View Full Version : Suns Arrive In San Antonio

duncan228
04-18-2008, 09:42 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/04/post_9.html

Suns arrive in San Antonio
By Tom Orsborn
and David Flores
Express-News Staff Wriers

About 15 people greeted the Phoenix Suns as they arrived at their downtown hotel in San Antonio Friday afternoon.

Former San Antonio schoolboy basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal was the only member of the Suns to stop and sign autographs.

O'Neal said he is ready to meet the Spurs in a first-round playoff series that starts Saturday at the AT&T Center.

"I'm glad to be here,'' said O'Neal, who played at Cole High School in the 1980s. "It's always good to come to San Antonio. I'm looking forward to it.''

Ernest Moya, 27, an Alamo Heights graduate, got an autograph from the 7-foot-1 Suns center.

"I wasn't surprised at all that Shaq stopped to sign autographs,'' Moya said. "He's one of the nicest guys in the NBA.''

On Feb. 6, Phoenix traded Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to Miami for O'Neal, in large part to add a physical presence in an effort to beat the Spurs.

The Spurs have eliminated the Suns from the playoffs three times since 2003.

Suns forward Sean Marks, a former Spur, said he was happy to be back in the city and planned to have dinner on the River Walk.

Marks said he has already talked to "a bunch'' of his former teammates.

"But right now we are all just concentrating on the game,'' Marks said.

Denver>SA
04-18-2008, 09:43 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/04/post_9.html

Suns arrive in San Antonio
By Tom Orsborn
and David Flores
Express-News Staff Wriers

About 15 people greeted the Phoenix Suns as they arrived at their downtown hotel in San Antonio Friday afternoon.

Former San Antonio schoolboy basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal was the only member of the Suns to stop and sign autographs.

O'Neal said he is ready to meet the Spurs in a first-round playoff series that starts Saturday at the AT&T Center.

"I'm glad to be here,'' said O'Neal, who played at Cole High School in the 1980s. "It's always good to come to San Antonio. I'm looking forward to it.''

Ernest Moya, 27, an Alamo Heights graduate, got an autograph from the 7-foot-1 Suns center.

"I wasn't surprised at all that Shaq stopped to sign autographs,'' Moya said. "He's one of the nicest guys in the NBA.''

On Feb. 6, Phoenix traded Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to Miami for O'Neal, in large part to add a physical presence in an effort to beat the Spurs.

The Spurs have eliminated the Suns from the playoffs three times since 2003.

Suns forward Sean Marks, a former Spur, said he was happy to be back in the city and planned to have dinner on the River Walk.

Marks said he has already talked to "a bunch'' of his former teammates.

"But right now we are all just concentrating on the game,'' Marks said.

who cares?

remingtonbo2001
04-18-2008, 09:45 PM
So.....

What hotel are they staying at and can I have room numbers, please?

BonnerDynasty
04-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Why do the Spurs have to wine and dine every damn player all the damn time. Quit coming to the NBA to make friends. It's the Suns!

While Parker is sucking down spaghetti with D WIlliams and Sean Marks, Manu is lifting wagons full of iron and running through the snow.

:stirpot:

SAtown
04-18-2008, 09:50 PM
While Parker is sucking down spaghetti with D WIlliams and Sean Marks, Manu is lifting wagons full of iron and running through the snow.

:lmao

Budkin
04-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Why do the Spurs have to wine and dine every damn player all the damn time. Quit coming to the NBA to make friends. It's the Suns!

Sean Marks and Manu are still really good friends from what I hear. Remember Sean holding Manu up after Game 7 of the 2005 Finals?

Hemotivo
04-18-2008, 10:04 PM

omg :lmao :lol

WildcardManu
04-18-2008, 10:11 PM

:lmao

timaios
04-18-2008, 10:19 PM
who cares?

You, obviously.

SPARKY
04-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Ernest Moya sucks cock.

PlayoffEx-static
04-18-2008, 10:27 PM
So.....

What hotel are they staying at and can I have room numbers, please?

Just pull the fire alarm at 4 AM and be done with it.

RashoFan
04-18-2008, 10:27 PM
:jekkaHell, point them to oyster fest and let them get drunk on the good time Fiesta vibe...:lol

Kori Ellis
04-18-2008, 10:34 PM

I hate to tell you, but I'm sure it will be Tim and Manu dining with Marks, considering they were the ones who hung out with him a lot. (Maybe Parker will be there too.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-18-2008, 10:46 PM
...wagons full of iron. hahahahahahahahaha :lol

DAF86
04-18-2008, 11:54 PM

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=RYKfVH2TUBU

Manuuuuuuuuuu! the italian stallion :lol

alamo50
04-19-2008, 03:49 AM
who cares?

You would if you would ever be part of the most epic round 1 playoff battle in the history of sports.

Goodbye after round 1 again Nuggy.