PDA

View Full Version : Could Tim add a trey to his game.

Fabbs
04-20-2008, 11:49 AM
I know it was only his fouth attempt and 1st make of the season.
Still, with that form he displayed....

Could Tim add a standing kick out three to his game when he is wide open?:toast :downspin::rollin

I'm not talking about a Michael Finley guy right on him shuffles to the side and adjusts in mid air three, I'm talking about the one Tim did yesterday. Sets, plants, breathes, fires. Could Tim do this say average once, twice a game. Dang that would complete him.:toast

He looked great on that 18 foot jumper earlier too.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2008, 12:01 PM
If I'd been coaching the olympic team, I'd have put Timmy on the three point line and made him a shooter. Nobody else could hit from outside, and he couldn't play in the paint without getting raped or called for an offensive foul or a walk. He certainly has olympic three point range.

That said, the answer is no, bordering on hell no.

Actually, the answer is hell no, bordering on :lmao.

Phil Hellmuth
04-20-2008, 12:03 PM
confidence does wonders

Obstructed_View
04-20-2008, 12:04 PM
To be truthful, Timmy didn't make that shot because he's a great three point shooter, he made it because he's clutch. See All Star Weekend. :)

bdictjames
04-20-2008, 12:05 PM
NO

Tim doesn't think so too, if he did he would've been another Rasheed Wallace by now.

DarrinS
04-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Tim's been hiding this weapon for years and just waiting for the right moment to unleash it.

:wakeup

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-20-2008, 12:26 PM
He'll probably add it when he's older and is losing his step.

Fabbs
04-20-2008, 12:34 PM
confidence does wonders
Yep, and athletic ability.
And openminded offensive strategists.

Shaolin-Style
04-20-2008, 12:35 PM
He probably could, but why take away easier high percentage shots from inside the arc and at the post?

J.T.
04-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Tim Duncan hit another three like that in preseason this year. It's hard to believe Pop drew up TD for 3 with the game on the line, but the Spurs needed a wide open three pointer and you gotta think everyone on the Spurs new that Phoenix wouldn't close out when they saw #21 line up a shot from three point land. It was calculated, it was a risk, and it paid off huge. Tim is good from distance when he sizes up the shot and that's why this worked. I wouldn't trust Tim as a spot up three point shooter like Dirk. I doubt we'll see this play ever again.

Fabbs
04-20-2008, 01:12 PM
He probably could, but why take away easier high percentage shots from inside the arc and at the post?
Because it would open up the offense even more, including his game inside the arc and at the post. The opponents are not such that they can never stop Tim inside. They can and have.
While Duncan has won 4 titles, he also has not won 6 titles. If he and the Spurs can increase his and their chances by improving, why not do so?

J.T.
It was calculated, it was a risk, and it paid off huge. Tim is good from distance when he sizes up the shot and that's why this worked. I wouldn't trust Tim as a spot up three point shooter like Dirk. I doubt we'll see this play ever again.
Why does the standard have to be "Dirk" or nothing. From treyville if a player hits only 35% it is the equivilent of 50% from inside the arc.

lefty
04-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't want Timmy to turn into Rasheed.

Sheed has a great low-post game that he should use more often

MrChug
04-20-2008, 01:55 PM
See All Star Weekend. :)

Yah, but I gotta admit that when Sheed hit that effortless left handed 3 pointer and never looked back I thought that was the shit...and I hate Rasheed Wallace.