PDA

View Full Version : Notebook: Foul mood

jmard5
04-20-2008, 01:51 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA20080420.13C.NZ.State.13CSpursNotebook0420.387 bc06.html

Foul mood: The Suns weren't thrilled with how the fouls were distributed on Saturday — both the timing of their fouls and the nature of some of the Spurs' fouls.

Shaquille O'Neal picked up two fouls in the first quarter and a third early in the second period. He played only 30 minutes, 20 seconds of the 55-minute game, in part because of his own foul trouble and in part because the Spurs forced him to the bench by employing the "Hack-A-Shaq" intentional-foul tactic.

"The fouls really hurt us tonight," Suns guard Raja Bell said, "and it's a real shame, because we had a very good plan to work against the Spurs. We never gave Shaq a chance to get into a solid rhythm and make his shots."

O'Neal's response to the Spurs' use of Hack-A-Shaq: "If you have to use mathematical strategies to beat me, it won't work."

------

:lol But it did work, didn't it? Shaq's trying to be very funny.

bdictjames
04-20-2008, 01:52 AM
What does Shaq know about math?

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 01:53 AM

Im sure he might knows his times tables, but that might be a stretch.

Phenomanul
04-20-2008, 01:58 AM
He once said he was as undecipherable as the Pythagorean theorem...

Someone then reminded him that most 6 graders have it figured out... :lmao

Manudona
04-20-2008, 02:08 AM
You would think that if someone is so bothered by the "unfair" tactic, he would go to the god damn gym and bust his ass of shooting free shows till it gets some reasonable percentages...

roycrikside
04-20-2008, 02:44 AM

yeah, a squared + b squared = c squared. Holy shit that's complicated stuff.

Then again, the average sixth grader could probably make one out of three free throws too.

Supreme_Being
04-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Jesus. Shaq cracks me up. How could someone so rich be intellectually challenged?

sprrs
04-20-2008, 02:56 AM

I'm pretty sure he can tell you the exact price of a cheeseburger in Orlando, LA, Miami, and Phoenix plus tax.

sprrs
04-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Hell, he could probably do the same for every city with an NBA team.

WalterBenitez
04-20-2008, 08:09 AM

Porbably more than me, because I couldn't get it :wow

SouthernFried
04-20-2008, 08:14 AM
O'Neal's response to the Spurs' use of Hack-A-Shaq: "If you have to use mathematical strategies to beat me, it won't work."

Hey Shaq...we didn't do it to beat you.

We did it to beat your team.

Thanks, by the way.

CubanMustGo
04-20-2008, 10:00 AM
For the 500th time, although Shaq oftimes plays the fool, his SATs were right up there with DRob's.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2008, 10:01 AM
If a professional basketball player can't hit free throws at a higher percentage than I can, then he's got very little to complain about.

Sec24Row7
04-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Shaq is not dumb.

Shaq plays a dumb person on TV. It is his schtick. You have to be decently intelligent to have a schtick.

Summers
04-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Shaq is not dumb.

Shaq plays a dumb person on TV. It is his schtick. You have to be decently intelligent to have a schtick.

I agree. He's not as stupid as he pretends to be. I also get the feeling he's not as big an ass as he pretends to be. Still, I enjoy making fun of him. :)

Whiner_with_Cheese
04-22-2008, 04:45 AM
hi everyone... I have posted a celebratory post on my blog for Manu's 6th MOY, please feel free to checkhttp://iamjiyu.blogspot.com/2008/04/manu-ginobili-finally-named-6th-man-of.htmlcheck it out

SAGambler
04-22-2008, 07:59 AM
You would think that if someone is so bothered by the "unfair" tactic, he would go to the god damn gym and bust his ass of shooting free shows till it gets some reasonable percentages...

Ala Bruce Bowen a while back. Remember when they employed the same ploy against him. Bruce no longer became a automatic miss at the FT line and they quit doing that to him.

Take a cue Shaq. Do the same, and the tactic will no longer work. That is if you aren't too lazy to put in some extra time.

P.S. Email me where you are staying and I'll send a couple dozen Krispy Kremes over to you to keep you company during this down time.

SAGambler
04-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Jesus. Shaq cracks me up. How could someone so rich be intellectually challenged?

Rich does not equate to intelligence. Look at Amare for further proof of that.

boutons_
04-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Boozer had 3 fouls in the 2nd qtr last night.
Anybody hear Boozer or the Jazz whining about fouls?

Extra Stout
04-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Another day, another thing for the Suns to whine about.

Man of Steel
04-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Hey Shaq...

1 + 1 = ?
:lmao

ancestron
04-22-2008, 08:34 AM
here's an idea that might help the Suns stay out of early foul trouble-- stop fouling.

phyzik
04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I don't care what someones grades where in school. There is a difference between book smarts and general common sense smarts.

My neighbor is an RN for Methodist hospital, knows her freaking stuff when it comes to medicine or anything to do with illnesses.... Sit down and watch a movie that requires even a minimal amount of thinking with her and you will have to pause it every 10 minutes to explain what happened and why.

Those are the qualities Shaq appears to have. I could be wrong since I don't personally know him, all I can go by is what I see on TV.

Dex
04-22-2008, 09:18 AM
He can deny the Hack-a-Shaq all he wants, but a real player would've stepped to the line and hit at least one of those free throws. And a real coach would've at least stuck with his main guys for one more possession to see if he could beat the gimmick. Both Shaq and D'Antoni played right into Pop's hands.

And from what I remember, Shaq only had one questionable call go against him, and that was his first. I think any player would feel fortunate to only get one bad call a game. The guy acts like he is immune to fouls because of his size, and I don't hear him talking about all those calls he got away with. Like the elbow to the face on Manu with his arm stretched forward (keyword: not vertical) while standing inside the restricted area late in the game.

Shaq should know his numbers well enough to know that his Suns are -1 right now. Let's see how fast he can count to -4.

Drachen
04-22-2008, 10:13 AM

Yes the exact quote was "I'm just like the Pythagorean Theorem, I have no answer." Then a reporter told him that the answer to the Theorem is built right into Theorem (=c^2) and Shaq said "oh, well by the time you have it figured out, I'll have 20 pts and 13 rebs." I loved that, especially since the first time I heard it, I was thinking to myself, "umm the answer is right there" right before the reporter told him that.

thispego
04-22-2008, 10:25 AM

what a moronic statement

K-State Spur
04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
It takes a special kind of team to constantly bitch about the Refs after they just went +7 from the line in a game 1 ON THE ROAD. and yes, the suns are that special.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey Shaq...

1 + 1 = ?
:lmao
a 2 piece with a biscuit.