PDA

View Full Version : Suns will still win the series.

btimsah
04-19-2008, 05:54 PM
As a Suns fan, I'm not worried. Duncan played out of his mind today, and so did Finley. With that being said, they won't shoot like that again and the Suns will win the series.

Helluva game though. Your reign is over.

:lobt:

TampaDude
04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
As a Suns fan, I'm not worried. Duncan played out of his mind today, and so did Finley. With that being said, they won't shoot like that again and the Suns will win the series.

You may be right, or you may be wrong...only time will tell...

Typhoon
04-19-2008, 05:56 PM

Fag.

Strike
04-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Obviously the series isn't over. But right now the Spurs have the advantage.

http://www.w-trek.com/images/spork1.bmpAll hail.

Rummpd
04-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Spurs played as bad as they could for half the game. Dear Suns fan = Be worried.

Mr. Peabody
04-19-2008, 06:01 PM

You're right. Duncan never plays big in the playoffs and Finley never hits clutch threes. This was truly an aberration. :toast:lol:toast

Amare_32
04-19-2008, 06:03 PM

It should worry us a little bit. Granted is just the 1st game and more often then not the home team will win the 1st game but when you have a 16 point lead on the Spurs in San Antonio you have to finish them off. Now Game 2 is a must win. The Suns can't afford to go into Game 3 down 0-2.

T Park
04-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Uh Finley did not play out of his mind.

He made 1 three all game and a couple of 2 pointers.
Outside of that he was horrible.

You should be afraid if he gets his stroke back for game 2.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-19-2008, 06:07 PM

It's clear you and I watched 2 different games - Diaw, Bell all those role guys where hitting shots out of their minds - I would say "they won't shoot like that again"

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Uh Finley did not play out of his mind.

He made 1 three all game and a couple of 2 pointers.
Outside of that he was horrible.

You should be afraid if he gets his stroke back for game 2.

Actually, he hit 3-7 from beyond the arc. You might want to check the box score before you spout stats.

temujin
04-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Suns have D'antoni

And they have the most stupid player ever to set foot on a playoff floor in Stoudamire.

And they have barbosa and bell.

You don't win anything with just one great player.

This series will go to 5 games.

And that's it.

BillsCarnage
04-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Spurs played as bad as they could for half the game. Dear Suns fan = Be worried.

And the Suns played equally as bad in the 4th Q and OT.

Where was Hill, Gordy and Barbosa for the Suns???

If Shaq can stay on the floor longer I still like the Suns chances. I wouldn't get too over confident if i were a spurs fan.

some_user86
04-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Fin shot 5-11 FG and 3-7 3FG. That's not even close to playing out of his mind. Witness Denver last year 8-9 3PG, and similar results late into this season. He's got a ways to go before he plays his best.

There is no reason for Suns fans to be happy with this loss.

Amare_32
04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Fin shot 5-11 FG and 3-7 3FG. That's not even close to playing out of his mind. Witness Denver last year 8-9 3PG, and similar results late into this season. He's got a ways to go before he plays his best.

I am not happy with this loss at all. A 16 point lead against the Champs on the road you have to put them away. This loss will eat at the Suns. This is a game they should have won. The Spurs played like crap for most of the game. Now Game 2 is a must win the Suns don't want to get down 0-2.

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
And the Suns played equally as bad in the 4th Q and OT.

If Shaq can stay on the floor longer I still like the Suns chances. I wouldn't get too over confident if i were a spurs fan.

Dude, I respect your fandom, but you act like PHO blowing a double digit lead to the Spurs is some aberration. Shaq CAN'T stay on the floor longer. When he played more minutes in limited games with MIA this year, he fouled out six times. That's not an aberration, either. Your big guys play bad defense on drivers and commit lots of fouls, and the Suns are just going to have to overcome that, not pray that it goes away. It won't.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-19-2008, 06:14 PM
suns fans thing the spurs offense was good tonight ? :drunk

It will only get better and so will the D. As a Nuggets fan i have witnessed this in the playoofs :lol

T Park
04-19-2008, 06:16 PM

It will only get better and so will the D. As a Nuggets fan i have witnessed this in the playoofs :lol

Thank you for the dose of reality for Suns fan :smokin

PlayoffEx-static

Pssst. Duncan pretty much ALWAYS plays that way against the Suns. Look it up.

QuietDynasty
i'd be worried too if i was the suns, they shot out of their minds, and still lost the game. oh there will be blood.....be worried

BiZNicK
These suns fans...again with the excuses

ACCEPT the loss and appreciate the Spurs' effort

703 Spurz
Checkmate. 3 to go. Worry all you want, it isn't like you have any control over it.

:flag:

WildcardManu
04-19-2008, 06:18 PM

True

BATMAN
04-19-2008, 06:19 PM
THe Suns are fucked and they know it lol

Mol3663
04-19-2008, 06:19 PM

That loss was painful. As a Suns fan, I'm not happy. It's still early in the series but it was a very tough loss. We'll see what happens......

bigfan
04-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Its waaay better to just ignore idiots. That said, I give credit to the Suns today, they played a hellofa good game and this series is no gimme either way. But how bout some clutch Spurs shooting when it counted?!!!! Classic Spurs.

ShoogarBear
04-19-2008, 06:21 PM
That's the question of the game. Hill was a complete non-factor.

Except that the Suns were playing better in the first half with Shaq on the bench. I don't know what to make of that.

Shaolin-Style
04-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Guess what?

Nash won't shoot like that again either.
Parker won't play like a moron for the majority of the game, and foul on 3 pointers like he did twice.

And Amare is typically always in foul trouble against us because hes not matured his offensive and defensive games enough to stay on the floor long enough. Same goes for Shaq.

For every "You can't keep this up" comment you throw at the spurs, you can take two "You can't keep this up" retorts and apply them to your suns.

BiZNicK
04-19-2008, 06:25 PM
oh and dont forget, manu wont be 0-6 from 3pt line again either...

This can go both ways, stop the excuses

DespЏrado
04-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Suns deserve all the credit in the world for showing up to play and giving the spurs almost more than they could handle, but it wasn't enough for the W. This series is far from over.

dbreiden83080
04-19-2008, 06:28 PM
We'll see it was an incredible game but if i were the Suns doubt would be in my head. What is it going to take to beat the Spurs?? How many times can we come close and not quite get there???

Amare_32
04-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Suns deserve all the credit in the world for showing up to play and giving the spurs almost more than they could handle, but it wasn't enough for the W. This series is far from over.

The loss still sucks. This is a game the Suns should have won. On to Game 2 hopefully with a Suns W.

ShoogarBear
04-19-2008, 06:31 PM
We'll see it was an incredible game but if i were the Suns doubt would be in my head. What is it going to take to beat the Spurs?? How many times can we come close and not quite get there???

If they're smart, they forget completely about this game and focus on the fact that for once they are actually in a position to use their deeper bench to advantage.

tp2021
04-19-2008, 07:17 PM
i'm glad i experienced this game, and glad the suns played just good enough to fall short, and give me and my fellow spurs fans a game to remember.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I feel bad for the suns. Fucked by David Stern and his refs 2 straight years

BonnerDynasty
04-19-2008, 07:21 PM

I hope not. Spurs sucked in the first half.

BiZNicK
04-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I feel bad for the suns. Fucked by David Stern and his refs 2 straight years

lol funny coming from a bitter mavs fan....whose team choked 2 consecutive years..

:flag:

spursfan09
04-19-2008, 07:26 PM

What do you mean Tim played out of his mind? This is what Tim does in the palyoffs. He steps it up. :lol what you think this was an accident? The playoffs start and Tim shines.

Harry Callahan
04-19-2008, 07:27 PM

It's not just about shooting my friend. It's about setting screens, drawing charges, overcoming touch fouls on Nash and Retardamire. Hanging in till the end.

Your reign will never begin.

sunsfans9304
04-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Truthfully...Suns didnt shoot that well less than season average...Shaq was in foul trouble barely guarded duncan...Spurs won a home game with lucky shots in the overtimes...Nothing really happened to make me think that the Spurs are better than the Suns...I'm still confident in the Suns

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:18 PM

I concur

Supreme_Being
04-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I concur

So?

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:23 PM
So?

No more lucky shots for you !!

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 02:25 PM
The best thing that can happen for PHX is if SAS gets over-confident about the win. They went into SAS and pretty much dominated the game the entire way through. They just need to work on closing out games better and keeping their frontcourt on the floor longer. If they can do that they have a shot at beating SAS.

Beno Udrih
04-20-2008, 02:26 PM
The best thing that can happen for PHX is if SAS gets over-confident about the win. They went into SAS and pretty much dominated the game the entire way through. They just need to work on closing out games better and keeping their frontcourt on the floor longer. If they can do that they have a shot at beating SAS.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

FromWayDowntown
04-20-2008, 02:43 PM
If the reign is over, it has been nice to at least have a reign.

I don't think it's over quite yet . . . .

CubanMustGo
04-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Fuck Fuck Fuck I hope and pray that the Suns finally beat these guys so we don't have to have our asses handed to us playing them

Fixed.

pooh
04-20-2008, 06:18 PM

I agree, the odds of Finley and Duncan doing what they did yesterday is those one in a million shots. The Suns had them on the ropes, just that foul problems and Oscar award winning flopping by the Spurs got them out of the rhythm. I look for the Suns to take game two and then it's back to being even and see where it goes from there.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I agree, the odds of Finley and Duncan doing what they did yesterday is those one in a million shots. The Suns had them on the ropes, just that foul problems and Oscar award winning flopping by the Spurs got them out of the rhythm. I look for the Suns to take game two and then it's back to being even and see where it goes from there.

Thank you for your participation in this forum. Hopefully your team will have won more than 40 games next year at this time.

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 06:23 PM
lol wtf. It's not that easy Suns fans.

Don't think Spurs won't improve on things as well....you're a fool for counting them out so easily.

sunsfans9304
04-20-2008, 07:26 PM
i'd be worried too if i was the suns, they shot out of their minds, and still lost the game. oh there will be blood.....be worried

They actually shot below their season average...And Duncan had alot of success when he wasnt being guarded by Shaq...If the Suns can avoid foul trouble they should be in good shape

florige
04-20-2008, 07:31 PM

Yeah and Amare was just freakin terrible yesterday...:rolleyes

sunsfans9304
04-20-2008, 07:36 PM
They played well with Shaq on the bench but Duncan was still able to score 20...With Shaq guarding Duncan he was stalemated...The Suns should brush this off...A double OT win at home on lucky shots is nothing to really brag about...Lets hope the Suns dont lt this get to their heads

some_user86
04-20-2008, 07:47 PM
They actually shot below their season average...And Duncan had alot of success when he wasnt being guarded by Shaq...If the Suns can avoid foul trouble they should be in good shape

You talk about that like it was just an aberration. It happens every time! Even in the two games you guys won in the regular season, Shaq and Amare were in foul trouble. Separately, they weren't that much better either. Phil would put his power forward on Tim when Shaq was with the Lakers. Which explains Tim's lower percentages against the Lakers back then, because the Spurs have admitted that Horry was the one player who guarded him best. Amare was constantly in foul trouble against Tim in conference semi-finals. Waves of articles have shown that Tim apparently picked up Horryitis, and takes even the regular season games against big opponents off. This is not abnormal. Expect this Tim. Expect foul trouble for the Suns' bigs.

florige
04-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I really can't wait to hear what excuses arise if we do happen to win this series sheesh.....

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Execuse me, you know the spurs are going to win, quit denying it ;)

some_user86
04-20-2008, 07:51 PM
They played well with Shaq on the bench but Duncan was still able to score 20...With Shaq guarding Duncan he was stalemated...The Suns should brush this off...A double OT win at home on lucky shots is nothing to really brag about...Lets hope the Suns dont lt this get to their heads

Spurs didn't play up to their potential either. Manu's shot was off, Tony dumb made mistakes. Both most likely due to injuries. Even Fin's shot wasn't completely there.

The reason most of us (at least, I was) were so giddy was that Spurs didn't play up to their potential and we still eked out a win. The series is far from over, but the Sun's chances aren't looking as good anymore.

florige
04-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Execuse me, you know the spurs are going to win, quit denying it ;)

Hopefully you are right! We got off to a good start yesterday.

florige
04-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Spurs didn't play up to their potential either. Manu's shot was off, Tony dumb made mistakes. Both most likely due to injuries. Even Fin's shot wasn't completely there.

The reason most of us (at least, I was) were so giddy was that Spurs didn't play up to their potential and we still eked out a win. The series is far from over, but the Sun's chances aren't looking as good anymore.

The only thing I will give him is that Shaq did play Duncan pretty good down the stretch. Other than that I really don't see how they are so confident after blowing 3 leads and losing. You would think that we lost. lol

GrandeDavid
04-20-2008, 08:04 PM

This hollow nothingness warrants a thread? Goodness.

I would expect the Spurs to NOT shoot 35% in the first half of the next, if any other, games in this series. Phoenix is too weak defensively, even with Shaq in the paint. So you are correct, they WON'T shoot "like that" again.

I still stand by Spurs in six.

jmard5
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM

Dude, the series is not over yet.

Have you seen the defense the Spurs did the last minutes of the game against the Suns screen-&-rolls? They did a good job. They will do it better in the second game.

Hill (probably due to injury), Bell and Barbosa didn't show up. Credit goes to the Spurs' defense at the perimeter.

You could adjust your offense for all you want, the Spurs will counter it with an upgraded defense.

lrrr
04-20-2008, 08:23 PM
the Spurs always seem to lay an egg in the first game of the playoffs (see 2003, 2005, 2007). PHX let a golden opportunity go. You'd be a fool to think the spurs aren't going to come out a whole lot better in game 2.

Oh, and about "lucky" shots, it reminds me of what Vlade said after game 4 when Horry ate the Kings lunches. that my friends, is LOSER talk...

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Damn, seeing all these bitter Suns fans and their excuses...

I cant imagine what a Suns forum would look like...wait maybe i do..

I see.......................a......

whole page of excuse threads.......yes its coming to me.......how sad

Budkin
04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
The Suns fans are devastated. :lmao

Mister Sinister
04-20-2008, 09:12 PM
I really can't wait to hear what excuses arise if we do happen to win this series sheesh.....

Watch, it's going to be Horry's fault aaaaall over again.

spursfan09
04-20-2008, 09:41 PM
"lucky shots" my ass. Spur fans think Fisher's shot was "lucky". Do you think that changed the Lakers winning the series? Nope it didn't. Did you Sun fans ever think that sometimes things happen for a reason. Tim was meant to hit that 3, or else he would of missed it.

sunsfans9304
04-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Chill...No Suns fan is happy about the lost, but you Spurs fans are claiming that because of this game the Suns have no chance against the Spurs...All I'm saying is nothing in that game made me feel like the Suns cant beat the Spurs...Im still completely convinced the Suns are the better team...Hopefully that reflects to a win in the series