PDA

View Full Version : Bennett Salvatore, Tony Brothers, Mike Callahan

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Salvatore, Brothers, and Callahan will be the Game 1 officiating crew, for anyone who might be wondering about such things.

Fabbs
04-19-2008, 07:40 AM
oh boy, isn't Salvatore historically very bad news for Spurs?
Like darn near auto win for opponent?
Or i am thinking of someone else.

m33p0
04-19-2008, 07:46 AM
A mobster, an accountant, and a vindictive cop.

Shred
04-19-2008, 08:40 AM
OK, we know who they are, but more importantly--which team are they betting on?

Trainwreck2100
04-19-2008, 08:47 AM
crap

shelshor
04-19-2008, 08:49 AM
oh NO

angel_luv
04-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Salvatore, Brothers, and Callahan will be the Game 1 officiating crew, for anyone who might be wondering about such things.

We can beat them! :)

my2sons
04-19-2008, 08:55 AM
if salvatore wasn't enough, brothers is the biggest waste of space this side of violet palmer

T Park
04-19-2008, 10:11 AM
spurs are fucked.

BonnerDynasty
04-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Damnit.

polandprzem
04-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I belive in Callahan but Salvatore unfortunately will be the lead ref.

Tony Brothers? How the guy looks like?

http://www.probasketballrefs.com/Portals/0/Graphics/RefPics/Action%20Pics/Brothers_bear.jpg

like this

polandprzem
04-19-2008, 10:17 AM
http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w12/img.166074_t.jpg

Salvatore is the guy who worries me.

Solid D
04-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Good, let's get Salvatore out of the way early. The Spurs haven't won a championship, yet, without losing one of their first two home games in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Savlatore did the game where Shaq and Amare had 5 fouls each by the beginning of the fourth quarter. It's not his fault the Spurs stopped trying to draw fouls.

roycrikside
04-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Well at least you can't accuse David Stern of not laying his cards on the table from the beginning. We're gonna have to win this series 5 on 8 to break up his Kobe vs. Shaq wet dream. Fabulous.

The NBA. Where Rigging Playoff Games Happens.

We're gonna have to shoot the lights out then because I don't expect Tony or Manu to get many calls driving inside against Dumb & Dumber.

BillsCarnage
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow, the whining from spurs fans about the refs has already begun and the game hasn't even started..

Y'all are jittery this morning, ain't ya?

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm not worried about it.

It is what it is, as someone (or everyone) once said.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow, the whining from spurs fans about the refs has already begun and the game hasn't even started..

Y'all are jittery this morning, ain't ya?

No shit. The Suns fans are afraid their boys are going to get roughed up, and the Spurs fans are afraid the zebras are going to be mean to them. :lol

polandprzem
04-19-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm not worried about it.

It is what it is, as someone (or everyone) once said.

Yeah :)

You take what's given

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 11:57 AM
It's funny that the NBA got their panties in such a wad about Donoghey, but they continue to let these convicted felons work games.

easjer
04-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Savlatore did the game where Shaq and Amare had 5 fouls each by the beginning of the fourth quarter. It's not his fault the Spurs stopped trying to draw fouls.

Bullshit. Each of them clearly fouled someone (usually Tony) at least twice more in that game. It wasn't the reason the Spurs lost the game (the shit offense was) but the refs closed their eyes on the end in order to avoid sending them out and Salvatorre was responsible for that.

He is a shit ref and I hate his guts.

Can the Spurs beat then Suns anyway? Yeah, if they play well. Can we now expect shit calls and no calls to interfere with the game? Yeah. Does it make any difference? Only in cosmic justice, because if the Spurs are so out of the game as to rely on officials to win it for them, they are fucked.

Doesn't mean I'm not still pissed as hell (before the game) about the officiating, because it's wrong that I can predict before the tip off how the game will be called.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Better Salvatore for you than for us. He has a personal vendetta against the mavs.

T Park
No shit. The Suns fans are afraid their boys are going to get roughed up, and the Spurs fans are afraid the zebras are going to be mean to them. :lol

Not afraid, but if you think Bennett Salvatore is a good ref you need your head examined.

Leetonidas
OK, we know who they are, but more importantly--which team are they betting on?

First post of yours I've ever seen without an asterisk. :wow

RonMexico
04-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't think fans of either team are excited about this Game 1 crew.

BATMAN
04-19-2008, 12:36 PM
If the refs get out of line I'll take care of them.

Princess Pimp
04-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Crying about the refs already? :lol

Steve_Javie
04-19-2008, 12:46 PM
You Spurs don't have a chance. Me and my boys are ready to wash the black and silver out of the postseason.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Bullshit. Each of them clearly fouled someone (usually Tony) at least twice more in that game. It wasn't the reason the Spurs lost the game (the shit offense was) but the refs closed their eyes on the end in order to avoid sending them out and Salvatorre was responsible for that.

He is a shit ref and I hate his guts.

Can the Spurs beat then Suns anyway? Yeah, if they play well. Can we now expect shit calls and no calls to interfere with the game? Yeah. Does it make any difference? Only in cosmic justice, because if the Spurs are so out of the game as to rely on officials to win it for them, they are fucked.

Doesn't mean I'm not still pissed as hell (before the game) about the officiating, because it's wrong that I can predict before the tip off how the game will be called.

Well I certainly owe you an apology after yesterday's game. That crew seemed determined to give any and all benefit of the doubt to the Suns. The Spurs drew at least three easy fouls against Shaq when he had five and they weren't called. The Spurs should have come out and played better in the first quarter, but they damn near managed to let all those terrible calls cost them the game. I'm hoping for a better start from now on because you certainly can't count on that many threes to save you more than once. Maybe that close call was enough to let them know that they'd better take care of their business for 48 minutes.

mavsfan1000
04-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Well I certainly owe you an apology after yesterday's game. That crew seemed determined to give any and all benefit of the doubt to the Suns. The Spurs drew at least three easy fouls against Shaq when he had five and they weren't called. The Spurs should have come out and played better in the first quarter, but they damn near managed to let all those terrible calls cost them the game. I'm hoping for a better start from now on because you certainly can't count on that many threes to save you more than once. Maybe that close call was enough to let them know that they'd better take care of their business for 48 minutes.
Bullshit. THe crew seemed to determined to get the Spurs back in the game.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Bullshit. THe crew seemed to determined to get the Spurs back in the game.

Yeah, I'm waiting for examples of that. :lol

Manuismyhomeboy
04-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Bullshit, that game was so poorly reffed for the Spurs. I am not one to make excuses for my teams about bad calls in any sport, but the refs let the Suns get away with murder yesterday. Every time Manu and Tony drove the lane they were pretty much raped, and then when Timmy caught the ball down low and turn to shoot he was pushed a countless number of times. Then there was the call in overtime where Nash shot a three and they called Tony for his sixth foul, and in the replay Tony clearly didn't even touch him. And then the biggest came at the end of regulation when Manu went up against Shaq and Amare for the go ahead lay up and Amare hacked his arm and Shaq hit him in the face and nothing was called. The refs let the Suns abuse the Spurs all day long wit no calls, but in the end the superior team won.