:hat

THE SIXTH MAN
04-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Often Imitated.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/jmartinez1684/nbagduncan580pg5vq3.jpg

Never Duplicated.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Seeing that during the game had me in awe of his leadership. When Timmy talks everyone listens up, he is such a leader.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Tim Duncan is a great leader.

TDfan2007
04-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Seeing that right after he hit the game-tying three almost made me cry. The man is simply the best. Reminded me of how he rallied everyone in game 7 against the Pistons. Beautiful stuff.

Buddy Holly
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
This is Tim's team.

Did you see him command his teammates attention on the bench after he hit the three in the first OT?

duncan228
04-20-2008, 11:00 PM
It's been Duncan's team since 2003.

Duncan's words, from S.L. Price's "The Quiet Man" Sports Illustrated, December 2003.

No, he tilts his chair back and, face blank, quietly states what he has never been able to state before. "It is my team," he says. "It's got to be."

boutons_
04-20-2008, 11:40 PM
In the first half, he was really playing 1-on-5. I hope the other Spurs are embarrassed into not abandoning him again.

Such broad, powerful shoulders.

"You guys can come along, but today, I'm going end-to-end, 48 minutes."

With that business-like look, he just kept going. OK, that's a play, wipe's his brow, hurry up, let's play the next one, run down the court, let's do it, and the next play, etc, etc.

Just fucking impatient, tireless, relentless, bulldozin' ballin.

I don't know whether it was the challenge of Shaq or whether he REALLY, REALLY wants the Repeat that has escaped him 3 times.

duncan228
04-20-2008, 11:47 PM
In the first half, he was really playing 1-on-5. I hope the other Spurs are embarrassed into not abandoning him again.

Such broad, powerful shoulders.

"You guys can come along, but today, I'm going end-to-end, 48 minutes."

With that business-like look, he just kept going. OK, that's a play, wipe's his brow, hurry up, let's play the next one, run down the court, let's do it, and the next play, etc, etc.

Just fucking impatient, tireless, relentless, bulldozin' ballin.

I don't know whether it was the challenge of Shaq or whether he REALLY, REALLY wants the Repeat that has escaped him 3 times.

Nice post.

I think it's a combination of both that fired Duncan up. There has been so much made of the Duncan/Shaq match-up, how could he not come out ready to play? Duncan is nothing if not a competitor, he's said he gets up for pick-up games. He wants to win, the higher the stakes the more he rises.

And he does really want the repeat. This is the best chance he's had, he's going to leave it all out there every game, every series.