PDA

View Full Version : A 2nd Open Letter To Josh Howard

monosylab1k
04-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Dear Josh,

Get the fuck out of Dallas this offseason and never come back.

Thanks,

monosylab1k

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 08:38 PM
But Kidd makes everyone better. :rollin

monosylab1k
04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
But Kidd makes everyone better. :rollin

Hi Bulls fan.

lebomb
04-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I told ya that the Kidd trade was STOOOOOOOOPID. There is noway he makes the Mavericks better than what they gave up....LMAO!!!!!!

JK2
04-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Kidd is not to blame for Josh's low basketball IQ.

lurker
04-19-2008, 08:47 PM
And take Avery, Malik, Tyron and Juwuan with you.

Thanks.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Kidd is not to blame for Josh's low basketball IQ.
Howard has been consistently worse since Kidd came over. Kidd has yet to make anyone better. Dirk got better since he was revived with the thought of playing with Kidd. It hasn't lived up to expectations though. Dirk is still a jump shooter.

lurker
04-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Howard's 2nd half disappearing act didn't start after the trade.

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Howard's 2nd half disappearing act didn't start after the trade.

What are you talking about? That's ALWAYS been Howard's problem. Check out last season even when he was an all star. He averaged something like 4 ppg in the second half of games. The drop off in his production in the second half of games is nothing new.

Still though, that's a coaching thing. He still has a lot of potential to be a great all around player...ala Caron Butler I think. I just don't think he's disciplined enough and the offense they run for him doesn't seem to utilize his full strengths enough.

Spurs will gladly take him off your hands :) Pop can whip him into shape.

JamStone
04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
You just actually agreed with the poster you quoted.

ludda
04-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Saw the game..Josh Howard and Brickhouse single-handedly gave up the Mavs lead.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-19-2008, 09:06 PM
What are you talking about? That's ALWAYS been Howard's problem. Check out last season even when he was an all star. He averaged something like 4 ppg in the second half of games. The drop off in his production in the second half of games is nothing new.

Still though, that's a coaching thing. He still has a lot of potential to be a great all around player...ala Caron Butler I think. I just don't think he's disciplined enough and the offense they run for him doesn't seem to utilize his full strengths enough.

Spurs will gladly take him off your hands :) Pop can whip him into shape.

ala Caron Butler??:lmao:lmao:lmao Stop. Howard is a fucking dumbass who has no balls in the 4th and has a short temper. He is a fucking retarded piece of shit. Fuck him for bringing nothing when it matters!

ludda
04-19-2008, 09:07 PM
I thought Josh was great last year, this year Caron>>>Josh.

Didn't he have all these personal problems during the trade? He doesn't look like he's recovered from that.

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 09:07 PM
You just actually agreed with the poster you quoted.

:lmao :lmao I read that incorrectly. My bad.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I thought Josh was great last year, this year Caron>>>Josh.

Didn't he have all these personal problems during the trade? He doesn't look like he's recovered from that.

Josh was amazing for 2-3 quarters but he is about as productive as Avery Johnson in the 4th.

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 09:09 PM
ala Caron Butler??:lmao:lmao:lmao Stop. Howard is a fucking dumbass who has no balls in the 4th and has a short temper. He is a fucking retarded piece of shit. Fuck him for bringing nothing when it matters!

Butler had similiar problems early in his career as well. Look at him now. I think Howard has the potential to be like that. Rebounding, scoring, defending doing a little bit of it all. He does seem to have a short temper which is why I said he needs some discipline to his game and I'm sure being coached by uptight Avery doesn't help that.

ATX Spur
04-19-2008, 09:10 PM
I missed the last quarter. What happened with Josh Howard?

ludda
04-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I missed the last quarter. What happened with Josh Howard?

0-7
I think 2 points after halftime

(may be off a little)

JK2
04-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Josh played like Josh Howard. That's what happened. 4-16 FG. :lol

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Blame our floor general. He is not giving us the right tempo. He should watch some Harris tapes to see what Howard's comfort zone is. It's oviously not with Kidd right now.

mattb_25
04-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Blame our floor general. He is not giving us the right tempo. He should watch some Harris tapes to see what Howard's comfort zone is. It's oviously not with Kidd right now.

Lol.. Shut the fuck up dude, Josh howard is the only one whos doing fuckin horrible, and that has nothing to do with Jkidd. If Jho is being a bitch because his friend left so be it, Kidd can only do so much for people, and thats all.

But really, your just being a bitch.. You really think Devin Harris is almighty and is making the nets a winning team or something? Jkidd is a known hall of fame PG and Harris is nothing.

peskypesky
04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
And take Avery, Malik, Tyron and Juwuan with you.

Thanks.

Just sell the team and move it somewhere else.

endrity
04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Lol.. Shut the fuck up dude, Josh howard is the only one whos doing fuckin horrible, and that has nothing to do with Jkidd. Kidd can only do so much for people, and thats all.

Your just being a bitch because we all know Devin Harris is almighty and is making the nets a winning team.

The thing is, if you are gonna run an iso offense, than get a guy who can penetrate and create something off the dribble, when other guys can't take their man one on one. Harris was a better fit for this team.

Kidd is a much better PG even now, but the problem is that in "Avery's system" the PG does pretty much nothing. He brings the ball upcourt, after Avery has slowed down the game and yelled his play call, and then hands it off to Stack or Howard who either take a stupid shot or throw it to Dirk with 5 seconds left and hope that he can save their ass.

peskypesky
04-19-2008, 10:20 PM
that trade for Kidd was brilliant!

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 10:28 PM
The thing is, if you are gonna run an iso offense, than get a guy who can penetrate and create something off the dribble, when other guys can't take their man one on one. Harris was a better fit for this team.

Kidd is a much better PG even now, but the problem is that in "Avery's system" the PG does pretty much nothing. He brings the ball upcourt, after Avery has slowed down the game and yelled his play call, and then hands it off to Stack or Howard who either take a stupid shot or throw it to Dirk with 5 seconds left and hope that he can save their ass.
Thanks man. Kidd is the wrong fit. I don't know how he could fit in any team with lacking the ability of breaking down his man and making teams pay when the defender goes under the pick. What team would he be the right fit with now?

endrity
04-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks man. Kidd is the wrong fit. I don't know how he could fit in any team with lacking the ability of breaking down his man and making teams pay when the defender goes under the pick. What team would he be the right fit with now?

Even this team is the right fit if you let him run and push the ball. Everytime the Mavs take a lead it's because of that. After watching us squander so many leads, I am fully conviced that it's because Avery has this stupid offense based only on isos. His brain is stuck on 90s NBA basketball, and has no creativity to come up with a real offense for the new style NBA.

mattb_25
04-19-2008, 10:39 PM

And like I said thats not Kidd's fault that Avery's stupid system sucks. I'm really tired of us only winning games when we have to lose all 3 quarters then come back in the 4th.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Even this team is the right fit if you let him run and push the ball. Everytime the Mavs take a lead it's because of that. After watching us squander so many leads, I am fully conviced that it's because Avery has this stupid offense based only on isos. His brain is stuck on 90s NBA basketball, and has no creativity to come up with a real offense for the new style NBA.
I'm glad someone understands more what's going on rather than just smack talking like some Mavs fans do around here. I'll take that reasoning as Harris worked good with that style of offense but Kidd doesn't work well. 2 completely different point guards and Avery has not adjusted well to Kidd.

mattb_25
04-19-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm glad someone understands more what's going on rather than just smack talking like some Mavs fans do around here. I'll take that reasoning as Harris worked good with that style of offense but Kidd doesn't work well. 2 completely different point guards and Avery has not adjusted well to Kidd.

But why are you blaming it on Kidd as if he is the one who designs the offensive plays? I understand that Avery doesn't know how to make plays worth a shit, and thats why Dirk hasn't had fun playing this year till Kidd got here. It seemed like he thought the offense would change for the better with Kidd, but it doesn't really seem to have changed much..

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 10:55 PM
But why are you blaming it on Kidd as if he is the one who designs the offensive plays? I understand that Avery doesn't know how to make plays worth a shit, and thats why Dirk hasn't had fun playing this year till Kidd got here. It seemed like he thought the offense would change for the better with Kidd, but it doesn't really seem to have changed much..
I've seen the offense change. Unfortunately the changes aren't that good. Harris was our best point guard. Terry has really fallen from what he was a couple a years ago. Loss of confidence and a half step. Howard same story. Harris can bail you out of more bad sets than Kidd can because of his incredible speed. Kidd doesn't matchup well to Paul as well.

mattb_25
04-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Okay, but again, why are you blaming Kidd on the offense not changing that much? It's changed a bit, but not like I or most of us thought it would of. If Avery can't take advantage of a Hall of fame PG then thats his own fault, and Kidd shouldn't have to take the blame for it.

LakerMagic
04-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Dear Josh,

Get the fuck out of Dallas this offseason and never come back.

Thanks,

monosylab1k

lol, mav fans are getting suicidal.

JamStone
04-20-2008, 12:27 AM
I say if Josh Howard is going to play like shit on offense, at least make him guard Chris Paul. He can't do worse than Kidd, Terry, or Devean George. At least he might make an impact since he's utterly shit-pants on offense.

timvp
04-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Why are Mav Fans surprised by Josh Howard disappearing late in games? That's what he does. He's a first half star and a second half observer. Wasn't he top five in the league in points per game in the first quarter?

Kori Ellis
04-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Last year I saw a stat (either here or in another forum) that he averaged 1.5 points per 4th quarter in games decided by five points or less. I'm not sure if they completely stop going to him by design, or he just chokes it off.

pussyface
04-20-2008, 01:51 AM
I say if Josh Howard is going to play like shit on offense, at least make him guard Chris Paul. He can't do worse than Kidd, Terry, or Devean George. At least he might make an impact since he's utterly shit-pants on offense.

have you seen him play defense?
it is atrocious

ducks
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
hard to change the whole o plan so late in the year without training camp
I do not like aj
but this season you can not judge the trade yet

clambake
04-20-2008, 10:23 AM
bass is underated on this team. anywhere else he'd be so so, but this guy is our only inside threat. and what happened to coaching?

The Nba Is Rigged
04-20-2008, 10:34 AM
I was watching Espn classic two days ago and I was watching the Mavs-Suns series from 04-05 and Josh was just flat out terrific. Every lose ball, every offensive rebound, defensive stops, putbacks, Hustle plays, slashing you name it this guy could do it. It's a shame what weed and success have done to this dude. I really love this dude but I think his time is up in Dallas...

mavsfan1000
04-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Okay, but again, why are you blaming Kidd on the offense not changing that much? It's changed a bit, but not like I or most of us thought it would of. If Avery can't take advantage of a Hall of fame PG then thats his own fault, and Kidd shouldn't have to take the blame for it.
Kidd was a hall of fame point guard. Those days are long gone. He is the player formerly known as Kidd now. That's what happens when you lose a step. Everything else gets tougher.

clambake
04-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Kidd was a hall of fame point guard. Those days are long gone. He is the player formerly known as Kidd now. That's what happens when you lose a step. Everything else gets tougher.

you blame kidd for that lineup?

lurker
04-20-2008, 10:50 AM
mavsfan1000 = Devin Harris?

The Nba Is Rigged
04-20-2008, 11:23 AM

You are starting to get really annoying with this stuff, do you realize that all of your moaning will NOT get Devin and Diop Back? Be realistic man.

dirk4mvp
04-20-2008, 11:26 AM
You are starting to get really annoying with this stuff, do you realize that all of your moaning will NOT get Devin and Diop Back? Be realistic man.

It doesn't matter to him. He'll be a fan of a different team after this season.

clambake
04-20-2008, 11:34 AM
this should not be about josh alone.

i can't think of the last time anything good happened when devean george is in the game.

Shank
04-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Josh's mental state isn't strong enough for the rigors of an NBA career.

monosylab1k
04-20-2008, 12:32 PM
mavsfan1000 = Devin Harris?
:lol

actually it's mavsfan1000 = Bulls fan.

monosylab1k
04-20-2008, 12:33 PM
i can't think of the last time anything good happened when devean george is in the game.

probably around december of 06 or so. not really that long ago

T Park
04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Josh Howard would be a perfect starter in SA.

Play the first 3 quarters heavily, then let Ginobili play the majority of the 4th.

Perfect combo :tu

ludda
04-20-2008, 02:24 PM
He takes too many jumpshots, likes his outside shot. He's not the slasher he was once.

He would be a great 3rd option on an elite team, not a second option, who's supposed to be more consistent and be somewhat of a closer.

Findog
04-20-2008, 02:31 PM
He takes too many jumpshots, likes his outside shot. He's not the slasher he was once.

He would be a great 3rd option on an elite team, not a second option, who's supposed to be more consistent and be somewhat of a closer.

Couldn't agree more. He fell in love with himself and has never been the same.

ClingingMars
04-20-2008, 03:03 PM
that trade for Kidd was perhaps the greatest trade ever...

...FOR SPURS FANS!!! :lmao :lmao :lmao

- Mars

Findog
04-20-2008, 03:07 PM
that trade for Kidd was perhaps the greatest trade ever...

...FOR SPURS FANS!!! :lmao :lmao :lmao

- Mars

Hi 18-year-old virgin.

mavsfan1000
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
:lol

actually it's mavsfan1000 = Bulls fan.
Ah look at the mavs fan getting hurt that his precious Kidd is not succeeding and pulling some lame smack that isn't true. I'm a Mavs fan from here on out. What I did in the 90's doesn't matter. I'm sure we all got things we regret just like the mavs front office got things they regret. Hopefully Kidd is gone soon. Just an idea but how about Kidd come off the bench as a spark? It can't hurt us anymore than him starting for some reason.

Holmes_Fans
04-20-2008, 07:57 PM
The stats show Josh is a mentally weak dumbass.

http://82games.com/QTR4S11.HTM
7th in the league in points in the 1st qt
60th in the 4th

http://82games.com/FGSORT7.HTM
27th in in the lane shooting %
60th on 2 point jumpers

Yet he takes 62% of his shots as jumpers and %20 inside.

I really don't think he will ever get a clue. Once he leaves Dallas he will either become the great player he could, or just fall off the map completely now that he doesn't have his thumb up the coaches ass.

Supergirl
04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Dear Josh Howard,
If the MAvs run you out of town, wanna come here? You'd fit in well here - you actually play defense and could be that long 3 we still need.

--the Spurs

clambake
04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
we just needed devin to slash to the basket and blow the lay-up.

Elraptor
04-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Yea he does need to get out of Dallas.

mavsfan1000
04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
we just needed devin to slash to the basket and blow the lay-up.
Or get the and 1's. Those were great days when we actually had a slasher.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Or get the and 1's. Those were great days when the Bulls had Jordan.

fixed

Obstructed_View
04-21-2008, 12:18 PM
fixed

Wow, you just get lamer and lamer.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow, you just get lamer and lamer.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

mavsfan1000
04-21-2008, 01:17 PM
fixed
Even if the mavs get swept, you'd still be in denial that the trade was bad. Offseason we need a slasher at the 2 guard to make up for Harris's lost and if we're stuck with Kidd's contract.

Findog
04-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Even if the mavs get swept, you'd still be in denial that the trade was bad. Offseason we need a slasher at the 2 guard to make up for Harris's lost and if we're stuck with Kidd's contract.

Kidd has one more year after this one before he hits FA. If the Mavs decide to go in a different direction, it will be quite easy to get rid of him starting with the offseason.

Seriously, we know how you feel about the Kidd trade. We get it. You're devolving into troll schtick.

mavsfan1000
04-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Kidd has one more year after this one before he hits FA. If the Mavs decide to go in a different direction, it will be quite easy to get rid of him starting with the offseason.

Seriously, we know how you feel about the Kidd trade. We get it. You're devolving into troll schtick.
Is it that hard to admit the Kidd trade is bad? I will shut up about it if you and mono would just accept that we made a mistake.

Holmes_Fans
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Is it that hard to admit the Kidd trade is bad? I will shut up about it if you and mono would just accept that we made a mistake.
They made a mistake not trading him during the last offseason for better value. It should be Kobe ballin it up with Dirk

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 02:24 PM

Except it wasn't a mistake. The mistake was not getting Mike Miller in a second trade.

mavsfan1000
04-21-2008, 02:25 PM
They made a mistake not trading him during the last offseason for better value. It should be Kobe ballin it up with Dirk
I don't think that was an option. It would take more than that to get Kobe.

dirk4mvp
04-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think that was an option. It would take more than that to get Kobe.

Um, no. Dirk and Kobe would be in Dallas had the trade gone down.

Findog
04-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Is it that hard to admit the Kidd trade is bad?

Yes it is, considering he is far from the biggest problem with this team. That would be the Fucking Retarded Head Coach and the Shit for Brains starting small forward.

I will shut up about it if you and mono would just accept that we made a mistake

So in other words, you can't agree to disagree, you simply have to state for the umpteenth thousandth time how you feel, even when it isn't relevant. In other words, you can't bring anything to any discussion other than trolling.

Trainwreck2100
04-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Except it wasn't a mistake. The mistake was not getting Mike Miller in a second trade.

they couldn't cause they had nobody to trade after that. The Miller deal was going to need the KVH sign and trade

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 03:01 PM
they couldn't cause they had nobody to trade after that. The Miller deal was going to need the KVH sign and trade

Yeah you're right. They were planning on using that for the Miller deal.

Devean Fucking George.

That guy screws over the entire franchise and he's getting minutes in the playoffs. Fuck the Mavericks.

jack sommerset
04-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Avery has to be telling him to shoot. It seemed everytime he got the ball he tossed it up. The annoucer said he was 4-16. Whoa. Dirk and Kidd had good games. Stackhouse was a no show. Mavs can't finish games since Kidd. I ask myself whats going to change in the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
04-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah you're right. They were planning on using that for the Miller deal.

Devean Fucking George.

That guy screws over the entire franchise and he's getting minutes in the playoffs. Fuck the Mavericks.
How do you know Memphis was willing to give up Mike Miller for the KVH contract? Sounds pretty stupid to me.
Anyways it still wouldn't help out slashing or defense. Mike Miller is another streaky shooter like Terry. We need someone to get more points in the paint.

Findog
04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
How do you know Memphis was willing to give up Mike Miller for the KVH contract. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

They gave away Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown's expiring. That's all they care about, creating cap space because the owner is trying to sell and eliminate as much payroll as possible. There were a lot of pissed off GMs that made better offers talent-wise for Gasol. They didn't want bodies, they wanted cap space.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
How do you know Memphis was willing to give up Mike Miller for the KVH contract? Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Find where anybody said it would be KVH for Miller. Everyone said that KVH was supposed to be part of the deal. Part.

Part.

You know who sounds stupid? You.

mavsfan1000
04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
They gave away Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown's expiring. That's all they care about, creating cap space because the owner is trying to sell and eliminate as much payroll as possible. There were a lot of pissed off GMs that made better offers talent-wise for Gasol. They didn't want bodies, they wanted cap space.
So why didn't anyone else get Mike Miller than? No way to know if Memphis would've done that deal.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Anyways it still wouldn't help out slashing or defense. Mike Miller is another streaky shooter like Terry. We need someone to get more points in the paint.

:lmao streaky shooter? Mike Miller only shot over 50% from the field and over 40% from 3. He also is a superb ball handler who is capable of running point and driving to the basket. And he's a solid team defender and can do a decent one-on-one job.

You have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Findog
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
So why didn't anyone else get Mike Miller than? No way to know if Memphis would've done that deal.

Not many contending teams had the expiring contracts to make it work. He makes like $9 million a year.

mavsfan1000
04-21-2008, 03:33 PM
:lmao streaky shooter? Mike Miller only shot over 50% from the field and over 40% from 3. He also is a superb ball handler who is capable of running point and driving to the basket. And he's a solid team defender and can do a decent one-on-one job.

You have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Funny how he totally disappeared in the playoffs from I what remember. He seems to like broomsticks.

Budkin
04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Damn I love Josh Howard's game... he just needs a coach not named Avery Johnson to allow him to find his true potential.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Funny how he totally disappeared in the playoffs from I what remember. He seems to like broomsticks.

Pau Gasol sucked ass in the playoffs with the Grizzlies, he gets put on a good team and look what he did. Mike Miller could do the same thing easily.

mavsfan1000
04-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Pau Gasol sucked ass in the playoffs with the Grizzlies, he gets put on a good team and look what he did. Mike Miller could do the same thing easily.
Well Mike Miller wasn't part of the trade so that means we got screwed until this offseason. Maybe we can fix things up with Kidd's expiring contract.

Findog
04-21-2008, 03:39 PM

I want to know which one of those teams the Grizz should've beaten. The Spurs? The Mavericks? The Suns?

Findog
04-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Damn I love Josh Howard's game... he just needs a coach not named Avery Johnson to allow him to find his true potential.

I don't think the problem is Avery, I think Josh fell in love with himself and got away from the things that made him so awesome in the first place. He doesn't hustle for loose balls, attack the basket or basically do the Najera-esque things in addition to scoring that got him his contract. He just hangs out at the arc and shoots threes. If that's the case, let's go get a long-range gunner that can actually make them. The way his game has regressed and the attitude has escalated makes me fucking sick.

He probably thinks he should be the #1 option.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
He probably thinks he should be the #1 option.

Notice how awesome he played when Dirk was out.

He really dislikes being considered 3rd Whistle behind Dirk & Kidd.

mattb_25
04-21-2008, 04:05 PM
And if this doesn't prove to you how stupid jho has become check these quotes out from him,

"I'm not worried about my shot," Howard said after his 4-of-16 performance in Game 1. "We're just trying to win games, man.

"I don't give a damn if I'm shooting 5-for-20 or 7-for-7. I just want to win the game...

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/

Wow, well that says a lot about him.. Sure the mav's are tryin to win games but it doesn't help when he plays like some scrub on the miami heat. Sure makes it a lot easier when our 2nd best scorer actually does what makes him good.

For all I care, Jho is seems like a total cancer to the team with his negative. .

Holmes_Fans
04-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Avery needs to bench his ass. There is no way he is giving his %100, especially on defense.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I was watching the Hawks and Celtics game last night and its amazing how smooth Joe Johnson looked, even though the Hawks got their asswhooped I still think JJ is a stud. If there was a way we could trade Josh "I smoke weed" Howard and Jerry" I am a bad motherfucker" Stackhouse for Johnson that would be great.

Findog
04-21-2008, 08:04 PM
They'd have to get rid of their own swingmen named Josh in order to take Howard off our hands. They also have Marvin Williams, if there's one thing the Hawks don't need, it's another 3.

Mavs<Spurs
04-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Howard is the Mavs second best player.
I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of him just yet.

And if Kidd could shoot better, Dallas wouldn't have nearly as much to worry about.

Trade was not good for Dallas, imo.
Devin is younger, more potential.

Most important thing is that speed helped give Dallas an edge on San Antonio.

Now that edge is gone and Kidd is somebody that defenses don't have to guard.

If Dallas wins game 2, they are in great shape.
If they lose game 2, they are very likely to lose the series.

Findog
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
If Dallas wins game 2, they are in great shape.
If they lose game 2, they are very likely to lose the series.

Yeah, I would have to say that tonight's winner is overwhelmingly likely to go on and win the series. Mavs are going to be extremely hard-pressed to beat NOLA 4 out of 5, while a win would give them momentum and HCA.