PDA

View Full Version : Series goes 7 ? NO WAY

tmtcsc
04-19-2008, 11:59 AM
I have seen many predictions on our series with Suns. Most of them actually have the Suns winning in 6 or 7 games. Others have us winning in 7.

I think that's crazy. I believe that the Suns are actually worse than they were last year. They got rid of a player that helped them to do what they do best and added a player that will give them a different defensive identity.

The Suns may believe that they match up with us better now (and two victories over the Spurs may support that claim) but they have actually taken 2 steps back when it comes to matching up with everyone else. They don't run as much and they play a little bit better interior defense.

As bad as the Spurs looked against the new look Suns in the regular season, I think the team is going to respond in a big way. I'm confident our coaches will make the necessary changes to score against Phoenix (specifically - pushing the ball more and tiring Shaq out) as well as "fronting Shaq" and making sure he doesn't get the ball in comfortable areas.

Also, he may see a double team from time to time. No, the Suns did not get better with Shaq. They only seemed to improve against us in the regular season. The playoffs are going to be a different story. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs finish this in 5.

Budkin
04-19-2008, 01:03 PM
They are absolutely worse than they were last year. I can't wait to see the media fumbling all over themselves trying to figure out how they could have been so wrong. :lmao

peskypesky
04-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Well, I think the Suns did get better against the Spurs with the addition of Shaq. But I still don't think it'll be enough if our big 3 play up to their potential, and if Pop makes the right adjustments when necessary.

NASpurs
04-19-2008, 01:07 PM
They are absolutely worse than they were last year. I can't wait to see the media fumbling all over themselves trying to figure out how they could have been so wrong. :lmao

At least one of them got it right:

Jalen Rose: "I'm not going to be like those guys who pick against the Spurs and then kick themselves in the butt".

duncan228
04-19-2008, 01:11 PM
...if Pop makes the right adjustments when necessary.

One of the things I admire most about Pop is his ability to make in-game and in-series adjustments. He's usually brilliant at it.

itzsoweezee
04-19-2008, 01:13 PM

yeah, but are the spurs also worse than they were last year? the roster is improved, but based on the regular season, the spurs sure do look worse to me. but maybe they'll turn it around in the playoffs.

Mark in Austin
04-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I forget who said it - might have been Bill Taylor - but I think most local media types who say Spurs in 7 actually think the Suns are going to win but don't want to admit it.

They clearly don't Believe.

tmtcsc
04-26-2008, 12:13 AM
I have seen many predictions on our series with Suns. Most of them actually have the Suns winning in 6 or 7 games. Others have us winning in 7.

I think that's crazy. I believe that the Suns are actually worse than they were last year. They got rid of a player that helped them to do what they do best and added a player that will give them a different defensive identity.

The Suns may believe that they match up with us better now (and two victories over the Spurs may support that claim) but they have actually taken 2 steps back when it comes to matching up with everyone else. They don't run as much and they play a little bit better interior defense.

As bad as the Spurs looked against the new look Suns in the regular season, I think the team is going to respond in a big way. I'm confident our coaches will make the necessary changes to score against Phoenix (specifically - pushing the ball more and tiring Shaq out) as well as "fronting Shaq" and making sure he doesn't get the ball in comfortable areas.

Also, he may see a double team from time to time. No, the Suns did not get better with Shaq. They only seemed to improve against us in the regular season. The playoffs are going to be a different story. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs finish this in 5.

Like I said...

Man, was that beatdown in game 3 funny..I can't wait to hear what Tim Legler and some of those other goofballs who predicted Suns in 6 have to say now.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/3228662.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=27D044C0A019FA6CC6FD65C0B08A0E05A55A1E4F32AD3138

Amare_32
04-26-2008, 12:14 AM
This is over. D'Antoni hopefully gets a clue about defense if he is even around next season.

yeahone
04-26-2008, 12:15 AM
msot espn brians had suns winning only about 3 picked the spurs to win

tmtcsc
04-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, one to go. I hope we finish this as soon as possible. I'd like to see Manu get some rest. He's still the key for us. If this plays out the way I think it will, we will face the Hornets and Jazz in the next 2 rounds.

tmtcsc
04-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Damn, I got one right. Spurs in 5.