PDA

View Full Version : Did Hill call a timeout after the shot by manu?

Ronaldo McDonald
04-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Can anyone verify this for me?

We won the game, I know, but I think it says something about Antoni. I mean, had ginobili missed he would have been charged with a T.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-19-2008, 06:29 PM
BTW, I should have been more specific. It was after the game winner.

E20
04-19-2008, 06:29 PM
He had the hand signal up and quickley realized what he was doing.

timvp
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah, the refs should have T'ed him up. They let it go and luckily it didn't backfire for the Spurs. Grant Webber got lucky.

DespЏrado
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah it probably should have been a T but there was no reason to call it.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Cool. Yea, doesn't mean anything now, but could have been a big blunder in grants career had things gone a little differently.

DespЏrado
04-19-2008, 06:36 PM
If anything shows Pop's brilliance as a head coach this really shows it.
On one hand Antoni didn't make sure his players knew not to call a timeout, and on the other Pop knew when to start hacking Shaq. When Barry should foul. Pop's rotation were superbly timed.

Borosai
04-19-2008, 06:42 PM
He definitely made the hand signal, but he probably didn't call for it. I'm not sure if that's enough (no clue).

BillsCarnage
04-19-2008, 06:42 PM

We won the game, I know, but I think it says something about Antoni. I mean, had ginobili missed he would have been charged with a T.

It was Hill or Bell... They turned real quick, signaled the TO and then stopped. Everyone else realized they didn't have any left. It actually would have been in the Suns advantage if a T was called.

Remember in..... 76?.... That's what caused the "shot heard round the world" in the Suns/Celtics finals.

If a T had been called the Suns would have got the ball at half court, i believe. It also would have given the Suns a few precious seconds to set up a play.

TampaDude
04-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah, the refs should have T'ed him up. They let it go and luckily it didn't backfire for the Spurs. Grant Webber got lucky.

Grant Webber... :lol

Manu_Ginobili
04-19-2008, 06:44 PM

Yes, he tried to do that, but D'Antony told them to run fast, and the ball was given to nash who missed from long range...

NRHector
04-19-2008, 10:42 PM

We won the game, I know, but I think it says something about Antoni. I mean, had ginobili missed he would have been charged with a T.I was wondering the same thing you are right my friend