PDA

View Full Version : Good game Spurs fans but honestly

Amarelooms
04-20-2008, 11:26 AM
the Finley 3 and Duncan 3 wont happen often if ever again in these playoffs...ya'll were lucky to win that game...don expect the same in game 2 because AMARE LOOMS :elephant

tp2021
04-20-2008, 11:27 AM
looming, looming, looming... always looming.
just STFU and learn how to PLAY TO WIN, jackass.

ThomasGranger
04-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Don expect the Spurs to spot the Suns 16 points in game 2.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-20-2008, 11:28 AM
not as much as DUNCAN LOOMS :elephant

Amarelooms
04-20-2008, 11:30 AM
looming, looming, looming... always looming.
just STFU and learn how to PLAY TO WIN, jackass.

LOL Ducan 3 is playing to win...ok I'll take it..tell Pops to play to win more often...let him shoot more 3's

You Spurs homers here are a joke...watch next game if ya'll lose...everyone is acting like ya'll dominated that game...bail out 3's lol. People will be crying like little girls and claim the series is over if the SPurs lose game 2...watch and see. So sad indeed. :elephant

tp2021
04-20-2008, 11:31 AM
what is sad is you parading in here like a pink-stink elephant after the suns and mavs both lost.
begone.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Suns lose, he falls back on the Mavs.
Mavs lose, he falls back on the Suns.
What to do now?

Amarelooms
04-20-2008, 11:33 AM
what is sad is you parading in here like a pink-stink elephant after the suns and mavs both lost.
begone.

Im not a Suns fan...I like the Mavs...my nic is making fun of Suns homers if you dont realize that by now lol. If the Mavs dont win...which they wont since they suck ass... I will pull for the other Texas teams :elephant

GrandeDavid
04-20-2008, 11:36 AM
the Finley 3 and Duncan 3 wont happen often if ever again in these playoffs...ya'll were lucky to win that game...don expect the same in game 2 because AMARE LOOMS :elephant

Amare is overrated. Can't defend or shoot consistently. One dimensional and owned by the Spurs.

stepmonkey
04-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey mavfan, I think you better worry about Chris Paul Looms.

picnroll
04-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Adding to the list of why the Suns lost:
1. Joe Johnson out.
2. Nash "getting head butted" by Parker.
3. Amare and Diaw being to stupid to stay on the bench and the refs not DQing Duncan for standing up..
4. Donaghy throwing all four games the Spurs won.
5. Duncans three.
6. Shaq bulldozing over "floppers".

I can't wait to see what's the next sad story or excuse that Suns' fan has. :lol

callo1
LOL Ducan 3 is playing to win...ok I'll take it..tell Pops to play to win more often...let him shoot more 3's

You Spurs homers here are a joke...watch next game if ya'll lose...everyone is acting like ya'll dominated that game...bail out 3's lol. People will be crying like little girls and claim the series is over if the SPurs lose game 2...watch and see. So sad indeed. :elephant

Isn't the object of the game to put the orange round ball in the net? Didn't the Spurs do that more than the Dungs?

Why must some of you Dungs fans act so moronic and have an excuse for every damn loss that your piss poor franchise has ever incurred?

I guess 40 years of failure and being the leagues piss boy does that to you?

Just because Duncan doesn't take 3's often in games doesn't mean he can't hit them. He practices them before EVERY game. Had Amoron hit a big 3 in the game you would be here raving about the completness of his game and his 3 point skill.

It is dumbass posters like you that lose respect for the good Suns fans.

BTW, change you name to AmoronLooms, it is more fitting.

Warlord23
Here are a few other things I don't expect will happen:
- SA coming out cold to start the game. 6 missed FGs and 4 TOs before they scored their first FG.
- Nobody outside of Duncan doing anything in the first quarter and a half, spotting a 16 pt lead
- At least 6 to 8 blatantly blown calls from the officials in favor of the suns
- 8 TOs in the 1st quarter for a team which averages 13 a game
- Role players being invisible on offense (Bowen, Udoka, KT)
- Manu going 0-6 from the 3 point line
- Tony being near-concussed from that shot to the head

Think of the way the tide turned from 1st half to second. In the second half/OTs Shaq actually played more than he did in the 1st half. However, the 2nd half was when the Spurs cut down the TOs, started driving the ball through the D and taking Shaq away from the basket with the high pick and roll.

The Spurs scratched their heads for a half and started solving the problem in the 2nd. I'm looking for the Spurs perimeter players to come out looking to put the hurt on from the get-go on Tuesday. The Spurs played a god-awful 1st half and practically gift-wrapped Phoenix this game early on. If the Suns couldn't close the deal on this one, lets see what they do if SA gets the upper hand early in the game

Dre_7
04-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Im confused. Is he a Suns fan or a Mavs fan?? :wtf

nashfan13az
04-20-2008, 11:51 AM
As a suns I hope we win game 2 but I think it will be so hard consdering the way game 1 ended after that duncan 3 :(, I hope i'm wrong and the suns come out on fire because if the suns lose game two its over game 1 was the suns for the taking and they blew it you can't do that in the playoffs vs the spurs

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Im confused. Is he a Suns fan or a Mavs fan?? :wtf

Depends on which one is winning. But since they both lost he's just a hater right now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2008, 12:12 PM

Yep, if there's one thing we can count on is more bonehead fouls and foul trouble for your boy.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Im not a Suns fan...I like the Mavs...my nic is making fun of Suns homers if you dont realize that by now lol. If the Mavs dont win...which they wont since they suck ass... I will pull for the other Texas teams :elephant

Lie. Anybody that does a search of your posts can see that you were a Suns fan when you started here, but you were too stupid to just sign in under a different name when you jumped on the Mavericks' bandwagon.

ForeignFan
04-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Depends on which one is winning. But since they both lost he's just a hater right now.

:rollin

Amarelooms
04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Lie. Anybody that does a search of your posts can see that you were a Suns fan when you started here, but you were too stupid to just sign in under a different name when you jumped on the Mavericks' bandwagon.

Lol you clearly are a moron...thanks for playing :elephant

urunobili
04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
what is this douche? princes pimp's mav troll?

SAtown
04-20-2008, 12:28 PM
what is this douche? princes pimp's mav troll?

Nah, amarelooms was here way before pp. I'm trying to figure out which is the more pointless troll, though

QuietDynasty
04-20-2008, 12:42 PM

oh go choke like the mavs did yesterday.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Yes this was one of the best win in Spurs playoff history, but it was only game 1, and the Spurs NEED to blow the Suns out in Gm2

Dre_7
04-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes this was one of the best win in Spurs playoff history, but it was only game 1, and the Spurs NEED to blow the Suns out in Gm2

"NEED" to blow out the Suns?? So if they win game 2 by a point it wont matter? Lmao.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2008, 12:54 PM
"NEED" to blow out the Suns?? So if they win game 2 by a point it wont matter? Lmao.

sure a win is a win, but a message needs to sent, if Spurs win by 10+ on Tuesday, the Sweep will be a lock

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 12:54 PM

Don't expect the Spurs to get down 16 again at home, either. Honestly.

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 12:58 PM
sure a win is a win, but a message needs to sent, if Spurs win by 10+ on Tuesday, the Sweep will be a lock

There are no "messages" in the playoffs, except "We won four, now pack your bags for the summer". It doesn't matter if they're all by one. Spurs rarely blow out anyone in the post season. We just sort of grind them down.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2008, 12:59 PM
There are no "messages" in the playoffs, except "We won four, now pack your bags for the summer". It doesn't matter if they're all by one. Spurs rarely blow out anyone in the post season. We just sort of grind them down.

I will say this though, Spurs lose GM2, it's a wrap

it will be Spurs/Mavs 06 all over again

SpurOutofTownFan
04-20-2008, 01:49 PM

With no intention to be condescending to you in any way but knowing you've been with us for some time and have direct knowledge of all the things people say in this forum I can't believe you still think the spurs won the game because they are just lucky. There's a big difference between both teams and that's mental toughness. It happened last year as well, and the year before. That's what make champions.

One day, people like Amare will learn they need to play and stop complaining. That they need to stop being the victims and call their own shots in life. You are the architect of your own life. The day you realize that is the day you conquer life. Learn, apply, practice and then maybe then you can be with the best.

LuvBones
04-20-2008, 01:55 PM
With no intention to be condescending to you in any way but knowing you've been with us for some time and have direct knowledge of all the things people say in this forum I can't believe you still think the spurs won the game because they are just lucky. There's a big difference between both teams and that's mental toughness. It happened last year as well, and the year before. That's what make champions.

One day, people like Amare will learn they need to play and stop complaining. That they need to stop being the victims and call their own shots in life. You are the architect of your own life. The day you realize that is the day you conquer life. Learn, apply, practice and then maybe then you can be with the best.

excellent post. :)

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 01:56 PM
lol bitter mavs fan

go pull a dirk and choke on something...

BTW if I was you I'd be more worried about the Mavs than the Spurs.

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I will say this though, Spurs lose GM2, it's a wrap

it will be Spurs/Mavs 06 all over again

2-7

That's Phoenix's "home court" against us from 2003 2005 2007

It may be over for you, because you're a fucking quitter as evidenced by your uber-whiney "MUST" posts here, but it ain't over for the Spurs.

Grow a pair, bitch.

cash459
04-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Then why are you in here trashing the Spurs!?!? They are from Texas, you know. And to top it off, the ONLY texas team to win yesterday.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2008, 02:09 PM
:bang

that time of the month for you?

PlayoffEx-static
04-20-2008, 02:11 PM
that time of the month for you?

I won't even ask you the same question because you seem to have the perennial period going.

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Phoenix will win the next 4 games

SpurOutofTownFan
04-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Phoenix will win the next 4 games

I'll give you some credit when you finally come up with some material to back up what you say. "Must" posts are not enough for the quality of this forum.

Also If I was you I would be worried about what happened last night at Houston. THAT was embarrassing. No balls whatsoever. No spirit.

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I'll give you some credit when you finally come up with some material to back up what you say. "Must" posts are not enough for the quality of this forum.

Also If I was you I would be worried about what happened last night at Houston. THAT was embarrassing. No balls whatsoever. No spirit.
Who cares what happened in Houston?:lol

Beno Udrih
04-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Who cares what happened in Houston?:lol

You do. Rocket fan.

Beno Udrih
04-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Houston sucked ass last night. I say Jazz sweep.

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:27 PM
No I'm not a Rocket fan...stupid queens fan!

Beno Udrih
04-20-2008, 02:28 PM
No I'm not a Rocket fan...stupid queens fan!

Still doesn't take away from the fact that the Rockets are going to get knocked out the first round again. They suck.

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:30 PM
They Spurs will be the ones knocked out in the first round, just watch!

Beno Udrih
04-20-2008, 02:32 PM

Still doesn't take away from the fact that the Rockets are going to get knocked out the first round again. They suck.

Princess Pimp
04-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Whatever makes you happy dumbass!

FromWayDowntown
04-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I thought yesterday was more about heart, taking advantage of some good fortune, makings some good luck, and finding a wee bit of confidence than it was about being physically better than Phoenix. Nothing about the Game 1 win tells me that Phoenix is done or that San Antonio is somehow clearly favored to win the series. It tells me that if the Spurs face some adversity in subsequent games, they'll have the heart to try to overcome it, but it doesn't say to me that they're unlikely to face adversity down the road against the Suns.

For all that went wrong at times, a lot of things went right for the Spurs yesterday. I don't think they can hope for that and I'm a bit nervous about whether the Spurs are going to be consistently better than Phoenix without a little bit of luck.

Beno Udrih
04-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Whatever makes you happy dumbass!

Rockets losing in the first round does.

Summers
04-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Rockets losing in the first round does.

Good Lord, you two get a room!

UV Ray
04-20-2008, 03:03 PM
I thought yesterday was more about heart, taking advantage of some good fortune, makings some good luck, and finding a wee bit of confidence than it was about being physically better than Phoenix. Nothing about the Game 1 win tells me that Phoenix is done or that San Antonio is somehow clearly favored to win the series. It tells me that if the Spurs face some adversity in subsequent games, they'll have the heart to try to overcome it, but it doesn't say to me that they're unlikely to face adversity down the road against the Suns.

For all that went wrong at times, a lot of things went right for the Spurs yesterday. I don't think they can hope for that and I'm a bit nervous about whether the Spurs are going to be consistently better than Phoenix without a little bit of luck.

:wow

Breaking News: Intelligent life discovered on Spurstalk.

FromWayDowntown
04-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Thinking that the Spurs aren't invincible isn't the same as believing the Suns are going to win the series.

Warlord23
04-20-2008, 03:17 PM

Still doesn't help you raise your piss-poor IQ level, though.

T Park
04-20-2008, 03:21 PM
or all that went wrong at times, a lot of things went right for the Spurs yesterday.

Ginobili going 0-6 on threes negates alot of things that went right.

SequSpur
04-20-2008, 03:23 PM

fuk off.

UV Ray
04-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Thinking that the Spurs aren't invincible isn't the same as believing the Suns are going to win the series.

It doesn't matter what we think or believe anyways.
I just thought your post was more perceptive and rational than most.

watertorture
04-20-2008, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=AMARE LOOMS/QUOTE]

That's not very manly...
but a good thing for him to do while watching the rest of the playoffs.
http://www.paivatar.com/AFA/library/graphics/cmot/22-loom.jpg

spursfan09
04-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't understand why people just think that the game was perfect for the Spurs. It had a perfect ending, but hopefully next time Barry plays more; Ginobili starts knocking his shots from the outside; and Tony Parker does not foul out again by fouling 3 point shooters. That is not something he does. Don't know what was up with him. His head was in the game, but maybe his vision was skewed from the hit he took?

TampaDude
04-20-2008, 04:15 PM

Say...weren't you the one predicting a sweep by the Suns??? :lmao

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Barry needs to take more 3s

and Manu needs his 3 back

sprrs
04-20-2008, 04:33 PM

I think what it does though, is give worlds of confidence to the Spurs that they can play with the Suns. In the first half, as in the regular season, they looked scared against the Suns. In the second half they were fearless. That's going to be important if they wanna pull out the series.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Ah hey guess what, Spurs won - deal with it.

LilMissSPURfect
04-20-2008, 04:39 PM

uuuuuh ok.. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Manu needs to get back into [Terrorist-Mode]

and start bombing 3's all day like that last game against the Cavs in regular season

SpurOutofTownFan
04-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Manu is still hurt on his groin. That last 3 was as flat as the ocean.

BonnerDynasty
04-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't understand why people just think that the game was perfect for the Spurs. It had a perfect ending, but hopefully next time Barry plays more; Ginobili starts knocking his shots from the outside; and Tony Parker does not foul out again by fouling 3 point shooters. That is not something he does. Don't know what was up with him. His head was in the game, but maybe his vision was skewed from the hit he took?

The people over at azsportsfan are assuming the Spurs played their best on Sat. and will not make any adjustments LOL

G Hill reinjured his groin also.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2008, 06:27 PM
If Manu plays like he did in the 2nd half...............an entire game

Spurs in 4

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I can't count the number of coaches, players, commentators, etc. from every sport who have said that good luck (or bad luck) is a matter of opportunity meeting a prepared (or unprepared) team. It's one of those sports cliches that rings true in every walk of life. Finley's three is one that he's hit plenty of times in his life. It wasn't some off balance one handed heave, it's a shot that he's been taking his entire career, and he's been on a hot streak as of late.

And while Duncan is never going to win any three point contests, he's got good form on his jumper from 18 feet. If you've got a good shooting stroke the biggest difference between shooting from 18 feet and the three point line is a matter of confidence. Nor was it luck that Tim was wide open. It was a result of the fact that Manu had been lighting the Suns up in the paint and they weren't about to let him get another easy look.

Bottom line, if the Spurs had lost it wouldn't have been a matter of bad luck, and I think it's a senseless argument that they lost because of it.

florige
04-20-2008, 07:28 PM
The people over at azsportsfan are assuming the Spurs played their best on Sat. and will not make any adjustments LOL

G Hill reinjured his groin also.

So what Phx played bad? Give me a break! At one point it seemed like Amare and Nash were pretty much scoring the ball at will.

Strike
04-20-2008, 09:43 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if, someday, you were able to change your name to Amarewins?

Tacker
04-20-2008, 09:45 PM

Dont worry about the Spurs worry about your team who are getting owned by a first time playoff wonder New Orleans Hornets. (Rofl)

duncan228
04-20-2008, 10:57 PM
We had Tim hit his first 3 this season, and maybe of his life.

Duncan is 24-126 in 3's in the regular season, 4-24 in the Playoffs, including yesterday's.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if, someday, you were able to change your name to Amarewins?

Since he's already changed allegiance to Dallas, he'll probably be a Hornets fan by this summer.

NoMoneyDown
04-21-2008, 12:26 PM

Why is it always the NEXT game we should be watching?

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Ok guys if the Spurs win game 2 tomorrow, just remember do not celebrate it or be happy about it. Can't becasue the other teams' fans say so.

Rummpd
04-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Amare averaged 40 or so a game a few years back and Suns still lost in 5. I am not worried as he gives up as much on other side if not more with his lame defensive play.

florige
04-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok guys if the Spurs win game 2 tomorrow, just remember do not celebrate it or be happy about it. Can't becasue the other teams' fans say so.

Yeah because if we win there will either be a conspiracy involved, we were lucky, or we are just plain dirty. BUT they will get us next game....

BiZNicK
04-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Spurs in 5.

K-State Spur
04-21-2008, 01:24 PM

Probably not.

On the other hand, once the Spurs adjusted to the Suns, they outscored them by 18 points over the final 40 minutes of the game. Food for thought.

GinobiliLooms
04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
just wait til Ginobili goes off for 50.

Don Quixote
04-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Adding to the list of why the Suns lost:
1. Joe Johnson out.
2. Nash "getting head butted" by Parker.
3. Amare and Diaw being to stupid to stay on the bench and the refs not DQing Duncan for standing up..
4. Donaghy throwing all four games the Spurs won.
5. Duncans three.
6. Shaq bulldozing over "floppers".

I can't wait to see what's the next sad story or excuse that Suns' fan has. :lol

D'Antoni is on the take?

Finley's three did not actually go through the rim. It only appeared to do so, and despite the video evidence and preponderance of witnesses, the Spurs actually rigged the rim so the shot would go in.

The velocity and arc of Duncan's shot was not sufficient to go through. Same as above.

Popovich and the Spurs' coaching staff were wearing all their rings, and the glare messed with the Sons' vision.

Don Quixote
04-21-2008, 03:39 PM
And Isiah just got fired! Now you KNOW he had to have something to do with it!

Seriously. Isiah totally knows all about Stern's plot to keep the Spurs on top. That's why he's being paid off to keep quiet.

It's all related ...