PDA

View Full Version : Is Finley Forgiven?

The Club
04-19-2008, 04:52 PM
All the trade Finley talk and why is he a Spur talk after today does he have anything else to prove?

Is Finley Forgiven?

(Finley supporters all season long need not answer)

urunobili
04-19-2008, 04:54 PM
ask Barbosa not us...

SpursFan0728
04-19-2008, 04:54 PM
ask Barbosa not us...

:lmao

Re-Animator
04-19-2008, 05:39 PM
If your a fair weather Kool-Aid drinking bandwagon fan like 90% of ST?

Then yes!............. you need to forgive a player you cursed and wanted off the team.

But if your a real Spurs fan? no forgiveness needed in the first place.

DespЏrado
04-19-2008, 05:49 PM
I still believe our reliance on Finley is sometimes the reason we have to dig ourselves out of such holes. I love Finley's big shots, but the guy undeniably has lapses that take him out of entire games.

timvp
04-19-2008, 05:52 PM
That was a big time shot. Also props to Barry for hitting one of two. Putting him on the line when he hadn't shot a free throw since 2005 was tough. Big shot on that last attempt.

T Park
04-19-2008, 05:53 PM
What did I tell ya....

DespЏrado
04-19-2008, 05:53 PM
That was a big time shot. Also props to Barry for hitting one of two. Putting him on the line when he hadn't shot a free throw since 2005 was tough. Big shot on that last attempt.

What was bigger was his sole three pointer of the game...that was the moment things started clicking for the spurs.

WildcardManu
04-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Finley is clutch

boutons_
04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Clutch, game-saving shots cover a multitude of sins.

He does what he can, when we can. Can't ask any more.

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 05:57 PM
What was bigger was his sole three pointer of the game...that was the moment things started clicking for the spurs.

Did you mean "first three pointer", because he made 3 of them.

smeagol
04-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Props to Mr Caribbean Queen!

loveforthegame
04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Big props for Finley hitting that shot after missing a wide open one a minute before.

My only complaint is he never took a shot in both OT's. In this game it seemed we only went to him when we were desperate for a basket.

DespЏrado
04-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Did you mean "first three pointer", because he made 3 of them.

Sorry i was referring to Barry...should have made that clear.

T Park
04-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Big props for Finley hitting that shot after missing a wide open one a minute before.

My only complaint is he never took a shot in both OT's. In this game it seemed we only went to him when we were desperate for a basket.

He was guarded well

they didn't leave him open for one second.

Tonto
04-19-2008, 06:45 PM
pale face tpark make tonto proud

greens
04-19-2008, 07:25 PM
YES!

That Finley three is terrific!

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-19-2008, 09:45 PM
pale face tpark make tonto proud

:lmao

gospursgojas
04-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Check the sig below....

Budkin
04-19-2008, 10:27 PM
All is fucking forgiven. Finley went from being scoreless in the first half to hitting one of the biggest shots in Spurs history.

T Park
04-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Just curious really quickly,

forgiven for what?

Shaolin-Style
04-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Hes out of timeout for his bad defense most the game.

But hes never completely forgiven until he gets that next ring.

peskypesky
04-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Finley had some bad stretches this season, but I never doubted that he could and would contribute in the playoffs. I will admit that I've called for Manu to start over Finley, but I've never felt that Finley should be traded or should retire. He was AWESOME today and I would give him a hug if I could.

T Park
04-19-2008, 10:44 PM
But hes never completely forgiven until he gets that next ring.

You my friend, are a tool.

Budkin
04-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Just curious really quickly,

forgiven for what?

For his huge stretch of brick laying and horrible defense earlier this season. The misses wouldn't have bugged me if he was contributing something else but he was a total liability out there. I was never saying we should trade him though. Like you I knew he'd bounce back at some point.

Shaolin-Style
04-19-2008, 11:00 PM
You my friend, are a tool.

Whatever punk. Hes going to get turned on the moment he screws a defensive assignment, which will probably be next game. Fin hating is too easy, but I still love him.

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Finley had so many lapses on defense today it was pathetic. If he hadn't hit that Big 3, fans would be singing a different tune.

I still believe in Finley. I just don't like the fact that if he's not making shots or hesitating on offense, he lets that affect the rest of his game and his rebounding/defense suffers too. That's difficult to take considering he's a starter now.

Still big shot for Finley, esp after he had missed the previous one. :tu If Finley can be that consistent 4th scorer for the Spurs, it opens up so much of the floor for Duncan/Parker/Ginobili.

T Park
04-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Whatever punk. Hes going to get turned on the moment he screws a defensive assignment, which will probably be next game. Fin hating is too easy, but I still love him.

So your gonna turn on him the next defensive assignment missed?

Wow...

Fabbs
04-19-2008, 11:18 PM
what 1Parker1 said.

Shaolin-Style
04-19-2008, 11:58 PM
So your gonna turn on him the next defensive assignment missed?

Wow...

Nope, but most people will hence why this thread is here to begin with. Also, *you're easily amazed by this apparently.

BlueDog
04-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Shut up you naysayers, I am gay for Finley because he is more baller than any of us could ever be. Unless you are Steve Nash or Tim Duncan then stop trying to compare Finley with anyone in the league. If y'all had to compare Finley with Van Exel who would y'all pick, that's right Finley. He will win a championship because he is a believer not a naysayer like some punk bitches I see on this forum.

timvp
04-20-2008, 12:31 AM
If y'all had to compare Finley with Van Exel who would y'all pick, that's right Finley.Don't set the bar too high, now.

Shaolin-Style
04-20-2008, 12:34 AM
I'd definitely take Finley over Scola at least. Van exel? Thats a toughy.

BlueDog
04-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Y'all are right, Van Exel was a no-show. I've been on Finley's nuts though ever since he hit that shot against NY...and since my bro got to talk to him at Longhorn Cafe...consumate professional is all I can type.

jmard5
04-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Finley had so many lapses on defense today it was pathetic. If he hadn't hit that Big 3, fans would be singing a different tune.

I still believe in Finley. I just don't like the fact that if he's not making shots or hesitating on offense, he lets that affect the rest of his game and his rebounding/defense suffers too. That's difficult to take considering he's a starter now.

Still big shot for Finley, esp after he had missed the previous one. :tu If Finley can be that consistent 4th scorer for the Spurs, it opens up so much of the floor for Duncan/Parker/Ginobili.

On one botched assignment against a Suns screen n' roll, I think Kurt Thomas pulled him over and told him how he should have done it right.

But, hey, props for Finley for coming strong at the start of the second half and for hitting the 3pt shot.

DespЏrado
04-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Finley is a great baller every once in a while. I love the guy as a consummate athlete and all around good guy. But a big shot here or there does not make up for his horrendous effort on D.

I cringed for the most part every time the lineup would roll out of a time out with Finley in it. I would rather roll the dice with Barry and Udoka at almost any point in the game. Finley minutes could be used nest year with so much better effect if we had a young energy player that could just play scrappy for 100% of the time he was given.