically saying that this was the most irregular season the Spurs have had since Manu entered the team. He says that the highs were very high, and the lows were the lowest the team's been through in years. He also talks about the energy he felt by the team in the blowout win vs Utah, explaining that they would've been a more difficult matchup (without HCA) than PHX.

He talks about the respect he has for PHX. He realizes the pressure the Spurs face trying to guard two big men in the paint, as well as the difficulties of penetrating with them in the paint.

Lastly, he explains how he doesn't care about the 6th man of the year (He says he doesn't even feel like a 6th man). He's focused on a much larger award. He also talks about his relationship with Tony, saying that they although they are not close friends, that whatever people think about an alleged argument was nothing more than arguments between any other two people.

gwidlon
04-18-2008, 08:04 PM
he actually says that ther are not very close friends, but that they get along and that they didn't have a fight.

SAtown
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah I read it too fast. Oh well...

MANU v TONY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greens
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks. He's basically saying that this was the most irregular season the Spurs have had since Manu entered the team. He says that the highs were very high, and the lows were the lowest the team's been through in years. He also talks about the energy he felt by the team in the blowout win vs Utah, explaining that they would've been a more difficult matchup (without HCA) than PHX.

He talks about the respect he has for PHX. He realizes the pressure the Spurs face trying to guard two big men in the paint, as well as the difficulties of penetrating with them in the paint.

Lastly, he explains how he doesn't care about the 6th man of the year (He says he doesn't even feel like a 6th man). He's focused on a much larger award. He also talks about his relationship with Tony, saying that they although they are not close friends, that whatever people think about an alleged argument was nothing more than arguments between any other two people.

Thanks for the info. I read the article too, I speak Spanish as well. About Tony, Manu says that there are no arguments between them...And that while they are not "best" friends, they still get along just fine...that there is nothing wrong with their relationship. And that they are friends indeed.

I think the only "best/closest" friend Manu has on the Spurs is Fabricio Oberto because they basically grew up together and have been playing basketball together for many years...

I still think that Manu has a good friendship with Tony/Tim/Bruce especially. They are not his "best" friends. But they are his friends off the court as well. I've heard that these four Spurs players hang out together a lot...whether it's Manu/Tony going to the movies together or both of them going to Tim's house to hang out. I think Kori talked about this before...

So the "animosity" that the fans create between Tony/Manu is not true...Why else would they go to the movies together if they didn't even like each other?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I remember Manu clarifying once on his forum, about how he was closer to some of the other teammates than others, (He seemed to befriend the immigrant, foreign teammates a little better) that it was just a difference between "intimate friends" and his regular friends.

I think Manu's even said after he got comfortable with the team he's been pretty good with all of them relationship. I think Manu doesn't share the same interests as Tony. Also he's younger than him.
They seem all down to earth anyway so I can see them all getting along with each other and happy to see each other off the court.

urunobili
04-18-2008, 08:27 PM
do anybody know why manu had to make that clarification? something happened against Utah?

duncan228
04-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks SAtown and greens for translating for us.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-18-2008, 08:34 PM
do anybody know why manu had to make that clarification? something happened against Utah?

yeah, anyone care to shed light on this subject?

m33p0
04-18-2008, 08:35 PM
So the "animosity" that the fans create between Tony/Manu is not true...Why else would they go to the movies together if they didn't even like each other?
Make-up sex?

yeah, anyone care to shed light on this subject?
some dumb fuck probably asked... again.

gwidlon
04-18-2008, 08:43 PM
yeap, I am sure that some people keeps pestering him about the subject.

TMTTRIO
04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Well somebody told me that one of the Argentinean newspapers was covering some heated incident and words they had for one another on court during a recent game. I guess Manu's just trying to put it to rest.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-18-2008, 09:27 PM
yeap, I am sure that some people keeps pestering him about the subject.

I'm sure it gets tiresome.
I remember on his forum, when he used to reply back in the day, there'd be all these replies and then one noticeably blank and it read "How come Parker doesn't pass you the ball?" :lol

greens
04-18-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm sure it gets tiresome.
I remember on his forum, when he used to reply back in the day, there'd be all these replies and then one noticeably blank and it read "How come Parker doesn't pass you the ball?" :lol

You know it's funny because I really like Manu's forum. I visit it all the time. But the one thing I cannot stand is the constant Tony bashing! It's all over the forum...in the game threads especially. So I try to ignore those comments...but it still bothers me because I'm a fan of both Manu and TP...so I don't like reading bad things about any of them...

I did notice that lately Manu has been getting a little bothered by the TP comments on his forum. For one thing, in one of his regular monthly question/answers chat, he talks about how he allows for the forum members to be free in their discussions, meaning the TP bashing, yet he does NOT like it...but he can't really prevent them...

In the thread for the pictures/media for Manu, one of the posters made a list of reasons why Manu is better than TP. Then Manu actually wrote a comment asking why this discussion is on the media/picture thread since there is a place where the fans can discuss NBA in general, another section of the forum. So I think it does bother him otherwise I don't know why he'd spend time replying about it. And I also think the picture thread is his favorite thread to visit because of all the lovely videos and wallpapers and other goodies.

DAF86
04-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Phoenix: the rival that most want to beat us-

San Antonio- After some adjustments from the "great" (Gregg Popovich) it seems like we react and get our game style back against Utah. Truth be told, we were playing lousy. We were slow, without ball movement, short of offensive resources and too dependent of what Tim could create. That's why we sored less than 80 points in the last few games. We're just too easy to defend.

But, every once in a while, when we get into a bad stretch, Gregg takes charge and get us out of there. Anyway i have to say that against Utah we made every single basket and they hand over a little bit in the second half. In the first half, though, we play some of our best basketball of the season.

Personaly i felt really good (or well?) after the three games i was out (because of the groin injury). I played 20 minutes, in a nice form and with great intensity. I wanted to play more but i guess they were a little bit scare about the injury. They say that this is a complicated spot to get injured and that's why they protected me. It's ok i get it, but i really wanted to play.

Before we get into the Suns, i have to acknowledge that this was our most inconsistent season since i got here. We were too streaky but if we get our ball movement back and we defend like we usally do, we can go for "the repeat".

About tomorrow's rival, i have to say that Phoenix is the team that most want to beat us. After what happened last year, plus two or three "season ending" series we provide them before.
This will surely be a classic. Anyways i don't think that this is the worst possible matchup for us; we didn't want to lose (on wednesday) and face Utah. It's always good to start the playoffs with HCA, and if we'd had lose, we'd got Utah without HCA. But, like i said before: there aren't easy teams in the west.

Phoenix have a lot of talent. We allready know that Nash is very hard to contain and that we need to be very aware in the paint to defend Shaq and Amare. Besides, on the offensive end, every time we attack the rim we bump into that big mole that is Shaq, who is physically ok and with a lot of desire of winning. On the other side, his presence, also makes them slower so they won't be the same team that we're used to see.

They beat us 3 out 4 in the regular season, but that doesn't mean anything now, the playoffs are a whole different story (:smokin). You play deifferent, without all the bustle of the regular season and you can make adjustments, something in which our coaches are very good at.

Two more things: about the "6th man award" thing: I couldn't care less about it and I don't even know if I want to win it, i don't think this is a big recognition, specially because, even though i am, i don't consider myself as a sixth man. The other thing I want to talk about is my relationship with Tony (Parker): I didn't have a fight with him, it didn't happen anything, and, even though we aren't close friends, we get along. We did have arguments, but the same kind of arguments you have with any other teammate on any other game.

(Wow it seems like they aren't as close as somones here said they were)