PDA

View Full Version : The NBA is screwing up my weekend

ShoogarBear
04-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm supposed to be getting some work done.

:pctoss

Dirk Nowitzki
04-19-2008, 09:00 PM

Define getting work done. What exactly is it that you do??

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 09:00 PM
:lmao Same here. The frickin Double OT Spurs game took up 3 hours of my time. Then the Hornets/Mavs game ended up getting interesting in the second half so I had to watch that. And now I'm not too interested in the Jazz/Rockets series but it's too late to do any work now! :pctoss

Tuesday can't come fast enough :)

ATX Spur
04-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Mine too, and I love it.

ShoogarBear
04-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Define getting work done. What exactly is it that you do??

I make highlight reels for the Dallas Mavericks.

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 09:20 PM

So then why's it taking you so long to get your work done? That's a 3 minute job.

Highlight 1:
Dirk Fadeaway at the top of the key

Highlight 2:
Dirk has a midget on him, he shoots a fadaway from 12 feet.

Highlight 3:
Kidd pushes the ball up the court, passes to Dirk for the 3 pointer.

Highlight 4:
Mavs can't buy a jumpshot, fall apart, and lose the game.

Pretty easy job to me it seems :)

SAtown
04-19-2008, 09:21 PM

:lmao

mavs>spurs2
04-19-2008, 09:21 PM
So then why's it taking you so long to get your work done? That's a 3 minute job.

Highlight 1:

Highlight 2:

Highlight 3:

Highlight 4:

Yea that's basically the gist of it.

ShoogarBear
04-19-2008, 09:31 PM

Highlight 1:

Highlight 2:

Harsh. :lol

Dirk Nowitzki
04-19-2008, 09:53 PM

You are the last fan who should be making jokes about the Mavs you fucking prick. After all they did eliminate your spurs on your own fucking court. I ask a serious question and you have to be a fucking dick about it. :rolleyes

Amare_32
04-19-2008, 09:56 PM

Highlight 1:

Highlight 2:

Highlight 3:

Highlight 4:

:lmao

angel_luv
04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
:lol Parks!

:lol

mavsfan1000
04-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Fuck work. Nba is what life is all about. Life end in June and starts back up in November. :toast

Amare_32
04-19-2008, 10:01 PM

Highlight 1:

Highlight 2:

Highlight 3:

Highlight 4:

Highlight 5:

Dirk kicks equipment after the loss

Budkin
04-19-2008, 10:02 PM
You are the last fan who should be making jokes about the Mavs you fucking prick. After all they did eliminate your spurs on your own fucking court. I ask a serious question and you have to be a fucking dick about it. :rolleyes

Sorry about the Mavs Dirk. I was rooting for you guys.

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Highlight 5:

Dirk kicks equipment after the loss

:lmao Oh yea, how could I have forgotten that highlight?

Dirk Nowitzki
04-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Shoog "I suck the cock of a Pistons team who havent beaten us in a 7 game series and dont even qualify as a rival to the spurs" bear actually makes a post about not getting work done, I literally ask him what job he has, then this turns into another bashing thread. :sleep:sleep:sleep

Save that shit for the game thread or a thread actually related to the Mavs. :rolleyes

1Parker1
04-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Shoog, looks like you got fan amongst us. :lol

ShoogarBear
04-19-2008, 10:08 PM
You really have some issues, and whatever my job is I'm not qualified to help you with them.

peskypesky
04-19-2008, 10:11 PM

me too!!:toast

i can't do any work at all!:downspin:

i'm still on a high from the Spurs win.:flag:

and from watching the Mavs lose!:ihit

Dirk Nowitzki
04-19-2008, 10:11 PM
You really have some issues, and whatever my job is I'm not qualified to help you with them.

Then why in the hell did you make this thread then shoogar?

Im pissed the Mavs lost but what the fuck did I do to you to throw an insult like that at me?

ShoogarBear
04-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Tell you what, show me where I insulted you, and I'll apologize for it.

SAtown
04-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I think it was something about highlight reels or whatever. I forgot

Dirk Nowitzki
04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Tell you what, show me where I insulted you, and I'll apologize for it.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

You actually insulted my team but thats not really a big deal. Im already use to that plus it's just a game.

Ive just had a shitty day beyond basketball. Earlier this afternoon some asshole fucking rear ended my car pretty bad and sped off not slowing down one bit. I had to speed up to catch the fucker only to get pulled over and get fucked over with a speeding ticket (The cop saw me speeding right in front of him while the hit and run asshole was further ahead). The fucking cop didnt even believe my situation despite my car looking bad from behind.

My bad on blowing up like that. I havent handled this situation well all day. Just forget whatever insults I threw towards you. Today was just a double wammy situation for me.

some_user86
04-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Man, that sucks...

Pero
04-20-2008, 06:54 AM
I spent 5 hours watching games instead of studying for an exam I have on Monday. :(
God how do I stop myself from watching Nuggs-Lakers and Raps-Magic??? :lol

Kobayagi
04-20-2008, 07:08 AM
The frickin Double OT Spurs game took up 3 hours of my time.

It took 3 years of my life :lol

And yes...damn playoffs, I have work to do too. :pctoss

Findog
04-20-2008, 08:09 PM
ShoogarBear, you could always go buy tickets for Game Two. Apparently good seats are still available:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/19/are-there-any-spurs-fans-in-san-antonio-tickets-still-available/

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
NBA Games> Work

:lol

kingsfan
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I've seen 1 game so far, dam working the weekends:depressed

SAtown
04-20-2008, 08:30 PM
ShoogarBear, you could always go buy tickets for Game Two. Apparently good seats are still available:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/19/are-there-any-spurs-fans-in-san-antonio-tickets-still-available/

It's a very sad thing indeed. I was fortunate enough to sit in the corner of the lower level during yesterday's game. I'd look up at the upper level, people are going fucking nuts throughout the entire game, with only a few scattered empty seats that you know cheap fucking scalpers buy with their cheap scammed money, and sell them for ridiculous prices. That's understandable. But when I see WHOLE FUCKING ROWS empty in the lower level to what could be the most heated rivalry in the NBA today, it makes me pretty sick to my stomach. From the opening tip, I was going fucking crazy. I was the only one in my section even talking. I'd get looks from other fans throughout the game as if I had raped their mothers.

Wake up San Antonio.

ShoogarBear
04-20-2008, 08:33 PM

But is plane fare to SA included?

Findog
04-20-2008, 08:35 PM
It's a very sad thing indeed. I was fortunate enough to sit in the corner of the lower level during yesterday's game. I'd look up at the upper level, people are going fucking nuts throughout the entire game, with only a few scattered empty seats that you know cheap fucking scalpers buy with their cheap scammed money, and sell them for ridiculous prices. That's understandable. But when I see WHOLE FUCKING ROWS empty in the lower level to what could be the most heated rivalry in the NBA today, it makes me pretty sick to my stomach. From the opening tip, I was going fucking crazy. I was the only one in my section even talking. I'd get looks from other fans throughout the game as if I had raped their mothers.

Wake up San Antonio.

I just don't get that at all. San Antonio is a one-team town! I know that even in Dallas, our sellout streak is thanks to the corporations buying up all seats and making them available to clients. Our lower-bowl crowd sucks donkey ass as well. It makes me sick. I ALWAYS sneak down to the lower section at halftime and seat-jump, and those fuckers sit on their hands and have to be prompted by Humble Billy to cheer or do anything. It's nice scenery sitting with the cocaine and boobjob crowd, but those people do not bleed blue and green like I do, and don't live and die with this team like I do. For most of this town, the Mavericks are nothing more than a pleasant diversion before Cowboys minicamp.

Findog
04-20-2008, 08:39 PM
But is plane fare to SA included?

Not on American Airlines. :lol

SAtown
04-20-2008, 09:08 PM
It's nice scenery sitting with the cocaine and boobjob crowd, but those people do not bleed blue and green like I do, and don't live and die with this team like I do.

I've seen Spurs @ Mavs twice, once in the upper level and once in the lower. 1st time (upper level) was in March of 03, TP hits a floater to win the game in OT. People wanted to kill my buddies and I cuz we talked tons of shit, but that's a good thing. That's what we expected, that's what we wanted. The second time was about a year after that, we sat in the lower level, Duncan goes down in the first quarter, Dallas scores like 45 points in the 1st (topped off by a half court shot to end the 1st), and they kill the Spurs. You could tell the upper level is where it's at, and I'm sure it's like that around the NBA.

San Antonio is a one-team town!

That's what makes it strange. We used to pack the Alamodome with NO problem back in the day. 25k+ when Malone, Shaq, even the early Cuban-era-Mavs would come into town...easily. Nowadays, people simply don't buy tickets. It could be the scalpers, it could be people just being spoiled with championships, it could be that the stadium is in the worst location in town, etc... Either way, it sucks because SA won't ever see a Spurs team this good ever again.

J.T.
04-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Dirk_Nowitzki is still Bitter Billy. Some things never change.

BiZNicK
04-21-2008, 12:56 AM
haha

I reserved my weekend just for the Playoffs....and I'm glad i did

Spurs/Suns officially set the bar