View Full Version : Fedor vs Sylvia Official
dallaskd
04-20-2008, 12:29 PM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/6112-25_FedorEmelianenkoPrideUSA.jpg
Fedor Emelianenko announced on Friday via his personal website that he has officially signed to fight Tim Sylvia on July 19 in the United States. MMAWeekly.com has since confirmed the bout with independent sources.
The announcement did not mention a specific show, but previous sources have indicated that it will be a promotion headed by clothing giant Affliction.
The news on his website also stated that Fedor has signed on for two more fights to take place later this year in October and December, although no particular opponent or organization was named for either fight.
The fight in December is set to take place in Japan on one of the New Year’s Eve shows, as Fedor plans on celebrating his sixth year in a row overseas.
This will be Fedor’s first fight since submitting Hong Man Choi at the Yarennoka event in Japan on New Year’s Even 2007, while Sylvia will face his first challenge since exiting the Ultimate Fighting Championship after being its champion on two separate occasions.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6112&zoneid=13
LEONARD
04-21-2008, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't call it "official" yet...
oligarchy
04-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't call it "official" yet...
Why wouldn't you call it official yet?
You and Evan haven't heard anything? When you hear something, let me know about tickets.
Why wouldn't you call it official yet?
You and Evan haven't heard anything? When you hear something, let me know about tickets.
It hasn't been signed yet....at least last I heard on Friday.
And as for tickets...the event has to officially able to happen first. That rumored super card has a LONG way to go before it can happen.
LEONARD
04-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Lindland confirms Affliction and probably July 19th...just like we heard a couple weeks ago... :fro
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/04/19/lindland-announces-hes-fighting-for-affliction/
And...
"Josh Barnett added to May 18 WVR card"
So that takes him off the affliction card.
When you hear something, let me know about tickets.
And I just want to make one thing clear on this again...methinks the only way LEONARD and I will be able to get cheap ass tickets like in the past is if ticket sales lag.
For the amount this payroll might be they will be checking the floors for loose change that fell out of pockets let alone let allow some of their staff to hook people up.
tlongII
04-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Sylvia will give Fedor a serious beatdown.
LEONARD
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Sylvia will give Fedor a serious beatdown.
Interesting...
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:
oligarchy
04-23-2008, 12:24 PM
And I just want to make one thing clear on this again...methinks the only way LEONARD and I will be able to get cheap ass tickets like in the past is if ticket sales lag.
For the amount this payroll might be they will be checking the floors for loose change that fell out of pockets let alone let allow some of their staff to hook people up.
In any case, regardless of "cheap" tickets. If I can get good seats as early as possible, let me know.
dbreiden83080
04-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Sylvia will give Fedor a serious beatdown.
Sylvia will get armbarred and owned badly.
ATRAIN
04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Interesting...
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:
LMAO WOW really, want to bet 100 bucks TLONG?
It all depends on the rules Fedor's people demand.
tlongII
04-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I do believe Sylvia will beat him, especially if it's in a cage. He will overwhelm Fedor with his size.
Fedor is a MMA God but it has been so long since he has fought relative talent rust could be a massive problem for him.
LEONARD
04-23-2008, 03:43 PM
It all depends on the rules Fedor's people demand.
I expect that the rules will be nothing out of the ordinary...
and it wouldn't matter...they could give Sylvia 2 sledgehammers and a folding chair and he'd still lose...
I do believe Sylvia will beat him, especially if it's in a cage. He will overwhelm Fedor with his size.
If size is your basis, then he should’ve lost to:
HMC
http://www.mmatko.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/fedor-choi2-sm.jpg
Schilt
http://sfuk.tripod.com/events_02/pride21_sem.jpg
Hunt
http://www.boutreviewusa.com/RingSide/Images/pride/123106/1167657510.jpg
Zulu
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/23/22814.jpg
Right? :toast
LEONARD
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I'd like to see any of those guys (except Zulu) vs Tim actually...
I'm telling ya....this will be Fedor's toughest match yet....now before everyone laughs...listen to my reasons.
Cage (possibly...so a new environment)
Elbows (doubtful they will be allowed but possible)
Tim is a solid fighter with a match-up problem. (Indeed, all of those guys above are big but talent wise Tim is superior to all of them)
Long layoff against legit relative opponents (here is the biggest problem)
As goofy and unlikable as he is he isn't bad fighter.
Make him 5"10 and he would have been 1 and done on the UFC I think, but like I have always said, being an average fighter in that massive frame creates a problems and has lead to his success.
LEONARD
04-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Yea yea yea...it will be a good fight for him, but he can't lose...
Tim will get MFS'd (submitted). He has good takedown defense for wrestling type takedowns (ie, good sprawl...see Monson fight), but he's very susceptible to the type of takedowns that Fedor uses. Clinch, body lock, trip...he'll go down easy and then get armbar'd...
dbreiden83080
04-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Fedor in my mind will take out Sylvia big if for no other reason then he has heard all the talk about him not fighting anyone in a few years and Randy beat Tim down. We all know he will fight Randy at some point so he will need to look great against Sylvia.
dbreiden83080
04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
He has good takedown defense for wrestling type takedowns (ie, good sprawl...see Monson fight)
LOL Tim's fight with Monson my GOD was such a joke. I have that event on DVD (GSP/Hughes 2) and in the behind the scenes Tim does nothing but talk trash about how Bad a matchup he is for Monson and he will KO him in RD 1. Then he goes out there, barely throws a punch for 5 RDS, sprawls like crazy to avoid takedowns, just does enough to win 4 of the 5 RDS and comes back to the dressing room and says, "We knew we were going to have a hard time knocking him out because he was always looking for the takedown", yeah right not what you said before the fight Tim. :rolleyes
LEONARD
04-23-2008, 04:28 PM
:lol at Timmy
This is all about a rusty Fedor...you guys are missing the point. How many times have we read about someone post fight talk about how a layoff caused them problems?
LEONARD
04-23-2008, 05:06 PM
All you have to do is add some grease...Cyborgs don't rust as long as they're maintained...
All you have to do is add some grease...Cyborgs don't rust as long as they're maintained...
hah...
Much respect to Timmeh though. He will be like Guy Mezger when his career is all said and done. He may not have beaten the best in his class but the f-cker sure did try.
Here is the fight finder profile of a true legend
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=14
dallaskd
04-23-2008, 08:17 PM
If this fight is in a cage i can see it going alot like Nog vs Timmy. I think tim can use his takedown defense and will be able to punch and move away from Fedor. Sylvia is good enough to avoid being overwhlemed early. Fedor will get him on the ground in the third and will sub him with a kimura. This could easily go to decision. Couture couldnt finish him. Sylvia had Noguiera hurt badly and has very heavy hands. Tim's hope is pounding fedor with some kicks(something he didnt do with randy b/c i think he was afraid couture would catch one). Though based on the fact CC couldnt KO him I really cant see that happening. Tim did decent on the ground vs Nog and IMO big nog is better at BJJ than fedor. If this is in a cage and elbows are allowed that could be trouble for fedor. The only way Tim wins this fight is if he can avoid takedowns and win the stand-up war or cut fedor badly (which is very possible if elbows are allowed)
The only way Tim wins this fight is if he can avoid takedowns and win the stand-up war or cut fedor badly (which is very possible if elbows are allowed)
IF
atxrocker
04-23-2008, 11:47 PM
holy shit, this could be good. my prediction for tim sylvia: PAIN
polandprzem
04-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Fedor only will be rusty in terms of not being in top fights rythym.
Other then that he lives by traing and learning.
It's not like Leben drinking beer and having fun rusty situation. (although you can't get rusty drinking beer and having fun :wtf )
LEONARD
04-24-2008, 08:42 AM
If this fight is in a cage i can see it going alot like Nog vs Timmy. I think tim can use his takedown defense
Tim’s takedown defense isn’t going to work against Fedor. He won’t be going for single and double legs…
I’m sure it WILL be in a cage.
Couture couldnt finish him.
Couture’s subs are below avg…Fedor’s are top notch.
Sylvia had Noguiera hurt badly and has very heavy hands.
Fedor had Nog (in his prime) hurt badly and never got into trouble himself. Timmy got sub’d by a shell of the former Nog.
Tim did decent on the ground vs Nog and IMO big nog is better at BJJ than fedor.
Fedor doesn’t do BJJ ;)
The only way Tim wins this fight is if he can avoid takedowns and win the stand-up
Fedor’s striking is much better than Tim’s.
or cut fedor badly (which is very possible if elbows are allowed)
A cut is Tim’s best hope IMO.
Who knows about elbows. They weren’t allowed at the last HDNet Fights event in Dallas, although you could use forearms…which was kinda dumb because guys were throwing forearms and clipping with the point of the elbow. 2 fights were majorly impacted due to cuts from elbows even though they were illegal. Not sure what rule set Adrenaline will follow.
:fro
dbreiden83080
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Thing about Sylvia is he is very well rounded but he is not exceptional in any one area of fighting. He thinks he is a great striker, i'd say he is a very good striker. His hands are not very fast, he has good kicks but his defense as we saw in the Randy fight is not that great. Arlovski should have won their last 2 fights. He is a better striker than Tim, with much much faster hands and is technically better too i thought. He was winning the 2nd fight then got overly aggresive and got caught and the 3rd fight he was just too tentative to go after him. If you press Tim, you can beat him, Randy did and so will Fedor. Takedown in the clinch followed by an armbar, fights over.
dallaskd
05-08-2008, 04:49 PM
is this not official yet?
No
They don't even know where they will have it yet and tickets still aren't for sale yet.
Hell they don't even have a f-cking website up.
Idiots at Affliction.
polandprzem
05-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Not about this fight and pretty old but worth seeing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etgTueUP3t4
How their going to pay for this is beyond me but I can't wait to see it
MAIN CARD (PAY PER VIEW)
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Ben Rothwell vs. TBA
Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko*
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
PRELIMINARY CARD
Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young
J.J. Ambrose vs. Patrick Speight
Brett Cooper vs. Mike Pyle
LEONARD
05-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Not about this fight and pretty old but worth seeing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etgTueUP3t4
That's Fedor's segment from "Pride Fighting Decade"...
LEONARD
05-14-2008, 08:22 AM
How their going to pay for this is beyond me but I can't wait to see it
MAIN CARD (PAY PER VIEW)
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Ben Rothwell vs. TBA
Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko*
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
PRELIMINARY CARD
Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young
J.J. Ambrose vs. Patrick Speight
Brett Cooper vs. Mike Pyle
Same here, but I don't care too much...if they a couple cards and call it quits at least we'll have gotten some matchups that probably wouldn't have happened otherwise... :fro
Same here, but I don't care too much...if they a couple cards and call it quits at least we'll have gotten some matchups that probably wouldn't have happened otherwise... :fro
See that just bugs me…I don't know why I care about the business side of MMA so much. I just can't get into something I know will fail.
LEONARD
05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
See that just bugs me…I don't know why I care about the business side of MMA so much. I just can't get into something I know will fail.
You will once the bell rings and Fedor is about to dismantle the sloth... ;)
You will once the bell rings and Fedor is about to dismantle the sloth... ;)
In a ring with likely no elbows…more than likely.
I'm surprised Fedor is allowing punches….
polandprzem
05-15-2008, 10:55 PM
In a ring with likely no elbows…more than likely.
I'm surprised Fedor is allowing punches….
Were there stomps, soccer kicks, knees to the head on the ground in the UFC?
Were there stomps, soccer kicks, knees to the head on the ground in the UFC?
Tim utilizes elbows and the cage wall as part of his game. He needs one of those to have a chance of winning.
polandprzem
05-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Tim utilizes elbows and the cage wall as part of his game. He needs one of those to have a chance of winning.
So they need to change the rules for him :tu
So they need to change the rules for him :tu
I'm just saying…everyone seems to have to change for Fedor (as demanded by his people, not him)and not the other way around to make it level for him.
Its a bit odd
Love or hate Lindland but that dude will fight anywhere against anyone under any conditions.
dallaskd
05-16-2008, 10:27 PM
How their going to pay for this is beyond me but I can't wait to see it
MAIN CARD (PAY PER VIEW)
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Ben Rothwell vs. TBA
Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko*
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
PRELIMINARY CARD
Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young
J.J. Ambrose vs. Patrick Speight
Brett Cooper vs. Mike Pyle
gonna be Rothwell vs Arlovski right?
gonna be Rothwell vs Arlovski right?
Likely. The UFC has until Monday to match their offer but Affliction is blowing a massive wad on this card so there is a chance they get nervous financially.
dallaskd
05-18-2008, 11:49 AM
That would be awesome if Affliction could keep putting up cards like this but this will probably be a one hit wonder. It sure will sort out the top HWs though.
dallaskd
05-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Not about this fight and pretty old but worth seeing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etgTueUP3t4
very sweet. :tu
Tim is retarded
He laid out every detail of his game including strengths and weakness on hdnet fights right in front of Fedor. And if that wasn't enough, he detailed his fight plan.
Idiot
polandprzem
05-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Tim is retarded
He laid out every detail of his game including strengths and weakness on hdnet fights right in front of Fedor. And if that wasn't enough, he detailed his fight plan.
Idiot
It doesn't matter cause I think Fedor won' be preparing for that gameplan.
All in all Tim could fake this.
It doesn't matter cause I think Fedor won' be preparing for that gameplan.
All in all Tim could fake this.
Possible but I think he was simply trying to be friendly and personable with the way he said it.
dallaskd
05-26-2008, 11:57 AM
I dont think Fedor is going to fight off Sylvia. he's going to do his thing
dallaskd
06-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Sylvia pulls out and is to be replaced by Couture!!!!!! yeah!!!!! wooo!!!
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6396&zoneid=13 (http://www.youfail.org/)
Sylvia pulls out and is to be replaced by Couture!!!!!! yeah!!!!! wooo!!!
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6396&zoneid=13 (http://www.youfail.org/)
huh??
ALISTAIR OVEREEM TO FIGHT AT DREAM 4??????????????
What are you talking about? Randy is talking about retiring now.
by the way dallaskd, I always hover over links. But this time I didn't so...
fail...
just letting a little reverse fail at ya.
dallaskd
06-02-2008, 10:38 PM
hah i just saw it in the spurs forum. just trying to see if it could work.
hah i just saw it in the spurs forum. just trying to see if it could work.
it worked on me, I was skeptical but clicked anyway. I was just trying to take the wind out of your sails briefly before admitting I got caught. :downspin:
I have never been Rick Rolled
Goatseed
Tubgirled
or 2girls1cupped
But I have now been ...youfailed? Kind of ironic.
dallaskd
06-03-2008, 04:28 PM
it worked on me, I was skeptical but clicked anyway. I was just trying to take the wind out of your sails briefly before admitting I got caught. :downspin:
I have never been Rick Rolled
Goatseed
Tubgirled
or 2girls1cupped
But I have now been ...youfailed? Kind of ironic.
i wont post anything adult, but i will rick roll you someday
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.