PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with the "Hack a Shaq"

Pages : [1] 2

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 06:35 PM
I've watched an awful lot of Lakers vs. Spurs battles in the past and I have never seen them use the despicable Hack a Shaq! I always lost respect for teams that have to do that to win. Fortunately for the Spurs, the Suns coach is an idiot and played right into the spurs hands. Why take shaq out? He makes them when they count, I'm sure he could have given the spurs 1 out of 2, but even if he doesn't it allowed the suns to be back on defense. Taking Shaq out opened up the lane. Dumb move, imo

So what's up Spurs fans? Is this how you do it now?:jack

itzsoweezee
04-19-2008, 06:36 PM
make your freethrows bitch

Buddy Holly
04-19-2008, 06:37 PM
LOL, as if your precious Phil wouldn't do that? It's called strategy, you know something you need to be good at in order to win shit.

some_user86
04-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Didn't Phil once employ Hack-a-Bruce?

DespЏrado
Pop knows when to run a gimmick against a gimmick coach. I think he had more respect for Phil Jackson.

LakeShow
LOL, as if your precious Phil wouldn't do that? It's called strategy, you know something you need to be good at in order to win shit.

Phil wouldn't do that, his strategy would be to take it at Shaq and get him out by fouls.

bigfan
04-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I generally agree with you but I guess we were getting kinda desparate to make a move and had to do it. Going down at home in a game 1 is horrible, like a disease, everyone starts worrying ect. so drastic measures were called for in this game. It worked as it took Shaq out for almost 2 minutes just when the Spurs were trying to get close (they were down 4 I think). I dont see this happening in future games though as the Suns will know what to expect.

Borosai
Snaq is programmed for success. Unfortunately, they forgot the free throw patch.

Phenomanul
I distinctly remember Phil Jackson employing the Hack-a-Bowen strategy in 2003 and 2004....

buzz off.

BonnerDynasty
Phil wouldn't do that, his strategy would be to take it at Shaq and get him out by fouls.

lmfao did you not watch the game?

The refs won't.

Shaolin-Style
04-19-2008, 06:40 PM
The spurs are smart. If you mean to ask the spurs if that is how they do it now, you just don't know they've been doing this all along.

Of course I guess you don't recall someone doing a hack of bowen when we played the lakers back in the day. Don't think your team wouldn't do the same for one minute.

itzsoweezee
04-19-2008, 06:40 PM
should tony stop driving on nash too? fucking whiny ass laker fans.

Amare_32
04-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah that surprised me. I never expected the Spurs to resort to that.

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 06:41 PM
I generally agree with you but I guess we were getting kinda desparate to make a move and had to do it. Going down at home in a game 1 is horrible, like a disease, everyone starts worrying ect. so drastic measures were called for in this game. It worked as it took Shaq out for almost 2 minutes just when the Spurs were trying to get close (they were down 4 I think). I dont see this happening in future games though as the Suns will know what to expect.

Ok, I sure hope it doesn't happen again and I agree it worked because dumbass D'antoni (spelling) let it work.

jag
04-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Not sure what you're complaining about...it was obviously effective.

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 06:42 PM
should tony stop driving on nash too? fucking whiny ass laker fans.

:wtf

ShoogarBear
04-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I guess you've only been a Laker fan since 2005.

Buddy Holly
04-19-2008, 06:45 PM

Bitch, Phil did the same shit to Bruce Bowen. :rollin

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I distinctly remember Phil Jackson employing the Hack-a-Bowen strategy in 2003 and 2004....

buzz off.

Bullshit! Phil would not start fouling Bruce with over 6 minutes left in the game, toward the end, maybe.

ThomasGranger
04-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Funny how the Lakers fans are bitching about the Spurs win (even more than the Suns fans!).

Buddy Holly
Bullshit! Phil would not start fouling Bruce with over 6 minutes left in the game, toward the end, maybe.

Wait, now your vagina is bitching about what point in the game the hack a Shaq occurred? :rollin

san antonio spurs

have you just been a lakers fan? seriously

T Park
04-19-2008, 06:48 PM
when did laker fan become so high and mighty?

You guys would've done the same thing.

:lol

Why does everyone act like its so horrible?

It worked, it got Shaq out of the game.

lefty
04-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Didn't Phil once employ Hack-a-Bruce?

And Don Nelson too

samikeyp
04-19-2008, 06:50 PM
I've watched an awful lot of Lakers vs. Spurs battles in the past and I have never seen them use the despicable Hack a Shaq! I always lost respect for teams that have to do that to win. Fortunately for the Spurs, the Suns coach is an idiot and played right into the spurs hands. Why take shaq out? He makes them when they count, I'm sure he could have given the spurs 1 out of 2, but even if he doesn't it allowed the suns to be back on defense. Taking Shaq out opened up the lane. Dumb move, imo

Far as I saw, no Spurs fans were involved. ;)

For the record though...I am not a fan of the tactic.

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Wait, now your vagina is bitching about the point in the game when the hack a Shaq occurred? :rollin

Yeah, i am. To foul shaq at the end of a game or when he catches the ball down low when you're behind is the smart thing to do. To foul him with almost half a quarter to go away from the ball is punkish! imo

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-19-2008, 06:52 PM
:lmao

you just answered your own question in the Original Post.

It was a chess move on Pop's part, not a cop out, there was so much time left. He took the gamble and D'Antoni folded. Simple as that.

It's not a matter of pride in this case.

resistanze
Yeah, i am. To foul shaq at the end of a game or when he catches the ball down low when you're behind is the smart thing to do. To foul him with almost half a quarter to go away from the ball is punkish! imo
So you're okay with Hack-a-Shaq as long as it happens in a specified period determined by you? Dumb.

san antonio spurs

stfu and answer why the might phil used that same tactic.

Amare_32
Riles and the Heat did the same to Ben Wallace in the 06 ECF.

Phenomanul
04-19-2008, 06:54 PM

Well duh!!! the rule changed two years ago.... one can't employ a hack-a-'fill in the blank' strategy with less than two minutes to go anymore.

Buddy Holly
04-19-2008, 06:54 PM

Hey sissy lilly, your boy Phil would foul Bruce on purpose in the middle of the quarter, it's called strategy.

Heath Ledger
04-19-2008, 06:55 PM
what happens if they do the hack=a=shaq in the final two minutes now?

samikeyp
04-19-2008, 06:55 PM

Phx would get one shot and the ball.

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 06:56 PM
So you're okay with Hack-a-Shaq as long as it happens in a specified period determined by you? Dumb.

Not by me, but by somebody who feels they can just beat somebody without the lame ass hack a shaq. That's a don Nelson ploy. Hack a shaq is smart when you're losing and time is running out, it is punk-ish if done when with over 6 minutes left in a game down by single digits.

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 06:58 PM
:lmao

you just answered your own question in the Original Post.

It was a chess move on Pop's part, not a cop out, there was so much time left. He took the gamble and D'Antoni folded. Simple as that.

It's not a matter of pride in this case.

No I agree, D'antoni fucked up. Strange to see the Spurs resort to that though.

Pero
04-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Well duh!!! the rule changed two years ago.... one can't employ a hack-a-'fill in the blank' strategy with less than two minutes to go anymore.

So what now, did the rules change 2 years ago or 9? :wtf

Amare_32
04-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Is all moot anyways. Who ever wins the West will be so beat up they will be an easy 5 and done for Celts and Pistons.

BiZNicK
04-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Smart move to do

Damn you ppl whine like they did this the whole 4th qtr

carina_gino20
04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Not by me, but by somebody who feels they can just beat somebody without the lame ass hack a shaq. That's a don Nelson ploy. Hack a shaq is smart when you're losing and time is running out, it is punk-ish if done when with over 6 minutes left in a game down by single digits.

As someone has already said, it's called strategy. I didn't like it, because I think Shaq usually makes them when they count. But D'Antoni was being stubborn and had Shaq out there with 5 fouls. Pop wanted Shaq out. D'Antoni folded.

Heath Ledger
04-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Silly logic, if the Pistons and Celts meet dont you think they will beat each other up?

Pero
04-19-2008, 07:21 PM

?

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 07:22 PM

+1

Shaq also shot in the high 50s or low 60s for FTs in LA. There was no percentage in it. If you shoot 61% from the field and 51% from the FT line, it's stupid to NOT situationally foul him.

Amare_32
04-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Silly logic, if the Pistons and Celts meet dont you think they will beat each other up?

I agree but look at who they will play before that. Pistons will play the 76ers and then either Raptors or Magic. The Celts get the Hawks and then either the Wiz or the Cavs. Those teams are a far cry from playing the Lakers,Jazz,Rockets,Suns,Spurs,Mavs in a playoff series.

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 07:25 PM

2 FTs and the ball if you foul him without possession.

You'll notice he hardly touched the ball in ANY situtation NOT under two minutes in a period after that. Pretty effective ploy, especially after Amare went out. They didn't have a post game.

Don't get your panties in a wad, Laker fan. We did it twice to Skinner, too. He made 1-4. Don't bring those no FT shooting scrubs in to steal minutes, D'Antoni.

Overall, the ploy netted 3 posessions, 1-6 FTS in a game that went to 2 OTs. Effective.

Phenomanul
04-19-2008, 08:02 PM
2 FTs and the ball if you foul him without possession.

You'll notice he hardly touched the ball in ANY situtation NOT under two minutes in a period after that. Pretty effective ploy, especially after Amare went out. They didn't have a post game.

Don't get your panties in a wad, Laker fan. We did it twice to Skinner, too. He made 1-4. Don't bring those no FT shooting scrubs in to steal minutes, D'Antoni.

Overall, the ploy netted 3 posessions, 1-6 FTS in a game that went to 2 OTs. Effective.

+1

Pop's coaching strategy > D'Antoni's reactive coaching...

Phenomanul
04-19-2008, 08:07 PM

The change to award a possesion to the recipient team of a 'hacking strategy' is fairly recent. I don't think the rule is 9 years old...

Referee
04-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah Boyyyyy!:toast

ATXSPUR
04-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Shouldn't you be worrying about your game against Denver tommorow? They can be pretty tough in game 1's...Spurs fans know.

Avitus1
04-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Hack-A-Shaq = Classic.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-19-2008, 08:17 PM
A Lakers fan acting high and mighty! :lmao Now I've seen it all! Go ask Phil what he would do, bitch! :lol @ at the laker boy living in his own little reality.

O-Factor
04-19-2008, 08:21 PM

Please, dont try to use this excuse on why you don't "respect" the Spurs. Your a Laker fan you hate us anyway.

MarCowMar
04-19-2008, 08:22 PM
I thought the Hack a Shaq move was brilliant. It completely took the Suns out of their game, irritated Shaq, and bewildered D'Antoni. None of them saw it coming and it completely cracked me up.

That move was bested only by allowing Duncan to shoot the three. Pop had to have had dinner with Don Nelson before this game. :)

If Shaq doesn't want teams to keep doing this to him he should man up and shoot granny style.

jmard5
04-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Then learn how to shoot FTs. Obviously, Duncan did.

O'Neal's too proud to allow himself to learn that aspect of the game.

nfg3
04-19-2008, 08:46 PM

I disagree. Pop started to use that tactic when there was 6:09 left in the game. At the time they had only 4:09 to use it since when there is 2 minutes left in the period a foul like that entails FTs and the ball out of bounds to the same team. By fouling Shaq they conserve time and have the opportunity to cut into the lead due to his poor FT shooting ability. It was a smart move on Pop's part. Shaq is a liability when it comes to that. Many a team did it to Timmy, too. It's nothing new. Anyway that tactic made Jim Valvano famous at NC State and this tactic is used all the time at the college level, especially since thay have that imfamous 1 and 1 until the seventh foul.

DazedAndConfused
04-19-2008, 08:59 PM
The bottomline is it worked. Shaq missed his F/Ts and they converted on the other end. That's all Spurs fans and their organization cares about.

As an outside fan we all think it was a complete pussy ass move by a team that prides itself on being old-school and above playing with cheap tactics. They also did this to Brian Skinner in the game, clearly they don't believe they can beat the Suns playing straight up on defense. I just don't see a championship team needing to resort to those tactics in the 1st round.

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Please, dont try to use this excuse on why you don't "respect" the Spurs. Your a Laker fan you hate us anyway.

True Dat! But I always respected the Spurs. I think I'm at that point now where I DONT RESPECT Them. I can't give respect to a team that plays sissy ball! Man UP, Damnit!

ThomasGranger
04-19-2008, 09:21 PM
True Dat! But I always respected the Spurs. I think I'm at that point now where I DONT RESPECT Them. I can't give respect to a team that plays sissy ball! Man UP, Damnit!

:dramaquee

Nobody gives a shit whether or not you respect the Spurs.

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 09:24 PM
The bottomline is it worked. Shaq missed his F/Ts and they converted on the other end. That's all Spurs fans and their organization cares about.

As an outside fan we all think it was a complete pussy ass move by a team that prides itself on being old-school and above playing with cheap tactics. They also did this to Brian Skinner in the game, clearly they don't believe they can beat the Suns playing straight up on defense. I just don't see a championship team needing to resort to those tactics in the 1st round.

How is it a "pussy move"? It's the playoffs. You expose the other team's weakness and do what you can to win. DAntoni didn't HAVE to take Shaq out. He chose to do that on his own.

Not only that, it's a risky move for a team to do so it's not like a "pussy move" without repurcussions. Spurs were in the penalty after that. Which means sure DAntoni can take out Shaq, but if the rest of the Suns were smart, they would have played aggressive and driven to the lane to get foul shots and get to the line themselves.

Tek_XX
04-19-2008, 09:25 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by the move by Pop. I'm guessing he was saving it for the playoffs. It's a gutsy move considering it could blow up in your face but not today. Not only did Shaq miss the FT's but he had to sit for about 3 minutes. Looks to me like great basketball strategy. Who gives a fuck about whinny Laker fans.

BonnerDynasty
04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
:dramaquee

Nobody gives a shit whether or not you respect the Spurs.

twerd.

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 09:35 PM
How is it a "pussy move"? It's the playoffs. You expose the other team's weakness and do what you can to win. DAntoni didn't HAVE to take Shaq out. He chose to do that on his own.

I said that D'antonio made a bone head move by taking Shaq out. It weakened his team more than it would have by Shaq shooting freethrows.

Normally that tactic is used by inferior teams that feel like that is the only hope that they have to beat shaq's team.

That's the thing about the lakers tough opponents in the past that would never even think about using the hack a shaq. Detroit, Sac and the Spurs of yesterday. They would man up and win rather than trying unmanly tactics to win a game. Grabbing a man who's no where near the play. That's weak.

Hey it work, if that's how you do it, more power to you.

The league should change the rules where a foul away from the ball is one shot and the ball. That shit is sickening.

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 09:40 PM
So, is it also a pussy move to use our guards go at Shaq continuously when he had five fouls? You use the advantages you have. Teams have fouled Bowen before in an attempt to get him off the floor, and you don't see Spur fan get his or her panties all in a wad.

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 09:42 PM
I said that D'antonio made a bone head move by taking Shaq out. It weakened his team more than it would have by Shaq shooting freethrows.

Normally that tactic is used by inferior teams that feel like that is the only hope that they have to beat shaq's team.

That's the thing about the lakers tough opponents in the past that would never even think about using the hack a shaq. Detroit, Sac and the Spurs of yesterday. They would man up and win rather than trying unmanly tactics to win a game. Grabbing a man who's no where near the play. That's weak.

Hey it work, if that's how you do it, more power to you.

The league should change the rules where a foul away from the ball is one shot and the ball. That shit is sickening.

Or maybe, just maybe, players should work to get to a bare life support level of 60% FT shooting and then this shit wouldn't happen either. They already put in the two minute foul rule and the no charge circle for Shaq. How many rule changes should we implement for one fat out of control player?

LakeShow
04-19-2008, 09:43 PM
So, is it also a pussy move to use our guards go at Shaq continuously when he had five fouls? You use the advantages you have. Teams have fouled Bowen before in an attempt to get him off the floor, and you don't see Spur fan get his or her panties all in a wad.

No, that's basketball.

peskypesky
04-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Who didn't enjoy watching that no-class, big-mouth jerk miss three free throws in a row?:lol

peskypesky
04-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Hack-a-Shaq was a brilliant move today and contributed to our victory. I love it. Love it. Love it.

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 09:49 PM
No, that's basketball.

So are intentional fouls. Naismith probably put them into his first game plan.

DazedAndConfused
04-19-2008, 09:56 PM
I agree the NBA needs to do something more about the whole hack-a-Shaq thing. It needs to be an automatic foul shot and the ball back everytime you do it.

You're basically rewarding a team for not playing any defense at all and forcing the opposing team to take that player out if he's not hitting his F/T's. I'm old-school though and I just like to see basketball played out the right way.

PlayoffEx-static
04-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I agree the NBA needs to do something more about the whole hack-a-Shaq thing. It needs to be an automatic foul shot and the ball back everytime you do it.

You're basically rewarding a team for not playing any defense at all and forcing the opposing team to take that player out if he's not hitting his F/T's. I'm old-school though and I just like to see basketball played out the right way.

That would be rewarding players for making bad movies and rap albums over the summer instead of working on a simple thing like FTs.

DazedAndConfused
04-19-2008, 10:00 PM
^True dat. Shaq is one lazy ass mofo.

watertorture
04-19-2008, 10:09 PM
I agree the NBA needs to do something more about the whole hack-a-Shaq thing.

Yeah. The league should change the rules for Shaq again because he sucks at FT and his team is out-coached.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2008, 10:12 PM

Phyllis has done this once to the Spurs before with Bowen. Hey Pot, the kettle's calling.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2008, 10:14 PM

No, it needs to have fans who aren't such pussies about teams actually using strategy in basketball. Like yourself.

I think it's boring as fuck having Kobe dribble around for 20 seconds at the end of games, then throwing up some shot and yelling 'HEYYYY!' in case he misses hoping to draw a foul call, maybe the league can make a rule about that being illegal as well.

Yeah, that's the ticket. The fans of every team will get to ask for one rule to be implemented, mine is for Kobe to have to pass it off to Luke fucking Walton at the end of the game, watching Kobe dribble around all the fucking time is boring.

See, ain't it fun?

cornbread
04-19-2008, 10:15 PM

Or Shaq could learn to make freethrows like every other basketball player in the world works to do. And you want to reward him for his ineptitude at the line with special rules? Maybe they should start giving half points for his missed freethrows. Would that make you feel better?

"I'm old school.":lol
Don't kid yourself. You're just a whiner.

Spuradicator
04-20-2008, 12:06 AM

Oh No! What are we to do!

Like we really give a shit what you respect?

Spuradicator
04-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Funny, we beat the Suns and the Laker fans get all butthurt over it.

Spurminator
04-20-2008, 12:13 AM
We fouled Shaq intentionally one time. Once. Even if you don't care for the strategy, it's not like this was some kind of theme running through the game.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 12:18 AM

Sissy ball:lol Thats what I think of when I watch the Lakers play. I guess you missed the part of the game where the Spurs manned up and went balls to the wall to take the win.

Besides, a douche like you doesn't have to like us, you just have to watch us win another.....:lobt2:

LilMissSPURfect
04-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day. Tool

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Why not?

That fat fuck was brought in to help them win, so that fat fuck better win ti on the free throuw line as well.

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:22 AM
That douche bag Lakeshow will respect the Spurs when they win the 'ship this year.

So, fuck him.

LakerMagic
04-20-2008, 12:23 AM

I thought the same thing! Bad form Spurs, bad form. I lost alot of respect for the former champs today. Championship ball clubs don't do that. Shame on popovich.

LilMissSPURfect
04-20-2008, 12:26 AM
I thought the same thing! Bad form Spurs, bad form. I lost alot of respect for the former champs today. Championship ball clubs don't do that. Shame on popovich.

weeeeeez da champs fool !!! not FORMER :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:26 AM

Who give s afuck about your respect.

You can respectg us all you want when we win our 5th.

Fuck you asshole, you don't remember HIV-Boy coming down on I. Tomas because he couldn't find any other way to win.

Fuck you and you're piece of shit Laker boys.

daslicer
04-20-2008, 12:27 AM
I posted this another thread but I will post it here since it also applies here.

Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
You should be happy Shaq is on the Suns. Now you can play hack-a-Shaq like cowards.

You are honestly a walking vagina seriously lol I can atleast respect trolls knowing ahead of time they are biased as hell but you are nothing but a bitch with sour grapes. Its obvious we know you are hater and you were probably jumping up and down with joy when the spurs were down by 16 and now just pissed off because the spurs won. I willing to bet money you are praying that the spurs will get eliminated in round 1 so the lakers won't have to deal with them. We can only hope LA loses tommorow that would be injury to insult to you.

Also hack Shaq was a great strategy that paid off it disrupted the suns momentum along with getting him benched which was the goal. Don't give me that shit it was cowardly. This is a mans game bitch nobody has mercy for a opposing players weakness when it comes to winning. If a player cant go left you are going to force him left.

PS by your logic the '98 bulls were cowardly for doing hack a Dale Davis when they were losing by several points late in the 4th quarter of game 7 to the Pacers. They should have been honorable and instead played great defense without having to resort to that cowardly tactic. You know MJ,Pippen,Rodman and Phill Jackson were cowards for doing that. Oh shit isn't Phill your coach so your team is coached by a coward who believes in the same strategy as Pop.

I'm done with you bitch

LakerMagic
04-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Who give s afuck about your respect.

You can respectg us all you want when we win our 5th.

Fuck you asshole, you don't remember HIV-Boy coming down on I. Tomas because he couldn't find any other way to win.

Fuck you and you're piece of shit Laker boys.

No, Fuck you. Real nice with the HIV smack. Very classy asshole.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 12:28 AM
The Spurs are the last team I would expect to resort to these tactics. I was definitely surprised to see them do that with so much time left in the game. It definitely shows how desperate they are to repeat this year and how little faith Popovich has in his team's ability to defend the Suns straight up.

FYI, the Spurs lost Game 1 in 2003, 2005, and 2007. They still went on to win it all. There is still much basketball left to be played guys. Don't start sizing up those rings just yet.....

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 12:29 AM

We are seeing the Spurs fans true colors. Resorting to HIV smack??? Fucking pathetic. They know what Pop did was a pussy ass move, other-wise they wouldn't be so pissed off.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 12:31 AM
I have sand in my vagina, someone help me get it out

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:31 AM

Did it hurt you?

Did it hurt your HIV infested asshoele?

Fuck you, you piece of shit.

Talk smack to us IF you get to see us later on.

Until then, go fuck yourself.

LakerMagic
04-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Did it hurt you?

Did it hurt your HIV infested asshoele?

Fuck you, you piece of shit.

Talk smack to us IF you get to see us later on.

Until then, go fuck yourself.

IM CALLING IT RIGHT NOW, IF THE SPURS GET TO THE WCF, THE LAKERS WILL BEAT THEM IN 5.

Talk shit then asshole!

DazedAndConfused
See, instead of actually debating the issue at hand Spurs fans are resorting to pathetic HIV smack and personal insults. A true sign of someone who has no argument.

Aggie Hoopsfan
We are seeing the Spurs fans true colors. Resorting to HIV smack??? Fucking pathetic. They know what Pop did was a pussy ass move, other-wise they wouldn't be so pissed off.

It's not a pussy move. It's part of the game. Just like taking a knee in football, having Kobe be a ball hog in the fourth quarter, Phil crying to the press about games being physical, etc.

People are pissed off because you and your fudgepacking buddies from Lakerground or whatever the fuck it is are over here bitching about the Spurs winning, all because you're hoping and praying anyone in the West takes care of the Spurs so your precious Fakers won't have to go up against them.

THAT's the pussy move. Pussy move from pussy fans of a pussy team.

peewee's lovechild

Pussy move is getting you GM to hire some retarded, cross eyed goon two feet taller than anyone else to foul the leagues greates plaery to have an edge.

Go fuck yourself.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 12:35 AM
See, instead of actually debating the issue at hand Spurs fans are resorting to pathetic HIV smack and personal insults. A true sign of someone who has no argument.

This coming from someone calling a coach a pussy for employing Hack-a-Shaq. Personal insults. Clearly the sign sign of someone who has no argument.

http://www.caam.rice.edu/~hn5115/pics/misc/owned.jpg

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:35 AM

are you hurt?

Do you have HIV because of all your gay sex?

are you Speaking for all the gay fuckers in the world?

Fuck you and your homo-boy Magic.

You just can't stand the facdt that we kicked your ass tonight eventhough every one said it wasn'[t going to happen.

Go killyourself.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Blah, blah blah, blah blah, blah blah, blah, blah blah, troll smack, blah blah blah blah, blah.

:flag:

Buddy Holly
04-20-2008, 12:37 AM

You mean like your beloved Lakers? Or is not "pussy ass move" when they do it? :rollin

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 12:38 AM
It's not a pussy move. It's part of the game. Just like taking a knee in football, having Kobe be a ball hog in the fourth quarter, Phil crying to the press about games being physical, etc.

People are pissed off because you and your fudgepacking buddies from Lakerground or whatever the fuck it is are over here bitching about the Spurs winning, all because you're hoping and praying anyone in the West takes care of the Spurs so your precious Fakers won't have to go up against them.

THAT's the pussy move. Pussy move from pussy fans of a pussy team.

Last I checked we just got done bitch-slapping the Spurs by 20+ pts.

Bring it. If you can even make it to the WCF.

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Pathetic excuses

Blame the Spurs for being too good, don't make stupid critiques

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 12:39 AM
are you hurt?

Do you have HIV because of all your gay sex?

are you Speaking for all the gay fuckers in the world?

Fuck you and your homo-boy Magic.

You just can't stand the facdt that we kicked your ass tonight eventhough every one said it wasn'[t going to happen.

Go killyourself.

Really the Spurs kicked the Laker's ass today? What game were you watching dumbshit? Stop drinking.....

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 12:39 AM

LOLOLOLOL, ONE person talks HIV smack and suddenly its Spurs fans. :lol Shut the fuck up with your weak troll shit.

Thats what you get when you cross PeeWee's path. He's relentless and will attack if provoked.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 12:40 AM

Regular Season thread.

DazedAndConfused
You mean like your beloved Lakers? Or is not "pussy ass move" when they do it? :rollin

Name me the times when the Lakers have done this in the 2nd quarter and then again in the 4th with 6 minutes to go.

MaNuMaNiAc
Yo peewee! Calm the fuck down with the HIV smack talk alright?! I dislike these Laker fucking trolls as much as the next Spurs fan, but you're going way the fuck out of line here bro.

Talking trash is all well and good, but there's boundaries one shouldn't cross. Fucking learn where they are already!

Kindergarten Cop
Also hack Shaq was a great strategy that paid off it disrupted the suns momentum along with getting him benched which was the goal. Don't give me that shit it was cowardly. This is a mans game bitch nobody has mercy for a opposing players weakness when it comes to winning. If a player cant go left you are going to force him left.

PS by your logic the '98 bulls were cowardly for doing hack a Dale Davis when they were losing by several points late in the 4th quarter of game 7 to the Pacers. They should have been honorable and instead played great defense without having to resort to that cowardly tactic. You know MJ,Pippen,Rodman and Phill Jackson were cowards for doing that. Oh shit isn't Phill your coach so your team is coached by a coward who believes in the same strategy as Pop.

I'm done with you bitch

No response from the Lakers' fans?:owned

DespЏrado
04-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Egh I could care less whether we used hack a shaq to get the game within striking distance.

1) If a team trades for Shaq they should know that the strategy will be used against them at least once in the playoffs. The fact that it caught the entire state of Phoenix off guard is laughable. Antoni looked like a fool with his pants around his ankles...He acted like that it never occurred to him that such a strategy would ever be used against his team ever. For that reason alone it was worth it.

2) Shaq took himself out of the game by missing the free throws with one do over thrown in to boot.

3) A lot of game was played after we fouled Shaq once in the fourth quarter. In fact 12 whole minutes were available in which Shaq played.

4) Fuck off Lakers fans for being so myopic that you forgot employing the same tactic against Bruce Bowen.

5) Fuck Shaq. His ego is big enough as it is.

-And stop with the HIV smack talk that's weak Spurs fans. Stay classy.

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Really the Spurs kicked the Laker's ass today? What game were you watching dumbshit? Stop drinking.....

Your probably praying and thanking whatever pathetic god you jack off to that it wasn't the Spurs you were facing on the first round.

Go suck Magic's HIV dick.

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 12:42 AM
If shaq had learned how to shoot FT's from his 10+ years in the nba...this wouldn't have happened.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 12:43 AM
The Spurs did it in the 2ND QUARTER against Brian Skinner. It wasn't just the 4th.

MaNuMaNiAc
and Dazed, quit bitching like you didn't have a coach that would do shit like this and more. Phil will do ANYTHING to win championships and you know it. Anyway, we're coming for your sorry ass Lakers, with or without your fucking respect :lmao

O-Factor
Name me the times when the Lakers have done this in the 2nd quarter and then again in the 4th with 6 minutes to go.

I'll tell you whats pussy, How about Kobe smacking Manu in the face, trashing his own team, GM, Coach, and Bynum. Demanding a trade, taking it back, demanding it again, cheating on your wife, etc, etc, etc.

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Yo peewee! Calm the fuck down with the HIV smack talk alright?! I dislike these Laker fucking trolls as much as the next Spurs fan, but you're going way the fuck out of line here bro.

Talking trash is all well and good, but there's boundaries one shouldn't cross. Fucking learn where they are already!

Fuck you.

YOu're with us or against us.

These pussy Lakers and Suns trolls are using the freedom of speech Kori and LJ give against us.

Are we just going to take it??

Fuck no!!!

If they want to come in here and talk shit, they better be ready to take it as wel.

And, if you don't like it, stay the fuck out and come in when the dust settles.

Fuck you if your too weak to chime in.

Newton
04-20-2008, 12:46 AM
This is a mans game bitch nobody has mercy for a opposing players weakness when it comes to winning. If a player cant go left you are going to force him left.

The above really should end this ridiculous fucking argument, but it won't.

Aggie Hoopsfan

Where should I send your regular season meaningless game trophy? :lmao

Bend over and I'll send it right up your ass.

LakerMagic
Ah, fuck it I don't care who wins this series. My mind is on the nuggets.

DespЏrado
Dude Chill out Peewee. Seriously go have a beer and relax. We won the game remember.

peewee's lovechild
I'll tell you whats pussy, How about Kobe smacking Manu in the face, trashing his own team, GM, Coach, and Bynum. Demanding a trade, taking it back, demanding it again, cheating on your wife, etc, etc, etc.

nevermind raping a woman and making it seem like you were a saint through it all.

Exactly why did he buy his wife a pink $50,000,000 after he raped that bitch??

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 12:47 AM

Dude, we've been over this. Phyllis did it to Bowen a couple of years back.

http://go-dl3.eve-files.com/media/0608/pot_kettle_black.jpg

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Dude Chill out Peewee. Seriously go have a beer and relax. We won the game remember.

Yeah, I do remember.

And, I remember all these cocksuckers talking shit.

They better take it the way they dish it.

Buddy Holly
04-20-2008, 12:48 AM

Bitch, watch a Spurs vs. Lakers game from 2004 and you'll see it. It was a deliberate hacking of Bruce in the same way the Spurs and countless other teams do to Shaq. I can't fucking remember at what points in the game they occurred but why the fuck does that matter Puss?

BiZNicK
lol @ the stupid laker fan...acting like this hackashaq decided the game. it was done once or twice, get over it. Suns were up the whole game. Suns had TWO last shot possessions that could have won the game. They lost in 2OT, not the 4th qtr.

peewee's lovechild
Ah, fuck it I don't care who wins this series. My mind is on the nuggets.

And yet, you're posting here you stupid bitch.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Dude, we've been over this. Phyllis did it to Bowen a couple of years back.

GayandConfused is a casual fan, therefore he can't remember.

Aggie Hoopsfan
The Spurs did it in the 2ND QUARTER against Brian Skinner. It wasn't just the 4th.

Who gives a fuck? Hack-a-bricker is no more a pussy move than Phil Jackson crying in the press before a game to influence the officials.

That, or Kobe demanding for Cupcheck to trade Scoobie Snaqs or else.

Or Kobe fucking a hotel skank in Colorado and trying to deny it.

DespЏrado
Yeah, I do remember.

And, I remember all these cocksuckers talking shit.

They better take it the way they dish it.

And the lakers aren't going to be a threat to the Spurs. Save the smack talk for legitimate threats like the Celtics and the Suns.

The Laker's fans just aren't worth it. Their team is just this years paper champions, and the wet dream of TV executives hoping for a celtics-lakers finals of the old glory days.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 12:50 AM
GayandConfused is a casual fan, therefore he can't remember.

It's not even that. He used to be a Detroit fan. Before that a Lakers fan. Before that a Bulls fan. Then a Rockettes fan.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 12:51 AM
And the lakers aren't going to be a threat to the Spurs. Save the smack talk for legitimate threats like the Celtics and the Suns.

The Laker's fans just aren't worth it. Their team is just this years paper champions.

No shit, I expect to see Utah in the WCF again. though I think the hornets will give us a good series aswell.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 12:52 AM
It's not even that. He used to be a Detroit fan. Before that a Lakers fan. Before that a Bulls fan. Then a Rockettes fan.

The classic bandwagon fan.

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 12:53 AM

The Laker's fans just aren't worth it. Their team is just this years paper champions, and the wet dream of TV executives hoping for a celtics-lakers finals of the old glory days.

Orale.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Haha, this is hilarious. Spurs fans are literally self-destructing.

HIV, Kobe's rape trials, Colorado, Andrew Bynum.........what the fuck does any of that have to do with the Spurs being pussies today??? Face it, you know Pop was a pussy today and you have nothing to backup your argument so you resort to name calling.

And just because you say Phil Jackson did it before doesn't make it true. Give me proof that Phil did a hack-a-bowen in the 2nd quarter and then again in the 4th with 6 minutes to go. If you can I'll shutup

Buddy Holly
04-20-2008, 12:57 AM
I posted this another thread but I will post it here since it also applies here.

You should be happy Shaq is on the Suns. Now you can play hack-a-Shaq like cowards.

You are honestly a walking vagina seriously lol I can atleast respect trolls knowing ahead of time they are biased as hell but you are nothing but a bitch with sour grapes. Its obvious we know you are hater and you were probably jumping up and down with joy when the spurs were down by 16 and now just pissed off because the spurs won. I willing to bet money you are praying that the spurs will get eliminated in round 1 so the lakers won't have to deal with them. We can only hope LA loses tommorow that would be injury to insult to you.

I'm done with you bitch

http://marksautoupholstering.com/images/waiting.gif

DespЏrado
04-20-2008, 12:57 AM

HIV, Kobe's rape trials, Colorado, Andrew Bynum.........what the fuck does any of that have to do with the Spurs being pussies today??? Face it, you know Pop was a pussy today and you have nothing to backup your argument so you resort to name calling.

And just because you say Phil Jackson did it before doesn't make it true. Give me proof that Phil did a hack-a-bowen in the 2nd quarter and then again in the 4th with 6 minutes to go. If you can I'll shutup

Paper Champion.

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 01:00 AM

You fucking piece of shit.

You call us pussies because we won??

How fucking reatarded are you?

Were you dropped as a baby?
Did your father, uncle, or grandfather fuck your mother on her ninth month wehere their dicks touched the soft spot on your head?

Your Lakers post-Shaq have proved absolutely nothing.

The Spurs won today.

That's all there is to it.

If your fucking stupid ass can't wrap it's way around that fact, it will only explain how retarded you are.

Worry about getting past the first round, then you can talk shit about the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS.

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 01:02 AM
funny...

Laker fans falling into the media hype and actually thing they can win the west, LOL

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:03 AM

Ignore the drunk guy talking HIV smack.

Spurs have won 11 of 12 in the playoffs, 7 straight, you can stick that in your pussy and smoke it.

Give you the proof? :lmao I typed in 'Phil Jackson is a pussy' in the youtube search, but nothing came up, sorry. I'll get to work dubbing those old SA-LA playoff games and have your proof within the hour. Or not.

I don't give a shit if you shut up or not. You look like a chump coming on here to whine. I know you're trying to troll, but you're about as good at it as Shaq is shooting FTs.

You're on a Spurs board at 1 AM with your panties in your crack over the Spurs fouling Shaq exactly once intentionally. :lol Time for mommy to call you up from the basement and tuck you in.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 01:03 AM
blah blah blah troll banter blah blah blah

:nope

21_Blessings
04-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Fatty should learn how to shoot free throws. He doesn't have Kobe around to bail him out anymore

Buddy Holly
I'd love to get an answer to this.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INTENTIONALLY FOULING A PLAYER WITH 20 SECONDS LEFT AND DOWN BY 4 OR 5 AND INTENTIONALLY FOULING A PLAYER AT ANY OTHER TIME IN THE GAME?

LakeShow
Who gives a fuck? Hack-a-bricker is no more a pussy move than Phil Jackson crying in the press before a game to influence the officials.

That, or Kobe demanding for Cupcheck to trade Scoobie Snaqs or else.

Or Kobe fucking a hotel skank in Colorado and trying to deny it.

Did he cry like this?

Spurs, Duncan worry about ref backlash

Star hopes 'we get a fair shake' in playoffs after Crawford's suspension

http://media3.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070417/070417_crawford_vmed_12p.widec.jpgAndrew D. Bernstein / NBAE/Getty Images
Referee Joey Crawford is shown in a file photo from last year.

http://media1.msnbc.com/i/msnbc/Components/Sources/Art/APTRANS.gifupdated 10:06 p.m. PT, Wed., April. 18, 2007

NEW YORK - Spurs star Tim Duncan said he hopes he and his teammates “get a fair shake” from officials in the wake of NBA referee Joey Crawford’s suspension.
NBA commissioner David Stern suspended Crawford, who has worked more postseason games than any active ref, indefinitely on Tuesday for his conduct toward Duncan during a game Sunday. His suspension will last at least through the NBA finals.
“I didn’t do anything to invoke the reaction that he gave to me and what he did, so I had nothing to do with that,” Duncan said after practice Wednesday. “So hopefully they take that into consideration and we get a fair shake from everybody.”
Story continues below ↓ (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/18124750/site/21683474/#storyContinued)Duncan’s comments Wednesday were his first since Crawford’s suspension.

Crawford ejected Duncan from San Antonio’s loss to Dallas on Sunday after calling a second technical foul on the Spurs star while he was laughing on the bench.
“He looked at me and said, ’Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?”’ Duncan said after the incident. “If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don’t have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, ’Do you want to fight?”’

Crawford was cited for “improper conduct” and “inappropriate comments made to Duncan during the game.” Stern said Crawford’s actions “failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees.”
“Especially in light of similar prior acts by this official, a significant suspension is warranted,” Stern said in a statement. “Although Joey is consistently rated as one of our top referees, he must be held accountable for his actions on the floor, and we will have further discussions with him following the season to be sure he understands his responsibilities.”
Duncan said Wednesday that his part of the incident was “absolutely minimal.”
The NBA fined Duncan $25,000 for verbal abuse of an official. Crawford said Duncan referred to him with an expletive.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/images/icons/slideshow.gif

“I thought my reaction was mild for what happened,” Duncan said. “But I understand why the fine was made.”
Asked if he was surprised at the length of Crawford’s suspension, Duncan said he didn’t know what to expect, but “I didn’t know it was going to be that much.”
“They thought that’s what fit the crime,” he said.
Duncan repeatedly stressed that he had nothing to do with the NBA’s decision.
“The whole thing is an unfortunate situation,” he said. “I didn’t want to be a part of it in the first place.”
© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:06 AM
AHF's corollary on internet Laker fans.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/admiralahab/trolltheory.jpg

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
the game wasn't decided by fouling shaq...

They were up the whole game
They were up in the first OT

The missed TWO last possession, potential game-winning shots. Suns just FAILED.

Buddy Holly
04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Is Los Angeles so pathetic and boring that these lame ass trolls have NOTHING better to do at 11 pm?

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 01:09 AM
So we beat the Suns in an epic come from behind game where we would NOT be denied a win and Lakerfan shit, pees, and bleeds all over his panites???

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Deflect, deflect, deflect. You guys are good little Republicans.

LakeShow
04-20-2008, 01:10 AM

I'm done with you bitch

LATE in the fourth! The Spurs did it like daze said in the first half and in the 4th quarter with more than half the quarter to play, down by 5 fucking points! That's a big difference and the sissy thing to do, imo. I've called all of the teams pussies who's done it in the past, the spurs get no pass. It was PUNKISH!

cherylsteele
04-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Let's see what Phil does with Kenyon Martin and his .580 FT %.

Buddy Holly
04-20-2008, 01:12 AM

Mother fucker, you've ignored every retort to your pussified argument.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:12 AM
LakeShow - Nope, he's just not as good at crying as Kobe.

http://www.spursdynasty.com/uploaded_images/Kobe_cries-775584.jpg

http://www.offsidz.com/uploaded_images/Kobe-Bryant-778334.jpg

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/kobe_001.jpg

http://www.themightymjd.com/uploaded_images/kobesskirt-788605.jpg

Buddy Holly
04-20-2008, 01:13 AM
LATE in the fourth! The Spurs did it like daze said in the first half and in the 4th quarter with more than half the quarter to play, down by 5 fucking points! That's a big difference and the sissy thing to do, imo. I've called all of the teams pussies who's done it in the past, the spurs get no pass. It was PUNKISH!

So it's fair to say you called the Lakers pussies before? Come on be honest.

And none of you Laker trolls has answered by size 5 question in bold.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INTENTIONALLY FOULING A PLAYER WITH 20 SECONDS LEFT AND DOWN BY 4 OR 5 AND INTENTIONALLY FOULING A PLAYER AT ANY OTHER TIME IN THE GAME?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:15 AM

Almost as good as you are at creating multiple accounts to troll another team's BB.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:16 AM

So are you calling your Lakers pussies?

Yes or no.

Question.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:21 AM
But but but but we beat you in a meaningless regular season game [/Fakers fan]

LakeShow
04-20-2008, 01:23 AM
So it's fair to say you called the Lakers pussies before? Come on be honest.

And none of you Laker trolls has answered by size 5 question in bold.

Off the ball fouls make for some bushleague play. I was really enjoying the game until that point. Just completely turned me off. Man up, foul the man with the ball. With more than half the quarter, im sure Shaq would have gotten the ball again. Don't just throw in the towel and say, we can't stop this team. We better start fouling Shaq and hope he misses freethrows! WEAK!

Wilt Chamberlain and the off-the-ball foul rule

Chamberlain was such a great player and dominant force that he would be certain to be on the floor in late-game situations if the score was close. However, he was such a poor free throw shooter (51% over his career) that if the opposition needed to employ intentional fouling late in the game, Chamberlain would always be that team's target. Just as the opposition was eager to send Chamberlain to the free throw line because of his ineptitude there, Chamberlain himself was reluctant to go for that same reason. This led to the spectacle of virtually an entire other contest being held away from the ball and almost completely outside of the basketball game being played, as Chamberlain essentially played a de facto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto) game of tag (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_%28game%29) with defenders, attempting to run from and dodge them as they chased him trying to foul him.
The NBA decided to address this undesirable situation by instituting a new rule regarding off-the-ball fouls — that is, committing a personal foul against an offensive player who neither has the ball nor is making an effort to obtain it. The new rule stated that if the defensive team commits an off-the-ball foul within the last two minutes of the game, the offensive team would be allowed to keep possession of the ball after the awarding of either one or two free throws. Since the entire reason for employing intentional fouling as a strategy was to quickly terminate the offensive team's possession, this new rule, when in effect, forced the team using intentional fouling to foul only the offensive player who had the ball. This brought an end to the need for Chamberlain, or any other poor free throw shooter, to play "hide and seek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hide_and_seek)" with opposing defenders in intentional fouling situations.

The reason they have that rule is that fouling someone off-the-ball looks foolish . . . Some of the funniest things I ever saw were players that used to chase [Wilt Chamberlain] like it was hide-and-seek. Wilt would run away from people, and the league changed the rule based on how silly that looked.
-- Pat Riley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Riley)[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack-a-Shaq#cite_note-6)

Louie Vega
04-20-2008, 01:23 AM

I can't believe the Lakers are a 1 seed. So sad. The Lakers are a 1 seed and they still won't win the title. Something tells me a repeat of last year will take place between the 1 and 8 seeds! BOOK IT!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:24 AM
I was really enjoying the game until that point. Just completely turned me off.

Oh no, I'm sure the Spurs are devastated that you got turned off by it.

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Did he cry like this?

No, Kobe just told reporters that Shaq paid his whores off so they wouldn't talk t o the media to take attention off the fact that he raped a Colorado hotel maid.

Oh, you probably don't want to remember that.

You don't remember Kobe being such a pussy that he just felt the need to bring his best freind Shaq down with him??

Ohhhhhhhhhh, you don't want to remembe that shit, . . . do you, you fucking cock sucking pussy?

That's right . . . you're showing just how much of a faggot you are.

peewee's lovechild
04-20-2008, 01:29 AM
I was really enjoying the game until that point.

That was the point where you realized that your raping, HIV infested Lakers wouldn't stand a chance against The Spurs.

Don't worry, many teams have come to terms with this.

You losers should form a club.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 01:34 AM
LAKER TROLLS UNITE!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/dickbradleyg/gay.jpg

LakeShow
04-20-2008, 01:38 AM
This is the official San Antonio Spurs fall from grace thread! You have officially joined the Mark Cubans and Don Nelsons of the league. Whining, crying, sending videotapes to the league, telling on a 55 year old man for threatening to beat up Duncan, taking out full page ads asking for preferential treatment and now the HACK a SHAQ. Pathetic!:jack

:fro

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 01:41 AM
This is the official San Antonio Spurs fall from grace thread! You have officially joined the Mark Cubans and Don Nelsons of the league. Whining, crying, sending videotapes to the league, telling on a 55 year old man for threatening to beat up Duncan, taking out full page ads asking for preferential treatment and now the HACK a SHAQ. Pathetic!:jack

:fro

WRONG, this is the official Laker troll "come out day" thread.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:43 AM
This is the official I have no life, a two inch penis, live in my parent's basement, and do a poor job as a Lakers fan of trolling a Spurs site thread

fify.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-20-2008, 01:43 AM

Dude, that's just stupid. He did do it. And, You don't need proof. HE FUCKING DID. 10 years from now I doubt people will have footage of what we did. Does that mean we didn't do it? NO. But it happened, evidence or no evidence, just like when Phil used hack a Bowen.

Xylus
04-20-2008, 01:46 AM
I thought the Hack-a-Skinner in the 2nd quarter was a desperate move made in poor taste, something I never expected a coach like Popovich to resort to. It's the only complaint I have about the Spurs in this game. But the move ultimately worked, so congratulations to him.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 01:48 AM
What do the Los Angeles Lakers have to do with the subject of this thread? That's right, NOTHING. Spurs fans can't defend what Pop did because they know it was a pussy ass thing to do.

All they can do is try and make fun of the Lakers who have absolutely nothing to do with this 1st round battle between the Suns and the Spurs. HIV, Kobe rape trials, Andrew Bynum.......you guys make Suns fans look intelligent.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 01:49 AM
I thought the Hack-a-Skinner in the 2nd quarter was a desperate move made in poor taste, something I never expected a coach like Popovich to resort to. It's the only complaint I have about the Spurs in this game. But the move ultimately worked, so congratulations to him.

Exactly, it was a DESPERATION move in the 2nd quarter. This wasn't an end of game thing, it was the 2nd freaking quarter. Yes it worked, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a pussy ass little bitch move. Pop lost a lot of respect IMHO with that desperation play.

Suns fans should not be worried about their team. They came into SAS and dominated for nearly the entire game. Save some completely idiotic blunders in the clutch and they walk away with an easy win.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-20-2008, 01:50 AM
This is getting stupid. Sports is about exploiting flaws.

You guys simply have a huge flaw and we took advantage of it.

Quit bitching.

sabar
04-20-2008, 01:51 AM
The opus is on the player to hit the free throws.
And I am 100% certain Phil Jackson has intentionally fouled in hopes of the other players missing so that the Lakers get another possession to win.

You know, that THING AT THE END OF GAMES THAT ALL TRAILING TEAMS IN THE NBA DO?

I guess Phil doesn't trust his players to be able to force a turnover when trailing at the end of games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
What do the Los Angeles Lakers have to do with the subject of this thread? That's right, NOTHING. Spurs fans can't defend what Pop did because they know it was a pussy ass thing to do.

All they can do is try and make fun of the Lakers who have absolutely nothing to do with this 1st round battle between the Suns and the Spurs. HIV, Kobe rape trials, Andrew Bynum.......you guys make Suns fans look intelligent.

Again, you called Pop a pussy for resorting to this strategy. Phil Jackson has done it before, to the Spurs no less. So you're calling your coach a pussy.

Thanks for playing.

O-Factor

You play with fire, you get burned troll.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/Trekshon/StickFigureBurning.gif

Ronaldo McDonald
04-20-2008, 01:52 AM
It won us the fucking game. Bottom line.

Xylus
04-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Exactly, it was a DESPERATION move in the 2nd quarter. This wasn't an end of game thing, it was the 2nd freaking quarter. Yes it worked, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a pussy ass little bitch move. Pop lost a lot of respect IMHO with that desperation play.

Suns fans should not be worried about their team. They came into SAS and dominated for nearly the entire game. Save some completely idiotic blunders in the clutch and they walk away with an easy win.

I'm not worried yet. The media is trying to paint the Suns as a demoralized team, but they're going to bring the same intensity in Game 2... hopefully without the boneheaded mistakes late in the game. The Suns could have put this game away so many times, but failed to execute on 4 or 5 different plays. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Again, you called Pop a pussy for resorting to this strategy. Phil Jackson has done it before, to the Spurs no less. So you're calling your coach a pussy.

Thanks for playing.

Phil Jackson has never done it in the 2nd quarter and then again with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. That is a complete PUSSY ass move and you know it.

DespЏrado
04-20-2008, 01:55 AM

What business did Skinner have playing in one of the most hard fought game 1s in nba playoff memory?:lmao

This is so lame.

The game was fan-fucking-tastic to watch, and if you didn't like the way it was played tough shit. It still made for one of the best games in nba playoff history. It's called drama, and this game had it all. It wouldn't have been such a good game if both teams didn't have to try every trick in their bag to try and win. It wouldn't have been an instant classic if both teams hadn't scraped every effort they had into gutting out a victory.

Seriously would you have enjoyed if the Spurs curled up and just let you beat them? I mean that's what this is about anyways. You just want the spurs to just let the suns win. That shit aint gonna happen. You got to take this :lobt: shit from us. You gotta earn it.

And so far your team has earned exactly shit.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Phil Jackson has never done it in the 2nd quarter and then again with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. That is a complete PUSSY ass move and you know it.

Why is anyone responding to this moron?

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm not worried yet. The media is trying to paint the Suns as a demoralized team, but they're going to bring the same intensity in Game 2... hopefully without the boneheaded mistakes late in the game. The Suns could have put this game away so many times, but failed to execute on 4 or 5 different plays. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

And Im not satisfied yet. I know the series has just begun and suns can jump in the drivers seat if they win on Tuesday. I don't expect a demoralized team at all from the Suns. So the Spurs need to play 4 Quarters this time so they don't have to go balls out in the second half again. What a game that should be.

LakeShow
04-20-2008, 01:58 AM
The opus is on the player to hit the free throws.
And I am 100% certain Phil Jackson has intentionally fouled in hopes of the other players missing so that the Lakers get another possession to win.

You know, that THING AT THE END OF GAMES THAT ALL TRAILING TEAMS IN THE NBA DO?

I guess Phil doesn't trust his players to be able to force a turnover when trailing at the end of games.

You get no argument here but we're not talking about the END OF THE GAME HERE!

Xylus
04-20-2008, 01:59 AM
What business did Skinner have playing in one of the most hard fought game 1s in nba playoff memory?:lmao

This is so lame.

The game was fan-fucking-tastic to watch, and if you didn't like the way it was played tough shit. It still made for one of the best games in nba playoff history. It's called drama, and this game had it all. It wouldn't have been such a good game if both teams didn't have to try every trick in their bag to try and win. It wouldn't have been an instant classic if both teams hadn't scraped every effort they had into gutting out a victory.

Seriously would you have enjoyed if the Spurs curled up and just let you beat them? I mean that's what this is about anyways. You just want the spurs to just let the suns win. That shit aint gonna happen. You got to take this :lobt: shit from us. You gotta earn it.

And so far your team has earned exactly shit.

:lol What the fuck? I said it was the only complaint I had about the game. I've called this game the best playoff game I've ever seen... I don't think the Spurs cheated to get the win, but I think this particular move was a little cheap.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 01:59 AM

Phil has done it in the second half of a game before. That is a complete pussy move. By your logic it doesn't matter when it happens, it's still a pussy move.

So Phil Jackson is a pussy.

This is fun. :blah

And even if it's a pussy move, it's not as pussy as a Lakers fan hoping that the Suns beat SA so the Fakeshow doesn't have to play SA in the playoffs.

Xylus
04-20-2008, 02:00 AM
And Im not satisfied yet. I know the series has just begun and suns can jump in the drivers seat if they win on Tuesday. I don't expect a demoralized team at all from the Suns. So the Spurs need to play 4 Quarters this time so they don't have to go balls out in the second half again. What a game that should be.

I expect the same type of game on Tuesday...

The Suns build a lead, the Spurs erase it late in the 4th quarter, and the game is decided on a single play. Hopefully, my team can execute like it needs to.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Yup the Spurs did it in the 2nd quarter and again midway through the 4th. How that translates into the end of the game is beyond me. Spurs fans are freaking delusional.

I can't believe they are actually gloating about their win, they escaped from the jaws of defeat and snatched a win they shouldn't have won. Yet they act like they dominated the Suns. When it takes double OT on your own homecourt to beat a team by 2 points, that's not domination.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Phil Jackson is a pussy. That is all.

jmard5
04-20-2008, 02:02 AM

It is the same thing. If you reported for work late by 2 minutes or 30 minutes... you are still late.

I was also caught off-guard by Pop's hack-a-shaq. But it was a CIA move and a brilliant strategy. D'Antoni folded. Pop was not in the CIA for nothing.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 02:04 AM
9 > 4.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 02:08 AM
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-06/15/xin_3206021509191403257111.jpg = http://www.picturesofcats.co.uk/birman/webpics/CAT%20FUEGO%201.jpg

DespЏrado
04-20-2008, 02:11 AM
:lol What the fuck? I said it was the only complaint I had about the game. I've called this game the best playoff game I've ever seen... I don't think the Spurs cheated to get the win, but I think this particular move was a little cheap.

It was a gimmick, and like most gimmicks it works in very short unexpected intervals. But its no less valid because Pop was smart enough to use a little gamesmanship to get an edge.

Phil uses gamesmanship to work the refs through the media all of the time. Phil has employed gamesmanship by hacking Bowen. Phil has done everything you are accusing Pop of and more, but the difference is that it is out of character for the Spurs. In other words they treat it as a Gimmick that they rarely rely on which is exactly why it was so effective tonight.

But don't expect the spurs to abandon any tool that might give them an edge. Flops, dummy time outs, hack a shaq. They are a part of the game. The important part is knowing when to use them and when not to. Tonight just so happened to be one of the nights they needed an edge, and it worked.

It's no different from pulling your goalie in hockey to go with an extra skater.
Not something you see everyday. But worth bringing out if you need it.

The difference with the Spurs though is that it remains on the court. They don't take this shit to the media. The game is played and then it's over.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 02:13 AM
450 pound Shaq falls down when 185 pound Manu Ginobili runs into him, and Faker fans are whining about one intentional foul of Shaq. :lol

Xylus
04-20-2008, 02:17 AM
It was a gimmick, and like most gimmicks it works in very short unexpected intervals. But its no less valid because Pop was smart enough to use a little gamesmanship to get an edge.

Phil uses gamesmanship to work the refs through the media all of the time. Phil has employed gamesmanship by hacking Bowen. Phil has done everything you are accusing Pop of and more, but the difference is that it is out of character for the Spurs. In other words they treat it as a Gimmick that they rarely rely on which is exactly why it was so effective tonight.

But don't expect the spurs to abandon any tool that might give them an edge. Flops, dummy time outs, hack a shaq. They are a part of the game. The important part is knowing when to use them and when not to. Tonight just so happened to be one of the nights they needed an edge, and it worked.

It's no different from pulling your goalie in hockey to go with an extra skater.
Not something you see everyday. But worth bringing out if you need it.

The difference with the Spurs though is that it remains on the court. They don't take this shit to the media. The game is played and then it's over.

I don't disagree with any of that except the part in bold. It's one thing to pull your goalie, a strategy that provides one strength (an extra weapon) but highlights a weakness (no defense at the net). It's another to pull out a tactic that the league has created a rule to counter. I was okay with it in the 4th quarter, but I thought it was lame in the 2nd quarter. Just play basketball. As a basketball fan, I've never liked Hack-a-Shaq, even before Shaq came to Phoenix.

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 02:25 AM
9 > 4.

Lol, Past not Present thread.

DespЏrado
04-20-2008, 02:28 AM
The hockey analogy is imperfect, but just an example of a gimmick. Still Shaq could have made the free throws against us. In other words the hockey analogy works. Phoenix had the chance to make us pay.

But in the future the nba should really make the intentional foul a 2 point foul shot, with two opportunities to make 1...And I think the practice would disappear entirely.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 02:30 AM
Lakers fans in this thread are the equivalent of this kid:

http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/imagesnotoncebuttwice.gif

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Series is over in 6 games in favor of the Suns

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:35 AM
And I agree "Hack a Sahq is for losers..

Suns will take Games 2, 3, 4 and 5.

These bitches were fortunate that Duncan hit that "once in his lifetime" 3-pointer

Louie Vega
04-20-2008, 02:43 AM

These bitches were fortunate that Duncan hit that "once in his lifetime" 3-pointer

Your biys CHOKe away a 16 point lead and you still talkin shit? That just tells me that you are here to fuck with people! You win when we LET you win BITCH!!!!! Your suns are being tortured right now. Their playoff death is only a matter of time BITCH!!!!

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Lol, Past not Present thread.

You're the one bringing up 1997 NBA Finals dumbass. Past, present, it doesn't matter.

Phil Jackson owns Popovich. He is 3-1 against crater face. 2001, 2002, 2004. Phil has beaten every iteration of the Spurs convincingly. None of those series ever went to game 7.

MannyIsGod
04-20-2008, 02:45 AM
So just curious, do you guys try to argue with obvious trolls out of boredom or because you're actually trying to make a point?

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:50 AM
So just curious, do you guys try to argue with obvious trolls out of boredom or because you're actually trying to make a point?
You are an ugly mofo

DespЏrado
04-20-2008, 03:08 AM

It gives me something to do while I watch the replay over again...Since the Spurs are so boring when they win. And they only win because they cheat and it's their fault the Suns traded for a has been center who they only got so they could be the Spurs and yet they still might lose, because we cheat and foul Shaq and make him miss the free throws. :lol

Pero
04-20-2008, 05:02 AM
Bottom line is that it's Shaq's own damn fault. How long has he been in the NBA and still can't shoot FTs? If he could make them, no one would use this TACTIC. Good move by Pop.

sendman
04-20-2008, 05:24 AM
As Pero said, It's a disgrace to see somebody that earns so much money pUtting the ball trough the hoop to be such an lousy performer at any part of his game. And Shaq didn't do shit about it throughout his entire career. So MAKE HIM PAY FOR HIS LAZINESS! (NBA even make up that last 2 min. rule, to protect his lasy ass!)
I want Spurs to hack Shaq so long that his hands turn blue as Manny's lips!

spurscenter
04-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Laker fans are scared of the Suns and Spurs

They are so lucky they are in the other bracket

Denver is gonna beat them though.

anakha
04-20-2008, 06:26 AM

So much for the supposed sweep. :lmao

GrandeDavid
04-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Its funny how losers like this Lakeshow guy come out of the woodworks after four years, when he thinks his team has a shot again.

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 09:31 AM
9 > 4.

2007,2005,2003 > 2002

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 09:35 AM

Bitch, you are dismissed. You called the series wrong already. Go watch your Rockets lose, louis.

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Has Phil ever won without two All NBA players on his roster? He certainly doesn't seem to be able to do shit with just one. Pop has.

Kindergarten Cop
04-20-2008, 09:54 AM

And just 3 minutes later:

:wtf

So I take it that mathematics was not one of your strong subjects?

cornbread
04-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm impressed at Lakerfan's loyalty. After all these years since he's played for LA and they still make excuses for him.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2008, 10:18 AM

Wait, you respected the Spurs at some point? :lol

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Phil at least had the balls to leave Shaq in. His presence could still be felt on the defensive end

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 10:31 AM
You're the one bringing up 1997 NBA Finals dumbass. Past, present, it doesn't matter.

Phil Jackson owns Popovich. He is 3-1 against crater face. 2001, 2002, 2004. Phil has beaten every iteration of the Spurs convincingly. None of those series ever went to game 7.

I never mentioned 1997 douchebag. Know who you're fucking talking to before posting troll.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 11:23 AM
2007,2005,2003 > 2002

Phil Jackson > Crater Face

3-1 record against Popazit in the playoffs. I like our chances, that is assuming your team even makes it to the WCF.

ThomasGranger
04-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I like our chances, that is assuming your team even makes it to the WCF.

And assuming Kobe doesn't get hit with more rape charges in Denver.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Phil Jackson > Crater Face

3-1 record against Popazit in the playoffs. I like our chances, that is assuming your team even makes it to the WCF.

I thought you said personal insults were a sign you had no argument. So you're saying you have no argument? I mean you called Pop Crater Face...

K-State Spur
04-20-2008, 12:33 PM

I always thought it was despicable that a PROFESSIONAL can look so pathetic on a shot from 15 away.

If Shaq could even hit just 60%, nobody would employ that method because the numbers would be against it.

Crap, most high-school varsity players could shoot that from the line...

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Forget the 4th quarter. The Spurs employed this strategy against Brian Skinner in the 2nd quarter. That is pure cowardice on the part of the Spurs. Just shows how far they have fallen this year when they have to resort to those tactics. They aren't confident in their defensive abilities anymore.

BonnerDynasty
04-20-2008, 12:45 PM
You respect Pop about as much as I respect Kobe.

Hack-a-Snaq > Dogging teammates on youtube

BUT HE CAN JUMP OVER CARS!!!1111!!!!1zomgz lmfao

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Forget the 4th quarter. The Spurs employed this strategy against Brian Skinner in the 2nd quarter. That is pure cowardice on the part of the Spurs. Just shows how far they have fallen this year when they have to resort to those tactics. They aren't confident in their defensive abilities anymore.

They did that for a 2-1

ThomasGranger
04-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Cowardice!?! You've posted some stupid shit around here, D&C but that takes the cake!

Cowardice is working the media before and after games to try and give your team an advantage with the zebras.

What Pop did had nothing to do with any lack of faith in the Spurs defense and everything to do with exploiting an opponent's weakness. It was a gamble. It was completely above board. And it paid off. Plain and simple.

ShoogarBear
04-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Cowardice is working the media before and after games to try and give your team an advantage with the zebras.

True dat. LMAO at anybody who supports Phil Jackson and his slimy ref-baiting in the media calling somebody else a coward.

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 01:01 PM

Well, considering the NBA keeps putting in rules to benefit SNaq (no-charge circle, no fouls last two minutes), and keeps putting in rules to handcuff defense, you gotta do what you gotta do.

SPARKY
04-20-2008, 01:03 PM

It worked, did it not?

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I can understand doing hack-a-shaq late in the 4th. But in the 2nd quarter? That is pathetic. It shows how far SAS has fallen that they have to resort to that this year.

SPARKY
04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
1-0.

Fallen from where, exactly?

Leetonidas
04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I can understand doing hack-a-shaq late in the 4th. But in the 2nd quarter? That is pathetic. It shows how far SAS has fallen that they have to resort to that this year.

They implemented it because they knew D'Antoni is an idiot and would play into the Spurs' hands and take Shaq out for the next 4 minutes.

They did it to Brian Skinner to go 2-for-1, and it worked perfectly.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 01:13 PM
I know that it worked perfectly, but it doesn't make it any less of a pussy move by Popovich considering he's NEVER done anything like that in the 2nd quarter before in his history as a coach.

SPARKY
04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
It's allowed, is it not?

Fortunately Pop isn't a pussy and used it both times.

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Anyone who thinks the Suns are taking out the Spurs in less than 7 games is an idiot...

K-State Spur
04-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Anyone who thinks the Suns are taking out the Spurs in less than 7 games is an idiot...

since the Suns would be required to have the mental toughness to win a game 7 on the road...i'm not sure anybody who picked them in 7 is any smarter...

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 01:43 PM
since the Suns would be required to have the mental toughness to win a game 7 on the road...i'm not sure anybody who picked them in 7 is any smarter...

Completely agree. Suns are just starting point on our way to a championship...our last two rings went through phoenix as well...:lobt:

cash459
04-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I know that it worked perfectly, but it doesn't make it any less of a pussy move by Popovich considering he's NEVER done anything like that in the 2nd quarter before in his history as a coach.

you are truly showing how much of an idiot you are with every post. You keep talking about that Pop has NEVER done that before. SO FUCKING WHAT?!? times change, teams change, guess what, so does strategy. Bottom line is winning the game and then the championship. If the spurs win, thats ALL that matters.

He did it in the 2nd qurater AND in the 4th. OH NO!! its SOOO horrible. Phil HAS done it, bottome line. If Pop did the EXACT SAME thing that phil has done, then they are the SAME.

Part of the game is finding a way to win the game. Guess what, the Spurs DID! It is the quivalent of taking a knee in football or when a team is ahead in bbal, running around and passing the ball to run time off the clock instead of "just playing the game" like you think that the Spurs should have done. Theres obviously something that scares you that the Spurs won the game. In the back of your little KFC eating mind, you are probably hoping that the suns can win this series, so the lakers dont have to face them in the PO at all. B/c deep down you know that if the Spurs get past this series, it is just goin to give them a tremendous amount of momentum & will be even harder to stop them.

Build a bridge and get over it. They did it, so what!? they WON the game. bottom line. how you win doesnt matter. If it was a luck last minute shot, guess what, you still win. Same here. not everyone is a fan of that tactic, but winning a PO game is seen by all to be great.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 02:06 PM
It doesn't make it any less of a pussy move by Phil because he's never done anything like that before in a game.

fify.

There isn't a coach in the NBA who hasn't intentionally fouled to get back into a game. Fucking get over it already.

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 02:07 PM
You use whatever tactics exploit the weaknesses of your opponent, like Phil changing the PnR defense in 2004 to force Parker to take the shot instead of going to the cup. Oh, the horror! What a cheap move! Let's put in a rule that you MUST follow the ball over the top of the PnR, because it's just not fair to Parker!

Or, maybe Parker goes and works his ass off for two years to make teams fucking PAY for doing it, and now they don't, or maybe they didn't get the memo and they do, and he roasts them alive from anywhere inside the arc, stand still or on the move.

God, Laker fan has turned into much more GIANT PUSSY than ever.

cash459
04-20-2008, 02:13 PM

I'm done with you bitch

http://marksautoupholstering.com/images/waiting.gif

How much you wanna bet that the laker fans in here, COMPLETELY avoid answering this question?? Or bring up that it only happened in the 4th qtr. or that it was when phil was coaching the bulls & not the lakers....or some other lame ass excuse.....:lmao

cash459
04-20-2008, 07:10 PM
bump....im curious to see a laker response.......:wakeup

jmard5
04-20-2008, 07:18 PM

I thought you predicted a sweep?

Do your predictions change after every game?

word
04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
The only objection I have to this is they should foul him as least hard enough to leave a mark and get a flagrant. Kick him in the balls or somethin'.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Yea i see what's going on here.

cash459
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
bump for laker fans who talk shit & then run & hide

LakeShow
04-21-2008, 10:43 AM
bump for laker fans who talk shit & then run & hide

What is it that you want why you keep bumping this thread? I think most of us said what we wanted to say and responded accordingly. At least I know I did.

Cry Havoc
04-21-2008, 11:58 AM

And your coach has done the same thing. What do you think about that? Or is this the double standard forum?

Phil Jackson has done the exact same thing as Pop but I don't feel like talking about it because the Spurs scare the shit out of me.

SAGambler
04-21-2008, 12:10 PM

Whatever the fuck works. That's what you get for paying a guy 40 million dollars, that can't hit free throws.

Besides this is not a new tactic. They used to do it to Bruce. But Bruce, unlike Shaq worked on his free throws and when he started making them, they quit the intentional fouling. But seeing as how Shaq already thinks he's the greatest thing to ever get out of bed in the morning, I seriously doubt he would consider doing what Bowen did.

No one to blame but himself, the way I see it.

LakeShow
04-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Whatever the fuck works. That's what you get for paying a guy 40 million dollars, that can't hit free throws.

Besides this is not a new tactic. They used to do it to Bruce. But Bruce, unlike Shaq worked on his free throws and when he started making them, they quit the intentional fouling. But seeing as how Shaq already thinks he's the greatest thing to ever get out of bed in the morning, I seriously doubt he would consider doing what Bowen did.

No one to blame but himself, the way I see it.

I said earlier if that's your best chance to beat the suns, more power to you. I already stated what how I feel about it.

DazedAndConfused
04-21-2008, 12:41 PM
^Agreed. It's the best chance SAS has at beating PHX. They simply cannot guard PHX straight up and expect to win the game, PHX puts too many points on the board.

cash459
04-21-2008, 12:43 PM
What is it that you want why you keep bumping this thread? I think most of us said what we wanted to say and responded accordingly. At least I know I did.

i wanna hear why neither of you have made a remark about when your beloved coach has done the same thing. does that put him in the same category you put Pop in?

LakeShow
04-21-2008, 01:19 PM
i wanna hear why neither of you have made a remark about when your beloved coach has done the same thing. does that put him in the same category you put Pop in?

Well I did respond to that and I haven't seen anything posted on the circumstances of Phil using the hack a shaq. While in Chicago, it was stated that he did that against someone, i don't recall who but then it was legal to foul a player away from the ball in the last 2 minutes of a quarter, so if the Bulls were losing toward the end of the game, that's not the same as using the hack a shaq in the first half and at the midway point of the 4th quarter trailing by 5. Imo

cash459
04-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Well I did respond to that and I haven't seen anything posted on the circumstances of Phil using the hack a shaq. While in Chicago, it was stated that he did that against someone, i don't recall who but then it was legal to foul a player away from the ball in the last 2 minutes of a quarter, so if the Bulls were losing toward the end of the game, that's not the same as using the hack a shaq in the first half and at the midway point of the 4th quarter trailing by 5. Imo

am i the only that sees the ignorance here... :wtf

you say you havent seen anything posted on the circumstances of Phil using it.......and in the VERY NEXT sentence say "he did that against someone" WTF!? get your story straight!

and Pop prob chose to "hack a shaq" earlier in the quarter for the simple of fact of not getting "penalized" for that action in the last 2 min. So they took advantage of the situation while not getting penalized as much as possible. To me, that seems like a pretty smart strategy. to be able to implement that tactic & not put yourself deeper in a hole.

and its not a "pussy move" its called exploiting a weakness.....players do it ALL the time. Next time kobe has anthony carter guarding him, watch him take carter down on the block and post his little ass up. Is that a pussy move too b/c he knows that carter cant guard him!? no, its exploiting his weakness and the nuggets weakness. that is EXACTLY what pop did to the suns and shaqueef.

youre obviosuly crying about it b/c deep down you know that if the lakers meet the spurs in the WCF, b/c the lakers wont be able to stop them. expecially without bynum. and dont bring up that they just beat them in LA, cuz that was a game WITHOUT manu (the same way that DAC cries that the lakers arent full strength when they lose; same principle) or is that different too!?

GSH
04-22-2008, 12:44 AM
The rules were changed to protect Shaq in the last 2 minutes. Logically, that means they kept the rules the way they are the rest of the time on purpose. If he doesn't like it, he should learn how to shoot FT's.

And don't kid yourself. Mike D'Antoni would resort to using a Blow-a-Bowen strategy if he thought it would allow the Suns to finally beat the Spurs in a playoff series.

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Who on the Spurs will we not be able to stop outside of Tony Parker?

Contrary to popular belief Gasol guards Duncan well. They are both cerebral players that rely on fundamentals more than their athleticism. Gasol can anticipate Duncan's moves well before he even starts them, which is why he was able to block so many of his shots when they last played. Ginobli has never been a serious problem for the Lakers, Kobe can stay with him and make his life difficult if need be. Parker is the only player we can't stop, but we couldn't stop him from 2000-2005 and that didn't stop us from beating the Spurs 3-1 in that timeframe. It will be a very evenly matched series if we do meet up.

I'm actually more afraid of PHX than SAS. With Shaq they have an inside presence we cannot counter, outside of Gasol and Odom our frontcourt is very thin.